Gunbarrel sequence...

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    My first post in this topic. For some reason I have a gut feeling they are going to put the GB sequence at the beginning of the film - either out of nostalgia or just to surprise audiences with the traditional "here comes Bond" opening in order to let them know they are in for an experience different from the other three Craig films, or both.

I suspect you're right, and if you are I hope they keep the gunbarrel sequence at the beginning from then on. Just so we won't have to go through all of the unnecessary (in my humble opinion) handwringing again! :#
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    This is a thread for discussing the gunbarrel sequence... its placement and anything else pertaining to it.

Those who are telling people to "get a grip" or growing bored of it, need simply avoid it. The thread title kind of gives away the content.

Oh, and for those who missed it, I'd like the sequence back at the start for SPECTRE.

Cheers.
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    The gunbarrel sequence being at the start or the end of the film won't affect my enjoyment of it. I didn't like QoS but that nothing to do with the gunbarrel and the same goes for me liking Skyfall.

However, saying that, I can't think of any valid reason for it being better that the sequence is at the end. It doesn't make any difference so they might as well just stick it at the start again.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
    Kent007 wrote:
    The gunbarrel sequence being at the start or the end of the film won't affect my enjoyment of it. I didn't like QoS but that nothing to do with the gunbarrel and the same goes for me liking Skyfall.

However, saying that, I can't think of any valid reason for it being better that the sequence is at the end. It doesn't make any difference so they might as well just stick it at the start again.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff
    Fitzochris wrote:
    This is a thread for discussing the gunbarrel sequence... its placement and anything else pertaining to it.

Those who are telling people to "get a grip" or growing bored of it, need simply avoid it. The thread title kind of gives away the content.

Can't believe we have eight pages of this 'content' :#
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:

Can't believe we have eight pages of this 'content' :#

I think if you took the advice of the post you quoted, you might feel better.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    There's no need to argue about this :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    There's no need to argue about this :#

I know. Hence my post.
    Fitzochris wrote:

If only I had that choice :#

No arguments from me...just amazed that this 'subject' is still going after eight pages with no real advancement in the last seven....
    YNWA 97
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:

No arguments from me...just amazed that this 'subject' is still going after eight pages with no real advancement in the last seven....

I will attempt to advance it then. Does anyone want to see the return of the CGI bullet from DAD? Or do we all agree that was awful?

Where can this thread really go?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:

I will attempt to advance it then. Does anyone want to see the return of the CGI bullet from DAD? Or do we all agree that was awful?

Where can this thread really go?

It's people posting their hopes/wishes for Spectre, which is the same thing we had for Skyfall and possibly QoS (I wasn't a member at that point), but Matt, you're right. There's really nothing else to say, other than the fact that Bond is finally "back" and there should be no reason to have the sequence at any other point in the film.

Mendes said he opened Skyfall without it because he didn't like the way the barrel would've opened to the hallway shot of Bond, so I think logically it will be placed at the beginning of the film.

And as far as CGI goes.... I think there are bigger fish to fry ;)
    "Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:

I share your amazement.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Saunders009Saunders009 Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    From what I have read on this and other forum topics there are different types of Bond fans with different expectations, preferences and the like who genuinely feel differently from each other on certain points. I guess that means we are all human and that's ok. Diversity is the spice of life. I think it's rather silly for some people to get their knickers all in a bunch. Especially if they cannot understand why people feel strongly about a particular subject that means little to them. It's just a thread about some pointless movies that make us feel good folks! Let's just live and let live...

That said, I would like to see the GB at the beginning again. That doesn't make me a wacko communist. But I completely respect those who don't feel like me.

Something felt off for me when watching QoS and SF without the GB. That's all... I get why they did it the way they did... but now I think it's time to place it at the start again.
    From what I have read on this and other forum topics there are different types of Bond fans with different expectations, preferences and the like who genuinely feel differently from each other on certain points. I guess that means we are all human and that's ok. Diversity is the spice of life. I think it's rather silly for some people to get their knickers all in a bunch. Especially if they cannot understand why people feel strongly about a particular subject that means little to them. It's just a thread about some pointless movies that make us feel good folks! Let's just live and let live...

That said, I would like to see the GB at the beginning again. That doesn't make me a wacko communist. But I completely respect those who don't feel like me.

Something felt off for me when watching QoS and SF without the GB. That's all... I get why they did it the way they did... but now I think it's time to place it at the start again.

No problem with that...but this is only one in along line of threads all about where the gunbarrel should/could be...you'd think one topic would be enough...apparently not...but they say absolutely nothing new over a myriad of pages over several identical topics...
    YNWA 97
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    I think DC should wear a trilby during the gun barrel scene as a homage to the early movies :)) :))
    It's something new on the subject Sir Miles -{
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I don't care...... still.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I agree with Cheryl,
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-vjsKxym2X4
    ( clean version ) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    superdaddy wrote:

I think this was mentioned on one of the previous incarnations of this thread...possibly just after Skyfall...
    YNWA 97
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Is this the "There's no news about Spectre today, so let's argue about the gun barrel" thread?
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    I think DC should wear a trilby during the gun barrel scene as a homage to the early movies :)) :))

That would be much cooler than the CGI bullet. Black and white and trilby, with the original DN gunbarrel soundtrack, then into the Bond theme and end credits. Would have worked for SF 50th anniversary. :007)
    Sir Miles wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:

I think this was mentioned on one of the previous incarnations of this thread...possibly just after Skyfall...
    really, is there not anything that's not been discussed on this subject.
    superdaddy wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:

really, is there not anything that's not been discussed on this subject.

I tend to think this subject has been done to death.... :#
    YNWA 97
    Happy days. Someone "in the know" has confirmed the gunbarrel sequence has been reshot and will be at THE BEGINNING of SPECTRE.

:D :D :D :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That's good news. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    If true, yes.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Brilliant :)) {[]
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,144MI6 Agent
    If correct, this is very good news :)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Fitzochris wrote:
    Happy days. Someone "in the know" has confirmed the gunbarrel sequence has been reshot and will be at THE BEGINNING of SPECTRE.

:D :D :D :D

They still have time to change their mind like they did with Skyfall.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    you need to research the definition of 'confirmed' if you are using it for ''someone'. also, there are much mroe important things to worry about than the freakin gunbarrel
This discussion has been closed.