Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    We have Chitty Chitty bang bang on today , im not watching it ,as im sitting in the garden ,waiting for my roast dinner to be served up (in the garden) :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    It has been rather nice today :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    I must urge anyone in the UK who has not seen it to watch the recent repeat of Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse's savage satire on BBC2 to mark its recent 50th anniversary. Not sure of the title, something like Harry and Paul do the 2's. Had me howling with laughter... You can still catch it on iPlayer.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,600Chief of Staff
    I must urge anyone in the UK who has not seen it to watch the recent repeat of Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse's savage satire on BBC2 to mark its recent 50th anniversary. Not sure of the title, something like Harry and Paul do the 2's. Had me howling with laughter... You can still catch it on iPlayer.

Couldn't agree more - brilliant -{
    YNWA 97
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Watched the second episode of " inside no 9" and have to say it was a mysterious
    But charming episode, brilliantly written and acted. I really enjoyed it. -{

Thought it was superb -{

Watched it tonight, the ending was very thought provoking :(

Also thought the first episode was good as well.

So far this series is on par with the first {[]
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Watched the second episode of " inside no 9" and have to say it was a mysterious
    But charming episode, brilliantly written and acted. I really enjoyed it. -{

Thought it was superb -{

Watched it tonight, the ending was very thought provoking :(

Also thought the first episode was good as well.

So far this series is on par with the first {[]

Will watch this evening's episode tomorrow....its a great series...
    YNWA 97
    I'm actually just finishing off the last series of The Walking Dead...love where they've taken this series...'must see' TV -{
    YNWA 97
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Fortitude on Sky Atlantic has been good. Imagine True Detective crossed with The Thing.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Fortitude is another Norwegian location de-location success. Fortitue is obviously supposed to take place on Svalbard, but is filmed on Iceland. Appart from a slip-up that allowed Ex Machina to be partly filmed in this country, the government has been 100% successful in keeping major foreign productions out. :D

Yep, that's the one!

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Have not seen Fortitude myself yet, but those of you who have seen and enjoyed it will be pleased to know (if you don't already) that Sky has confirmed there will be a second series of ten episodes next year.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited April 2015
    I've really got in to The 100, brilliant show. -{

Anyone watch " My big fat Asian wedding" on channel 4 tonight ? The first
    Wedding was at Blenheim Palace.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Insanely compelling documentary series just starting on Sky Atlantic called " Mr Jinx" - just saw the first episode and still reeling. It's not for the faint hearted though.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    The Avengers on True Entertainment (UK) seem to have gone back to B+W Emma Peel era. Amazing how the same regulars show up among the cast list over the years eg Julian Glover, Peter Bowles... That said, currently the cast list seems to be out on the final credits. It seems to be the cast for another episode. ?:)

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I've been watching Daredevil on Netflix. Forget the Ben Affleck film--this is a tough, noir-ish program that unfolds like a rich novel. And Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk--the nickname "Kingpin" really isn't used--is nothing short of brilliant. If you have to take out a Netflix subscription just to see this, it's worth it!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Insanely compelling documentary series just starting on Sky Atlantic called " Mr Jinx" - just saw the first episode and still reeling. It's not for the faint hearted though.

Yes, I've heard of this...it was being talked about on radio 4...the ending is supposed to be mind blowing!

Will def watch/catch up.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Have not seen Fortitude myself yet, but those of you who have seen and enjoyed it will be pleased to know (if you don't already) that Sky has confirmed there will be a second series of ten episodes next year.

I've got the first series all saved, ready to watch in one hit...looking fwd to it B-)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    For the love of cars :
    Great car restoration programme channel 4 at 8pm Sunday night hosted by
    Philip Glenister ( hotly tipped to be the new host of Top Gear) this Sunday
    They are restoring an Aston Martin DBS, like Bond's in OHMSS and The
    Persuaders. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,142MI6 Agent
    For the love of cars :
    Great car restoration programme channel 4 at 8pm Sunday night hosted by
    Philip Glenister ( hotly tipped to be the new host of Top Gear) this Sunday
    They are restoring an Aston Martin DBS, like Bond's in OHMSS and The
    Persuaders. -{

{[] That'll definitely be worth watching. A car that is appreciating more and more every day.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    I'll be watching it as well -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I've been watching Daredevil on Netflix. Forget the Ben Affleck film--this is a tough, noir-ish program that unfolds like a rich novel. And Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk--the nickname "Kingpin" really isn't used--is nothing short of brilliant. If you have to take out a Netflix subscription just to see this, it's worth it!

This past week i've been watching this Daredevil series on Netflix and I agree it's a great show. This is nothing like the other Marvel shows or films. Apart from a couple of scenes it feels more like a very good mob story told over 13 episodes with characters that you get to know very well, it's well written, produced and nearly all the actors are well cast and give terrific performances.

It is a more down to street level show than Marvel has done before. Being on Netflix the producers weren't as restricted with what they could do on screen as is the case with a TV network. The action scenes are gritty and brutal at times and one scene at the end of episode 2 was excellent (I don't want to post a link because of copyright issues but if you do an internet search for 'Daredevil Hallway Fight' you'll get enough results), if this scene had been in a Bond movie I'd be hailing it as one of his best.
    Countdown

Only for Mrs Riley :v
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,142MI6 Agent
    Countdown

Only for Mrs Riley :v

8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown. Miss Riley a little of the leash.. ;) :x
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    I prefer her off the Leash ;) :))
    You have to look like Bill Bailey, to have a chance with her. :D
    My youngest has started watching Friends on comedy central ( they seem to
    be on, 24-7) and I have to say, I'd forgotten how funny it was. :))
    Since we have Freeview, we don't get Comedy Central :#
    I got the " now TV box" for a few extra channels.
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    I got the " now TV box" for a few extra channels.

Check out the box sets section, they have series 2 and 3 of the original Tales of the Unexpected -{
    And also check out the series 'the Tunnel' gripping stuff -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.