Gunbarrel sequence...

1234568»

Comments

• ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    It just depends. i just think the barrel at the end allows for much more cinematic openings like we got in Skyfall. it didn't work in quantum as well, but that's just because the ending of quantum was bittersweet, and then the gunbarrel comes along and ruins that. Ultimately i would rather have the gunbarrel theme and music play as i was leaving the theatre, to make me feel like a badass, then to start off with it.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    It just depends. i just think the barrel at the end allows for much more cinematic openings like we got in Skyfall. it didn't work in quantum as well, but that's just because the ending of quantum was bittersweet, and then the gunbarrel comes along and ruins that. Ultimately i would rather have the gunbarrel theme and music play as i was leaving the theatre, to make me feel like a badass, then to start off with it.

The QoS opening would have been perfect for the gun barrel. I agree that it didn't work well at the end. And I think the gun barrel would have given a much more powerful opening to Skyfall than Craig similarly walking down a hall. It's like they tried to open with the gun barrel without actually doing it, and it gave me a bad feeling at the start of the film. I think the gun barrel gets lost at the end, especially when people start walking out during it. I think people should never leave before the film is over, and by that I mean people should sit through the credits. All of Daniel Craig's films loose points for me because they don't start with the gun barrel. It's such a unique thing that the Bond films did, and it helps get me into watching the movie. Imagine if they didn't start the new Star Wars film with the theme and crawl. Powerful imagery at the beginning of a film is something I think more films could benefit from.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    you need to research the definition of 'confirmed' if you are using it for ''someone'. also, there are much mroe important things to worry about than the freakin gunbarrel

Go look up the definition of 'dangle' and then go do it.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    definition - hang or swing loosely

response: WTF?!! oO
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent

Go do it. Preferably more than thirty feet off the ground.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    Fitzochris wrote:

Go do it. Preferably more than thirty feet off the ground.

Really ? 8-)

Ok...gunbarrel is at the beginning...thread closed...
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.