Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    I can't recommend the Henry's enough. They are terrific.
    image.jpg
    The 52's ? As long as DC wears them on screen, and it doesnt hit the cut room floor, it must be these as the other 2 colourways are very different...

Unlike the Snowdons where the Shiny black / havannas look very similar.
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    My Matchless in a bigger size is arriving today and I'm in NY working until late this week. :# I will say it is a little frustrating having to pay duties on both the original jacket returned as well as the new jacket. No fault of Matchless just me kicking myself for ordering the wrong size initially.
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Do we have any new info, or screens on the Lake/Mr White blue jacket? I've been searching and searching, and I find the biggest issue is the designers label that style jacket differently; bomber, flight, moto, biker-style for the same style of coat... Makes it very difficult to locate.
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Can anyone give me their opinion of the Crockett & Jones Tetbury & Northcote boots? Are they comfortable enough to spend most of the day on your feet (12-18 hours) while wearing them? I'm thinking of grabbing a pair while here in NYC. Thanks!
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,127MI6 Agent
    I have to say my Tetbury's are fantastic! They are by far the best and most comfortable boots I have ever owned. They required no breaking in whatsoever and have given me no problems either, even when wearing them and walking around London all day.
    Truly excellent boots!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Gordon009 wrote:
    Can anyone give me their opinion of the Crockett & Jones Tetbury & Northcote boots? Are they comfortable enough to spend most of the day on your feet (12-18 hours) while wearing them? I'm thinking of grabbing a pair while here in NYC. Thanks!

I find Dainite soles to take some getting used to. They're stiffer than other rubbers or leather. I can walk about 3 miles non-stop in them at a time before my feet start to get tired, though my feet used to get tired on them much faster when I first started wearing Dainite soles. The rest is all up to how well those boots fit you, which nobody can give you advice on except yourself.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    +1
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    I have to say my Tetbury's are fantastic! They are by far the best and most comfortable boots I have ever owned. They required no breaking in whatsoever and have given me no problems either, even when wearing them and walking around London all day.
    Truly excellent boots!
    007 reporting for duty
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    I can't recommend the Henry's enough. They are terrific.
    image.jpg

They look great!
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Folks

The Boots on the JCrew website are indeed the wrong colour, however, I was in the J Crew store on Regent Street, London, on saturday (the 26th Sep) They had the (correct) Sahara colour in the store, still at £285. The size I saw was US 8. so, there may be a chance that they have these in stores still. There is also a fairly large J Crew store on Sloane Square, London and a smaller boutique on 38 Lambs Conduit Street. If you haven't bagged a pair why not call ahead and see if they have your size. As my previous notes outlined, for UK buyers they run about a half size smaller than the US size, ie Size US 10 fits a UK 9 1/2 / Euro 43. I have been cutting about in my pair for 2 weeks now and they are super comfy. As a last note, I am a huge J Crew fan and J Crew have a very very good customer service record. they also do a "find the product you want in stores" kind of thing, where you can email them or call and ask if they can find an item for you in stores stocks. I have done this on a number of occasions and they have been totally awesome. The email is julie@jcrew.com (it's a generic customer services email address) if you have no luck try this as a last resort.
    PointfiveO wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    k5211 wrote:
    On the subject of shoes, I thought I would give an update on the J Crew kenton boot, the boot IMHO is the Morocco suede boot, based upon the fact that DC has been seen in public on at least three occasions now wearing them cross referenced with the admittedly grainy morocco picture and a reasonable assumption that DC is sticking with a comfy boot he enjoyed wearing. I picked up a pair online at a fair price. I am a UK 9 1/2 Euro 43 and I purchased a US 10. By luck they fit perfectly but only with a thin pair of socks. They are comfortable and light. I have included a stock photo as I can't get the light right at home. If anybody has any questions about the boots I would be glad to help.

morocco_Craig_Large_1200_1800_81_s.jpg

image.jpg

Full_Size_Render.jpg

2_B84679200000578_0_image_m_38_1440075530527_Co.jpg

2_C2_ACBB100000578_3230424_image_a_9_1441957204613.jpg

These boots are currently 30% off at J.Crew.com:

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/Kentonshoes/PRDOVR~C8924/C8924.jsp

Unfortunately excluded from the 30% off promo. :-(
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Nice close up of the JB SPECTRE (tux) cufflinks on James Bond Lifestyle
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:
    Folks

The Boots on the JCrew website are indeed the wrong colour, however, I was in the J Crew store on Regent Street, London, on saturday (the 26th Sep) They had the (correct) Sahara colour in the store, still at £285. The size I saw was US 8. so, there may be a chance that they have these in stores still. There is also a fairly large J Crew store on Sloane Square, London and a smaller boutique on 38 Lambs Conduit Street. If you haven't bagged a pair why not call ahead and see if they have your size. As my previous notes outlined, for UK buyers they run about a half size smaller than the US size, ie Size US 10 fits a UK 9 1/2 / Euro 43. I have been cutting about in my pair for 2 weeks now and they are super comfy. As a last note, I am a huge J Crew fan and J Crew have a very very good customer service record. they also do a "find the product you want in stores" kind of thing, where you can email them or call and ask if they can find an item for you in stores stocks. I have done this on a number of occasions and they have been totally awesome. The email is julie@jcrew.com (it's a generic customer services email address) if you have no luck try this as a last resort.
    PointfiveO wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Unfortunately excluded from the 30% off promo. :-(

I still think the Morocco boots are the Sanders Bertie:

http://www.anthonysinclair.com/Sanders_Sanders_Bertie_Dirty_Buck_Suede_Chukka_p/8763ls.htm

image.jpg

Based on the fact Sanders are supplying the Playboy boot there is a very good chance they are supplying this one also.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    Believe that Sanders has already been dismissed due to the laces
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Cheers for that Welshboy

Indy, any chance of a double coin replica like your Skyfall cufflinks?

image.jpg

image.jpg
    kadd wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Cheers for that Welshboy

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks Like two colour variations, poss more with other suits
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 448MI6 Agent
    Ummm, these...

image.jpg

…look nothing like these…

2_B84679200000578_0_image_m_38_1440075530527_Co.jpg

?:)
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    I think Bond_James_Bond is trying to say that the airport boots and the Morocco boots might not be the same. I personally think there is good evidence that this might be true. If you look at the picture below, it looks like we can see the top of the Morocco boot. It looks like it cuts off at the ankle. The JCrew boot appears to go higher up the leg than that. Would love some feedback on this, as I am not very good at judging these sort of things.

Screenshot_9.jpg

If the airport boots are not the same as the Morocco boot, the Sanders are a pretty good guess due to the use of Sanders in the JV outfit. The color looks a little different, but lets not forget that the Matchless jacket looks different depending on the lighting.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 424MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:

Certainly could do... curious what would be the most popular... maybe do four versions (Suit/Double, Tux/Double, Suit/Swivel, Tux/Swivel)... keep everyone happy!

-Magnoli
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 424MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

Are there any other shots of the tux cufflinks? I'm wondering if there isn't a shine on the black in this photo, making it look grey instead. Look at this one... they could be black like the suit cufflinks:

150929-spectre-tuxedo-exhibition-tom-ford-jany-temime-2.jpg

The comments on JBL support this theory:
    The shirt of Bond's costume even has the round black cufflinks with JB initials, as spotted earlier in one of the earliest spy photos of the filming of a SPECTRE scene in London
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    This photo was taken by a member here RF, who went to the Utrecht exhibit. Hope it's ok I've taken the pic from his post 3,347 on this thread:
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/769821/#p769821

Its far away and angle could affect it, but the cufflinks look grey. I've reached out to RF to see if he remembers the colour or has closer pics.

image.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Does he wear those JB cufflinks with every suit? they're kind of cheesy, the family crest cufflinks were way better I think.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    If you look back through the threads guys there are plenty of pics of DC wearing the J Crew boots in public. If you look at those pictures and really examine against each other you can see the shadows and rise of the suede after the toecap and the pattern of the upper lace panel is completely different to the sanders boot, almost like a finger print. It also appears that the boot has some mild dust on them, which may have been added by wardrobe and has given a lived in look. The top of the boot you see, in my opinion, is simply the 1 inch or so trouser turn up from the chino's/Jeans he is wearing (which haven't had much press). The fact that DC has been wearing these boots in public possibly days and weeks after filming in Morocco are further evidence to me that this boot is indeed one and the same. We will know 100% soon enough but I would wouldn't go out and by a pair of sanders thats for sure.
    I think Bond_James_Bond is trying to say that the airport boots and the Morocco boots might not be the same. I personally think there is good evidence that this might be true. If you look at the picture below, it looks like we can see the top of the Morocco boot. It looks like it cuts off at the ankle. The JCrew boot appears to go higher up the leg than that. Would love some feedback on this, as I am not very good at judging these sort of things.

Screenshot_9.jpg

If the airport boots are not the same as the Morocco boot, the Sanders are a pretty good guess due to the use of Sanders in the JV outfit. The color looks a little different, but lets not forget that the Matchless jacket looks different depending on the lighting.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent

Screenshot_9.jpg

Im pretty sure the mor boots are the j crews. Sole, front, width, colour all look good. Re the ankle, the trousers are turned up, but still show the laces / holes that match (what we can see) with the kentons...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

Are there any other shots of the tux cufflinks? I'm wondering if there isn't a shine on the black in this photo, making it look grey instead. Look at this one... they could be black like the suit cufflinks:

150929-spectre-tuxedo-exhibition-tom-ford-jany-temime-2.jpg

The comments on JBL support this theory:
    The shirt of Bond's costume even has the round black cufflinks with JB initials, as spotted earlier in one of the earliest spy photos of the filming of a SPECTRE scene in London

To me, the dinner jacket cufflinks look like they might be made from black mother of pearl, like the ones in this link:

http://www.distinctlybritish.com/Files/102248/Img/03/DP-3440x800.jpg

The cufflinks worn with the dinner jacket in Skyfall were mother of pearl, so perhaps it's a thing for Tom Ford?

I think that the ones worn in London, and seen in close-up on James Bond Lifestyle, look more blue than black. Also, the dinner jacket ones seem to have the JB initials engraved into the surface, whereas the London ones look like the intials are printed/painted/applied.
    London version def blue!!

Maybe add to the list of Qs to ask Jany :)
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    We have a new trailer on the way. It hits theaters today with Sicario. There are a few shots of new footage and we will see a better look at the navy sharkskin suit and the tan suit from Morocco. It also looked like we get a shot of Craig in the Henry's.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    We have a new trailer on the way. It hits theaters today with Sicario. There are a few shots of new footage

I wish they would just leave it alone. They ruin everything these days. No need for a third trailer for crying out loud. Look what they did with Terminator 5!
    Kind of agree. Skyfall was ruined for me. I must had seen the entire PTS before going to the cinema (well it felt like it). Maybe this is why it was a bit of a let down for me

However at this point despite the leaked plot etc im totally in the dark and hope to leave it that way!!!

Might avoid this trailer since its only approx 3 weeks! Maybe you guys can upload screenshots instead of anything new costume wise
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    hthomas wrote:
    We have a new trailer on the way. It hits theaters today with Sicario. There are a few shots of new footage

I wish they would just leave it alone. They ruin everything these days. No need for a third trailer for crying out loud. Look what they did with Terminator 5!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Kind of agree. Skyfall was ruined for me. I must had seen the entire PTS before going to the cinema (well it felt like it). Maybe this is why it was a bit of a let down for me

However at this point despite the leaked plot etc im totally in the dark and hope to leave it that way!!!

Might avoid this trailer since its only approx 3 weeks! Maybe you guys can upload screenshots instead of anything new costume wise

While there is new footage I would say they didn't spoil anything. There really is nothing new in terms of plot
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    CRB wrote:
    hthomas wrote:

easy solution of the problem: just dont watch it
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Does he wear those JB cufflinks with every suit? they're kind of cheesy, the family crest cufflinks were way better I think.

I have no problem with with monograming. Bond has worn monogrammed clothing in the past.