SPECTRE Product Placement

1789101113»

Comments

• SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    I don't know if this is true but watching a YouTube video on Bond facts. It
    stated that Daniel Craig gets a new Aston, for life ?
    If true, that's a sweet deal. :D

Nah, his missus bought him a red convertible V12 Vantage. There's pics on the net of him taking delivery at their home in North London.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I know Brozzer had a Vantage V12...but it was lost in a house fire :# ---burned inside the garage.

I thought Brosnan had a Vanquish? Just like the one they used in DAD (without those silly gadgets of course) -{
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    MrZareba wrote:
    I know Brozzer had a Vantage V12...but it was lost in a house fire :# ---burned inside the garage.

I thought Brosnan had a Vanquish? Just like the one they used in DAD (without those silly gadgets of course) -{

Yeah, I'm sure you're right ;% I can never keep the models straight.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent

Surely it was insured though?
    Jag wrote:
    With Bond product placement nowadays you probably need to pay more and your products is shown less than it used to...

I'm sure that's true...luxury brands like Omega build marketing campaigns around the Bond films...and you know you have clout when Aston creates a non-production car for you :007)

Absolutely, but I don't quite understand the point in having a non-production car in the movie. It makes more sense to place a product that you can actually sell to the public, like Omega does.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It may be a way of showing Astons design trajectory for
    the next few years ? As I think the DB10 looks much sleeker
    and less " muscle car" like, its lines are more elegant, in my
    opinion at least. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • TecoloteTecolote Mississippi,USAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    What about the Sig P226 Bond shows to Swann and mentions by name( and which isn't seen again)?
    Did Sig Sauer pay for that?
    Tecolote wrote:
    What about the Sig P226 Bond shows to Swann and mentions by name( and which isn't seen again)?
    Did Sig Sauer pay for that?

And quite a bit too!
    It may be a way of showing Astons design trajectory for
    the next few years ? As I think the DB10 looks much sleeker
    and less " muscle car" like, its lines are more elegant, in my
    opinion at least. :)

Probably right; a 'concept car.'
    Jag wrote:

Surely it was insured though?

I'm sure it was...but I believe it was a gift from Broccoli and Wilson, and probably irreplaceable from a sentimental standpoint (engraved plaque on the dashboard, or some such).
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    Jag wrote:
    With Bond product placement nowadays you probably need to pay more and your products is shown less than it used to...

I'm sure that's true...luxury brands like Omega build marketing campaigns around the Bond films...and you know you have clout when Aston creates a non-production car for you :007)

Absolutely, but I don't quite understand the point in having a non-production car in the movie. It makes more sense to place a product that you can actually sell to the public, like Omega does.

I believe it's supposed to be a so-called "Halo" car.

"A flagship car produced in limited numbers or with low sales expectations in order to generate public appeal for the brand. The term comes from the halo effect."
  • Penfold HeartPenfold Heart Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Jag wrote:

"A flagship car produced in limited numbers or with low sales expectations in order to generate public appeal for the brand. The term comes from the halo effect."

Interesting, can't actually say that I liked the car though. It does not look as good as any of the previous Bond Aston Martins.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Jag wrote:

Interesting, can't actually say that I liked the car though. It does not look as good as any of the previous Bond Aston Martins.

I thought the Vanquish was the low point in Aston Martin looks. The invisibility cloak was appropriate considering this car's looks. :D
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

I thought Brosnan had a Vanquish?

How could you tell? It was invisible! :D
    Matt S wrote:
    I thought the Vanquish was the low point in Aston Martin looks. The invisibility cloak was appropriate considering this car's looks. :D

Yeah, well it was the sports version of the DB7 and that's a car I wouldn't thank you for even if you gave one to me for free!

That said, those Brosnan era Vanquish's have a lot of affection amongst the Aston Martin Works staff when they've had them in for servicing when I've visited.
    Skippy wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Yeah, well it was the sports version of the DB7 and that's a car I wouldn't thank you for even if you gave one to me for free!

That said, those Brosnan era Vanquish's have a lot of affection amongst the Aston Martin Works staff when they've had them in for servicing when I've visited.

Oh, I'd gladly take the DB7. The old Vanquish was just so bulbous, and it had ugly doorhandles.
    Matt S wrote:
    Oh, I'd gladly take the DB7. The old Vanquish was just so bulbous, and it had ugly doorhandles.

Ewww! Come on Matt! :o The DB7 looks a crappy XKR Jag *VOMIT*
  • MrBeechMrBeech Denver, COPosts: 57MI6 Agent
    Finally got the Belvedere Silver Saber! Took long enough but it's a beautiful bottle!
    -{ -{

IMG_3660.jpg
    Yes...considerably...
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Very cool!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Penfold HeartPenfold Heart Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Skippy wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

I actually really liked the vanquish, it was agressive looking, but still with classic Aston styling.

The DB10 looks too stubby, angular and generic for me, it is and extremely bland looking thing. it's almost like they took some design cues from the Jaguar F-Type, the similarities are definitely there.

Which is unusual, because Jaguar usually seem to take design cues from Aston, not the other way around.
    Matt S wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

I actually really liked the vanquish, it was agressive looking, but still with classic Aston styling.

The DB10 looks too stubby, angular and generic for me, it is and extremely bland looking thing. it's almost like they took some design cues from the Jaguar F-Type, the similarities are definitely there.

Which is unusual, because Jaguar usually seem to take design cues from Aston, not the other way around.

Bland, generic cars from Aston Martin!?! ...Welcome to what happens when you take a global prestige performance sports car company and put the former CEO of Nissan in charge X-(
    Skippy wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Bland, generic cars from Aston Martin!?! ...Welcome to what happens when you take a global prestige performance sports car company and put the former CEO of Nissan in charge X-(

Aston Martin set the bar low with the original Virage. The DB10 may not be the DB5, the V8 or either DBS, but it's a much better looking car than the Virage ever was. And I still think it looks better than the 2002 Vanquish, which looks unrefined.
  • MinSpyMinSpy Saratoga NY, USAPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    For anyone looking for the limited edition Belvedere bottle in the USA I got an email from www.blackwellswines.com

In stock are the Belvedere 007 750 ml & 1.75 Litre “Spectre” bottles.

Belvedere Vodka 007 Spectre Edition 750 ml, $26 (15 left)
    Belvedere Vodka 007 Spectre Edition 1.75L, $65 (three left)

Belvedere Vodka 007 1.75L Silver Sabre Limited Edition (Light up bottle), $160
    http://www.blackwellswines.com/products/belvedere-007-1-75l-silver-sabre-limited-edition?utm_source=SPIRITS&utm_campaign=cf1a72b2d4-Belvedere_Silver_sabre11_16_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6bc9e21d31-cf1a72b2d4-289768161&mc_cid=cf1a72b2d4&mc_eid=cb71c80c2d
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    I think I've answered my own question from an earlier post, about S T Dupont's mention in the credits. I've seen the film again, and after Bond bangs Monica Bellucci, he writes something on a bit of paper, with what I suspect to be a S T Dupont pen. It's a rollerball in silver and black, and looks very similar to other S T Dupont pens I've seen before.