Tom Ford Skyfall Ties

Comments

• toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Has anyone been able to identity the tie in the final scene? The other three Tom Ford ties in the film are, of course, not the ones being sold as Bond ties.

I'm also looking for someone who could identity all the ties for my other thread.
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    We have 3 Tom Ford ties established (no codes as dont seem to be available in narrow width). One COS tie (Shanghai scene) confirmed as a black COS tie by Jany and COS spokeman says there current one is the same as ties not changed from 2011 season
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Hi
    Did anyone pick up the blue tie from the auction and maybe want to part with it
    Ross
    Or have the ties been identified in narrow width
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    edited January 2013
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    I called several TF American boutiques... The ties appearing in the movie are not yet available
  • BuckMcNakedBuckMcNaked Missouri, USAPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    For those of you who have the correct Skyfall width ties, how wide are they?

Nobody had any SA Skyfall yet mate so guess nobody really knows unless Tom Ford has a standard for his regular narrow ties
    welshboy78 wrote:

Nobody had any SA Skyfall yet mate so guess nobody really knows unless Tom Ford has a standard for his regular narrow ties

So even the ties being marketed at Skyfall ties, but not actually in the movie, are still standard width ties?
    welshboy78 wrote:

So even the ties being marketed at Skyfall ties, but not actually in the movie, are still standard width ties?
    welshboy78 wrote:

I think they are standard width but not 100% I looked at them in Harrods last month and sure they are normal width.

PS - they are branded James Bond not Skyfall hence not necessarily marketed as in the film but part of a James Bond collection
  • FRGNAFFAIRSFRGNAFFAIRS Posts: 83MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

welshboy78 wrote:

I think they are standard width but not 100% I looked at them in Harrods last month and sure they are normal width.

PS - they are branded James Bond not Skyfall hence not necessarily marketed as in the film but part of a James Bond collection

I was able to purchase the narrow version in a few of the different ties from this collection at Harrods. They had a better selection than Selfridges. The whole Tom Ford tie situation is still a bit of a mystery to me. I know without a doubt that the tie that is worn in Istanbul is the exact same pattern (different colors), as the one that is worn in London/Scotland. Anyone with the "Filming Skyfall" book can confirm this.
    welshboy78 wrote:

I was able to purchase the narrow version in a few of the different ties from this collection at Harrods. They had a better selection than Selfridges. The whole Tom Ford tie situation is still a bit of a mystery to me. I know without a doubt that the tie that is worn in Istanbul is the exact same pattern (different colors), as the one that is worn in London/Scotland. Anyone with the "Filming Skyfall" book can confirm this.

Could you measure the width of the narrow tie?
  • JamesBondGuyJamesBondGuy DenmarkPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    Tie was for sale here, and it's already sold :D.
    Interested PM'd
    I have the Tom Ford Skyfall tie from the M's office/meeting Q scene for sale.
    It's the wide version that was up on Ebay a few weeks back. I bought a couple myself, and i'm selling one of them. I'm keeping one for myself of course ;).

I paid shipping and import duties when the ties arrived in Denmark, so i'm selling it for 170 GBP. The price includes shipping worldwide.

Sorry for the bad picture, but the colors on the tie are correct :).

37895110151175864204387.jpg

Too bad the import taxes and the conversion rate will kill us in the colonies. Thats about 290 U.S.
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Tie was for sale here, and it's already sold :D.

I hate it when that happens.... X-(
  • JamesBondGuyJamesBondGuy DenmarkPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    edited December 2012
    Delete
    Delete

sold?
    Still looking for one of these
    Ross
    Received mine yesterday, at first I thought it might not be quite SA colour wise, hold it up to the light and it looks more like what we see DC wearing. I'm sure it's correct but it def looks dark blue from a distance which is sort of what Daniels does.

Will dig it back out and compare with THAT pic of DC wearing it at new MI6 headquarters
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    The bow tie looks nothing like the one he wears in Skyfall, from the trailer and other shots it looks much slimmer almost like a batwing bow tie.

The grey looks like a different pattern as well.
    skyfall_daniel_craig_pistol2.jpg
    See, the close up shot shows it to be small squares, almost like a check pattern.

I take it this is not the correct tie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300788741967?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    No, definitely not correct.
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    New Magnoli tie:

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/skyfall-tie-ties-p-508.html

The pattern is way too small in my opinion...
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
    toutbrun wrote:
    New Magnoli tie:

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/skyfall-tie-ties-p-508.html

The pattern is way too small in my opinion...

There is something quite off about it colour wise also (I own the Tom Ford wide version)
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    Pattern looks small and is a little too dark in my opinion. I'll still buy it and make final judgement when I have the actual tie in front of me
    Shocking...
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    Pattern looks small and is a little too dark in my opinion. I'll still buy it and make final judgement when I have the actual tie in front of me

I would say its not dark enough, its a very dark blue but the light squares should be darker in my opinion compared to my Tom Ford one. They reflect and look lighter at certain angles, Magnolis just looks light full stop
    It still gives off that charcoal look which I like. I got a nice grey 2-button suit with a blue pinstripe patter that this Skyfall tie would match perfectly. I'll have to buy it in beginning of 2013 as I'm spent already on bond items lol.discipline 007...discipline. :D
    Shocking...
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    It still gives off that charcoal look which I like. I got a nice grey 2-button suit with a blue pinstripe patter that this Skyfall tie would match perfectly. I'll have to buy it in beginning of 2013 as I'm spent already on bond items lol.discipline 007...discipline. :D

Have we got the right tie lol

I thought this was supposed to be the MI6 after training tie / meet Q, not the tie he wears running thru London

BlueSkyfallTie.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Looks way out in my opinion

BlueSkyfallTie.jpg

extra-image-1285.jpg
    I thought this was supposed to replicate the tie he was wearing while running through London but now I see with the pics you posted that it looks like this tie is when he's meeting Q.
    Shocking...
    Oh that's right! (D'oh!) the tie he wore running through London resembles the PTS tie in the beginning. Like a Grenadine tie
    Shocking...
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    I thought this was supposed to replicate the tie he was wearing while running through London but now I see with the pics you posted that it looks like this tie is when he's meeting Q.

The one through London is the same pattern as the PTS tie (believe it or not, the white on black thing makes it look totally diff but its the same pattern)

Its stars not squares