The search for a new iconic Henchman has started

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I can't wait for the classic scene of a beaten
    and almost dead Bond. At the last minute
    turns the tables ! {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Bond can stab him through the Neck with something sharp -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :)) I don't know. That's an awfully BIG neck ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Q can come up something -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    Please, please, please EON - don't go overboard and make this guy some sort of indestructible freak!

Oh, I don't know. It's been a while!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    I belive they can just show this man's strength and size as they really are, he is after all the second strongest man on earth and 6'9'' tall, and he will be a formidable opponent to Bond. No metal teeth or other silly stuff. I also like that he is a former basketball player, meaning he isn't just a lumbering mountain of muscles, but also an agile man. Icelanders, like all Nordic people other than the Finns :p , have learnt English from an early age and tend to be used to talking English. I know this is just a rumour at this stage, but it's a rumour I would like to come true.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    According to this article the henchman will be played by Icelandic Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson.

Honestly that article says nothing more than "this guy could be good."
    With a casting call out for an iconic henchmen, there could be one who has already terrorized many television viewers in Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, who just finished up work playing The Mountain in the most recent season of Game of Thrones.

Björnsson has the imposing physique that could give Bond his biggest challenge yet with a henchman, just ask the Viper. But the actor also gave a solid performance in a henchman-like role on the show and could slide into the next Bond movie and be a big hit.

It's fun to see how these rumors catch fire.
    Honestly, you're right.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Bond can stab him through the Neck with something sharp -{

Maybe a sharpened flagpole.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    Number24 wrote:
    I belive they can just show this man's strength and size as they really are, he is after all the second strongest man on earth and 6'9'' tall, and he will be a formidable opponent to Bond. No metal teeth or other silly stuff. I also like that he is a former basketball player, meaning he isn't just a lumbering mountain of muscles, but also an agile man. Icelanders, like all Nordic people other than the Finns :p , have learnt English from an early age and tend to be used to talking English. I know this is just a rumour at this stage, but it's a rumour I would like to come true.

If he's indeed the henchman, that's the way I'd like to see him handled. He looks like he could be more than a formidable threat to Bond without the fantastical silliness.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Number24 wrote:

If he's indeed the henchman, that's the way I'd like to see him handled. He looks like he could be more than a formidable threat to Bond with the fantastical silliness.

Are you sure you didn't mean "withOUT the fantastical silliness." ? ?:)
    How about, stainless steel eyeballs !
    When Bond is trying to escape, he could pop them out, roll them across
    The floor for Bond to slip on ! :)) honestly I don't know how, I come up
    With so many great ideas ! :))
    Maybe he can detach his Hands?
    Go, go gadget hands ! :)) :)) :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Go, go gadget hands ! :)) :)) :))
    First big LOL of the day. :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    Just wait till you get to his teeth...
    .... Oh he keeps those in a glass ! :))
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Not as a henchmam. But as a villan - Paul Bettany. He plays cold and creepy well i.e Legion. Or Christopher Waltz who is possibly even more disturbing in past roles i.e inglorius basterds. Thoughts?.
    {[] Christopher Waltz, would be fantastic. -{
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I'm all for an iconic physically overwhelming, brutal henchman---but I do hope they play it more like Red Grant than even Oddjob...although they seem to have found a nice balance in the way Craig's Bond plays the humor, and I suspect this is probably a given. It will be fun to see; that much is certain!
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Firstly welcome back loeffelholz {[] nice to hear your opinions again -{

I agree, they have found ( IMHO) the right balance between Humour and
    Adventure for Daniel Craig. -{ , he suits the slightly darker/cruel one liners
    More in the style of Connery than Moore.
    Good to see you back -{
    Number24 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

If he's indeed the henchman, that's the way I'd like to see him handled. He looks like he could be more than a formidable threat to Bond with the fantastical silliness.

Are you sure you didn't mean "withOUT the fantastical silliness." ? ?:)

Yep! Just fixed it.
    {[] Christopher Waltz, would be fantastic. -{

Absolutely! And a good fit for the Daniel Craig era, I think.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    A henchman

- uncompromising
    - unforgiving
    - in the Connery camp

Blackleiter has my vote :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    A henchman

- uncompromising
    - unforgiving
    - in the Connery camp

Thank you - I'm so proud! :D
    I think BL, himself could be the next henchman, after
    His story of nearly flattening Nick Nack :)) ;)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    A henchman

- uncompromising
    - unforgiving
    - in the Connery camp

forgot to mention:

- unmodest

:)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Even though I highly doubt that he would ever appear in a Bond, but Van Damme would make a formidable Henchman -{
    Higgins wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    A henchman

- uncompromising
    - unforgiving
    - in the Connery camp

forgot to mention:

- unmodest

:)) :)) :))

Come to think of it, we're only talking henchman here. I think of myself more as the main villain type! :))