Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Why anyone would want to work for Lord Sugar remains a mystery to me. :#

That isn't the prize anymore....you get money for your business...
    YNWA 97
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I watch it because I love seeing some of these really arrogant, yet stupid
    people foul up badly, :D wrong of me I know. :))

And to see who's going to throw who under the bus. Its almost Gladiatorial.

I also watch it for the catchy one liners ...

'Money made is money saved' and 'I'm the Godfather of business.I'm gonna make Lord Sugar an offer he can't refuse'.

I literally spend the hour shouting obscenities at the TV everytime one of them opens their mouths. .... obviously I'll be watching the whole series :)) :))

More massive fishcakes please ;)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Ive been watching this documentary about witches /witch craft ect ,hoping to see the mother-in -law on it :) ,
    but any way ,how thousands of innocent people were tortured ,and put to death on a mere accusation with no evidence was just mind boggling ,"now ,we are going to ram things up your botty,if you die then you are not a witch ,if you live then you are a witch,then we will burn you to death, :s
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Ah! Religion. 8-)
    I love the old quote about to get a bad man to do evil takes little, but
    To get a good man to do evil, you need religion ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I loved the apprentice for about the first 2 series then it got stupidly repetitive and the tasks were lazily rehashed etc hence never bothered with it again
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    "now ,we are going to ram things up your botty,if you die then you are not a witch ,if you live then you are a witch,then we will burn you to death, :s

Hmm could be useful for Bond 25 when 007 is next captured
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    With the apprentice, I love all the middle management speak. :))
    Humans don't talk like that ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Why anyone would want to work for Lord Sugar remains a mystery to me. :#

That isn't the prize anymore....you get money for your business...

Oh, I see. Shows how long it's been since I last watched it! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Ah! Religion. 8-)
    I love the old quote about to get a bad man to do evil takes little, but
    To get a good man to do evil, you need religion ! ;)

Yes, just look at Mao, Pol Pot and Stalin :v
    Simply replace a fanatical political belief with fanatical religious belief ;)
    They're interchangeable. :D best way to live is, just try to be a nice person. {[]
    Does anyone here watch 'First Dates' on Channel 4?

Its become my favourite programme. It makes me laugh and horrified in equal measure :))
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Does anyone here watch 'First Dates' on Channel 4?

Its become my favourite programme. It makes me laugh and horrified in equal measure :))

Ah yes I watch First Dates sometimes Lady Rose. I like it as well. It's the old romantic in me. I watched a celebrity special last week with Anthea Turner.
    I may get some tips on what to say on a first date or watching it sometimes what NOT to say on a first date. :))
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    The celebrity one was good fun.

Its very well done. Some real cringe worthy moments and some 'argh' moments too when the nervous and those lacking in confidence get a date. It's feel good TV.
    Just spotted what looks to be three very interesting programmes on Wednesday 28th October on BBC4.......
    20.00 - 21.00 Premium Bond with Mark Gatiss. "Mark Gatiss and Matthew Sweet ponder the James Bonds we've seen on screen since Dr No in 1962 and raise a martini in honour of their premium Bond".
    21.00 - 22.00 Looking for Mr Bond. "The BBC opens up it's vaults to reveal the forgotten files on the world's most famous secret agent. Featuring rare and candid interviews with all six actors to play 007".
    22.00 - 23.00 .... Sings Bond. "Performances of Bond theme tunes from the BBC archives featuring Tina Turner, Dame Shirley Bassey, Matt Monro, Adele, Sheena Easton, Garbage and A-ha".
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    Looks good {[]
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Just spotted what looks to be three very interesting programmes on Wednesday 28th October on BBC4.......
    20.00 - 21.00 Premium Bond with Mark Gatiss. "Mark Gatiss and Matthew Sweet ponder the James Bonds we've seen on screen since Dr No in 1962 and raise a martini in honour of their premium Bond".
    21.00 - 22.00 Looking for Mr Bond. "The BBC opens up it's vaults to reveal the forgotten files on the world's most famous secret agent. Featuring rare and candid interviews with all six actors to play 007".
    22.00 - 23.00 .... Sings  Bond. "Performances of Bond theme tunes from the BBC archives featuring Tina Turner, Dame Shirley Bassey, Matt Monro, Adele, Sheena Easton, Garbage and A-ha".

Wowsers! Thanks. I'll be recording those for sure! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Bond Girls Are Forever is on tonight 10.20 ITV. -{
    Ben Whishaw's spy drama begins on 9th November on BBC 2. The BBC usually
    do spy dramas very well. So I'm looking forward to this and it's got one hell of a
    Cast in it. -{
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,222MI6 Agent
    Fargo season 2 is excellent - keeping up the standard of the brilliant first season.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Just a reminder that the new Ben Whishaw spy drama " London Spy" starts tonight
    on bbc 2 at 21:00. -{
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Just a quick question. Is the TV show Spooks any good? For anyone that has took the time to check them out.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
    I was a big fan of the show, brilliant series, I'd highly recommend it. -{
    Anyone watching ' SAS Who Dares Wins' ?

I enjoyed the Freddie Flintoff one but this is so much better!!
    Really enjoyd Freddies show but haven't seen any of the SAS one on
    channel 4.
    I'd love to know if Asp9mm has been watching it.

I think it's because it's been relentless that's has made it intriguing and the instructors have done everything and more the participants have done.

Well worth a watch.
    Just watched SAS who dares wins, very good -{ Tough guys.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Robbo88 wrote:
    Just a quick question. Is the TV show Spooks any good? For anyone that has took the time to check them out.

Yes, brilliant series, although the last season is rubbish. :#
    Just a reminder that the new Ben Whishaw spy drama " London Spy" starts tonight
    on bbc 2 at 21:00. -{

Got it on Sky +, it's had good reviews.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Is anyone watching Ash vs Evil Dead? It's not out here in the UK, so I've been watching it online, and even though I'm not a huge fan of the movies, I gotta say this series is really good!
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Chrisisall, posted the trailer for it. I'll definitely be watching if it gets picked up
    by Netflix etc. I love Bruce Campbell, even when playing a villain ( Icebreaker)
    Lately I've been watching box sets of Jonathan Creek on Netflix. Always loved
    the show but, forgot how good it was. -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Got around to watching The Dresser that was on tv last week...it starred Ian McKellen and Anthony Hopkins...
    McKellen was on brilliant form - a real tour-de-force performance - a master at the top of his profession -{
    YNWA 97