Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    They are, but as all of the confusion shows, too close for comfort. Separates should differ more.
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Screen_Shot_2015_10_02_at_9_05_30_AM.jpg

Very close Matt. Surely too coincidental to not be same tie

Most likely.

I have a similar tie:

https://www.reiss.com/p/knitted-silk-tie-mens-champ-in-bordeaux/?category_id=10406

It might be a bit darker:

CQnjHmEUEAAgDeS.jpg
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • McCoyMcCoy Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    martini wrote:
    They are, but as all of the confusion shows, too close for comfort. Separates should differ more.

I'm sure that's true, technically. Interesting though how most of the outfit keeps within a fairly defined colour palette. From an artistic standpoint, I actually quite like the minimal variation between the different pieces - I think it makes you look twice and so adds interest. Although I would draw the line at a beige shirt... :D Actually, there could be a new Bond film title in there: You Always Look Twice :))

Incidentally, I was at Anthony Sinclair's in London yesterday for a fitting of the grey sharkskin suit. After measuring up, and with an eye on the dimensions provided by forum members for other Bond-related clothing, it made me realise how difficult it is to generalise about how something will fit one individual compared to another. I usually go for a 42 jacket, but it turns out I'm actually a 43 chest, and that my shoulder dimensions suggest a 44 should be most appropriate. And true, a 44 fits well across the shoulders, but I then swim in it when it comes to midriff and arms. Hence why I usually end up with a 42. I'm 'in between' for trousers too - no 32 or 34 for me. Of course I have to be a 33. 8-) First world problems; actually, the whole sharkskin ensemble fits my frame really well - only the trouser waist needs pulling in. It does show how valuable are the precise dimensions provided by forum members - although one never knows for sure until slipping the clothing on. Isn't it great though when you try on an ordered item for the first time and you've judged the fit perfectly! (not so great when it doesn't...).

My shape makes some items of clothing a real squeeze at the shoulders, for example the Barbour jacket. Although looking at pics of DC in that jacket in Skyfall, I see that he has the same issue. And it looks good on him...
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    so far I have held out on the matchless and varvatos. I'm waiting for a positive ID on the 'Mr White' jacket as personally it's my favourite. I'm just hoping I'm not let down. All signs lead to Neil Barrett. I just can't understand why, with Matchless, Varvatos and Tom Ford all confirming their items and 'cashing in' why Neil Barrett won't reveal what item he's given to the film? It may not be the jacket, but confirming what it is would help continue the search for the jacket. Welshie's Jill Sanders jacket is the closest, but I really can't find anything else similar! Hopefully we get some more news soon!
    The main reason why I held out on the suede jackets is apart from the 'Mr white' being my favourite, here in the UK when its the right temperature for the suede jacket it will usually hammer down with rain, potentially ruining the suede. making my Barbour Commander my weapon of choice. Any bond items I have, watches, tshirts, etc I like to get good wear from, I would hate to have an item like the Varvatos or matchless just sat in my wardrobe. I'm tempted with a Tom Ford polo but that's a lot of money for a polo shirt, think I'll wait and see.

On another note, if anyone has or knows of an Omega Nato strap for sale or considered selling, please get in touch!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Mr White jacket is as mysterious as the man himself.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • boxawboxaw Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

I wonder whether we should start a dedicated thread. I seem to be spending half my life looking for this jacket.
    boxaw wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

I wonder whether we should start a dedicated thread. I seem to be spending half my life looking for this jacket.

I know the feeling, A new thread's a good idea. I'll start one now.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    boxaw wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Definitely! There should be a dedicated thread for every single clothing item. It makes it much easier to find information on particular items that way.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • ssiddi2ssiddi2 Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    The Tom Ford 'Solden' blouson has arrived at the Tom Ford stores in the US. Not sure if all of the stores have them but I know the NYC store received it. They only received one in each size and at least the 46, 48, and 52 have been sold already. The price is... wait for it....... $2,590 before tax. :s
    ssiddi2 wrote:
    The Tom Ford 'Solden' blouson has arrived at the Tom Ford stores in the US. Not sure if all of the stores have them but I know the NYC store received it. They only received one in each size and at least the 46, 48, and 52 have been sold already. The price is... wait for it....... $2,590 before tax. :s

That's just ridiculous. if they lowered the price and made more of them they would still make the same profit!
  • ih8dumpplih8dumppl Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    ssiddi2 wrote:

Holy cow, is that $1000 more than originally expected?
    edited October 2015
    Well considering Tom Ford sweaters are in the $2000 range on Mr Porter right now and a hoodie costs $2500, $2,590 for an extremely limited release of a soon to be iconic jacket is not all that unexpected. Tom Ford clothing is not designed or produced for the masses. I don't think they even want the average person wearing it because it tarnishes the brand. They prefer the exclusivity. Its typically made for celebrities and fashion obsessed folks with really deep wallets.
    ih8dumppl wrote:
    ssiddi2 wrote:

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    ssiddi2 wrote:

Really loving the supernatural jacket now at 3% the cost of the Tom Ford.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    ssiddi2 wrote:
    Well considering Tom Ford sweaters are in the $2000 range on Mr Porter right now and a hoodie costs $2500, $2,590 for an extremely limited release of a soon to be iconic jacket is not all that unexpected. Tom Ford clothing is not designed or produced for the masses. I don't think they even want the average person wearing it because it tarnishes the brand. They prefer the exclusivity. Its typically made for celebrities and fashion obsessed folks with really deep wallets.
    ih8dumppl wrote:
    ssiddi2 wrote:

If being exclusive means for Tom Ford milking the Bond connection to the last dime then thank you but I don't need that!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    ssiddi2 wrote:
    ih8dumppl wrote:
    ssiddi2 wrote:

But they quoted an entirely different price...and took pre-orders....will be chatting with them this evening
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    Someone is going to make a lot of money creating replicas of that TF Solden jacket
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    ssiddi2 wrote:

Really loving the supernatural jacket now at 3% the cost of the Tom Ford.
    +1 - been wearing mine non stop around Newcastle Hospital for ladt 3 weeks and doing a treat...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Cheverian wrote:
    Someone is going to make a lot of money creating replicas of that TF Solden jacket

I emailed Magnoli last weekend, all they said was that they were looking into it. But knowing them, I'm going to just assume they will be recreating it.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

Yeah Dan is !
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Sure Dan will do a good replica!!

I just received some JCREW boots - quite impressed, nicer then I thought they would be!!!!
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Update from JCREW...

"Hello Stefan,

Thanks for letting us know about the success of our Kenton boot - that's great! I'll definitely share your kind comments with my team, and ask that we continue to offer our Kenton Plain-toe Boots (#B3634). This shoe was offered in Black, Tobacco Brown, and Burnished Tobacco - did you have a color preference? I look forward to hearing back from you!

Best,
    Renee O"
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    ssiddi2 wrote:

This clearly seems to be an error or miscommunication. If it's the same jacket, it should be around $1,690 + tax. My jacket was charged to my CC back in July and the total came to $1,874.80. Just checked my CC statement.

Perhaps we got a "pre-order" rate? I didn't think TF would have this type of deal, but you never know. This is the first time TF has released a "Bond Collection" so it's not unheard of.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    Update from JCREW...

"Hello Stefan,

Thanks for letting us know about the success of our Kenton boot - that's great! I'll definitely share your kind comments with my team, and ask that we continue to offer our Kenton Plain-toe Boots (#B3634). This shoe was offered in Black, Tobacco Brown, and Burnished Tobacco - did you have a color preference? I look forward to hearing back from you!

Best,
    Renee O"
    that's good news, perhaps they will keep selling it then?
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    Update from JCREW...

"Hello Stefan,

Best,
    Renee O"

They also released the boots in a Navy suede. I have a pair of these as well, and I really like that color.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    I love that tie Welsh! Looks pretty close if it isn't 100 percent correct.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    My contact at Tom Ford told me that $1690 is the pre-order price to reserve the jacket. You may want to check to see if you will be charged the balance once the jacket ships.

Here is a picture of the jacket:

DBS wrote:
    ssiddi2 wrote:

This clearly seems to be an error or miscommunication. If it's the same jacket, it should be around $1,690 + tax. My jacket was charged to my CC back in July and the total came to $1,874.80. Just checked my CC statement.

Perhaps we got a "pre-order" rate? I didn't think TF would have this type of deal, but you never know. This is the first time TF has released a "Bond Collection" so it's not unheard of.

Kind regards,
    Craig

IMG_3373.jpg
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    I'm sorry - did I read $1600 for that ? For that ! That is beyond ridiculous. Has anyone here actually paid that ?
    ssiddi2 wrote:
    My contact at Tom Ford told me that $1690 is the pre-order price to reserve the jacket. You may want to check to see if you will be charged the balance once the jacket ships.

Here is a picture of the jacket:

DBS wrote:
    ssiddi2 wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

IMG_3373.jpg

Here's hoping they informed people of that, otherwise that's a $1000 surprise that no one wants.
    no... the full price is $2,590 lol
    CRB wrote:
    I'm sorry - did I read $1600 for that ? For that ! That is beyond ridiculous. Has anyone here actually paid that ?