The search for a new iconic Henchman has started

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I think BL, himself could be the next henchman, after
    His story of nearly flattening Nick Nack :)) ;)

Hey, he had it coming! :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    'You will get the rest later!
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Come to think of it, we're only talking henchman here. I think of myself more as the main villain type! :))

...and so do I :p
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Loeffelholz's suggestion of a Red Grant type is spot on (welcome back indeed -{ ).

While we need a physically imposing henchman, someone who is intelligent would add real jeopardy and conflict. - like Grant or a Telly Savalas- type. Someone who can give Bond a real run for their money. The closest in recent years was Rick Yune as Zao: intelligent, had some good interaction with Bond, and an iconic 'look' ... although not as physically threatening as Robert Shaw and his lines weren't as good.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Sorry Mate, you've just had me howling with Laughter :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    If you said you wanted a shadowy organisation, run by a Maniac with steel hooks for hands !
    Many people would be complaining, that you weren't be Realistic ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Smiert-SpionamSmiert-Spionam Posts: 318MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    According to this article the henchman will be played by Icelandic Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson.

Honestly that article says nothing more than "this guy could be good."
    With a casting call out for an iconic henchmen, there could be one who has already terrorized many television viewers in Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, who just finished up work playing The Mountain in the most recent season of Game of Thrones.

Björnsson has the imposing physique that could give Bond his biggest challenge yet with a henchman, just ask the Viper. But the actor also gave a solid performance in a henchman-like role on the show and could slide into the next Bond movie and be a big hit.

It's fun to see how these rumors catch fire.

Please let this be true. The Mountain in Game of Thrones is absolutely amazing and sh*t scary! That scene with The Viper still haunts me now :o
    Smiert Spionam
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Just read that former wrestler Dave Bautista who plays Drax The Destroyer in Guardians of The Galaxy has been cast in the henchman role, according to Screenrant/LatinoReview. I've not seen the film, nor indeed any of his performances but recall he got good notices for GOTG...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I saw GotG and I must say that he played well, Drax is a typicall killer-with-no-brain (except for the fact that he's a hero) so I don't know how will he fit in a Bond film, but Jaws wasn't very bright also at the other hand!

I think he might play a guy like Bane in TDKR, except for the fact that he would not talk too much. He would just be there to beat Bond's ass and if that's the reason behind his casting then I'll be looking forward to it!
    The Series was in need of a new Physically imposing Henchman -{
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    I would like to see a henchman who is a martial arts expert. In a similar post to this a few years back, I suggested actor/ MMA fighter Jason Chambers for a henchman part. I still think that he would be fantastic as a henchman.

Jason Chambers would be great as a bad guy / assassin type but IMO more in the mold of Patrice in "Skyfall" albeit with more martial arts/physical skills....but he's not much bigger than DC (maybe an inch or so taller).

If EON is looking for pure physical intimidation and memorable looks, former pro wrestler and MMA fighter David Bautista (plays Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy) would be perfect. The guy is huge, scary looking as hell and has skills. The only thing that might be a problem for EON is that since "Guardians" was such a huge hit, they may be looking for more of an unknown.

Well, like a broken clock I'm right at least two times a day (much less as per my wife). :)) Great choice IMO. At 6'2" he may not be the tallest but he's almost as wide and all muscle mass. Throw in the athletic and martial arts skills along with great screen presence and you have the makings of another iconic henchman.
    I thought Bautista was terrific in Guardians of the Galaxy, so count me in as a fan of this choice. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent

I wonder about this part: "He has several fights with Bond and will have to have stunt training."

I don't see Bond having "several" fights with that type of character. It's going to be "one and done" one way or the other.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Gala Brand wrote:
    I wonder about this part: "He has several fights with Bond and will have to have stunt training."

I don't see Bond having "several" fights with that type of character. It's going to be "one and done" one way or the other.

I can see a 'running battle' throughout the film working very well...be a good change too... -{
    YNWA 97
    Perhaps someone who gets the better of Bond, a couple of times
    Before in the last reel, Bond manages to win ! :D
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Not sure about his name. Hinx, sounds to close to Jinx.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Could be pronounced " High - nix" :#
    Named after a tall villain who cut himself shaving ? :))
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

I can see a 'running battle' throughout the film working very well...be a good change too... -{

I like it! -{
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

I like it! -{
    Yeah, it's been too long since Bond flat out got his arse kicked.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Not being a follower of professional wrestling, I didn't really know who Bautista was before Guardians; but I really liked his performance. It looks like the producers may be going for a henchman who isn't just menacing, but who can act.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    Please just change the name of the henchman. Hinx just seems to forced.
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c87oUzmnkEY

Dave Bautista was looked and reported by IGN. He would make a great henchman. He's enormous haha.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Wohoo Batista ! was always wondering why his wwe career wasnt good turns out he saved himself for Guardians and now BOND!!! B-)
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Hart008 wrote:
    Wohoo Batista ! was always wondering why his wwe career wasnt good turns out he saved himself for Guardians and now BOND!!! B-)

He was meant to win the title at Wrestlemania in April so that he could be the champion when Guardians came out. But fan reaction to him was so bad that WWE felt the need to change things, give someone else the title, and Batista exited the company with his reputation as a wrestler having been seriously hindered.

That said, he should still make a convincing tough guy on screen. He can act, certainly better than better than the Rock. And he'll look enormous next to DC. I'm optimistic.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I didin't get to see Guardians of the Galaxy at the cinema, so I haven't seen Batista act. He seems like a great henchman, though. Hope they manage to update the Jaws/Oddjob type heavy for the Craig era.
    Number24 wrote:
    Hope they manage to update the Jaws/Oddjob type heavy for the Craig era.

Amen to that. No cartoonish thug!
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    I think Batista is bigger than Oddjob. Definitely shorter than Jaws, but who cares he's built like a brick. That would be a very fun fight scene to watch between Bond and Batista.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Agent Kino wrote:
    I think Batista is bigger than Oddjob. Definitely shorter than Jaws, but who cares he's built like a brick. That would be a very fun fight scene to watch between Bond and Batista.

Bond would definitely have to rely on his wits.
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Agent Kino wrote:

Bond would definitely have to rely on his wits.

Just as he did when he faced Oddjob. :007)