Things I do / do NOT want in Bond 24

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    A Learjet landing on a aircraft carrier (I don't know if it's possible, but if it is the scene would be a knockout!)
    edited March 2014
    Bond finds a hair on a crime scene and delivers it to Q. Q analyse it for DNA and prints out a head of a beautiful woman on a 3D printer.... it's posible:

dna-3.jpg

"Another innovative approach portrait – the art-identikit of the 21st century – was invented by Brooklyn-based artist Heather Dewey-Hagborg who adjusted DNA-analysis and 3D-printing technique; and deserves to be an original art form in new media arts arsenal. She started collecting hairs, cigarettes, chewing gums left around the city and learned how to test the strangers’ DNA. Unlike Picasso’s or Braque’s cubism paintings, her masks of unfamiliar persons are also fractured but from the phenotyping perspective. Those reveal such fragments of information as sex, eye color, ethnicity of the individual but not precise facial features because the technique is still new. Similarly to cubist paintings, Dewey-Hagborg’s artifacts strive to investigate multiple perspectives on an object – but from the moral and ethical viewpoint, first of all. The author of “Stranger Visions” project called attention to the potential for a culture of genetic surveillance much earlier than the Ukrainian Department of Interior had announced the initiative of creating a national DNA database in a bid to help track and fight crime in the country."

This would be a modern version of the "identigraph" in FYEO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSBGloXzzxw
    Number24 wrote:
    A Learjet landing on a aircraft carrier (I don't know if it's possible, but if it is the scene would be a knockout!)

Maybe if the Learjet was equiped with a tailhook?

Sidebar: The Norwegian version of the F16 fighter jet is equiped with a parashute in the tail that can be deployed when landing on short landing strips.
  • kincadekincade Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    No Benedict Cumberbatch, please. He is a really dreadful actor.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    kincade wrote:
    I disagree. He may have not been the best Khan, but all of his other roles I have quite enjoyed. He'd be a marvellous Bond villain IMO.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    kincade wrote:

You Sir are NO, Cumberbitch. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • deliciousdelicious SydneyPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    The "breaking the internet" idea gave me an idea - the villain is the owner of an evil Google-like search engine which has the ability to collect secret information such as account numbers, passwords and so on. Everyone is buying it for their computers and its everywhere taking control of the whole of cyberspace. Bond has to act off the grid as any use of computers/mobile phones etc is monitored by the evil search engine. The search engine is being used for hire by dictators to profile their political enemies Big-Brother style as well manipulate mass media and the stock market. I would call the evil search engine "Know". The film title could be Know Your Enemy.
    That's actually pretty effin' cool!!!! -{ -{
    I had a simmular idea months back, but only for cell phones. Also, your idea for the name of the search engine and the movie's title is very good. Good thinking, Delicious!
    "Why don't we steal.a couple of atomic bombs and ransom them ? , it almost worled before !" :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Someone eats Bonds Lunch, and he has to find out the Perpetrator is.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    delicious wrote:
    The "breaking the internet" idea gave me an idea - the villain is the owner of an evil Google-like search engine which has the ability to collect secret information such as account numbers, passwords and so on. Everyone is buying it for their computers and its everywhere taking control of the whole of cyberspace. Bond has to act off the grid as any use of computers/mobile phones etc is monitored by the evil search engine. The search engine is being used for hire by dictators to profile their political enemies Big-Brother style as well manipulate mass media and the stock market. I would call the evil search engine "Know". The film title could be Know Your Enemy.

Great idea. Good title too. -{
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
    I always liked the idea of a " Genetic bomb/virus " which could
    destroy a race of people the villain doesn't like.
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    A villain using the internet to gather secrets to control people is a great idea. -{
    What makes you think this is my first time?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Mr Mallory wrote:
    A villain using the internet to gather secrets to control people is a great idea. -{

It's a wee bit like the plot of Batman Forever though isn't it? :#
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I always liked the idea of a " Genetic bomb/virus " which could
    destroy a race of people the villain doesn't like.

Have you ever heard of a film called "Three The Hard Way", a 70s movie starring Jim Brown, Fred Williamson and Jim Kelly? The plot features a racist group planning to introduce a virus into the water supply of major cities that would be fatal only to African-Americans. Your idea reminds me of that flick.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Have you ever heard of a film called "Three The Hard Way"
    Oh man, that's THE classic of that era for me. B-) Haven't seen it in a while though, that needs to be remedied.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Have you ever heard of a film called "Three The Hard Way"
    Oh man, that's THE classic of that era for me. B-) Haven't seen it in a while though, that needs to be remedied.

Classic indeed! Three Blaxploitation movie icons at their best! -{
    Sorry BL, I've never seen it. It's just watching the news reports on the Ukraine. There's a lot of talk
    about "True Russians " and other " ethnics " . Got me thinking that some right wing nut job could
    try and wipeout his opposition by scientific Genocide. I'll have to keep an eye out for that film. -{
    I've seen plenty of Jim Kelly movies.
    I think it's Jim (& Fred & Jim's) best movie (ETD doesn't count- that was Lee's movie).
    "Gonna set ME up?!?!?!"
    chrisisall wrote:
    I think it's Jim (& Fred & Jim's) best movie (ETD doesn't count- that was Lee's movie).
    "gonna set ME up?!?!?!"

I agree it's the best for that trio and a must-see for fans of the genre.
    :)) Good news, I've just found " Three, the hard way " ( full movie ) on you tube. -{
    So this had better be good BL as I'm going to invest an hour and a half of my viewing time. :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Jim Brown was excellent in Ice Station Zebra (Patrick McGoohan's best film role of the 60s too) and I loved JK in Enter The Dragon so will also give it a shot, BL... -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    :)) Good news, I've just found " Three, the hard way " ( full movie ) on you tube. -{
    So this had better be good BL as I'm going to invest an hour and a half of my viewing time. :))

Uh oh! Well chrisisall has my back on this one! :))

But back on topic, I do think your suggestion about a "genetic bomb/virus" has the potential to be an interesting plot device for a Bond film. The stakes would certainly be high and worthy of the attention of MI6.
    I just ordered this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-FILM-FAVORITES-URBAN-ACTION-NEW-/221171075552?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item337ed2c9e0
    Been too long, and I'm not gonna watch it on Youtube. :007)
    Plus it has Black Belt Jones!
    This will probably sound a bit daft but here goes, ........
    I always thought it could be a fun idea to mix the concept of a computer virus
    And subliminal messaging, to get a populace of a country or the world to vote
    For a certain candidate, or to brain wash people to believe what ever an evil
    Organization wanted.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I just ordered this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-FILM-FAVORITES-URBAN-ACTION-NEW-/221171075552?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item337ed2c9e0
    Been too long, and I'm not gonna watch it on Youtube. :007)
    Plus it has Black Belt Jones!

I have that same set! Nice find! :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,408Chief of Staff
    Jim Brown was excellent in Ice Station Zebra (Patrick McGoohan's best film role of the 60s too)

Haven't seen that one in years, must look it out again. Agree McGoohan is superb in that!
    Barbel wrote:
    Jim Brown was excellent in Ice Station Zebra (Patrick McGoohan's best film role of the 60s too)

Haven't seen that one in years, must look it out again. Agree McGoohan is superb in that!
    That's another one I need to revisit soon.
    Howard Hughes really liked it too.
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    Hughes was also a big Bond fan.
    What makes you think this is my first time?