Tom Ford Skyfall Ties

Comments

• othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    I think it was mentioned before that the 'Skyfall ties' released by Tom Ford are not the ones used in the movie, but a range of ties 'inspired by' the movie. (i.e. 3' ties). I picked up a solid navy with a horizontal weave from the SF line.

As for the ties actually used in the movie, it looks like they are from a previous season and need to be tracked down.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I think it was mentioned before that the 'Skyfall ties' released by Tom Ford are not the ones used in the movie, but a range of ties 'inspired by' the movie. (i.e. 3' ties). I picked up a solid navy with a horizontal weave from the SF line.

As for the ties actually used in the movie, it looks like they are from a previous season and need to be tracked down.

Dont think from previous season, some Tom Ford reps mentioned Spring 2013 release.

The 'inspired' Tom Ford James range may be one of them, believe the end tie is hard to see (when in M's office)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Dont think from previous season, some Tom Ford reps mentioned Spring 2013 release.

I do hope you're right. I would love to get my hands on the blue art gallery tie. I would prob even consider getting an O'Connor in Prince of Whales for that one.
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    rebenton wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

I do hope you're right. I would love to get my hands on the blue art gallery tie. I would prob even consider getting an O'Connor in Prince of Whales for that one.

im assuming the ties will probably be released when the dvd version of skyfall comes out to still market skyfall. maybe... if not, theres still magnoli
    Shocking...
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    That Bolivia tie looks like a close enough to me, but not the exact right color. Should be more bronze tinted.
    Since the we know the style # for the blue skyfall tie, why don't we attempt to do a bulk order. I noticed that TF Manhattan isn't very interested in individual sales for the tie. But if we approach them for a bulk order (say 10+), it might be worth their time and effort. We can also ask if they can do the 3' version as seen in the movie.

Any interest in this? I can go to TF and ask personally if there is enough interest.
    Since the we know the style # for the blue skyfall tie, why don't we attempt to do a bulk order. I noticed that TF Manhattan isn't very interested in individual sales for the tie. But if we approach them for a bulk order (say 10+), it might be worth their time and effort. We can also ask if they can do the 3' version as seen in the movie.

Any interest in this? I can go to TF and ask personally if there is enough interest.

Only prob is we are not 100% sure it is the same tie, it can be quite dark (I own one but still on the fence if it is correct colour wise)

Maybe TF can advise on this and the other Skyfall ties?
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Good luck, TF NY are a bunch of jackass snobs, I get a hell of a lot more help from Vegas than NY. But I'm in for one.
    The SAs don't know much about the ties; they're only familiar with the skyfall 'branded' ties, not the ones used in the movie. That's why it would be up to us to identify the correct make/colour #.

There's one on ebay right now that has the same weave, but different colour (three shades of grey instead of blue). It must be a style from last season which coincided with the filming of the movie.

I'm going to try my luck in NY; let me know if there's interest. Also, can somebody repost the pics of the other skyfall ties?
    The SAs don't know much about the ties; they're only familiar with the skyfall 'branded' ties, not the ones used in the movie. That's why it would be up to us to identify the correct make/colour #.

There's one on ebay right now that has the same weave, but different colour (three shades of grey instead of blue). It must be a style from last season which coincided with the filming of the movie.

I'm going to try my luck in NY; let me know if there's interest. Also, can somebody repost the pics of the other skyfall ties?

PM me your email addy and I will send you some pics
    edited January 2013
    I bought that tie, in grays

EDIT: he keeps claiming its the last one, he has several (at least 4)
    I'm also going to try my luck with the Bolivia tie from QOS. It's a long shot, but maybe a swatch will magically appear for a bulk order.

Will keep you posted.
    96mn12 wrote:
    I bought that tie, in grays

EDIT: he keeps claiming its the last one, he has several (at least 4)

Ha!

Well, he should at least market it as 'the grey version of the skyfall tie'.
    I just sent 4 different swatches to TF, so hopefully they'll have some info soon.

They mentioned filling out a form(!) for large orders.
    I just sent 4 different swatches to TF, so hopefully they'll have some info soon.

NYC? BTW, I hope you have better luck, I sent the swatches from here (TF66B, etc) and said "dont have them in stock"

Lets have the form
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,123MI6 Agent
    Any link to this grey tie? I can't seem to find it...
    96mn12 wrote:

NYC? BTW, I hope you have better luck, I sent the swatches from here (TF66B, etc) and said "dont have them in stock"

Lets have the form

I believe there is no chance of any new stock QoS ties, I think once the material has gone its a case of "that is it" and the material went ages ago

Hopefully we have some luck on the Skyfall ones
    I'm hoping that a bulk order will give the proper incentive to TF to produce a few more.

Assuming 10% commission on a tie, an SA will likely try harder for a purchase order of 20 ties ($4,800=$480 commission) than a single order ($240 = $24 commission).

Heck, if they want a minimum order of 50 ties, we should give it to them.
    I do hope so, but he's a multi-billion dlls company, 20 ties is nothing to them. It'll probably cost them as much to try to look for the fabric. Now if its 100 ties then probably, but these big time labels dont care, like welsh said, once they're gone, thats it.
    Look at the zara shirt thread...

EDIT: they get paid a hell of a lot more than that BTW...
    I think we do have hope with the Skyfall ties, I really don't think they have been released yet. Just hope they were not one off custom jobs for Daniel Craig
    edited January 2013
    Out of curiosity, what's the typical commission at TF?

On a side note, I did purchase one of the skyfall 'branded' 3' ties. It was a solid navy with a horizontal twill.

A little overpriced, but at least it's a staple colour.

For an order of 100 ties, we'll have to cobble about $24k. I'm sure for a commission on a 24k purchase, the SA will be more than happy to find the swatches.
    Out of curiosity, what's the typical commission at TF?

On a side note, I did purchase one of the skyfall 'branded' 3' ties. It was a solid navy with a horizontal twill.

A little overpriced, but at least it's a staple colour.

There is a tie at the end of the film also (cant remember too much about it though)
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,123MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Sadly, that tie doesn't even come close to the "Skyfall" tie seen in the photo. Tom Ford provided all the ties in the film (along with the suits) - that fact has not been disputed. The confirmed TF tie worn with the black pinstriped suit is this one -

DSCF5226.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig

This is the tie I'd really like...
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,333MI6 Agent
    Tom Ford have some of their New Season ties coming out at the end of this week. I'll check them out for us and report back.

MB
    Tom Ford have some of their New Season ties coming out at the end of this week. I'll check them out for us and report back.

MB

Awesome - good luck!

MB

Please do; let's try to coordinate on this.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,333MI6 Agent
    Just keeping everything crossed that TF comes good. May be another false start, but I'm forever the optimist...
    Well look at the bright side. If the blue SF tie is never released again, then those who kopped the ebay versions now own a unique investment piece. You'll be able to sell your used ones for $500 in a few years. :007)
    Well look at the bright side. If the blue SF tie is never released again, then those who kopped the ebay versions now own a unique investment piece. You'll be able to sell your used ones for $500 in a few years. :007)

Pfft

If youre like some of the jackasses on ebay, you'll be asking a grand for a tie, 3K for the barbour

:D