Gunbarrel sequence...

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    I think it should be in the middle for the next one and keep moving it to different parts of each new film so to keep people guessing and have Idris Alba do all the gun barrel scenes from now on :))

good idea, just before the interval so we know it is time to refill the pop corn :D
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Just move it back to the start, where it belongs. Can we all just agree on that?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Somehow I can't see agreement breaking out anytime soon. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    :)) Somehow I can't see agreement breaking out anytime soon. :D

Looks like we're back under starter's orders ... & we're off again!! :D
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I think they should do a new gunbarrel and shoot it (pun intended) from Bond's Ppk's perspective...
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I think they should do away with the gunbarrel altogether! That way there would be no argument about where it appears! :)) (Don't shoot me, I'm kidding - but seriously, this discussion seems interminable!)
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    I'd like to see it at the beginning again, because I really miss the gunbarrel opening from the white dot to the first movie scene. Not possible at the end. That white dot opening was the door to the Bond world.

Plus, I've been watching Bond movies for over 20 years, but EON should think of the new generations. I remember the first time I watched a Bond movie, and just the walking dots and the music put me in the mood. They are selling their product to new audiences, and the trademark should be as visible as possible.
  • Richard--WRichard--W USAPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    edited August 2014
    Virgil37 wrote:
    I'd like to see it at the beginning again, because I really miss the gunbarrel opening from the white dot to the first movie scene. Not possible at the end. That white dot opening was the door to the Bond world.

Plus, I've been watching Bond movies for over 20 years, but EON should think of the new generations. I remember the first time I watched a Bond movie, and just the walking dots and the music put me in the mood. They are selling their product to new audiences, and the trademark should be as visible as possible.

Well said.

I used to feel exactly the same, but now I realize the gunbarrel sequence would be out of place in these new films. It's like a stamp of authenticity, and try as hard as I might, I can't accept these new films as real Bond adventures. Better to save the gunbarrel sequence for when the films get back on track.
    The top 7 Bond films: 1) Dr No. 2) From Russia With Love. 3) Thunderball. 4) On Her Majesty's Secret Service. 5) For Your Eyes Only. 6) The Living Daylights. 7) Licence to Kill.
    Richard--W wrote:
    I can't accept these new films as real Bond adventures. Better to save the gunbarrel sequence for when the films get back on track.

Care to elaborate?? Or am I simply opening a can of worms here by asking?

I'm intrigued as CR is No. 1 on my Bond list ...
    Here we go again! :s
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Noticed that ENS007 has 666 Posts, maybe that is a Sign of things to come?

:))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    Ens007 wrote:
    Richard--W wrote:
    I can't accept these new films as real Bond adventures. Better to save the gunbarrel sequence for when the films get back on track.

Care to elaborate?? Or am I simply opening a can of worms here by asking?

I'm intrigued as CR is No. 1 on my Bond list ...

Seriously, I wouldn't...you'll just get a load of drivel that makes no sense at all...which is a shame as he's quite clearly not that stupid...just looks for arguments...
    YNWA 97
    Noticed that ENS007 has 666 Posts, maybe that is a Sign of things to come?

:))

Oh yes!! X-( :D :))

Sorry guys for asking my question of Richard--W ... I've been away from the boards for a while, however after going through a few earlier posts I can now see the folly of my actions!!
    Ens007, CR is your #1 ( it's my #2) so I don't think we're too far apart. I thought
    What they did with the gun barrel in CR was very inventive -{
    Ens007, CR is your #1 ( it's my #2) so I don't think we're too far apart. I thought
    What they did with the gun barrel in CR was very inventive -{

Fully agree with you TP - I'd also add that I thought it was in the right place in SF too ... however that's probably a minority view on here ;) .

The gun barrel is certainly an iconic element of the Bond 'series', however I can't see the need to be fixed in it's positioning within the movie. If it makes a sense within the context of the story & movie to put it at the start, middle or end, then that's good with me! Each to their own views of course ....
    With SF being a bit of a "tweek" to the re-boot. :)) I can understand having
    The gun barrel at the end to show Bond is now refreshed and revived, eager
    To get back to work. I think it's a statement of intent :D Bond Is Back ! {[]
    With SF being a bit of a "tweek" to the re-boot. :)) I can understand having
    The gun barrel at the end to show Bond is now refreshed and revived, eager
    To get back to work. I think it's a statement of intent :D Bond Is Back ! {[]

My feelings entirely! {[]
    Just a warning Ens007, if you agree with any of my theories
    People may question your Sanity ! :)) but I do think it will be
    Back at the start of Bond 24 ( I predict, much cheering in cinemas {[] )
    Although if for some artistic reason the director feels it shouldn't
    Be used, I'm OK with that. I'd rather they spent their time, working on a
    Good script, cinematography etc . {[]
    Not so sure about the cheering, but I certainly concur with the script / cinematography point!

As for my sanity ... that left me many years ago!! :))
    Ah! Perfect AJB material {[]
    After watching TDKR, the whole audience started clapping -{ I
    Love to see that happen at a Bond screening! Or when the
    Gun barrel appears. {[]
    Just a warning Ens007, if you agree with any of my theories
    People may question your Sanity ! :)) but I do think it will be
    Back at the start of Bond 24 ( I predict, much cheering in cinemas {[] )
    Although if for some artistic reason the director feels it shouldn't
    Be used, I'm OK with that. I'd rather they spent their time, working on a
    Good script, cinematography etc . {[]

Question my sanity if you want, but once again I agree with you! :))
    TP is like the Joker, AJB deserves a better Class of Poster :))
    Is that about me wearing too much make up again ? :))
    Want to know how I got these Scars? :))
    See, I’m not a monster…I’m just ahead of the curve. :))
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Back at the start.
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    You know what? I changed my mind. The gunbarrell should be at the end. It's almost a Craig trademark already. It would feel weird at the beginning :o
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I'm in the crowd that wants it at the beginning again. It's time they put it back where it belongs
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Keep it at the end. It's like a full stop to the film.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
This discussion has been closed.