Tom Ford Skyfall Ties

Comments

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    DBS was an absolute gent and managed to pick me up one of the blue ties and under normal light it looks very close to the tie above. Absolutely amazing tie. I think they were from last season as I asked at TF in selfridges in London and showed them the picture and they did not recognise it at all.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Congrats! I'm still kicking myself for pondering over the blue one on fleabay!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Congrats! I'm still kicking myself for pondering over the blue one on fleabay!!!!

Was that the really light blue one, I kicked myself I didn't buy that one too lol
    welshboy78 wrote:

Was that the really light blue one, I kicked myself I didn't buy that one too lol

Yup lol
    welshboy78 wrote:
    DSCF5226.jpg

This is the tie you want, hope you have some luck and get me one too lol

This tie design is available on ebay now if its the design you want except its in navy blue with white stars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Tom-Ford-Tie-100-Silk-Geometric-Design-Tie-Blue-Navy-Pattern-Wide-Width-NR-/221181320276?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item337f6f1c54
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Looks different to me
    Yes it's a diff pattern
    Apologies! Thought it was same pattern.
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    edited January 2013
    Are we getting closer?

The colour is closer to a grayish blue.

Tie 1:

IMG_0371_1.jpg

IMG_0373_1.jpg

IMG_0373_1.jpg
    edited January 2013
    Actual colour is navy

Tie 2:

IMG_0375_1.jpg
    Colour is blue, not violet. Sorry for the crappy iphone pics.

Tie 3:

IMG_0376_1.jpg

IMG_0377_1.jpg

IMG_0378_1.jpg
    I think they are a little off but need better pics of first two
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Here's a closer look at the screen-used tie:

IMG_1427-1.jpg

It really is more "loosely-woven", if that makes sense. Not smooth, but hole-y...

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1441-1.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Hope that doesn't muddy the waters too much!

Blair
    mmm looks just slight off to me, not sure if its the lighting. But close. How much and where?
    Thanks for the new pics. The 'stars' actually look like the letter 'H' but with the horizontal line going past the vertical ones.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    No, that's the actual tie from the film - it was up for auction at the Bond sale at Christie's.

Blair

96mn12 wrote:
    mmm looks just slight off to me, not sure if its the lighting. But close. How much and where?
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    possibily the most confusing, thread on Ajb with no sense or results yet. This is like the equivalent of a history channel documentary on aliens but the blog version. I think no more posts till someone has the exact tie, knows where to get it and has a photo of it side by side the original.
    alphaagent wrote:
    possibily the most confusing, thread on Ajb with no sense or results yet. This is like the equivalent of a history channel documentary on aliens but the blog version. I think no more posts till someone has the exact tie, knows where to get it and has a photo of it side by side the original.

Well I don't think there available to be honest, ties with the same patterns are out there but that's about it. Somebody needs to get some info from a TF contact
    What about Mantis, I thought he had inside info at TF, he is always podcasting about it, why doesn't he talk to them and get a straight answer from them? All we need is something like that else we are going go to buy 2 or 3 200pound ties without any of them being the right one!
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    So far we know that the ties haven't been released, and we don't know if they will be. We've found a bow tie in the proper color and pattern of the Istanbul tie, as well as the regular width version of the blue square pattern tie. We also know that all of the ties that have been associated with Skyfall (through Selfridges or elsewhere) actually have nothing to do with Skyfall, but now we know what not to look for. I just went to a Tom Ford boutique today, and the sales associate said that they haven't gotten any new ties in a while, and he expects that they should before long, as they've already gotten in some of the SS13 ready-to-wear. I'd say it's been more productive, albeit a little confusing at times, than most of the other threads we've had here lately which consist of hashing out the measurements of jackets we already know the measurements of, or complaining about customer service.
    proving precisely my point. 10 pages and 291 posts later. I am near tf factories here, know people who work for them in Milan and with a folder full of 30 different photos wouldn't know where to start seeing as the constructive side of the thread is rapidly decreasing. For the record I feel equally the same about the jacket measurements thread but have no idea about the customer service one as I have not read it.
    Actually my point was that we know as much about the ties as we can at this point. The only additional information we could have would be product numbers and which locations have them in stock. Which is impossible at this point, because they don't exist. We'll have to wait and see if they're released as a part of this seasons collection. Otherwise, we'll have to go to TF and see about getting a run of the ties made.
    edited January 2013
    jonny-dh wrote:
    Actually my point was that we know as much about the ties as we can at this point. The only additional information we could have would be product numbers and which locations have them in stock. Which is impossible at this point, because they don't exist. We'll have to wait and see if they're released as a part of this seasons collection. Otherwise, we'll have to go to TF and see about getting a run of the ties made.

Yup this about sums it up perfectly

As far as we know they dont exist at the moment hence no product number to go on. TF staff prob dont know much at this point either, unless somebody has a good contact???

I think the best info we have had was from last year where somebody here mentioned they were told they are coming in 2013 sometime etc however could be wishful thinking.

It could be possible that these were custom one off ties made for Skyfall only
    I agree with the above; it's an extremely frustrating endeavour, and TF doesn't have answers either.

1. I went to TF madison; nothing
    2. Bergdorf; nothing.
    3. Harry Rosen; nothing.

The only one that has been found, as welshboy mentioned, is the 3-tone blue in regular width. We even have the product # for that tie, but TF isn't willing to produce additional ones.

On a side note, I found some bow ties with the 3-tone blue pattern. Don't know if that's a consolation to anybody.
    I am getting to a point where I will say f*ck TF, this super rationing of clothes is ridiculous. Its not like he's making Veyrons for pete's sake...
    I guess at least you know why TF stuff is so expensive as it really is limited edition. I would have less hesitation in buying his stuff now as its a nightmare to trace and once the stuff is gone that's it!
    96mn12 wrote:
    I am getting to a point where I will say f*ck TF, this super rationing of clothes is ridiculous. Its not like he's making Veyrons for pete's sake...

Joab as always mate you are the voice of reason. I'm with you
    alphaagent wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:

Thanks Alec. TF is just being a dick about it because he's the hottest designer right now. How is it that truly established lux marques like Turnbull, Brioni, Crocket Jones etc are reissuing their stuff when there is demand?

Dont get it...

8-)
    96mn12 wrote:
    alphaagent wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:

Thanks Alec. TF is just being a dick about it because he's the hottest designer right now. How is it that truly established lux marques like Turnbull, Brioni, Crocket Jones etc are reissuing their stuff when there is demand?

Dont get it...

8-)

That is because they are tailors and tailors are for men. Not designers (with ego) they are for......
    This forum is dead to me.