Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Good deal man! I'm really liking this outfit too and will be trying to put together a frugal version of my own too.
    Looks good but I don't think it's very frugal!
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 372MI6 Agent
    genericguy wrote:
    Good deal man! I'm really liking this outfit too and will be trying to put together a frugal version of my own too.

Ha ha {[] you're right, the sales guy is definitely taking his wife to dinner this weekend on the commission!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    has it been confirmed that the morocco outfit is a blazer and pants and not a suit?

I know that has been the suspicion, but I still can't tell from the pics.

Sean

Both the colours and the textures of the jacket (it's not a blazer in the proper sense) and trousers appear to be a bit different from each other. And in both the trailer and in the hi-res still the jacket and trousers look a bit different from each other. For my tastes, there's not enough difference between the jacket and trousers, and it comes off looking like a mismatched suit rather than two separate elements that complement each other.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Marks and Spencer have a pretty good budget version of the JV jacket in their sale.
    Imitation suede and is gathered at the sides but collar looks good and it's only £32

20151003_163749.jpg

Reading branch had quite a few but mainly M and L
    They also had a grey version that could maybe pass as the Morocco jacket at a push
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    I have just heard from my source at Tom Ford that they supplied a Khaki suit jacket and trouser, the material is a cotton twill. There is a caveat that the Jacket is from TF but the trousers may be from a different source.

Having seen a similar swatch for the material it is a slightly heavier fabric, and cotton twill like linen requires pressing to take out creases when compared to much lighter wool fabric.

Matt S wrote:
    has it been confirmed that the morocco outfit is a blazer and pants and not a suit?

Sean

Both the colours and the textures of the jacket (it's not a blazer in the proper sense) and trousers appear to be a bit different from each other. And in both the trailer and in the hi-res still the jacket and trousers look a bit different from each other. For my tastes, there's not enough difference between the jacket and trousers, and it comes off looking like a mismatched suit rather than two separate elements that complement each other.
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Nice info 006

Presume the Tom Ford supplied Khaki suit trousers do not have belt loops (guess that would confirm they are using different trousers since he is wearing a belt in those scenes)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    If TF made the jacket and tie I wonder why its not part of the Spectre collection?
    If TF made the jacket and tie I wonder why its not part of the Spectre collection?

The suit is part of the collection mate (the tie isnt, but maybe its also not TF)
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Matt B wrote:
    genericguy wrote:

Ha ha {[] you're right, the sales guy is definitely taking his wife to dinner this weekend on the commission!

Ha! Good point. I was unfamiliar with the brands other than C&J, so I think I was projecting my bank account onto the situation :)) Also, if any part of the outfit is TF, I just assumed few things could be more expensive than his stuff.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    New pic of the the tan Morocco suit, along with the TF Henry's.

8vtcv9.jpg

We see a bit more of this tie in the music video for Sam Smith's The Writing's on the Wall, and in true Diamonds are Forever fashion it's a good couple of inches too short.
    Anybody able to do a screenshot of the tie in the music video?
  • DoctorDoctor ItalyPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Anybody able to do a screenshot of the tie in the music video?

image.jpg

Here
    Orbis Non Sufficit
    Cheers, nothing to revealing then
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    here is a GIF of the new shots of the tie- https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CQevgJ9WEAEQvgb.mp4
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • ArcherrArcherr Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Guys, here is some frugal Bond at Zara..

http://www.zara.com/es/es/hombre/piel/cazadora-serraje-marino-c765516p2880560.html

Not to bad!?
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Archerr wrote:

This looks a better option than the Marks and Spencer one. Checked the M&S (Collezione) one out today and it's a little too short in the body to be close to SA and it's very light and thin (but price is very good).
    This one seems to have a more SA fit to it but haven't seen it in the flesh, looked in the Metro Centre store but couldn't see it
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,123MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:
    Archerr wrote:

This looks a better option than the Marks and Spencer one. Checked the M&S (Collezione) one out today and it's a little too short in the body to be close to SA and it's very light and thin (but price is very good).
    This one seems to have a more SA fit to it but haven't seen it in the flesh, looked in the Metro Centre store but couldn't see it

Guys, there is a separate thread for alternative jackets and the Zara in particular has been discussed in depth. It certainly gets a thumbs up from me!! I'm wearing mine a lot!

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/46262/possible-alternative-to-varatos-jacket/page/3/

Magnoli is now also offering an alternative too...

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/spectre-suede-jacket-custom-made-leather-jackets-by-magnoli-clothiers-p-648.html
    006 wrote:
    I have just heard from my source at Tom Ford that they supplied a Khaki suit jacket and trouser, the material is a cotton twill. There is a caveat that the Jacket is from TF but the trousers may be from a different source.

Having seen a similar swatch for the material it is a slightly heavier fabric, and cotton twill like linen requires pressing to take out creases when compared to much lighter wool fabric.

Matt S wrote:

Sean

There is indeed a khaki Tom Ford suit part of the Bond collection, but it looks to be a fair amount lighter than this jacket, and it's the same O'Connor model as the majority of the other suits in the film. This jacket has much different shoulders and lapels. And now that we see in the inside of the jacket when it flaps open, it doesn't match the inside of other Tom Ford jackets I've seen.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Nice info 006

Presume the Tom Ford supplied Khaki suit trousers do not have belt loops (guess that would confirm they are using different trousers since he is wearing a belt in those scenes)

The Tom Ford trousers that are in the book match the trousers from the other suits. These have not only belt loops, but a different cut altogether. I'm still not convinced that this jacket is from Tom Ford, even though Tom Ford did a khaki suit for the Spectre.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Nice info 006

The Tom Ford trousers that are in the book match the trousers from the other suits. These have not only belt loops, but a different cut altogether. I'm still not convinced that this jacket is from Tom Ford, even though Tom Ford did a khaki suit for the Spectre.

Isn't Mr.Hinx wearing a beige/khaki? coloured suit in the train scene? maybe that's the one...
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 424MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Has it been confirmed if the tie has a flat bottom or is pointed?

Edit: Never mind... I see that it's pointed. Now to figure out the color! :s
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Nice info 006

So maybe the trousers are from the suit but they chose a diff jacket??
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Im about 90% sure this jacket is from Brunello Cucinelli, trying to get confirmation but it has plenty of telltale signs.
    Matt S wrote:
    006 wrote:

Matt S wrote:

There is indeed a khaki Tom Ford suit part of the Bond collection, but it looks to be a fair amount lighter than this jacket, and it's the same O'Connor model as the majority of the other suits in the film. This jacket has much different shoulders and lapels. And now that we see in the inside of the jacket when it flaps open, it doesn't match the inside of other Tom Ford jackets I've seen.

Matt, first off, you sir, are a genius and I LOVE your website! Second, how did you get the Bond Collection book from Tom Ford? Should I call their store?
    sruzgar wrote:
    Im about 90% sure this jacket is from Brunello Cucinelli, trying to get confirmation but it has plenty of telltale signs.

I agree, I have several of his jackets and he uses a lot of linen, silk, wool blends and has a distinct very fitted but not tight cut. Plus we know that D.C wears Cucinelli in his private life so maybe it's a Billy Reid situation where he requested the jacket?
    Haven't seen this jacket in any of his collections that I can remember though (most likely as part of a suit right?).
    Is it me or is his brown belt a weave type (see below zoom in)

http://postimg.cc/image/uh4g4fv59/
    welshboy78 wrote:

You're right! I have a Cucinelli belt just like that..I think he still sells it on his website.
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

It also looks (to me, anyway) like his watch in this picture is neither the Aqua Terra nor the NATO strap Seamaster.
    Jellyfish wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

It also looks (to me, anyway) like his watch in this picture is neither the Aqua Terra nor the NATO strap Seamaster.

What do you think of the pants? Looks like a tapered Italian chino..wish I could see the bottom of the pants to see how slim they are - Incotex, Cucinelli, Boglioli.
    Matt B wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

You're right! I have a Cucinelli belt just like that..I think he still sells it on his website.

He wore one (not sure if same) in the Esquire photoshoot. Esquire claimed it was Armani however they said his jacket was JV which was bull....