Tom Ford Skyfall Ties

1101112131416»

Comments

• 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:
    Guys and girls,

Just to let you know I am putting on hold of my order for Skyfall TF ties as Othertravel has managed to secure a production of the ties (http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/42740/skyfall-ties-are-available-to-order-open-this-thread/)

It makes sense to combine efforts into one and othertravel has managed to secure it at a great price!

Zulfi,

why not continue your project/thread/purchase? I know there will be many people on that other list that will not get in. So maybe your efforts will allow those of us who didnt get in, to be able to buy them?
    Matt S wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Thanks for posting that photo, Craig. It's a very nice bow tie, but it's a shame he doesn't wear it so well.

why? That is, why do you say he doesnt wear it well?

In black tie, the bow tie should match the lapels, or at least be very similar. Satin lapels need a satin bow tie, and grosgrain lapels need a bow tie in grosgrain, faille or another texture (like barathea). The grosgrain bow tie is a poor match with the satin lapels. I don't know why this was done. It looks like Bond lost his satin bow tie.

Sort of like Bond running into the entire USSR army and pulling a water pistol going PEW PEW PEWPEW...
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Imagine it prob makes no diff - it will prob be limited by the amount of material left at Tom Ford. Once its run out its run out regardless of how many diff orders etc!!

I guess the smaller the ties (i.e. SA) the more ties can be produced lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:
    006 wrote:
    Guys and girls,

Just to let you know I am putting on hold of my order for Skyfall TF ties as Othertravel has managed to secure a production of the ties (http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/42740/skyfall-ties-are-available-to-order-open-this-thread/)

It makes sense to combine efforts into one and othertravel has managed to secure it at a great price!

Zulfi,

why not continue your project/thread/purchase? I know there will be many people on that other list that will not get in. So maybe your efforts will allow those of us who didnt get in, to be able to buy them?

Hey mate,

I am awaiting upon othertravel's project to see if that will accommodate demand, I am aware that there will be some people who may miss out. What I will do in the New Year is re advertise - hopefully by then we would have the correct design codes and try and make an order. The only downside is that the costs will be higher than othertravel as I will be ordering through a TF outlet and they will be taking a sizeable commission.

Also as Welshie has mentioned it is all about the availability of the fabric.

Will assess the situation and make enquiries in the New Year and see what demand is like.

Hope that helps?
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
    Prob also find (as usual with projects) the odd person does not pay up hence a few spaces :D
    006 wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:
    006 wrote:
    Guys and girls,

Zulfi,

Hey mate,

I am awaiting upon othertravel's project to see if that will accommodate demand, I am aware that there will be some people who may miss out. What I will do in the New Year is re advertise - hopefully by then we would have the correct design codes and try and make an order. The only downside is that the costs will be higher than othertravel as I will be ordering through a TF outlet and they will be taking a sizeable commission.

Also as Welshie has mentioned it is all about the availability of the fabric.

Will assess the situation and make enquiries in the New Year and see what demand is like.

Hope that helps?

It does help, however, I see why there cant be a second order and let TF tell us that the material is exhausted. Why assume it is? Its not like TF ordered fabric only for the handful of ties Temime ordered for the movie. I am sure they have rolls of this stuff.

Just my two cents.
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    This seller sold the 3-tone tie a while back. But I don't think this is the SA version of the Granborough tie. It looks too bright.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Authentic-TOM-FORD-Elegant-100-Silk-Blue-Design-Neck-Tie-TFV02-james-bond-/281246181175?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item417b942737
    Indeed looks too bright however for a test I took a pic of my TF Granborough and the iPhone made it similar lighting wise so you never know with these things (Note don't hold me responsible)

Anyhow if I was you lot who missed out I would jump on these as regardless if its SA or not etc it as close as your prob gonna get!!!
    The seller has just doubled the price from $199 to $399 (he is a member here also)
    I would be wary (I vote no).

I saw those ties at C21 for $80.
    Did anybody here pick up the ties from ebay? Thoughts, impressions?
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    I would be wary (I vote no).

I saw those ties at C21 for $80.

Aren't the TF ties at C21 as wide as lobster bibs?
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Did anybody here pick up the ties from ebay? Thoughts, impressions?

Hey all,

I picked up the tie and got it delivered today - there is a lot to like, it is slightly thicker than some of the TF ties I have, and it has a good shine to it, however like Cheld said it is a wide width tie.

The photos below compare the TF with Magnoli's tie:

DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg

Overall very impressed
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
    Thanks for posting the pic. Looks to be from 2-3 years ago (based on the fact that I saw a few of them at C21).

Are you going to narrow it to SA width?
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    I've put a request in a TF today, to see if there is any chance of getting another re run on the TF ties. As the member of staff said they have had a few request for the them. :)
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Good luck !!!

Count me in for any if you get success !!!

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    I would also be interested in this ajd! You can count me in as well! Also best of luck!
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    AJD,

I would like to purchase the tri-weave if your able to work out another run from TF.
    Edit: wrong thread
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    I had confirmation today, that the fabric for the Skyfall ties is no longer available. :(
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    AJD,

Thanks for your efforts. I guess the only option left for those of us unfortunate to acquire one is to go the route of Magnoli. Hopefully he can make another revision on the tri-weave to better replicate the TF.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Hi all,

I've tried to read through all these, but I'm sure I've missed something for sure. There was discussion about what tie does Bond exactly wear during the M's office scene at the end with the navy small herringbone suit. Some had speculated it was some kind of basket wave pattern, similar to the ties worn in QoS.

Did you ever manage to ID with certainty the correct model or maybe some contacts at TF could clarify that?

Thanks for your help

Mattia

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

It's TF weave, black and grey, similar to Ms office tie... A few on here have it. Craig Ross etc

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Thanks, good to know. Do you have any picture or contact for the people who purchased that? I'd be more than interested to see how the tie is 'in real life'