The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It was always Christmas with Tim, he left us Two magnificent presents ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,262MI6 Agent
    This Christmas, I may open a bottle or two of champagne. After over a year of not very
    Good news in my business life. Leading to a massive change in direction and the beginning
    Of a totally new career, which I absolutely love, using my natural talent for chatting etc. ( So
    I've been told ) I feel really happy again, no more grey clouds. -{ and for anyone else who
    Are in a bad place ( like the north ) :p don't give up, keep on keeping on, things will get better. {[]

Wishing you a very happy new year in your new job, TP, happiness in your working life makes everything in the garden rosy {[]
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    Good for you :)
    Thanks guys but I meant it as a bit of advice to anyone, going through a bad patch. There is always
    Light at the end of a tunnel, you just might have to take a few more steps to see it. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Thanks guys but I meant it as a bit of advice to anyone, going through a bad patch. There is always
    Light at the end of a tunnel, you just might have to take a few more steps to see it. -{

And as Churchill said,
    'Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... give up!'

Well done TP - my Mantra for 2017 is
    "Everything you want, is the other side of fear" - it's true.

Sometimes we either have to hit rock bottom to step up - or be fearless in going for our dreams.
    (I hit rock bottom this year too... it was a really rough patch - and one of the reasons I haven't been on here much, but it was the biggest and BEST wake up call I've had ;) )

Here's to a kick-ass 2017! :x
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Well said Lexi -{ I hope all AJBers kick the bottom of 2017 {[]
    If at first you don't succeed, Mr Kidd...
    Try, try again, Mr Wint...
    :D
    Those Bond films are just full of wisdom :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    You have to dare to fail I think, if you give in to fear and settle for the status quo you simply will never know, I've changed direction many times in my life, and not always through my own choice. I've spent Christmas's alone and with total strangers on a cargo ship in the Persian gulf, I even once spent Christmas day night asleep in my car in a church yard, not through homelessness or anything! I've also made some terrible life decisions but after working in the military, private security,, consulting with the police and customs I hankered after a different life, that caused a divorce and my decision to live on a boat and spend summers in the med which sounds mice but was a lonely existence, I met my now wife and went back to doing a life long enjoyment of mine for a living, I now have a fantastic little boy whos 2 and a great relationship with my two daughters from my first marriage and everything is calm and happy, (though the evil 7 year old step daughter does her best to spoil things) a new start is a great thing. Here's to all of us -{ the milky bars are on me..... I mean the drinks! The drinks are on me.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I believe there's some expression about what we regret in life are the chances we didn't take.
    Rather than the things we did ?
    I believe there's some expression about what we regret in life are the chances we didn't take.
    Rather than the things we did ?

There are quite a few...but the one I like is
    "In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"

I'd much rather do something and make a mistake, than not do something and always wish "if only..."

However, this attitude can get you in trouble :v :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    "Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" ..... Mae West. :D
    "To err is human (to forgive divine)." Alexander Pope I believe.

I'm off to bed just gone midnight here goodnight all -{
    "Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" ..... Mae West. :D

Love it! :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    We're all getting very philosophical on here ... That usually comes later on in the evening after a few glasses !!

Before you know it we'll be saying 'I love you' to each other in a drunken slur :)) :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I have been trying to hear that from Lexi for years, but no matter how many drinks I've paid her - it never happened ;%
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    I have been trying to hear that from Lexi for years, but no matter how many drinks I've paid her - it never happened ;%

Well show me you ladenhosen and I just might ;)
    Lady Rose wrote:
    We're all getting very philosophical on here ... That usually comes later on in the evening after a few glasses !!

Before you know it we'll be saying 'I love you' to each other in a drunken slur :)) :))

I think it's that time of year...

Now, pass that bottle of prosecco :D
    Lexi wrote:
    I think it's that time of year...

Now, pass that bottle of prosecco :D

I've been experimenting with prosecco lately ... It goes well with Chambord. Nice with a peach liquor (like a bellini) and my favourite is prosecco mixed with Martini Bianco ...
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,379Chief of Staff
    At present I'm experimenting with Grant's whisky. It's taking longer than expected, about 35 years so far. I'll let you know when the results are ready.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    (Eyes the empty bottles, glasses, decanter, stien, tankards, punch bowl...)

I can see I am going to have a lot of cleaning up to do again. :#
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    It was Lexi's fault.

She hadn't been in for a while so we had a lot of catching up to do .... and you know what she's[like when she gets going .... :o
    Lady Rose wrote:
    It was Lexi's fault.

She hadn't been in for a while so we had a lot of catching up to do .... and you know what she's[like when she gets going .... :o

Why, I have no idea what you're talking about :))

I discovered rhubarb vodka this summer...add a splash of that to prosecco and you've got a powerful tipple!!

Now, hair of the dog me thinks... barman...bubbles here please -{
    (TB2 drops a bottle of Soda water on the Lady Rose's table. There is the unending clatter of bottles, glasses and broken glass, as he pulls a laden trolley towards the kitchen door.)

Soda water as requested, contains bubbles. Lemonade costs extra, as does cola. Nothing alcoholic for 24 hours, while I get this, this, (indicates the trolley and table) under control!
    As for the dog, you'll have to get permission from the Cat first, once she finishes playing hide and seek with the Doberman down the road.
    Lexi wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:
    It was Lexi's fault.

Why, I have no idea what you're talking about :))

I discovered rhubarb vodka this summer...add a splash of that to prosecco and you've got a powerful tipple!!

Now, hair of the dog me thinks... barman...bubbles here please -{

A vodka and prune juice was known as a piledriver where I used to live :v
    I was out last night with some friends and whilst drinking came up with the idea of a 'Gavisconbomb' ...

Must be an age thing :)) :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    bollinger_123.jpg
    my xmas tipple sorted :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    I celebrated my 100th post in the S&BS with a pint of Vespers. For my 200th, can I celebrate with a vodka martini...dirty? And hopefully finish it before the table gets wrecked and I get my a*se kicked by a giant?
    {[] it's great to have a plan :) congratulations.
    Absolutely no Bond related presents this year. :# although a nice surprise was getting
    A first edition of the Stephen King novel " Gerald's Game" :D
    (TB2 pours two glasses of Whisky, and passes one to Pussy. Before picking up the second one, he puts a couple of Deamies cat treats on the floor near Holly's basket. They are each the size of a small cushion.)

Never mind Pussy, it can't be Bond every Christmas, though it can be in the SABS! Happy Christmas! {[]