SPECTRE Product Placement

Comments

• MrBeechMrBeech Denver, COPosts: 57MI6 Agent
    Vicsane007 wrote:
    Mine just arrived today.
    20150919_132311.jpg

20150919_132947.jpg

Did you end up ordering that from the ReserveBar website? I ask because I ordered mine last week and haven't heard anything from them since. My order is on the website but nothing has changed regarding the status. I'm wondering if they're waiting to send anything until the silver saber bottles come in.

-{ -{
    Yes...considerably...
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    I'm not planning to buy one, but honestly I haven't seen the limited edition bottles anywhere in Krakow - which is kinda weird because it's a huge city. However, since Zyrardow is closer to Warsaw maybe they have plenty of them...

Maybe in Poland they regard it as crap (like the aussies regard Fosters) :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    welshboy78 wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:
    I'm not planning to buy one, but honestly I haven't seen the limited edition bottles anywhere in Krakow - which is kinda weird because it's a huge city. However, since Zyrardow is closer to Warsaw maybe they have plenty of them...

We definitely don't regard Belvedere as crap, as it's always on the top shelf in every single "Gescheft" :)) However an avarage Pole just can't afford it so it's definitely a super luxurious alcohol over here. I never tried it because a few years ago my over-posh ex was a fan of it just because of it's price, so I've read some reviews back then and turned out it wasn't worth the price... But since Smirnoff Black became utter sh*t to be honest I might consider buying a bottle one day and give it a try. -{
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

We definitely don't regard Belvedere as crap, as it's always on the top shelf in every single "Gescheft" :)) However an avarage Pole just can't afford it so it's definitely a super luxurious alcohol over here. I never tried it because a few years ago my over-posh ex was a fan of it just because of it's price, so I read some review back then and turned out it wasn't worth the price... But since Smirnoff Black became utter sh*t to be honest I might consider buying a bottle one day and give it a try. -{

I really like Belvedere but my favourite vodka is Chopin.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    I've heard some good words about Chopin -{ Currently Chopin, Belvedere and Grey Goose are pretty much on the same level as some people say.

By the way I have to admit that it kinda feels weirdly satisfying that finally something Polish will be promoted in a movie of this scale. Many say that the current Belvedere has nothing to do with the Polish business because it's owned by Louis Vuitton as far as I know, but the truth is that every single bottle is still made in Żyrardów. Same way as Rolls-Royce is as English as it gets - it's just the owner that's German.

But by the way - Belvedere is described as very soft, personally I can't imagine vodka being soft in any way. Is it really that different in comparison to Smirnoff Black for instance?
    MrZareba wrote:
    Many say that the current Belvedere has nothing to do with the Polish business because it's owned by Louis Vuitton as far as I know,

Interesting if true!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    MrZareba wrote:
    I've heard some good words about Chopin -{ Currently Chopin, Belvedere and Grey Goose are pretty much on the same level as some people say.

By the way I have to admit that it kinda feels weirdly satisfying that finally something Polish will be promoted in a movie of this scale. Many say that the current Belvedere has nothing to do with the Polish business because it's owned by Louis Vuitton as far as I know, but the truth is that every single bottle is still made in Żyrardów. Same way as Rolls-Royce is as English as it gets - it's just the owner that's German.

But by the way - Belvedere is described as very soft, personally I can't imagine vodka being soft in any way. Is it really that different in comparison to Smirnoff Black for instance?

I find Grey Goose has an oily taste/feel so I don't like it. I don't know why it's so popular. I think it's due more to advertising than a quality product.

I've never tried Smirnoff Black so I can't compare, but Belvedere is very smooth and light. Very similar to Chopin. Chopin I find even smoother and velvety.

Another very good premium vodka is Slava.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I recently started making my own Limoncello using vodka. Wonder if using Chopin would make it noticeably better than the cheap variety I'm using, but I doubt it... :))
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    Why did you get that shaker from ? Can you order in the UK
    Vicsane007 wrote:
    Mine just arrived today.
    20150919_132311.jpg

20150919_132947.jpg

I ordered the smallest bottle but they mistakenly send me with the shaker and the bottle inside isn't a Spectre edition :#

I ordered from reservebar.com

I am from the states.
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
    MrBeech wrote:
    Vicsane007 wrote:
    Mine just arrived today.
    20150919_132311.jpg

20150919_132947.jpg

Did you end up ordering that from the ReserveBar website? I ask because I ordered mine last week and haven't heard anything from them since. My order is on the website but nothing has changed regarding the status. I'm wondering if they're waiting to send anything until the silver saber bottles come in.

-{ -{

Yes indeed! I haven't received the Silver Sable bottles yet. I think they will ship out beginning of October.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

I find Grey Goose has an oily taste/feel so I don't like it. I don't know why it's so popular.

Maybe it's due to fusel oil on the surface of the vodka. Have you tried sprinkling a few grains of pepper on the surface to sink the oil to the bottom of the glass? :D :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent

I find Grey Goose has an oily taste/feel so I don't like it. I don't know why it's so popular.

Maybe it's due to fusel oil on the surface of the vodka. Have you tried sprinkling a few grains of pepper on the surface to sink the oil to the bottom of the glass? :D :007)

Wasn't the trick only meant to work on Russian vodka??? 8-)
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    anyone on here ordered a spectre shaker from the UK ? can't find one anywhere
    Reserveabar don't deliver to Uk :#
    Always amazes me these promotional stuff , never easy just to simply buy it
    007 reporting for duty
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    anyone on here ordered a spectre shaker from the UK ? can't find one anywhere
    Reserveabar don't deliver to Uk :#
    Always amazes me these promotional stuff , never easy just to simply buy it
    I got one from ReserveBar and I live in Germany :p
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    That Heineken commercial is f***ing epic! :D :D :D Honestly, not even comparable to that crappy Belvedere one!
    MrZareba wrote:
    That Heineken commercial is f***ing epic! :D :D :D Honestly, not even comparable to that crappy Belvedere one!

what commercial??? link?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    MrZareba wrote:

what commercial??? link?

Post 252. ;)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuMvhJaWIUg

SO much better than the Belvedere one...agreed.
    Haha - Nick Nack shoved into the ad too!!! :D
    yes great spot!!! like the longer hair on Craig, too!
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Love the Heineken ad and Heineken girl! :))

Somebody more savvy than me might be able to freeze frame the shoes and cuff links as he jumps into the boat...
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    By the way, there are three different versions of the commercial...all worth watching...1:30, 1:00, and :30
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,612Chief of Staff
    MrZareba wrote:

I'm not keen on it at all...it doesn't even look like Craig for 99% of the time :o
    YNWA 97
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

it doesn't even look like Craig for 99% of the time :o

That's probably because he looks so good!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

He never has looked so good as Bond, when he isn't a stuntman in this commercial. I don't understand what the opposition to giving Craig a good hairstyle in the Bond films is.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,331MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

I'm not keen on it at all...it doesn't even look like Craig for 99% of the time :o

The whole thing's a Roger Moore throwback, up to and including rear projection and obvious stunt doubles! :))
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

He never has looked so good as Bond, when he isn't a stuntman in this commercial. I don't understand what the opposition to giving Craig a good hairstyle in the Bond films is.

The commercial is great! But in the promotion still posted on JB Lifestyle DC's hair doesn't look good, it looks like a syrup!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

The whole thing's a Roger Moore throwback, up to and including rear projection and obvious stunt doubles! :))

I don't think Craig would have done all that anyway, at least not for short of a couple million pounds.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    how does Craig simply say the word 'lunch?' make me smile so much?! :))

It wasn't even funny, it just made me grin ear to ear!

Out of all the bonds, Nick Nack makes an appearance - I remember back in skyfall it was Dr. No. Would've loved to see Scaramanga or Mr. Big or baron samedi