Db5 Aston Martin replica project 2013

Comments

• ZundappZundapp Posts: 139MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    The aston battery switch is £63.60 while the one from holden classic car parts is
    42.50 there is money to save.just alot of work finding those lookalike parts.

Martin
  • bondfanbondfan Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    I have a somehwat related question...LoL

I have one of those Pepsi Aston Martin Vanquish peddle cars....it really doesn't look to good BUT it has potential as a neat project. My idea was to utilize the existing body and to layer in fiberglass or carbon fiber and harden it as the shape of the car. I remember being on one of the Harry Potters films at leavesden and seeing one of the workshop crews doing something similar with a large spool of fabric and industrial glue (?)...cut and sand and glue from there....

Thoughts?
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    for a display years ago we added a roof and remote controlled the pedal car, it ran really well, it got a really great turn of speed and we had to wrap the tyres in rubber as it just understeered like hell. I like the 7up Aston pedal car and there is a lot of potential there

I am not too clear on your posting are you looking to add to it or take a mould off it?
  • QbranchesQbranches Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    Can any one tell me the wheel base of a reliant schimiter and the track ?
    Qbranches wrote:
    Can any one tell me the wheel base of a reliant schimiter and the track ?
    http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=46233

Martin
    Thanks Martin
    thats an SE5, try searching for an SE6 as its a wider car.

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=46266
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    0D9F07E6-1199-427A-9DFC-AD9F8A32E7AA-15973-000021DE93CB5927_zps4c18dc25.jpg

He spent £17,760 on that?!

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    He spent £17,760 on that?!

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

for 3k less he could have had the Mazda - Amazdan Martin
    Zundapp wrote:
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    The aston battery switch is £63.60 while the one from holden classic car parts is

Martin

I think they are the same part, Aston Martin did not make switches
    If ya not careful, ya db5 replicar might end up like this; :))

4837014E-6C9D-40C2-8220-A161C2427063-16209-000021F067366FFE_zpsba6e5bfd.jpg
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Voituer wrote:
    Zundapp wrote:
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Martin

I think they are the same part, Aston Martin did not make switches
    Yes they are the same. The thing was, there i original parts to find in other places
    You just have to find them. I'm aiming for a list with those parts from different suppliers.
    Maby we could help each other.

Martin
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Voituer wrote:

Why !!!!!! that was a perfectley nice car before the plastic bits
    but each to his own ,what ever makes you happy
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Tell the children to start saving,it's here.
    image.jpg

Martin
    Zundapp wrote:
    image.jpg

Martin

whats here ? is this a kit car
    Qbranches wrote:
    Zundapp wrote:
    image.jpg

Martin

No a kid car :))

Martin
    Zundapp wrote:
    Qbranches wrote:
    Zundapp wrote:
    image.jpg

Martin

Martin
    Damn thats cool i remember a boxer near where i live called frank bruno sold his sons
    Aston built kids car
    Qbranches wrote:
    Zundapp wrote:
    Qbranches wrote:

Martin
    Damn thats cool i remember a boxer near where i live called frank bruno sold his sons
    Aston built kids car

You wouldn't be the infamous 'Arry would you?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • droiddroid Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi all ,I am new here.
    My brother has just asked me to build him a James bond DB5 replica. I do build cars, make my own bucks and beat alloy into submission etc.
    In theory I could build one but it would be hard to start from zero. I build mostly maserati's and am just getting into building pre war racers. I read in this thread that some fine chap is building a buck. I am wondering if there are cad drawings for this buck and if so any way I could purchase the files, even have a second buck made. If the buck has been used, perhaps it would be for sale?
    I have good contacts for making trim and custom glass etc so if this project does come off I could possible offer those parts to other builders.

I will post a few pictures of the cars I am working on now, all be it nothing what so ever to do with Bond.
    Welcome droid.
    Looking forward too see those pictures.
    Do you mean building in aluminum?.

Martin
  • NigeleyreNigeleyre Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    delfloria wrote:
    I also heard from a source that talked directly to the owner of EMC who said the DB-5 is up next and that it will only be sold to owners of the Spycar. Yes, an odd bit of marketing but it seems they only intend to make 200 and figure they will be sold out almost immediately.

Having owned a DB-5 in the past I would much rather have one of these modern tech reproductions for daily driving. To put it bluntly my DB-5 was a pain in the $%&.

DB4_GT2.jpg

Aston_martin_DB4_GT_Wheelbase_page_1.jpg

I have just found this thread and subscribed. I too am planning a recreation but of a DB4 GT see photo, to me its the purest of all the DB's not to say also the most expensive at circa £1 million. I too also owned a DB5, bought it in 1984 when no one wanted them for £3,500! And agree they are beautiful but not that great and at the time it was only 20 years old. Certainly wouldn't pay the money asked for any DB today and feel that it could be very much improved as an everyday car.

There are two routes to go, firstly using a Jaguar donor car or secondly using a Porsche 944 as the donor. For the DB4 GT (5 inch shorter wheelbase than a DB4 or DB5) the 944 is within an inch on both wheelbase and track, see pdf which has them both scaled with the wheel centres lined up. It also has a 5 speed transaxle and near perfect 50/50 weight distribution which will help as it would need to have a heavy XK engine to replace its 4 pot which as you can see from the lined up pics could be further back in the chassis but would still probably loose the 50/50 although would be better than the original DB4 GT. Would keep most of the underframe although the scuttle would have to be moved back and the windscreen roof etc would all be entirely different.

In a former life I was a panel maker so will be making this the traditional way in wheeled aluminium. The 944 would supply most of the unseen parts and glass, lights etc are all available.

This is a serious project so if anyone else who is serious wants to contact me I'd love to hear.
  • NigeleyreNigeleyre Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    droid wrote:
    Hi all ,I am new here.
    My brother has just asked me to build him a James bond DB5 replica. I do build cars, make my own bucks and beat alloy into submission etc.
    In theory I could build one but it would be hard to start from zero. I build mostly maserati's and am just getting into building pre war racers. I read in this thread that some fine chap is building a buck. I am wondering if there are cad drawings for this buck and if so any way I could purchase the files, even have a second buck made. If the buck has been used, perhaps it would be for sale?
    I have good contacts for making trim and custom glass etc so if this project does come off I could possible offer those parts to other builders.

I will post a few pictures of the cars I am working on now, all be it nothing what so ever to do with Bond.

I'm planning an aluminium DB4 GT see my post today.
    Hi guys i have sorted out a DB5 kit car which will be around £5000 for the shell i am still sorting out the shell getting made by a kit car manufacturing company in Thailand

When i get more details i will post them here

All the best

Q
    Can't wait to see that.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Can't wait to see that.
    Mean either its taken alot of work to find a company who will do it but
    it seems like a go ahead
    who wants to make this investment since i do not currently have the cash to do so

Heres what i have from the company

Yes,youre right,we can build any car,whatever customers like,also of course the fiberglass body for the Aston Martin DB5.
    We have to make the 1:1 scale first,then the Moold and after that the fiberglass body and i will cost about 17.000 US Dollar and takes about 3 months to build.The second fiberglass body would cost you just 7.000 US Dollar in the future,if you want to do business with the Aston Martin.
    My friend and Partner,who is making the Molds and fiberglass bodies,has done this in Europe for more than 10 years.
    Right now were making a scale for a Concept Car for a Japanese Customer.
    You can follow us on facebook: replicacarsthailand
    If you have further questions just send us a Mail.
    Best Regards from Thailand
    Qbranches wrote:
    who wants to make this investment since i do not currently have the cash to do so

Yes,youre right,we can build any car,whatever customers like,also of course the fiberglass body for the Aston Martin DB5.
    We have to make the 1:1 scale first,then the Moold and after that the fiberglass body and i will cost about 17.000 US Dollar and takes about 3 months to build.The second fiberglass body would cost you just 7.000 US Dollar in the future,if you want to do business with the Aston Martin.
    My friend and Partner,who is making the Molds and fiberglass bodies,has done this in Europe for more than 10 years.
    Interesting.

Martin
    Zundapp wrote:
    Qbranches wrote:

Interesting

Martin

yea it is but the funding side is pritty expensive but there are a good side since they can do any car
    but 17 grand is alot
    I'm not shure if i would do it, what if measurments is wrong etc.
    I think i'll stick to my contact even if it's a fre years away. There I'm
    To see the object before paying any money .and he is also interested in a good result.
    Building the car for himself in the first place.and then making a mould for me.
    But good work to you q, hunting this guy down.

Martin