Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    What would Jason Bourne do ? ........ ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Finished Dexter and agree that the last episode is a disappointment. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    http://www.vulture.com/2015/09/nbc-is-developing-a-gay-remake-of-hart-to-hart.html
    Heard this on the radio today, Hart to Hart is being remade,
    This time as a gay couple.
    Still watching : Special Forces Ultimate Hell Week
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b069ccw0
    In which civilian recruits are put through some intensive training by
    Six of the world's top special forces. It's really interesting to see the
    Different types of training and hearing the explanations as to why it's done,
    What it's supposed to bring out in an individual.
    Some women take part, even though it is pointed out that no special forces
    Units recruit females, not even the Israeli military, as ( sorry girls) they are
    Seen as being too weak.
    Although this did get me wondering if any of the world's Police armed
    Response units use female officers ?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    The Met has loads of females running around with guns in the armed response units , diplomatic protection group etc. If you watch the Lee Rigby footage there was a couple of female response officers there. No discrimination. ... :v

I'm really enjoying 'Special Forces Ultimate Hell Week'. Really interesting to see which characters survive and very interesting to see them do great one day and atrocious the next!

Still laugh overtime Freddie Flintoff describes himself as an elite athlete at the beginning. He played cricket for goodness sake. I'd have been more impressed if he was doing it with them ;)
    :)) Yes Freddie may have been an elite, drinker and party animal in his
    day but Athlete ? :D
    I'm really interested in the reasons the instructors give for why seemingly
    Crazy training exercises work to build team work etc. -{ a very interesting
    Programme. Once again proving it's the determination of the individual that
    Leads to success, if you've got your mind right, you can achieve anything. {[]
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    Still watching : Special Forces Ultimate Hell Week
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b069ccw0
    In which civilian recruits are put through some intensive training by
    Six of the world's top special forces. It's really interesting to see the
    Different types of training and hearing the explanations as to why it's done,
    What it's supposed to bring out in an individual.
    Some women take part, even though it is pointed out that no special forces
    Units recruit females, not even the Israeli military, as ( sorry girls) they are
    Seen as being too weak.
    Although this did get me wondering if any of the world's Police armed
    Response units use female officers ?

I have earlier mentioned that Norway has trained their first fermale special forces soldiers this year. What I didn't know then was that the US have some (Cultural Support Teams) and two women graduated from Army Ranger School this year. In Britain there are female operators in the Special Reconnaissance Regiment. There are also women in several Israeli special forces units. There are also a few women in South Korean special forces units and probably a few other countries around the world.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Storyville on BBC 4 last night...about James Randi and his life and quest about bringing the 'psychic' charlatans to task...superb stuff -{
    YNWA 97
    Yes great show, I watched it the last time it was screened. -{
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Storyville on BBC 4 last night...about James Randi and his life and quest about bringing the 'psychic' charlatans to task...superb stuff -{

Hmmm--I may have seen that on Netflix as "An Honest Liar." Whether it's the same show or not, the subject is fascinating!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Late to the party for the American TV show 'Blacklist,' but my girlfriend and I are enjoying this one very much. James Spader is clearly having a ball.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Hmmm--I may have seen that on Netflix as "An Honest Liar." Whether it's the same show or not, the subject is fascinating!

It looks like the same program...it really does make you wonder how people still believe this claptrap...I'd love to meet James Randi...he seems an incredible individual... -{
    YNWA 97
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    The second season of "Gotham" has started, with an apparently bigger role for "Jerome"--AKA the Future Joker. I'm happy.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Roger Moore on the One Show.
    BBC1 now!
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    So, hunted.

Note to self, if I'm ever on the run... DON'T call anyone! Or withdraw any money from an ATM! Also, avoid public transport... :D

Some of these people on the show are doing my head in.. I mean, if you've signed up to be a 'fugitive' - surely you would keep radio silence... but no. Idiots!

Watched 'Going Clear - a prison of belief' last night on Sky Atlantic. I have a strange obsession with Scientology... and I've watched most shows that talk about this cult. Interesting stuff... and just proves what a controlling, idiotic and unbelievable 'religion' this is.... fascinating stuff as told by former members!

Also, if anyone is interested... the show that Charmed & Dangerous and I talked about... The Jinx: The life and times of Robert Durst - is being repeated on Sky Atlantic - starting Monday 28th Sept, at 9.00pm. It really is worth a watch. Stick with it, as the first 2 episodes are a bit gory, but it calms down and it really is a story of note.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    I watched " Going Clear" tonight, a fascinating documentary. :)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    We have the classic film,The Towering Inferno ,on today starring probably the worlds 2 most beautiful men (I know that sounds a bit gay) but hey who cares ,Newman and Mcqueen ,plus the man from UNCLEs very own Robert Vaughan ,it cant get any better :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Sounds like one for TP's Man Cave :))

Paul Newman was beautiful. Never saw the attraction with McQueen though.
    I also think for the early 70s, that film was so expensive to make, it
    Was the first time two of the big studios made a film together.
    Okay, a bit late to the party, but I watched the first episode of 'Legends' last night.

Blimey, Sean Bean is good... shame he's such a w*nker in real life... I think this is going to be a good series.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Okay, a bit late to the party, but I watched the first episode of 'Legends' last night.

Blimey, Sean Bean is good... shame he's such a w*nker in real life... I think this is going to be a good series.

LEGENDS is cracking stuff, wonderfully carried by Bean. Highlight of last autumn, along with THE MISSING. Looking forward to series two of both.

But if I gave a damn what actors were like in real life, I'd never watch a thing ;) And that includes a lot of the Bonds... :o ;)
    Lexi wrote:

LEGENDS is cracking stuff, wonderfully carried by Bean. Highlight of last autumn, along with THE MISSING. Looking forward to series two of both.

But if I gave a damn what actors were like in real life, I'd never watch a thing ;) And that includes a lot of the Bonds... :o ;)

The Missing was excellent! Probably the best drama on TV since the first couple of series of Spooks.

Be interesting to see what they do for the second one.
    Watching on Netflix, "Death in Paradise", I love this light hearted Murder mystery
    show. It's like Midsommer Murders in the Caribbean. :D
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    I saw the first season of Gotham. The series is very well made, but it's strength is also its weaknes. The series takes place just after Bruce Wayne's parents are killed and the future Batman's enemies and allies are emerging. The young Catwoman, Falcone, commisioner Gordon, The Penguin and many others are interesting, but THEY CAN'T DIE in this series since they will be around when Wayne becomes an adult. As a result the story seems like an eteral fight where no-one dies or truly looses-
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Today it's Top Gear countdown day for the last episode shown at 20:15.
    so Top Gear for the entire day - wife couldn't be more annoyed :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    :)) I'm still watching old episodes on Dave.
    Did anyone see Clarkson on 'Have I Got News For You?' last night?

I thought he'd have had a much harder time than he did.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Did anyone see Clarkson on 'Have I Got News For You?' last night?

I thought he'd have had a much harder time than he did.

Well, Osman made a **** of himself by pretty much continuously flogging essentially the same joke.

Yep, Dick, we all know the moral reason the Beeb sacked Clarkson (even though, oddly, it doesn't stop them showing TOP GEAR repeats on Beebs 2 & 3...), we get that Clarkson's come out of it quids in. We now also know that's you're riddled with jealousy.

But , Dick, you are still very well employed by the Beeb.
    I like Richard Osman but I thought he was a bit ridiculous and repetitive.

I follow him on Twitter and before the show aired he said they had had a blast filming but he had no idea what would be in the final edit. Another person (who I got the impression was at the filming) then said that the edit made him look 'catty' so maybe it was just poorly put together.

Still, Clarkson is big boy and I'm sure he expected a much harder time than he got.
    I've just watched it and Richard Osman does come across as a bit of
    A Beeb Stooge. :D