Tom Ford Skyfall Ties

Comments

• JBT0077JBT0077 GermanyPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Found these

First pic looks like the ebay tie but second pic looks like poss check or even small circles but could be tricks

What do you think

http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/Movies0/displayimage.php?pid=59533&fullsize=1

http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/Movies0/displayimage.php?pid=59681&fullsize=1
    I See also some other pictures and it's not the eBay tie.
    but it's a nice tie btw
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Wow any more of those ties left? Been looking for these..... Pls can you send me link?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Wow any more of those ties left? Been looking for these..... Pls can you send me link?

They all went very quick
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Damn it how do I miss these!!! I am always checking on ebay..... What did they sell for?
    sunny01 wrote:
    Damn it how do I miss these!!! I am always checking on ebay..... What did they sell for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200901167672?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Not even sure if its correct (check out the links in post 331
    Thanks mate much appreciated. How about the tie in 330..... That's the one I really want.....been hunting hi and low for it.
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Okay, I can say without a doubt that the final scene tie is the same pattern as the Greene party tie except in black. Finally watched the Blu ray on a 56" screen in 1080p and I could finally pause and almost see fibers.

Also interesting to note, I think the last suit might be a charcoal herringbone
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    rebenton wrote:
    Okay, I can say without a doubt that the final scene tie is the same pattern as the Greene party tie except in black. Finally watched the Blu ray on a 56" screen in 1080p and I could finally pause and almost see fibers.

Yes the ties are the same, like

this?

SFG6.jpg

and this?

9837dqds.jpg
    96mn12 wrote:
    rebenton wrote:

this?

SFG6.jpg

and this?

9837dqds.jpg

Hmm that tie has sold on eBay in Black, Grey and Dark brown (all possible I guess)
    yep, have it in black/grey and brown. The brown is a dark gold actually
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Found a pretty close version of one of the other ones. Thoughts?

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

So when you're saying you found a "pretty close" version I assume it's not Tom Ford? Who is the manufacturer?
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

So when you're saying you found a "pretty close" version I assume it's not Tom Ford? Who is the manufacturer?

I think he means that the color is close enough. The pattern is the correct one from Tom Ford.
    96mn12 wrote:
    rebenton wrote:

this?

SFG6.jpg

and this?

9837dqds.jpg

Except the final tie would be black and white/silver
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    edited February 2013
    So did we all just buy the wrong tie?

In one pic, it clearly looks like a horizontal weave. In another, it could have a mini-square weave.

Can somebody post a more definitive HD screen cap(s)?
    jonny-dh wrote:

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

I think he means that the color is close enough. The pattern is the correct one from Tom Ford.

It's Tom Ford. I'm randomly finding the ties (I'm in Canada) and I'm going to try to pick more up this week. If I find multiples, I'll let everybody know.
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent

In one pic, it clearly looks like a horizontal weave. In another, it could have a mini-square weave.

Yeah, I just looked at the ending, and it does look like small squares. I'm not convinced on the color black though.
    Dark brown maybe? It was def white/silver with a very dark color
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    rebenton wrote:
    Dark brown maybe? It was def white/silver with a very dark color

My initial thoughts were a greyish blue ?? Idk though. I have the black version of the Green Party tie, and I just thought that was too dark.
    I thought poss grey

His shirt was blue - correct??
    When I watched the Blu ray yesterday on a 56" screen, it was def a blue shirt. Def charcoal suit (and possibly a herringbone pattern), and def a dark/white diamond pattern tie.

Also, Craig some some deep pores.... In case anyone ever wanted to know that.
    I thought the tie looked like the Greene Party pattern with blue and grey. The shirt looks like a very grey blue. Does anyone have any better screen caps?
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    rebenton wrote:
    When I watched the Blu ray yesterday on a 56" screen, it was def a blue shirt. Def charcoal suit (and possibly a herringbone pattern), and def a dark/white diamond pattern tie.

Also, Craig some some deep pores.... In case anyone ever wanted to know that.

could be his cleanser or moisturizer, someone ask Dave Z.
    I will say this.

I watched the movie 7 times on Imax, I have a 10 ft HD projector at work. I plopped the BD there and the tie is the same pattern as the Green Party, only in dark grey/black.

I have both ties, and waiting for the brown version of it as well, and compared both to the movie. They're the same. There are some angles though where the tie does look like the one posted on the previous page, but thats only an optical effect because of the weave of the tie.

Its the same case as the PTS from QOS, it looks like the regular pattern from the bolivia, but in the only frame where the tie is static enough to be visible (the scene where he leans in the DBS to get the UMP9) the tie does not look like the same pattern as the bolivia, hence why I stopped looking for it. Could it be a combination of the angles of the camera or the color of the tie? Who knows, I dont care.

Truth is, only Tom Ford himself knows, since he designs these for every collection.

Frankly this obsession is unhealthy, reason why I didn't bid the ridiculous 700 dlls on the egay tie. I got what I like, regardless if its shown on the screen or not. It works with my suits and shirts, and that's all I care about. Thats why I buy the colors/patterns that work. I could give a flying fck if its shown on the screen or not. Im not gonna be yelling to the world "hey this is the same tie that Craig wore on screen". Frankly people will think of me "what a loser"
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:

Frankly this obsession is unhealthy, reason why I didn't bid the ridiculous 700 dlls on the egay tie. I got what I like, regardless if its shown on the screen or not. It works with my suits and shirts, and that's all I care about. Thats why I buy the colors/patterns that work. I could give a flying fck if its shown on the screen or not. Im not gonna be yelling to the world "hey this is the same tie that Craig wore on screen". Frankly people will think of me "what a loser"

[/end thread]
    96mn12 wrote:

Will agree with the first part of your statement, but disagree with the 2nd part.

I'm a Bond fan, but not an uber-fan willing to pay $1800 for the Kazan tie.

That being said, I've recently started my Bond-tie collection and its been alot of fun. Most of the fun lies in finding something that you know is rare and associated with the movie. Finding it at knock-down prices or under a pile of other discarded ties just adds to the enjoyment.

The frustration in this thread is linked to TFs unwillingness to market the ties used in the movie. That has led to theories and guesses as to which ties are the correct ones, but no definite answers (Exhibit A: The feeding frenzy for the grey tie on ebay yesterday; turns out it wasn't even the right one).

QOS ties on the other hand were (relatively) plentiful when the movie came out, and we had swatches to compare them to. If we had SF-tie swatches, there wouldn't be so much frustration and false leads.

As a last statement, I think ties are the best bond-related clothing items because they're usually produced in limited quantities (all ties are). The suits and Tetbury's on the other hand are much more readily available.
    I agree!! The hunt is a huge part of the fun!!!!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I agree!! The hunt is a huge part of the fun!!!!

Exactly!
    Well put.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent

Here's a picture of the tie: 2s1q2r9.jpg

It's the same basketweave look as we saw in QoS. The horizontal ribs (a twill weave, since a tie is made on the bias) is only an illusion.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Matt, do you think this tie is black or grey?