The search for a new iconic Henchman has started

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    She can be the new Mayday :o
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    She can be whatever she wants, I'm not going to tell her different ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    edited August 2014
    Ms Bass looks likeca real life version of Barbella from JB Jnr!

Thing is, henchmen don't have to be big and bulky. Red Grant and Jaws are opposite sides of the same coin in that regard, and one if Severines "bodyguards" the one who becomes dragon food, could be OddJobs grandson.

Benicio Del Toro is memorable as Dario because he was one very sick puppy. Xenia Onnatop is female version of the same thing. (As a side note both actors still look fantastic today.) I think Craig's Bond needs a baddie thst taps into the modern world. How about a new take on the Klebb or Bunt character? FRWL was one of the first Connery films I saw as a kid, and Ms Lenya's great performace still gives me the creeps now. Maybe a corrupt political informer?
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    {[] I too have posted before about getting another " nasty" lady, in the mold
    Of Klebb or Bunt. -{ . Perhaps it's not politically correct these days but I'd love
    To see another ugly/psychotic B*tch ! Sadly there have been many wars where
    She could have been a cruel prison camp guard or torturer .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    You should go to my local TP then you would see many an ugly/psychotic bitch :))
    :)) :)) :))
    Hey, I'm married to one. :))

( sorry, my darling . it's only a joke ! )
    {[] I too have posted before about getting another " nasty" lady, in the mold
    Of Klebb or Bunt. -{ . Perhaps it's not politically correct these days but I'd love
    To see another ugly/psychotic B*tch ! Sadly there have been many wars where
    She could have been a cruel prison camp guard or torturer .

Not very nice to talk about the Misses like that ;)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Well if pulling the wings of fly's, and drowning kittens makes you
    A psychological oddity, then this isn't the Britain I grew up in :))

But I'm gonna stop now in case she reads any of this, if I stop
    Posting, you'll know there's some big grovelling and major Ass
    Kissing being done by me ! :)) :)) :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    edited August 2014
    I don't like to repeat myself (because of all the typing), but a version of the Red Grant from the novel FRWL would be great! His backstory was him being a voilent psycopath who developed into a serial killer. SMERSH (Quantum?) discovered him and made him their assassin. He got training, equipment, pay and protection from them if he killed whoever his masters told him to. Sort of Dexter working for the wrong side.

I would like to see Swedish actor Mikael Persbrandt play this character (A very experienced actor who is 6'2 1/2'' tall):

Hamilton_ak5_RGB1.jpg&w=388&zc=0&q=100
    What if the henchman was trained to use everyday objects when he kills? He can mix common chemicals from the drug store to make explosives, he doctors breaks on cars, lifts etc. He uses pens, kitchen knives, light bulbes, bottles of booze and everything else he gets hold of when he fights. To use another TV referance: imagine MacGyver as an assassin! He wouldn't need to carry a weapon.
    Henchmen seem to fall in to two groups, big but not very clever or
    Average size but smart. So why not mix it up either have a big smart henchman
    Or a short,stupid one. :))
    I'd love to see another double act, perhaps Brother & Sister, a bit of an
    Incestual vibe with them, to add a creepiness to them.
    I like your ideas, TP :007)
  • Jimatay007Jimatay007 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Because Craig's Bond has battered everyone he's fought so far, I wouldn't mind seeing him match up against someone who is a physical challenge for him. Someone who he'll have to use his wits to defeat rather than strength.

I heard Brock Lesnar say he'll be up for acting roles.
    brock_lesnar_png_w_262.jpg
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Just came across this piece of news which was released today:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20140822-henchman-casting

I'm not sure if this has been revealed before and I'm very far behind, but I just figured I share this article here anyway.

I'm pretty excited about this myself :D I think the last Iconic henchman (woman) in the series was probably Xenia Onatopp. A new one that is supposed to go down the same line as Oddjob and Jaws sounds like great news to my ears!
    Given how much Craig's physicalness was important to the first two films, I would have preferred they'd gone this route in Skyfall, but I agree that it is a step in the right direction. The trick will be to find someone who essentially can one-up Craig's Bond for most of the film.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Hey, I'm married to one. :))

( sorry, my darling . it's only a joke ! )

Wow! I could never get away with that one! :o
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    What makes you think I did ? :# :))
    What makes you think I did ? :# :))

Because you're still alive and posting? :))
    TP's never Regions are now being squeezed in a Vice this very Moment :))
    This is like my " Shed" , she never comes in here. :D
    This is like my " Shed" , she never comes in here. :D

Lucky man! Oh how I wish Mrs. Blackleiter would let me have a shed! :))
    Seeing as we live in a Flat, we don't have a Shed :# But I would never let the GF in there anyway :))
  • PDJamesBondPDJamesBond Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    I agree that a big, brute, physically imposing henchman would be great for DC's tenure - we haven't had a Jaws type yet. I don't want anything over the top - just cruel and frightening and massive.

Also, in defense of Elvis in QoS, I don't think he's really supposed to be a henchman. As someone else posted before, he's more of a PA - a secretary to Greene. So I think it's unfair to say he's "one of the worst henchmen" of all time, because he's not even a henchman to begin with.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,691MI6 Agent
    I thought Elvis w :) as good especially when his syrup fell off :)) :))

That's literally the only thing I remember about him in the entire movie. But just to show how widely divergent opinions can be about these things, there is actually an AJB member who mounted a spirited defense of Elvis, contending that he is a lot more interesting henchman than he is given credit for. I can't remember who it was that took this position, but I recall being completely astonished by that.

I cant tell a lie ,it was our literary expert silhouette man :) (before he went on his, shall we say holiday :) ) I think he was going to do a piece called Elvis has left the building if I remember correctly if im wrong then my deepest apologise SM :)

No, you are quite right, always shaken! I did indeed propose that article and I intend on making good on my promise and publishing it on my blog later this year. I still hope that I can change the general mind-set on Elvis as a henchman and as a character. I will say no more of it now but rest assured I will alert members here when the article is published on the blog. Elvis Lives! -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    Just came across this piece of news which was released today:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20140822-henchman-casting

I'm not sure if this has been revealed before and I'm very far behind, but I just figured I share this article here anyway.

I'm pretty excited about this myself :D I think the last Iconic henchman (woman) in the series was probably Xenia Onatopp. A new one that is supposed to go down the same line as Oddjob and Jaws sounds like great news to my ears!

I'm a little apprehensive about this, because I think they could easily go over the top if they're not careful. As much as I enjoyed Obbjob in GF, I think he was skirting the line of credibility just a bit. Jaws definitely took things too far over the line for my taste. I wouldn't mind seeing an obviously strong, physically imposing henchman to go against Craig's Bond, but I hope he's more along the lines of Red Grant than Jaws.

I can see where you are coming from. Anything along the lines of Jaws would seem sily in the direction the Bond films went for since the reboot. But it does seem Bond 24 is going for a slightly lighter tone in some ways. (With the rumors of having more humor this time arround and such) I'm sure they will make a good decision that would fit the times of today.

Anything would be better than the plain henchman from Quantum of Solace by the way! Seriously who remembers Elvis?!!! Did anyone even know the henchman was called Elvis untill you saw the credits?! (Most people that watched QoS probably don't have a clue who i'm talking about, that's how forgetable that guy was!)

ha! you can count me in with that group. who was it anyway?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,691MI6 Agent
    edited August 2014
    Halcon wrote:

I'm a little apprehensive about this, because I think they could easily go over the top if they're not careful. As much as I enjoyed Obbjob in GF, I think he was skirting the line of credibility just a bit. Jaws definitely took things too far over the line for my taste. I wouldn't mind seeing an obviously strong, physically imposing henchman to go against Craig's Bond, but I hope he's more along the lines of Red Grant than Jaws.

I can see where you are coming from. Anything along the lines of Jaws would seem sily in the direction the Bond films went for since the reboot. But it does seem Bond 24 is going for a slightly lighter tone in some ways. (With the rumors of having more humor this time arround and such) I'm sure they will make a good decision that would fit the times of today.

Anything would be better than the plain henchman from Quantum of Solace by the way! Seriously who remembers Elvis?!!! Did anyone even know the henchman was called Elvis untill you saw the credits?! (Most people that watched QoS probably don't have a clue who i'm talking about, that's how forgetable that guy was!)

Ah...ahem...me? I think I and always shaken are the only members of the Elvis Fan Club! See post above re the Elvis article I am planning! Elvis Lives!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Halcon wrote:

Ah...ahem...me? I think I and always shaken are the only members of the Elvis Fan Club! See post above re the Elvis article I am planning! Elvis Lives!

I think Halcon is asking who the heck is Elvis! That's how little impact the character has.
    Halcon wrote:

I think Halcon is asking who the heck is Elvis! That's how little impact the character has.

Just wait until my article BL when all will be made clear! :))

I hope so, because you are setting pretty high expectations!
    edited September 2014

I hope so, because you are setting pretty high expectations!

I know I am but I think you will be surprised and delighted! :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    I know I am but I think you will be surprised and delighted! :))

Not to mention all shook up. ;%