The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Listening to a new comedy on BBC radio 4 this evening, about a bloke moving to
    Sweden with his Swedish girlfriend. I noticed the Norwegians were the butt of many
    Swedish jokes ? Do Norwegians also make the Swedish the butt of their jokes ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    Yes, and most of the jokes are exactly the same. In Norway it's a whole seperate class of jokes called "Swede-jokes.
    I think you mentioned it before, just wanted to make sure ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    In an Homage to SF, .... Tonight I'm finishing off the last of the Christmas
    Bottles of Heineken. :D
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Fizzy tap water please TP.

I think I have found Higgins the perfect Boat Trip wear :v
    jd_231717_a_zpsj4qob7rm.jpeg

They will certainly turn some old ladies heads :D :o :v
    It will match his trainers perfectly :)
    In those shorts, can I see a Cockatoo, or is it just the shading ? :D
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Toxic Budgie Smuggelers :D
    I'll have a cup of hot chocolate, thank you! (Walks over to the jukebox and Putin on Bing Crosby synging "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas")
    And if Blackleiter drops by, I'll buy him a glass of whatever he wants. (mutters to self) :I've forgotten what his favourite drink is....
    " Putin on Bing Crosby " ... I never knew our glorious Russian leader was such a big fan ? :))
    Little known fact: Putin wrote his biography on Bing Crosby back when he was in the DDR and served in the KGB, where this song reminded him of the snow white winters of his dear old Soviet Union. The winters were even colder then, because of the cold war.
    Really interesting facts there Number24. :) Another little know fact was that Irving Berlin's
    Song " Putin on the Ritz " was actually about a brief stay in the London hotel by the Russian
    Leader on a gap year from KGB Interrogation techniques.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Fizzy tap water please TP.

I think I have found Higgins the perfect Boat Trip wear :v
    jd_231717_a_zpsj4qob7rm.jpeg

They will certainly turn some old ladies heads :D :o :v

Just spat my lambrini up the wall....
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,695MI6 Agent
    A pint of SnakeEye please, barman. :007)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I have to ask: what is SnakeEye?
    :)) Not a local cocktail in Norway then. Basically it's a mix of lager and cider. ;)
    I don't drink, remember? :))
    Another local tipple is a pint of cider with a dash of Buckfast wine . ....... I used to drink it
    In my teenage years. :D
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,025MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Yes, and most of the jokes are exactly the same. In Norway it's a whole seperate class of jokes called "Swede-jokes.

I believe that it is just about the same in all the Nordic countries. There is a great website called "Scandinavia and the world" (http://satwcomic.com/the-world), highly recommended it captures pretty well the sometimes not so easy relationship Nordic countries have with each other.

There is an old joke about an aeroplane ride with 5 people of different nationalities. There is a swede, a finn, norvegian a brit and a german. In middle of the flight the captain makes the announcement that their engines are failing and that they need to loose some weight or they all will die crashing down. The brit shows some classic stiff upper lip, shouts "LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!" and jumps out. The flight goes on quite well for a while, but then the problem repeats it self. This time the german makes the sacrifice, "REICH FOR EVER!" and jumps out. And again all seems well, but then the problem is back, this time the norvegian and the finn grab the swede and haul him out of the plane "LONG LIVE THE NORDIC SPIRIT OF CO-OPERATION!!!"

ENDIT HAMFISTED
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'll have frothy mochachino please with a Macallan chaser.
    Well I've been up north of the border and seem to have come back to closed threads everywhere and everyone at each others throats..... And it's only January the 9th!!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Must be the January blues :D
    Where is everyone? I thought it was tradition to end up in a bar after a heated political discussion to drink irresponsibly and debate even more irresponsibly. I was even hoping for some unneccesary violence. How disapointing.....

Well, I'll have my usual Coke Zero and ponder the the lack of interest in politics today.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Where is everyone? I thought it was tradition to end up in a bar after a heated political discussion to drink irresponsibly and debate even more irresponsibly. I was even hoping for some unneccesary violence. How disapointing.....

Well, I'll have my usual Coke Zero and ponder the the lack of interest in politics today.
    I would be for talking politics moore but mie english is nah so good... :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Some liars say my English isn't completely perfect either. It's been pitch black outside for hours, so it's nice to meet people here at SABS..... Even thought people aren't trying to kill each other in a drunken political brawl.
    New for 2017 .....

The Complete AJB007... This beautiful hand crafted magazine, available every fortnight, over 31 weeks.
    Building to a fantastic guide and informative research resource . Learn the history, the glamour and
    Conflict that goes in to keeping the Internets best Bond forum running.
    A double spread poster in every copy, showing all the Mods, Quartermasters etc in all their glory.
    Part one has a no holds barred interview with Sir Miles, holding nothing back, he gives us the low down
    On all the in house romances and arguments, from the Christmas party .
    Every fortnight, the back page will show a section of the SABS, building to a fascinating map of the
    Establishment, the first issue, shows the lay out of " The old geezers" table.
    Part one comes with a free novelty " Thread Closed" kit. For hours of fun, issue 1 only £453.78 ( usual
    Price £0.47p.
    Sounds like a bargain, certainly cheaper than that delorean one out at the moment, that one will set you back 1500 quid to complete! almost as much as this northern Irish fuel payment balls up, I see old mcguinnes has gone. Who'd have thought renewable fuel would succeed where the sas failed.
    I'll have a scotch please......
    N.Ireland in money troubles, ..... That's certainly " Back to the future" :D
    I wonder how many more of these marvellous schemes are bleeding out money but we just don't know about it??
    N.Ireland politics , one of the reasons I hold Politicians in such low esteem, and haven't voted in years ! :D
    They are all either corrupt or incompetent ! If brain power could be used as a power source, our Politicians
    Couldn't power a light bulb. They are very good at sectarian politics keeping one side angry with the other
    But ask them to run an economy, and they haven't a bloody clue.
    The sooner Westminster takes over control again, the better. As we can't look after ourselves ! :#