The search for a new iconic Henchman has started

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    I know I am but I think you will be surprised and delighted! :))

Not to mention all shook up. ;%

That too! All shook up but not stirred if you will! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    A little less conversation, a little more action ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    A little less conversation, a little more action ! :))

I will deliver soon! :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    That's all right, It's the wonder of you, & I'm Counting on You.
    So Don't be cruel, It's now or never ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    And with that, no more Elvis puns please! (yes, I know I started it!)
    Barbel wrote:
    And with that, no more Elvis puns please! (yes, I know I started it!)

It's official: Elvis has left the building, folks. :))

Sorry, couldn't resist that! :p
  • QuistQuist Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    A Henchman with detachable razor sharp steel finger nails? Or a henchwoman with poisoned stiletto shoes? Though the first one may seem too Freddy Krueger perhaps 8-)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    The first one is too Freddy Krueger, the second too Rosa Klebb. Sorry.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    I would like to see a henchman who is a martial arts expert. In a similar post to this a few years back, I suggested actor/ MMA fighter Jason Chambers for a henchman part. I still think that he would be fantastic as a henchman.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    I would like to see a henchman who is a martial arts expert. In a similar post to this a few years back, I suggested actor/ MMA fighter Jason Chambers for a henchman part. I still think that he would be fantastic as a henchman.

Jason Chambers would be great as a bad guy / assassin type but IMO more in the mold of Patrice in "Skyfall" albeit with more martial arts/physical skills....but he's not much bigger than DC (maybe an inch or so taller).

If EON is looking for pure physical intimidation and memorable looks, former pro wrestler and MMA fighter David Bautista (plays Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy) would be perfect. The guy is huge, scary looking as hell and has skills. The only thing that might be a problem for EON is that since "Guardians" was such a huge hit, they may be looking for more of an unknown.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    How about another Henchman who has a Deformity, but puts it to use. Like with Tee Hee's Hook :) -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I liked the idea they had in TWINE, with Renard getting stronger and
    With greater stamina, every day until he'd die from the bullet in his
    Head. Shame they didn't do more with that. It was mentioned ........
    ..... and then forgotten. :D
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Just like Leiter in Brosnans Years :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    This might be a bit off the wall and might suit a different film rather than Bond but ......
    A henchman somewhat in the mold of Derren Brown. In that by using rhythm of
    Speech, key phrases and " verbal" subliminal messages. He can get information
    From people without them evening knowing, or get past guards without them
    Remembering him. :D
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    This might be a bit off the wall and might suit a different film rather than Bond but ......
    A henchman somewhat in the mold of Derren Brown. In that by using rhythm of
    Speech, key phrases and " verbal" subliminal messages. He can get information
    From people without them evening knowing, or get past guards without them
    Remembering him. :D

Sounds like the old "Jedi mind trick".
    :)) could be, but it can be done. ;)
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Jean-Marie Paris...the guy on the right. I've always thought he would be good in a Bond movie.
    Transporter.jpg
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    Seems like a good idea. He's mainly done French movies, so he isn't overused internationally. He is big, strong and he has a striking look. If they could find another dimension or quirk to his character he would be a wonderful henchman.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    Jean-Marie Paris...the guy on the right. I've always thought he would be good in a Bond movie.
    Transporter.jpg

Yeah, he'd fit the bill. Definitely.
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Idris Elba?
    IMHO, Idris Elba would make a great Main Villain, but is too good a screen presence to be just a Henchman.
    Unless that Henchman was to have plenty of screen time in a "Red Grant" Mold of villain. -{
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Without sounding negative...but doesn't the idea of a henchman fall into the 'formulaic' category of Bond.

IMO they haven't quite got the main villain down yet. The only one of any real threat was Le Chiffre, but he was physically rather weak... I would much rather establish a forceful, imposing and menacing baddie...then add the henchmen, but not in the shadow of jaws, he just became a joke :#
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:
    Without sounding negative...but doesn't the idea of a henchman fall into the 'formulaic' category of Bond :#

I could live with that, to a certain extent, if it's done well.
    I always thought the villain tested Bond mentally, trying to
    out play him and stop his plan. While the Henchman charactet was to
    test Bond's body, to see how much punishment he could take, yet
    still come out fighting and win. :)
    Agreed, that's the classic model (Klebb and Grant, Goldfinger and Oddjob, Kananga and Tee Hee, etc) but there have been interesting variations (Scaramanga and Nick Nack, Zorin and MayDay, etc). There's always been scope to work changes on the basic formula and most times it works out fine (Alec and Xenia) with a very few clunkers (Dominic and Elvis).
    Oh I'm not set in my ways. They can play with the elements
    all they want. :D
    Barbel wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    Without sounding negative...but doesn't the idea of a henchman fall into the 'formulaic' category of Bond :#

I could live with that, to a certain extent, if it's done well.

I don't know...it just seems to have been done, and I'm all for new thinking. I loved the scene in Skyfall, where Bond meets Q and his box of tricks was minimal... it kinda refreshed the formula of gadgetry... and I would be happy for them to continue along that line.

After so many films, it's nice to see them shake off some of the cliches, (the quip about not caring if the vodka martini was shaken, in CR, is a prime example) and I would like to see something new...not a henchman as we know it...or at least not something as obvious.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    I understand where you're coming from, but I'd say it's time to return to more traditional elements after the recent period of change/experimentation/modernisation/deconstruction/ etc.
    I guess you could say Patrice from SF was a nod
    to henchmen of old. :)
    Barbel wrote:
    I understand where you're coming from, but I'd say it's time to return to more traditional elements after the recent period of change/experimentation/modernisation/deconstruction/ etc.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love a smattering of traditional. The padded door, Moneypenny, the old style M, but they have all been 're-introduced' with a twist...so let's keep that up.

I would like us to keep moving forward with the elements, not going backwards. -{