Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Has it been confirmed if the tie has a flat bottom or is pointed?

Edit: Never mind... I see that it's pointed. Now to figure out the color! :s

Indy, given the jacket / belt / shoes / outfit colours, I hope its a brown grenadine. Only other possible would be maroon but v much doubt it

It's not a grenadine, but a grenadine would look too dressy for this really casual ensemble. The knitted tie is the perfect choice here. The narrow blade has a square end.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Think the buckle is wrong (isnt it more square) but it def looks like a weave from the morroco still

You're right that the buckle is completely different. The buckle on the Morocco belt is not only more rectangular, it's also the centre-post type of buckle. The belt in the Morocco still also has a solid end with holes in it, but the rest of it looks braided like the Esquire belt.

Yeah I see the whole rectangle of the buckle is exposed (all 4 sides rather then 3)

e.g like this

brunello-cucinelli-silver-center-wave-carved-belt-product-1-26979183-0-715701480-normal.jpeg

rather then

brunello-cucinelli-brown-braided-belt-product-1-18695651-0-889405510-normal.jpeg

PS - on the official still the end doesn't look solid to me - looks still braided where the holes are. Need better pics damn it :D

I enlarged and brightened image of the belt. I'm pretty sure that's a solid end.

Morocco_Belt.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Cool!!! My image is not as sharp as yours.

Is the end tucked behind itself????? Looks like it is to me, bulge etc or maybe square end and shadow.

Edit: surely just a shadow if the end lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Matt S wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Has it been confirmed if the tie has a flat bottom or is pointed?

Edit: Never mind... I see that it's pointed. Now to figure out the color! :s

Indy, given the jacket / belt / shoes / outfit colours, I hope its a brown grenadine. Only other possible would be maroon but v much doubt it

It's not a grenadine, but a grenadine would look too dressy for this really casual ensemble. The knitted tie is the perfect choice here. The narrow blade has a square end.

Dont you mean pointed?
    Duplicate post
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Dont you mean pointed?

The wide blade has a pointed end. The narrow blade of Craig's brown tie has a square end, with proves it's a knitted tie.
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Matt B wrote:
    Gordon009 wrote:
    Being that the cheapest shipping quote I could find to return my Matchless is over $300, if anyone here decides they want a XXL, please let me know. Only asking what I have in it (price + $100 duties). Thanks!

$300 for shipping?! I think I usually pay like $25 for Fed-ex shipping from Italy to Arizona for clothes. Have you checked with Fed-Ex?

Yeah I was expecting to pay $50-$80. FedEx was the $300 quote. UPS wanted $425.
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 372MI6 Agent
    Gordon009 wrote:
    Matt B wrote:
    Gordon009 wrote:
    Being that the cheapest shipping quote I could find to return my Matchless is over $300, if anyone here decides they want a XXL, please let me know. Only asking what I have in it (price + $100 duties). Thanks!

$300 for shipping?! I think I usually pay like $25 for Fed-ex shipping from Italy to Arizona for clothes. Have you checked with Fed-Ex?

I'll check with USPS for you today. There must be a much cheaper way.
  • nickpnickp UK, Surrey Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    For those awaiting delivery of John Varvatos jacket from the London store and have made their deposit payments, I rang the store yesterday (excellent, friendly customer service, as usual). The jackets have been shipped, and will definitely be with us by end of October, but they cannot be more precise at this stage. They will ring all 35 customers that have a jacket on order, as soon as they arrive.

Hi, just had this from john varatos in USA

Greetings Nick,

Thank you for contacting johnvarvatos.com!

We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the release of the Suede Racer Jacket has been delayed to November.

I have contacted our London store and they have informed us that they will contact all customers who have made a deposit once the Suede Racer Jacket arrives.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist.

Have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,

Disappointing but hardly a surprise

Cheers

Nickp
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Music video...posting here because some new scenes with outfits...including, perhaps, first sneak of Blue TF polo at 2:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jzDnsjYv9A

Good catch! I was wondering what he was wearing there. The TF polo is almost certainly the likely candidate. Glad to see he wears the outfit without the jacket too. That whole scene reminds me of TLD so much more now.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    Gordon009 wrote:
    Matt B wrote:
    Gordon009 wrote:

When I shipped the JV jackets to AJB members in Europe via USPS Priority Express International the cost was around $60 + cost of extra insurance. I had no problem with using USPS.
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 372MI6 Agent
    Gordon009 wrote:
    Matt B wrote:

When I shipped the JV jackets to AJB members in Europe via USPS Priority Express International the cost was around $60 + cost of extra insurance. I had no problem with using USPS.

I just left post office and they said about $60-$70 dollars for USPS. Hope that helps everyone trying to return jackets.
    Use the USPS International Price Calculator to figure out the cost. http://ircalc.usps.com/

If you set up an account w/ the USPS, there is a discount for printing postage online. However the customs form was a bit of a pain. Easier there to just write it out, especially for a return.
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 424MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

The wide blade has a pointed end. The narrow blade of Craig's brown tie has a square end, with proves it's a knitted tie.

After looking at the interview pic someone posted, it definitely looks to be more of a "rust" brown. I'm using Pantone 469C to whip up a sample and see how it looks in the flesh.

Thanks for the notes about each end, I can see both in the new music video, so we'll be doing it that way.
  • McCoyMcCoy Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    nickp wrote:
    For those awaiting delivery of John Varvatos jacket from the London store and have made their deposit payments, I rang the store yesterday (excellent, friendly customer service, as usual). The jackets have been shipped, and will definitely be with us by end of October, but they cannot be more precise at this stage. They will ring all 35 customers that have a jacket on order, as soon as they arrive.

Hi, just had this from john varatos in USA

Greetings Nick,

Thank you for contacting johnvarvatos.com!

We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the release of the Suede Racer Jacket has been delayed to November.

I have contacted our London store and they have informed us that they will contact all customers who have made a deposit once the Suede Racer Jacket arrives.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist.

Have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,

Disappointing but hardly a surprise

Cheers

Nickp

I have been following the posts on this site for 3 or 4 months now. I love watching the end results of all the combined detective work! So I thought it was about time I contribute in my own small way!

I was at the London John Varvatos store this afternoon, to confirm my size in the Spectre jacket and place my order. In line with nickp's post, the London store manager confirmed that deliveries to the store would now be at end-October or into November. He said that the current and final production batch was 450 for the global market, with 50 jackets allocated to the UK (the largest of any market). Almost all of the 50 were now spoken for, with only a few remaining to be snapped up. 'By the way', he asked, 'You aren't expecting the jacket to have a red lining, are you, as per Aston Martin's new advert?' Absolutely not I replied, horrified, adding that I hoped the batch being produced now would be identical to the earlier run and SA. He confirmed they would be.

Anyone interested who has still to order the JV jacket via the London store should do so quickly to avoid potential disappointment.

Out of interest, has anyone seen the red-lined JV Spectre jacket referred to?
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    McCoy wrote:

Hmmm... that sounds like someone has got confused about the black leather jacket with the red lining that DC has worn many times in his personal life.

And I can't remember seeing an official AM advert which doesn't solely focus on the car ?:)
    edited October 2015
    Matt S wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

After looking at the interview pic someone posted, it definitely looks to be more of a "rust" brown. I'm using Pantone 469C to whip up a sample and see how it looks in the flesh.

Thanks for the notes about each end, I can see both in the new music video, so we'll be doing it that way.

Do we know that it's the same outfit in the interview? I know it's likely, but can we confirm this?
  • McCoyMcCoy Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    McCoy wrote:

Hmmm... that sounds like someone has got confused about the black leather jacket with the red lining that DC has worn many times in his personal life.

And I can't remember seeing an official AM advert which doesn't solely focus on the car ?:)

Although I would hope the JV store manager would recognise their own jacket..? (Unless he was relaying third hand information - I was too pleased to have ordered an SA jacket to question him further! :) )
    edited October 2015
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Do we know that it's the same outfit in the interview? I know it's likely, but can we confirm this?

Think the interview was first week of May????

When did DC hit Morocco? Then again I think a lot of the Morocco internal stuff was shot in England so who knows

UPDATE: watch the appeal - def looks like morrocan style set hes sat in - what ya think?????
    I've edited the image to make the colours more realistic and not as overly muted and warm. The tie looks more of the rust brown that we saw in the Earthquake spot.

Morocco_Jacket.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015_10_02_at_9_05_30_AM.jpg

Very close Matt. Surely too coincidental to not be same tie
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Some more Matchless jacket shots...my size medium...unfiltered vlog review coming next week!

Matchless_Spectre_jacket_049.jpg

Matchless_Spectre_jacket_041.jpg

Matchless_Spectre_jacket_042.jpg

Matchless_Spectre_jacket_043.jpg
    Very cool David! Love the first comparison pic {[]
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Bad ass comparison fit David! Jacket fit is spot on! You just got me that much more excited about this outfit.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    edited October 2015
    Nice shots, David. Looks good. Be interested in the fit review and a JV comparison in that regard. Will you be including the J. Crew boots and the sunglasses in the review?
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Medium looks very good on you, David.
    I think you have the advantage of not being a million miles away from DC in both height and build.
    Wow, those are slim trousers, though..... :)
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Great Photos David! The medium is a good fit on you for sure... The Tom Ford's Henry's are pretty awesome as well!
    The Mantis wrote:
    Some more Matchless jacket shots...my size medium...unfiltered vlog review coming next week!

• DKLADKLA Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Sriram858 wrote:
    Great Photos David! The medium is a good fit on you for sure... The Tom Ford's Henry's are pretty awesome as well!
    The Mantis wrote:

Looks great David! Which jacket do you prefer, I'm curious to know? The JV or the Matchless?
  • DKLADKLA Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Did anybody happen to bookmark a forum member's measurements for the Matchless XL and XXL?

Edit: I found the forum's L and XL measurements. I don't think anybody measured the XXL yet. Regardless it's clear to me I'd be an XL

Large:
    Shoulder to shoulder:20"/51cm
    Back: 25.5"/65cm
    Arm: 25.5"/65cm
    Armpit to armpit: 22"/56cm

XL:
    Shoulder: 20" 52cm
    Back: 28" 71cm
    Arm: 25.5" 65cm
    Armpit: 22.83" 58cm
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I've edited the image to make the colours more realistic and not as overly muted and warm. The tie looks more of the rust brown that we saw in the Earthquake spot.

Morocco_Jacket.jpg

Looks to me that this confirms the jacket and trousers are in fact, different colors