Db5 Aston Martin replica project 2013

Comments

• QbranchesQbranches Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Don't you prefer this one brad?

noddy_magical_car_270.jpg

No since the one i pictured is based around james bond still if you have not seen Cars 2 which is a spy movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVO6ox9_0s
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I haven't seen Cars 2 because its a kiddy film, I have however seen plenty of trolls in my time....
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    Qbranches wrote:
    In all honesty i would much prefer to have this car since i do 3D modeling and animation
    Can any one see what parts are what ? and what car does it look like i would have to use as a base ?

FinnMcMissile_900.jpg

Best to start with a BMW 507 as a base. These are very cheap to get, so I have heard. :))
    f08cf59ecd.jpg
  • ZundappZundapp Posts: 139MI6 Agent
    Why a db4 and not a db5? Answer: a guy doing a mould for me. And it saves me alot of work.
    As i Said, we will see what direction this will take. So far I'm going for it.
    Keeping the dream alive as long as possible.

Martin
    Here is something i Photoshopped what do you think ?

FINN_zps48dc4d3e.jpg
    Waste of a nice car, better learn how to raise your right
    Eyebrow and drive it as it is. ;)

Martin
    Zundapp wrote:
    Why a db4 and not a db5? Answer: a guy doing a mould for me. And it saves me alot of work.

Martin

Well good for you mate, you got bigger balls than me (probably a bigger garage as well :)) ).

Another nugget of poop/advice; If I were you, decide what you're doing at the start. Either decide you're gonna make a 4, or a 5, or a toy with big gooogly eyes on it.

Getting so far into a DB4 build and then deciding that you actually want a 5 is gonna be a right pain. If you don't manage to blend a new front end on it's gonna look awful, and waste a perfectly good (in theory) bodyshell.

Personally taking a DB4 and shoehorning it into a 5 won't look right, and settling for a 4 but deep down wanting a 5 would always niggle away at me.

If a job's worth doing n all that.... ;)
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    A DB4 looks alot like a DB5 apart from the headlight rear glass and back lights and some over parts but all in all they are very close add gadgets then que the music and drive around The alps
    Qbranches wrote:
    A DB4 looks alot like a DB5 apart from the headlight rear glass and back lights and some over parts but all in all they are very close add gadgets then que the music and drive around The alps

ya know what, most cars have 2 headlights, 4 wheels, and some even come in silver too.

bond's latest wheels?

1564759.jpg

you could fit a hairbrush on the bonnet for a bullet deflector, a tube of toothpaste to the drivers door for some squelchy enemy gooing action, and then you could drive around in your tiny mind while the carer fetches ya pills again....
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Zundapp wrote:

Martin

Well good for you mate, you got bigger balls than me (probably a bigger garage as well :)) ).

Another nugget of poop/advice; If I were you, decide what you're doing at the start. Either decide you're gonna make a 4, or a 5, or a toy with big gooogly eyes on it.

Getting so far into a DB4 build and then deciding that you actually want a 5 is gonna be a right pain. If you don't manage to blend a new front end on it's gonna look awful, and waste a perfectly good (in theory) bodyshell.

Personally taking a DB4 and shoehorning it into a 5 won't look right, and settling for a 4 but deep down wanting a 5 would always niggle away at me.

I have a plan mr minigeff don't you worry.
    When the mould land's in my big garage,i will Cast a bodyshell reshape it to db5
    And if I'm happy with the result I'm going for it.or i will continueing driving my Zundapp
    And feeling happy about it.
    (Have a feeling that iv'e explained this before :# )
    Otherwise i could keep improving my english by doing posts
    Here, telling people how to do things the james bond way.
    Martin. :))
    Zundapp wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Zundapp wrote:

Martin

I have a plan mr minigeff don't you worry.
    When the mould land's in my big garage,i will Cast a bodyshell reshape it to db5
    And if I'm happy with the result I'm going for it.or i will continueing driving my Zundapp
    And feeling happy about it.
    (Have a feeling that iv'e explained this before :# )
    Otherwise i could keep improving my english by doing posts
    Here, telling people how to do things the james bond way.
    Martin. :))

cool stuff, and top marks for the english, you speak better english than some brits on here! :))
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    At least you understand me, as we do almost al the serious
    Conversations here ;)

Martin
    Serious? Moi? Nah! :))
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Did some printing of the plans iv'e got today just for fun.
    And measure it against my 1:18 scale aston to se how Well
    It was scaled, 1-2 mm off is acceptable.
    image.jpg

Martin
    Sh......t ... Sorry for the bad picture.
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    All I can say is WTFIS ?
    Voituer wrote:
    All I can say is WTFIS ?

:s

What The Flip Is.......

Sat?

Sausages?

Sasparillo?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    ah, its pictures of sausages
    Is this the front of the car ?
    Yep it is. Sharp eyes by the way :))
    image.jpg
    The flat surface at the front with the typical
    Aston curve.
    Marrin
    Time to get googles when you not even could spell your own name .

Martin. ( doubble checked ). :))
    http://youtu.be/evFY5IsNbaM
    Check this.

Martin
    Zundapp wrote:
    Check this.

Martin

cheers martin, can you ask those little plastic bastards how they got the wiring to fit under the floorpan, cos I was trying for an hour last night and still couldn't manage it!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Zundapp wrote:
    Check this.

Martin

cheers martin, can you ask those little plastic bastards how they got the wiring to fit under the floorpan, cos I was trying for an hour last night and still couldn't manage it!
    Those plastic a....holes spoke danish so sorry Geff :p
    Here are pics of my latest Reliant Scimitar SE4b. Just picked it up this morning after buying it sight unseen from a guy that rebuilt it 15 years ago and parked it in a barn. He thought it was safe all these years butthe farm he left it on moved it outside 10 years ago! It had a rebuilt chassis, mint interior and a brand new crate Ford 3.0 litre engine and gearbox.

OMG now it looks like kakka doodoo. Real shame, and for me as I had known about this car for years and how good it was only to find it this morning in this sorry state.

I add the pics here as its a bit smaller but I always thought with a bit of imagination and even more fibreglass skills there was the basis of of DB5 pastiche.

This one joins my two others and the sad thing is its still better than one of them :))

Image0321.jpg

Image0322.jpg

Image0323.jpg

Image0324.jpg

Image0325.jpg
    Voituer wrote:
    Here are pics of my latest Reliant Scimitar SE4b. Just picked it up this morning after buying it sight unseen from a guy that rebuilt it 15 years ago and parked it in a barn. He thought it was safe all these years butthe farm he left it on moved it outside 10 years ago! It had a rebuilt chassis, mint interior and a brand new crate Ford 3.0 litre engine and gearbox.

OMG now it looks like kakka doodoo. Real shame, and for me as I had known about this car for years and how good it was only to find it this morning in this sorry state.

I add the pics here as its a bit smaller but I always thought with a bit of imagination and even more fibreglass skills there was the basis of of DB5 pastiche.

This one joins my two others and the sad thing is its still better than one of them :))

Image0321.jpg

Image0322.jpg

Image0323.jpg

Image0324.jpg

Image0325.jpg
    I belive it was this kind of car mr rogers used as donor at first.

Martin .
    Reliant scimitar into a DB5?

This is a joke right? Right? Right?!!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:

the dimensions are similar ratio with it being a bit narrower and thinner. My real DB5 front end fits on quite well, rework the roof, boot and side windows and you could get a passable resemblance - one eye closed and the other squinting of course!
    Voituer wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

the dimensions are similar ratio with it being a bit narrower and thinner. My real DB5 front end fits on quite well, rework the roof, boot and side windows and you could get a passable resemblance - one eye closed and the other squinting of course!
    Any chance of some pics of ur db5 front end on the schimiter
    If I made a db5 front end with fake front wheels, do you think I could convert this into a shooting brake version of bonds car?
    reliant-regal-supervan-e3-sludgegulper132-l.jpg
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org