Tom Ford Skyfall Ties

Comments

• othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    Cross post from QOS thread:

The gold version of the blue-skyfall tie is up.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,333MI6 Agent
    Been stuck at home, so not been into TF in Selfridges yet, but one of their folks took some photos of the newly arrived ties, and it looks like we're out of luck, for the mo. Jany did say that TF made the grenadine woven ties specially for the film, but I was hoping that, following the Bowtie made from what looked like the same material as the PTS tie, we could have been in luck. Here are some photos of the new stock, anyway:

TFNewTies_zpsda05b7b1.jpg

TFNewTiesii_zps273b2afd.jpg

MB
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Great effort!! You must have good contact to send you pics lol

Why do I get the feeling we will never see the Skyfall ties ?:)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Why does that dotted tie (far right) alway keep appearing? Wanst that tie labeled skyfall or bond or something in the thread?
    96mn12 wrote:
    Why does that dotted tie (far right) alway keep appearing? Wanst that tie labeled skyfall or bond or something in the thread?

Think it was one of the ones labelled James Bond collection (none of the Tom Ford stuff has been labelled Skyfall)
    I'm going to try and hit TF this week; will see if there's anything to add to the ties above.

So to confirm, the 3-tone blue tie is the only one that's been available at retail? Were the other ones spotted at any point?
    Nope but the other two have been on eBay in diff colours and the Blue is not 100% def either (not available skinny anyhow)

May the force (err Ford) be with you
    so is it confirmed that tha tie (dotted) is not an actual movie used piece right?
    96mn12 wrote:
    so is it confirmed that tha tie (dotted) is not an actual movie used piece right?

Think it's safe to assume that :)
    I was in Selfridges here in London this morning to pick up my Lodge Barbour, finally tracked down in Medium (thanks for the heads-up, Thomo), and I popped in to the Tom Ford concession, and got chatting to the Assistant Manager, and she pulled out 2 of the ties for Skyfall! She didn't have the PTS Silver one, but here are some photos of the Blue Tie where Bond meets Q/MI6, and a 2nd one, which is presumably from the Manor/DB5 section. How do we know these are the correct Bond ties? Well, Tom Ford has very kindly labelled them for us on the price tag. I also photographed the Skyfall bow tie, again labelled as the James Bond one on the price tag.

file-1.jpgfile-2.jpg

file.jpgfile-3.jpg

file-7.jpgfile-4.jpg

Just in case the images are not clear enough for the product codes for you, here they are for you:

James Bond Silk Bow Tie, Black TF 160 4T7 A
    James Bond Silk Monochrome Tie (Dark Grey) TF 137 1TM G
    James Bond Silk Monochrome tie (Navy) TF 123 1TM G

One other point is that the ties are narrower than usual, apparently. The widest point, at the bottom of the ties, is 8.5cm, or just under 3 1/2"

Hope this helps, and sorry that the photos are not exceptionally clear, but I had to use the flash.
    ???
    Yeah hit the submit by mistake. Was gonna say that the "London tie" from magnoli looks a lot like one of the ties here...If I could find the picture that would be even better...

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/london-tie-ties-p-428.html

Now, what is this "London tie"? Is it the one on the rooftop scene?
    That's the London tie from QoS mate!!!
    edited January 2013
    Ok wrong movie...

:))

EDIT: I'm going crossed eyed looking at all these ties. Suddenly all patterns look the same
    None of those ties pictured appear to be in Skyfall,
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Might the navy tie above [James Bond Silk Monochrome tie (Navy) TF 123 1TM G] be the one in this picture?

B23_00742_CROP_r_GQ_26_Oct12_pr_1920_646x646.jpg
    kadd wrote:
    Might the navy tie above [James Bond Silk Monochrome tie (Navy) TF 123 1TM G] be the one in this picture?

Nope nothing like it, go back further in the thread for better close up of that tie in the movie,
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    kadd wrote:

Nope nothing like it, go back further in the thread for better close up of that tie in the movie,

Thanks. I'm very late to the party it seems!
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    I still think I saw a "4th" tie during the final scene (Bond in Mallory's office). Gotta wait til the blu-ray is out to be sure though.
    I still think I saw a "4th" tie during the final scene (Bond in Mallory's office). Gotta wait til the blu-ray is out to be sure though.

Yes however agree def need Blu Ray for better look,
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 525MI6 Agent
    Just popped into Tom ford at selfridges in London and asked if they had any Tom ford ties from skyfall. Assistant said 8 were provided for the movie and only 3 were used. He showed me 6 of the ones that were provided but to be honest I couldn't recall seeing any of them in the movie! Damn!
    I may have found the 2nd tie (the solid dark blue with the grenadine weave/mini 'stars').

I have to double check, and will let everyone know if it's the right one. (keeping fingers crossed).
    I may have found the 2nd tie (the solid dark blue with the grenadine weave/mini 'stars').

I have to double check, and will let everyone know if it's the right one. (keeping fingers crossed).

Cool stuff, keep us informed!!
    Yeah, I'm not trying to be mysterious or anything; just don't want to get everybody excited in case it's not the actual one.
    DSCF5226.jpg

This is the tie you want, hope you have some luck and get me one too lol
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Likewise, but it's grey, more than blue. The blue one was available. I think DBS has one.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,123MI6 Agent
    I love that tie!
    That's definitely the one I'm after...
    edited January 2013
    Holden wrote:
    Likewise, but it's grey, more than blue. The blue one was available. I think DBS has one.

Not sure if I misinterpreted your post but the pic I posted is THE actual screen worn tie (just to clarify)

Seen a few on eBay in diff colours, was going to spring for the blue one incase the real deal never surfaces but I was too late (was on eBay for ages but it went around 27th Dec)
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    :)) I know. I was referring to Othertravel's original post where he referred to it as dark blue.
    Holden wrote:
    :)) I know. I was referring to Othertravel's original post where he referred to it as dark blue.

Just checking!! :) It's a cool design, when I first saw pics when shooting in London etc from a distance I thought it was a square pattern for this tie. Also wierd the Turkey one - looks so diff in diff colours but same pattern etc

I'm losing hope we will see these to be honest.