Tom Ford Skyfall Ties

Comments

• asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:

Thanks Alec. TF is just being a dick about it because he's the hottest designer right now. How is it that truly established lux marques like Turnbull, Brioni, Crocket Jones etc are reissuing their stuff when there is demand?

Dont get it...

8-)

Did I miss a reissue of an item from Brioni?
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    It is ridiculous. Even the QOS stuff wasn't rationed like this.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    QoS was stock ties, these appear to be custom at the moment.

Tom Ford won't care, too exclusive and not like they need the sales
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    I've been in contact with the TF rep I know and they are supposedly getting a new seasons worth of ties on Feb 8. I will be going that day and will let everyone know if I find anything. I will also be picking up any duplicates I can manage. So far we have nice pictures of the first 3 TF ties, so I know what to be looking for. I also realize this is prob a long shot by now.
    rebenton wrote:
    I've been in contact with the TF rep I know and they are supposedly getting a new seasons worth of ties on Feb 8. I will be going that day and will let everyone know if I find anything. I will also be picking up any duplicates I can manage. So far we have nice pictures of the first 3 TF ties, so I know what to be looking for. I also realize this is prob a long shot by now.

Could be promising!! Let me know if any luck, I would make it worth your while if you find any!!!!
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    rebenton wrote:

What store are you talking to? LV has the "new" stuff (winter 2012/spring 2013) coming on the 17 Feb. The NYC store is pretty much useless...
    96mn12 wrote:
    rebenton wrote:

What store are you talking to? LV has the "new" stuff (winter 2012/spring 2013) coming on the 17 Feb. The NYC store is pretty much useless...

It was the Atlanta Nieman Marcus. Went in, but they had no new ties (same lot as they had back in Jan). I'll be going back later this month.

Also, does anyone have one of the blue/black/grey skyfall ties (normal width) they are willing to sell?
    Went to TF Madison today and unfortunately no Skyfall ties.

But funny enough, C21 has a couple of the ties with the 3-color weave, just no blue. I think that pretty much confirms that the ties were from 1 or 2 seasons ago. The ones at C21 were three shades of brown.
  • shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    At the TF Beverly Hills store today and told by the manager who's a good friend that other than a couple of promotional ties (which were sold awhile ago) the ties were made for the film and won't ever be in the stores. Ford's spring line is all wide ties. Guess we all need to get past this!
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."
    Regular width version of the final tie in Ms office....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190803630026?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    You grab all 3?
    I thought the final tie had a pin dot design?
    Found a pretty close version of one of the other ones. Thoughts?

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg
    I grabbed 2 just in case. That 3rd one went fast. The only pics I've been able to see suggest the horizontal stripe, but as always, I could be wrong

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Looks pretty close to the London tie to me...
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Where did you find these? The blue tie in the background looks interesting too.

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Looks pretty good {[]
    Great Kop rebenton!

Can somebody post an HD screen cap of the last scene? If it really is the one that Rebenton posted, then it should be pretty easy to find. I've seen the horizontal weave alot this year.

And fyi, I bought a 'Bond-branded tie' from TF that was a solid navy with a horizontal weave (3').
    Who wants to buy it? :D
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Who wants to buy it? :D

I'll buy it.
    Who's got a screen cap of the final tie???
    Ps the seller has more in a sep auction
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Ps the seller has more in a sep auction

The same colour, or different ones?
    Same. Same code etc
    edited February 2013
    Can you post the link? Can't find it.

Nevermind; found it! Thanks!

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

What colours was this exactly???
    edited February 2013
    Light blue.

It's the same pattern, but the one in the movie looks more like a grenadine. Really confusing stuff.
    Come on guys, let's get a screen cap up soon. I don't own the blu ray (yet), so somebody needs to step up!
    welshboy78 wrote:

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

What colours was this exactly???

Compared to auction pic:

DSCF5226.jpg
    Found these

First pic looks like the ebay tie but second pic looks like poss check or even small circles but could be tricks

What do you think

http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/Movies0/displayimage.php?pid=59533&fullsize=1

http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/Movies0/displayimage.php?pid=59681&fullsize=1