Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Just watched the Last episode of Hannibal, another great episode. So
    Sad a fantastic series like this has to end, while other rubbish goes on
    forever. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Just watched the Last episode of Hannibal, another great episode. So
    Sad a fantastic series like this has to end, while other rubbish goes on
    forever. :))

I agree. It was a terrific show, though I was a little disappointed that the second half of the final season was the third dramatization of Harris's novel Red Dragon. I mean, did we need another?

As for me, I just finished with another good Netflix series, Narcos, a ten-episode docudrama about the rise of Pablo Escobar. It's well-acted and interesting, but flawed by some dopey voice-over narration by the lead DEA agent. Also, about 75% of each episode is in Spanish. . .pero mi español no es bueno, y no puedo entender el acento colombiano. Thank God for subtitles!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Is Hannibal over then? I have the first season on DVD but I'm too afraid to watch it! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Is Hannibal over then?

Yep, NBC cancelled it just a few episodes into the third season (low ratings), although they still aired the rest of the episodes, buried on Saturday nights. The producers tried to keep it going--they shopped the series around to Netflix and other outlets, but there were no takers. They're now hoping to make a film.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Is Hannibal over then?

Yep, NBC cancelled it just a few episodes into the third season (low ratings), although they still aired the rest of the episodes, buried on Saturday nights. The producers tried to keep it going--they shopped the series around to Netflix and other outlets, but there were no takers. They're now hoping to make a film.

That's such a shame...but it must cost a fortune to produce :o

I'm halfway through this final series...it's fantastic television -{
    YNWA 97
    The visuals, camera work and editing are
    simply stunning -{ every episode is almost
    a work of art.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    in a nut shell no ,my wife has hijacked the remote control ,weve had strictly come I cant dance
    now shes switched over to X ive got no talent factor ,then she is poised to watch ,im a alleged celebrity get me out of here

some one pass the razor blade 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Is Hannibal over then?

Well that's a real pity. I take it the third season has not been released to DVD yet then? Was it good?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I also have to say that in Hannibal, Gillian Anderson :x
    Looks stunning. I always had a little thing for her since
    The X Files. :)
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Lost is amazing.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I also have to say that in Hannibal, Gillian Anderson :x
    Looks stunning. I always had a little thing for her since
    The X Files. :)

Me too! ;%
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Just finished season 5 of Dexter. It didn't keep
    me as enthralled as the others, it was still good though
    Now for season 6. :)
    C S Lee as Vince Masuka, is a very funny character, in one
    Scene as Dexter's inner narration starts, he in the background
    Has to preform a mime, showing what two guys did to kill each
    other in a sex game. :))
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Third series of Ripper Street finally comes to BBC1 next Friday at 9pm -{
    For those who have seen it on Netflix, is it any good?

Just caught up on the the first two episodes.

Bloody brilliant.Love this show.

God knows what the BBC where thinking when they 'axed' it. Good job Amazon picked it up.

Have been watching the first six episodes over the last few nights and can say this is the best series yet -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Anyone catch the fascinating programme about Gordon Welchman?

Bletchley Park: Code-Breaking’s Forgotten Genius - it was a really good watch and probably available on catch up if missed.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:

Bletchley Park: Code-Breaking’s Forgotten Genius - it was a really good watch and probably available on catch up if missed.

I've recorded it.Hope to watch it in the next couple of days.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11857734/Robert-Lindsays-Citizen-Smith-to-make-glorious-return-to-politics-and-television.html
    New series of Citizen Smith being made. Can't help feeling the time has past
    For it, as there are no left wing political parties any more, it was perfect for its
    Time, but can't see it working now.
    Hooked on Dexter, finished season 6 and on to 7. :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Hooked on Dexter, finished season 6 and on to 7. :D
    Got therapy?
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    No, but I now have a lovely Knife collection ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    No, but I now have a lovely Knife collection ;)
    Bloody marvelous or just bloody?
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    edited September 2015
    :)) Many of the guys said there was a big fall off in quality in Dexter but
    So far, I haven't really noticed ( season 5, was a bit repetitive ) but 6 was
    Very good. Only 7&8 to go and I'll have to find something else to gorge on.
    Might give " Breaking Bad" a try. ;)
    On UK TV there is a programme still available on BBC iPlayer, Hell Week
    Which started with 29 of the fittest civilians and put them through a shortened
    Training course from six of the world's best special forces units, like the. American
    SEALs and SAS etc. It's very interesting as the instructors also give some reasons
    Why they do what they do, and why ( although it looks crazy) it's all to help the recruits.
    Well worth watching -{ " Special Forces : Ultimate Hell Week"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    I watched most of the first episode of Hunted on Channel 4...really enjoyed it...but some of the people just beg to get caught 8-)
    YNWA 97
    Just noticed that the villain in Dexter 7 is played by Ray Stevenson.
    Who was born in Lisburn, only a few miles from me. -{ he also
    Plays " The Transporter's" Dad in the new film.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Which one is season 7 - the finale with the hot blonde?

Cant remember
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    The one before. It stops at season 8 I think.
    He was also born the same year as me, but obviously
    Not as good looking as me. :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Ah ok. Was not impressed with that season at all! Enjoy!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited September 2015
    I'm already half way through it. :))

Finished Dexter 7, still enjoying it and a few shocking
    Surprises along the way. :D only one season left, I'll
    Be sorry to say goodbye to these characters, they're
    Almost family to me now. ;)
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Finally watched this last night.

Highly recommend it. Had never heard of the guy.All the kudos is usually reserved for Alan Turing but this guy was just as instrumental in Bletchley's success.

Terrible how they were all treated in the end.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I watched most of the first episode of Hunted on Channel 4...really enjoyed it...but some of the people just beg to get caught 8-)

Just caught this on catch up...interesting pretext.

I kept thinking, well if it was me then I'd do this and this...but as a spectator it's much easier...although my plan would be to get to a location close by and just 'hole up'....although we can never be sure of just how many cameras and cctvs there are around us. :o
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Finally watched this last night.

Highly recommend it. Had never heard of the guy.All the kudos is usually reserved for Alan Turing but this guy was just as instrumental in Bletchley's success.

Terrible how they were all treated in the end.

Indeed...shocking to think what they did for our country and only to be treated in such a manner afterwards. At least the stories are being told now...even if it is 40 years too late :#