SPECTRE Product Placement

Comments

• HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    thanks, welshie -{
    I'll definitely check it out tomorrow!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    ...so what to folk think of the sabre one then....? £160

Anyone getting one of those?
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    There's this bottle as well and I am totally confused on how many different versions of bottles they have ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) 4?

I ordered the regular version and still awaiting for Silver Saber. I have thought about order this one but $325 is just too much for me.

https://moet-hennessy-collection.com.au/belvedere-vodka/007-silver-sabre/1750ml/1066833.html?utm_source=%7B2%7D_email&utm_medium=storefront_email&utm_campaign=back_in_stock_email&utm_content=product
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Any UK residents after the Belevedere spectre cocktail shaker you can get it here www.urban-drinks.co.uk , 31dover are not getting it and they told me Belevedere are not realising it in the UK !! can you believe that , retail madness :s
    Mind you I have to wait about 3 weeks
    007 reporting for duty
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Has anyone in the US had any luck finding the Bollinger champagne? I've tried a couple places online but they are UK based and won't ship to the US. I'd love to get my hands on one, if they are available in the US.
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    cyclones122,

The Bollinger has arrived in the States. I just picked up a bottle in DC today. If you live in a State that allows shipping of wine, you can order it online and have it delivered. Check out http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/bollinger+la+grand+annee+brut+james+bond+007+edition+champagne+france/2009 for some websites. Wine.com has some for some states as well: http://www.wine.com/v6/Bollinger-James-Bond-007-Spectre-Limited-Edition-2009/wine/148219/Detail.aspx?state=CA . Just change the State at the top to see if it's available in your State. Happy Hunting.
    edited October 2015
    available in Germany: official SPECTRE puzzles :D

image.jpg
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    From the Financial Times.

The clandestine nature of Ian Fleming's fantastical MI6 is nothing compared to the secrecy surrounding the business of James Bond the brand. Daniel Craig and the high-end menswear labels that clothe him on screen are filling fashion magazines and blogs right now, as the Spectre publicity machine accelerates to turbo speed. But no one wants to talk about what lubricates the machinery.

The FULL article.
    The business of clothing James Bond
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/2b7cfb78-517e-11e5-b029-b9d50a74fd14.html#slide0
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • MrBeechMrBeech Denver, COPosts: 57MI6 Agent
    I just received word from ReserveBar that there's been a delay in shipping the Silver Saber bottle. Apparently they were supposed to get it today to start shipping but now they're saying they won't receive product until the end of the month. Bummer but as long as it EVENTUALLY arrives I'm ok with it.

In the meantime I traveled out to the burbs to hit up an alcohol megastore and finally managed to find the shaker and the more easily found SPECTRE bottles in person. Vespers were had...and it was a good night. :)

-{ -{
    Yes...considerably...
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    I bought the Belvedere shaker set as a hostess gift for my Bond girl friend who hosts a party for each JB film. It is definitely going to be the hit of the party. The one slightly misleading thing from the adverts is that the vodka bottle itself doesn't have any Spectre/007 markings - there is a plastic tube between the two halves of the shaker that has those markings. But the shaker itself is actually usable. I gave it my best Vesper shake whilst washing it out (so that it can be put into service immediately at the party) and absolutely no leakage, which beats some standalone shakers I've bought in the past.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    According to Henry Barnes in The Guardian. There is good news for those peeved by 007 drinking a beer in Skyfall, Spectre is subtle in its product placement.

James Bond fans need not fear Spectre of product placement
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/22/james-bond-spectre-product-placement
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Hey, Bond has saved the world far too many times and fought some
    of the world's most dangerous villains, if he wants to unwind with a
    Beer, fair play to him Me thinks ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I've seen the movie twice now and I really have to ask - where exactly is Bond drinking Belvedere vodka? He clearly enjoys a Heineken in the l'Americain (the Heineken label is pretty damn good visible) but there was no sign of Belvedere in the whole movie - or did I miss something? The bottle he founds hidden in the room looks very much like a 0.7 Belvedere bottle but there was no label on it if I'm correct!
  • TheNextLeiterTheNextLeiter TexasPosts: 190MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    I've seen the movie twice now and I really have to ask - where exactly is Bond drinking Belvedere vodka? He clearly enjoys a Heineken in the l'Americain (the Heineken label is pretty damn good visible) but there was no sign of Belvedere in the whole movie - or did I miss something? The bottle he founds hidden in the room looks very much like a 0.7 Belvedere bottle but there was no label on it if I'm correct!

I think he had a bottle on his coffee table in his flat.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    MrZareba wrote:

A lot more subtle than, say, Smirnoff in TND ;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    MrZareba wrote:

A lot more subtle than, say, Smirnoff in TND ;)

Subtle indeed! I wasn't looking there because basing on the trailer I was sure a Macallan 18yo was standing there? :# But since his flat has been mentioned, may I just point out that Bond doesn't even have a bed if I'm correct! So I guess he's sleeping on his sofa? O.o
    he is drinking Belvedere when he searches the room in l'americain. he offfers it to madeleine, too.
    MrZareba wrote:

He was drinking Belvedere at l'Americain. He quoted saying "inherited" before chugging down while Swann was sipping the wine.
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    he is drinking Belvedere when he searches the room in l'americain. he offfers it to madeleine, too.

Correct :)).

It's a tough spot but you can tell by the frosted glass look.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
    Robbo88 wrote:

But the bottl has no label and as far I know the label on the Belvedere is engraved, it's not a sticker ?:)
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    Robbo88 wrote:

But the bottl has no label and as far I know the label on the Belvedere is engraved, it's not a sticker ?:)

I think they want it to look old. As it apparently has been behind a wall for a long time. Maybes it's meant to look weathered?

That's my bottle below. Obviously in the movie they won't have the 007 logo etc. From what I remember it has the frosted glass look and the long neck at the top. They removed everything else on it. But just enough to recognise it.

DSC_0224.jpg
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    In the movie the bottle def has markings in the middle section but very faint. I think its def Belvedere but made to look aged
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    I saw the film again today, and near the end of the credits where it lists companies who supplied products, it mentions S. T. Dupont. I know they've done a range of promotional lighters and stuff, but did they supply anything that appeared in the actual film?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Pens maybe? SPECTRE meeting
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Perhaps I've built up such a tolerance that I've grown blind to it, but product branding seemed a bit more subtle to me in SP. I mean, we have Sony Vaios, of course, the Aston and the Omega watch...but Heineken and Belvedere seemed low profile.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    With Bond product placement nowadays you probably need to pay more and your products is shown less than it used to...
    Jag wrote:
    With Bond product placement nowadays you probably need to pay more and your products is shown less than it used to...

I'm sure that's true...luxury brands like Omega build marketing campaigns around the Bond films...and you know you have clout when Aston creates a non-production car for you :007)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I don't know if this is true but watching a YouTube video on Bond facts. It
    stated that Daniel Craig gets a new Aston, for life ?
    If true, that's a sweet deal. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I know Brozzer had a Vantage V12...but it was lost in a house fire :# ---burned inside the garage.