The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) I've just watched OHMSS to get my Bond Christmas started ......And although not Bond ..... Die Hard
    The most christmissy of all action thrillers, will be going on at some point. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    Hi! One cold Coke Zero, please. The boring weather will end soon. The strong storm Urd will come tonight. Urd is one of the godeses desiding the fate of humans in norse religion. That sounds promising ......
    I've been told ( pushing a coke zero across .. ) that snow storms are very much like sex !
    In that ......
    ..... You don't know how long they'll last or how many inches you're gonna get ;) .....
    ...( Of snow that is. )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    And it's safest to stay indors until it's over .....? :))
    But I'm in Bergen this Christmas, so it won't be a snow storm.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,379Chief of Staff
    (Wanders into S&BS, post-gig and hungry)

Hey, landlord! TB2! Got any food worth eating?
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Good Grief Barbel, you get earlier and earlier!

Here, Capt Janeway CJ coffee, and a full Scottish - same as a full English but also includes a bowl of porridge.
    The sausages may taste a bit odd - Turkey bangers. Side effect of Christmas. Oh and eat it discretely. I'm afraid Holly is quite fond of them too.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Oh, I keep unusual hours!

Delicious, thanks, turkey bangers are just fine- the full Scottish normally includes square sausage but that's a nice change.
    Hi! Take a wild guess what I'm ordering :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

A Coke Zero?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Tonight, relaxing with a few "Black Russians" , just completed my penultimate wedding shoot.
    So setting down with a curry and a few drinkies ;) although did witness a funny event in my
    Local Chinese carry out tonight, when the owner ( a Chinese Gentleman ) and a Customer ( a
    Latvian Gentleman ) were having a good natured argument over an order, both pointing out
    That the other didn't have good enough English to know what each other wanted ! :))
    Number24 wrote:

A Coke Zero?

You must be psycic :D
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Tonight, relaxing with a few "Black Russians" , just completed my penultimate wedding shoot.
    So setting down with a curry and a few drinkies ;) although did witness a funny event in my
    Local Chinese carry out tonight, when the owner ( a Chinese Gentleman ) and a Customer ( a
    Latvian Gentleman ) were having a good natured argument over an order, both pointing out
    That the other didn't have good enough English to know what each other wanted ! :))
    Be careful with those Russians tp, despite what trump says we don't hold with their sort round here.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    :)) I'm showing my age after three, I got so tired. I had to go to bed.
    And once again I'm keeping unusual hours! Just back from playing at a New Year gig (it's 04.30 GMT) and starving! Nowhere is open for a takeaway, so I'm scrounging round the S&BS seeing what's edible that Holly hasn't sunk her teeth into.
    :)) to misquote Dr No... " When do you sleep, Barbel ?"
    Good question.
    edited January 2017
    I'm out of Coke Zero at home, so I was hoping SABS had some.
    After an almost unnaturally green and mild Christmas it startet showing, and now it's white and nice outside. The Christmas/new years hurricane is a new tradition, and this one bruke my flag pole. How is your pole standing?
    I've never had any complaints ;) although we too tend to get the worst of winter
    Weather in Jan/Feb
    Thank you. I wasn't read for redrawal quite yet. Soon the documentary "Joanna Lumley in Japan" starts. Looking forward to it :007) :(|)
    "Joanna Lumley in Japan" sounds interesting ........ Where was that filmed ?
    I don't know, but the people look Asian.
    Number24 wrote:
    After an almost unnaturally green and mild Christmas it startet showing, and now it's white and nice outside. The Christmas/new years hurricane is a new tradition, and this one bruke my flag pole. How us your pole standing?
    In some parts of England you can't have a flag pole with the national flag on, it's deemed offensive and racist :#
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    When I am putting my green trainers outside of the housedoor, that's also regarded as offensive :#
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    When I am putting my green trainers outside of the housedoor, that's also regarded as offensive :#
    Try hoisting them up a flag pole, that may be acceptable.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    After an almost unnaturally green and mild Christmas it startet showing, and now it's white and nice outside. The Christmas/new years hurricane is a new tradition, and this one bruke my flag pole. How us your pole standing?
    In some parts of England you can't have a flag pole with the national flag on, it's deemed offensive and racist :#

I understand many in Sweden feel the same, but I've never heard of a Norwegian who is that wrong.
    My grandfather told me of the day WW2 ended. The neighbours took out the radio they had hidden in the barn, because radioes were illegal for non-nazis. They put it in the open kitchen window and all the neighbours brought chairs and sat in the garden listening to the king speak. Norwegian flags were illegal during the war too, so my grandpa went to the larder (a separate building) where he had hidden it five years earlier. Then he raised it as he saw flags on every flag pole on both sides of the fjord. Flags are not asociated with racism and the extreme right for us in Norway, but the struggle against those forces.
    As was our flag, the union jack is more acceptable here than the St Georges cross, which interestingly is also widely used in Northern Italy. Personally, I resent any national flag or symbol being hijacked or associated with any extreme movement. An interesting case of this is the Buddhist cross which is now more identified with fascism and war, other than good fortune and auspiciousness as it has been for thousands of years

20170104_224902.jpg

Oh I'll have a Macallan 12 year old single malt please... Double
    The swastika was also a Norse symbol. I know the swastika was used in the 18th century as a symbol for the neighbour farm. They carved it into oars, barrels and all sort of farm equipment.
    Sadly one of the problems with modern life is how quickly some people take "offence", usually
    On behalf of some group. :#
    Also how often some people roll over and play dead when they belive someone might becom offended. The "Happy hollidays" debate in the US is one example, where the politically correct crows are so silly I actually (are you sitting down, US Republicans? B-) ), I actually cheer on the conservatives.
    Chriscoop wrote:

Oh I'll have a Macallan 12 year old single malt please... Double

An excellent choice, I'll have the same. (It's hard not to play the quote game!)