The search for a new iconic Henchman has started

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    ...but not at the risk of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. QoS did that, and the return of more traditional elements ("re-introduced with a twist", as you say) in SF was most welcome*. Now, just a little step further in that direction!

* audiences literally cheered when the DB5 was revealed in SF.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    ...but not at the risk of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. QoS did that, and the return of more traditional elements ("re-introduced with a twist", as you say) in SF was most welcome*. Now, just a little step further in that direction!

* audiences literally cheered when the DB5 was revealed in SF.

:)) ahh, this is where we might never quite see eye to eye...QOS is one of my favourite Bond movies...but I do appreciate that it might have strayed a tad too far for more old style Bond fans, and I know there is room enough to accommodate all of us.

My point is let's keep refreshing the plot. Give us something to sink our teeth into, or to think about...rather than go back to spoonfeeding us with references of the past.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Please God, NO more Homages ! :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    ...but not at the risk of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. QoS did that.....

I don't think it did...QoS is a classic Bond film...most of the elements for a Bond film are there (apart from certain characters that hadn't been reintroduced yet)...
    YNWA 97
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I don't think it did...QoS is a classic Bond film...most of the elements for a Bond film are there (apart from certain characters that hadn't been reintroduced yet)...
    QoS was a solid if fast paced Bond film. Best Bond of this century IMO. Elvis kind of sucked, but at least they did blow up his pants. :))
    A new iconic henchman could be named Higgintoys, and possess the ability to destroy facts & numbers to subvert western Capitalism.... -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Classic physically imposing henchman in a long and brutal one on one fight to the death with Bond would be great.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    ...but not at the risk of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. QoS did that.....

I've grown to appreciate QoS more with time, but for all its virtues it doesn't feel like a James Bond film the way that SF, for all its flaws, does.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I've got a Twist on the classic Henchman Formula, how about if the Henchman disposes of his Master halfway during the Film for his own Ends?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Ah! Great minds and all that :))
    I was thinking it would be cool to have Bond sent after some Billionaire
    Who the Government think is up to no good ( in the classic way). Only for
    Bond to discover the Billionaire ( although criminal himself) had nothing to
    Do with ( the big scheme) and it was the Billionaire's right hand man who is
    Behind it all. Perhaps in a reveal scene where the Billionaire is killed in front of Bond
    By his lieutenant. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Sort of like in For Special Services ?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :)) NO! Absolutely, Totally different. :D
    So no one Breasted Daughter of Blofeld killing a Gay Texas Millionaire ? :))
    Now you're making it sound like Dallas ! :))
    Barbel wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

I've grown to appreciate QoS more with time, but for all its virtues it doesn't feel like a James Bond film the way that SF, for all its flaws, does.

I can understand your point of view there...I think QoS should have been 20/30mins longer to 'flesh' the script out...obviously the writers strike stopped this which is a huge shame...at least it still has an awesome title track :p
    YNWA 97
    "Your sense of humour is simply delicious" :))
    It certainly would have had an awesome title track if David Arnold had written one. Oh, wait, that's right- he did..... they just didn't use it.

Edit:
    Aside to newcomers: we've been having this debate for years!
    Barbel wrote:
    "Your sense of humour is simply delicious" :))
    It certainly would have had an awesome title track if David Arnold had written one. Oh, wait, that's right- he did..... they just didn't use it.

Edit:
    Aside to newcomers: we've been having this debate for years!

Debate ???? You mean your refusal to see sense - or hear it :D
    YNWA 97
    Yes big discussion over the years. In fact at times a Mass Debate over it . :v :D
    Sir Miles wrote:

I don't hear AWTD any more, it's what the mute button was invented for!
    Barbel wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I don't hear AWTD any more, it's what the mute button was invented for!

:o
    YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    According to this article the henchman will be played by Icelandic Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/45892/20140910/james-bond-24-movie-rumors-chiwetel-ejiofor-haf%C3%BE%C3%B3r-j%C3%BAl%C3%ADus-bj%C3%B6rnsson-among-possibilities-to-play-villain-iconic-henchmen-in-next-movie-video.htm

Looks lika good idea:

1thor_vice_670.jpg

Standing next to Lena Heady in Game of Thrones. He Plays "The Mountain that Walks" :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=131155&d=1404974339
    :)) I wouldn't like to annoy him. ;)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Holy crap are they dumbbells he is sitting on

DC better start eating his weetabix
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    He is the 2nd strongest man in the world :o
    He probably eats those Dumbbells :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Uh oh, Daniel! :o
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Bjørnsson standing next to a little man:

0c10973a39a53647327481c607be9889.jpg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Aha, now we (possibly) have the actor.... All we need is some idiosyncrasy like a Bowler hat or a pair of metal teeth... How about green trainers? :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    He could be the new Jaws, or a Henchman similar to him -{
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Please, please, please EON - don't go overboard and make this guy some sort of indestructible freak!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    He reminds me of the Henchman from the first Bourne Film, where Jason kicks his Corpse off the Stairs and rides him down the Ground below :))