Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    ssiddi2 wrote:
    The Tom Ford 'Solden' blouson has arrived at the Tom Ford stores in the US. Not sure if all of the stores have them but I know the NYC store received it. They only received one in each size and at least the 46, 48, and 52 have been sold already. The price is... wait for it....... $2,590 before tax. :s

Really loving the supernatural jacket now at 3% the cost of the Tom Ford.
    +1 - been wearing mine non stop around Newcastle Hospital for ladt 3 weeks and doing a treat...

Soon to be two in the Newcastle area as mine is on its way from the States. Weather looks like it might be changing just in time to wear it
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    ssiddi2 wrote:
    no... the full price is $2,590 lol
    CRB wrote:
    I'm sorry - did I read $1600 for that ? For that ! That is beyond ridiculous. Has anyone here actually paid that ?
    did they have the other Spectre stuff out as well?
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 369MI6 Agent
    ssiddi2 wrote:
    CRB wrote:
    I'm sorry - did I read $1600 for that ? For that ! That is beyond ridiculous. Has anyone here actually paid that ?
    did they have the other Spectre stuff out as well?

I love this jacket and would totally pay the $2600 for such a unique piece but unfortunately here in the desert I would literally die from heatstroke very quickly in it :)
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I have a direct email from John Guidry at Tom Ford who said this, and I'll quote:

"The nylon blouson (down filled jacket) is a dark grey color that will retail for $1690"

So again, there is some miscommunication happening. I know David said he would be speaking with them, so let's wait and see what he comes back with.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    Update from JCREW...

"Hello Stefan,

Thanks for letting us know about the success of our Kenton boot - that's great! I'll definitely share your kind comments with my team, and ask that we continue to offer our Kenton Plain-toe Boots (#B3634). This shoe was offered in Black, Tobacco Brown, and Burnished Tobacco - did you have a color preference? I look forward to hearing back from you!

Best,
    Renee O"

Stefan, please let them know that the color is Sahara. The product code is A9651 I believe for the suede boots, not the one given to you, the b3634 is for regular leather uppers, not the suede. Which email address at J Crew did you use? I've contacted their twitter but will email them as well.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    Update from JCREW...

"Hello Stefan,

Thanks for letting us know about the success of our Kenton boot - that's great! I'll definitely share your kind comments with my team, and ask that we continue to offer our Kenton Plain-toe Boots (#B3634). This shoe was offered in Black, Tobacco Brown, and Burnished Tobacco - did you have a color preference? I look forward to hearing back from you!

Best,
    Renee O"

Stefan, please let them know that the color is Sahara. The product code is A9651 I believe for the suede boots, not the one given to you, the b3634 is for regular leather uppers, not the suede. Which email address at J Crew did you use? I've contacted their twitter but will email them as well.

Yep, already emailed them back again and told specifically the color and the model number of the boot. The email I used was contactus@JCREW.com. I told them from a marketing stand point it made a lot of sense to still continue to carry this particular boot since now JCREW has a house product that has become James Bond's choice. I think if enough demand is created there is good chance that they boot may get reissued. Personally I think it should become a staple in line.
    image.jpg
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    ssiddi2 wrote:
    CRB wrote:

Even more ridiculous is that it's an almost exact knock off of a Moncler design that retailed for less.
    Stefan wrote:
    Stefan wrote:
    Update from JCREW...

"Hello Stefan,

Best,
    Renee O"

Yep, already emailed them back again and told specifically the color and the model number of the boot. The email I used was contactus@JCREW.com. I told them from a marketing stand point it made a lot of sense to still continue to carry this particular boot since now JCREW has a house product that has become James Bond's choice. I think if enough demand is created there is good chance that they boot may get reissued. Personally I think it should become a staple in line.
    image.jpg

I'll email them as well. Do we have confirmation that this is the SA boot?
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    A nice article on the BBC about Product Placement and Bond:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20151001-does-bonds-product-placement-go-too-far
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • ih8dumpplih8dumppl Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    I ordered the supernatural and a Moncler, not the Harrod's exclusive, I was to late for that but one that was on Farfetch. I ended up keeping the Moncler instead of the supernatural. It was definitely more expensive but I thought the extra quality was worth it. If I could afford the Tom Ford I would try to get it but that is just too far out of my price range.

The Farfetch jacket I purchased is linked here. Not quite exact like the Harrod's but close enough. http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/moncler-padded-jacket-item-11132136.aspx?storeid=9432&ffref=lp_pic_194_2_
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Stefan wrote:
    Update from JCREW...

"Hello Stefan,

Best,
    Renee O"

They also released the boots in a Navy suede. I have a pair of these as well, and I really like that color.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Agreed. :)) (although shoes). Wore them all weekend in Memphis (like you do). Comfy from new. :p
    image.jpg
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:

I haven't, but it is all down to personal choice. If you don't like the price don't pay it. But quality and exclusivity is always pricey !

I have 4 TF shirts, couple of polos, number of ties and the cardigan from QoS... They are all amazing pieces.

Congrats to anyone who has acquired any of the TF pieces. If anyone has sorted one of the blue ties from Spectre, and changes their mind, let me know !
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Llafyks wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Really loving the supernatural jacket now at 3% the cost of the Tom Ford.
    +1 - been wearing mine non stop around Newcastle Hospital for ladt 3 weeks and doing a treat...

Soon to be two in the Newcastle area as mine is on its way from the States. Weather looks like it might be changing just in time to wear it

Just on loan to Newcastle, hopefully checking out of the RVI later this week... But our love of the Geordies has grown higher after saving my boys life at 12 hours old...
    Great jacket though... Layer under the wool arms though really helps the warmth

• LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Just on loan to Newcastle, hopefully checking out of the RVI later this week... But our love of the Geordies has grown higher after saving my boys life at 12 hours old...

Great to hear of more love for our hospitals up here. The RVI is fantastic as is the Freeman. Hope all goes well with your boy!
    Probably won't need to layer under the arms - I'm used to the cold up here :)
    Llafyks wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:

Great to hear of more love for our hospitals up here. The RVI is fantastic as is the Freeman. Hope all goes well with your boy!
    Probably won't need to layer under the arms - I'm used to the cold up here :)

Amazing care given to us, Ive set fund raising away for them (and Crawford House too. Meeting the Phantom himself tomorrow as they are using our story). Im only 40 miles South so still in the frozen wasteland that is the NE !!!

Back to topic ! Apologies

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    ssiddi2 wrote:
    The Tom Ford 'Solden' blouson has arrived at the Tom Ford stores in the US. Not sure if all of the stores have them but I know the NYC store received it. They only received one in each size and at least the 46, 48, and 52 have been sold already. The price is... wait for it....... $2,590 before tax. :s

LOL! That's just ridiculous! :s

Even if I was a millionaire I'd never pay that much for a jacket. What's it made of gold? 8-)
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Matt B wrote:

Do we have confirmation that this is the SA boot?

As far as I know we do not have complete confirmation that these boots are screen accurate. As I follow, the JCrew boots are assumed to be the boots that Craig is seen wearing in his own personal life in airport arrival photos. It is being assumed that the boots he wears in the airport are the same ones he wore in the movie in the Morocco scenes because he was seen wearing them after returning from Morocco filming (or something like that within the timeline), and there appears to be dust on the airport boots.

Here are the comparison pictures people used to identify the boots as possibly being the JCrew under discussion:

Morocco Boots:
    Screenshot_9.jpg

Airport boots with the JCrew that can still be found in multiple sizes (Photo from Mantis)
    Screenshot_17.jpg

Assumed correct color of JCrew "Airport/Morrocco" boot
    Screenshot_16.jpg

It can be seen that the airport boot is assumed to be the JCrew boot because we cannot see the whole boot due to Craig's pants. Another issue some have brought up is that the JCrew boots have metal eyelets while the airport boots do not appear to have metal eyelets. And, of course, the final assumption is that the airport boots are the same boots seen in the grainy Morocco photo.

Given the rave reviews of the JCrew boots, I would love for them to be it, especially if we can get a reissue, as the price is very reasonable. However, I just wanted to create a post about how we got to this point so everyone can make their own decision on this boot. The idea of having a dedicated thread for each outfit, or maybe even each piece of clothing, has been brought up. I, for one, think this is a great idea, to avoid confusion due to the large volume of information in this one thread alone. If I missed anything regarding identifying this boot, please add it to the list, as this is my favorite outfit in the movie, and I cant wait to put it together, but don't have a lot of funds to purchase pieces before they are confirmed. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    from JCREW

Hello Harris,

Sadly, I don't see an expected return date for the Kenton Suede Plain-toe Boots in Sahara (A9651). It's definitely possible that we'll see them again, however - I suggest reaching back out to us within the coming months for any updates. I'm also sharing your interest with my design team so they can take further action. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Best,
    Austin S
    1-800-591-3802 ext. 68112
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent

It can be seen that the airport boot is assumed to be the JCrew boot because we cannot see the whole boot due to Craig's pants. Another issue some have brought up is that the JCrew boots have metal eyelets while the airport boots do not appear to have metal eyelets. And, of course, the final assumption is that the airport boots are the same boots seen in the grainy Morocco photo.

If you look closely in the pic below, you can see the metal eyelets on DC's boots.

Kenton%20Details.jpg

Here's a comparison pic of my Kentons against those from DC's LA visit -

Kentons%20A1.jpg

I'm on board with the others who say the Kentons are indeed the boots that DC has been spotted wearing at the airport, and recently in LA. Whether or not they are the Moroccan boots or not remains to be seen, but it certainly is highly probable given how many items we've seen DC wearing off set that are part of the film's wardrobe (and other films he's worked on).

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:

If you look closely in the pic below, you can see the metal eyelets on DC's boots.

Kenton%20Details.jpg

Here's a comparison pic of my Kentons against those from DC's LA visit -

Kentons%20A1.jpg

I'm on board with the others who say the Kentons are indeed the boots that DC has been spotted wearing at the airport, and recently in LA. Whether or not they are the Moroccan boots or not remains to be seen, but it certainly is highly probable given how many items we've seen DC wearing off set that are part of the film's wardrobe (and other films he's worked on).

Kind regards,
    Craig

Sweet! Great analysis! If those arn't the airport boots, I don't know what are. At this point it would take a pretty simple shot of the boots in the movie to get a confirmation. Unfortunately, not one official image or video of the boots have surfaced, even with all the footage that has been released :)) It's like this outfit is mocking me! Don't even get me started on the pants. I'm inclined agree with the idea that the airport boots and the Morocco boots are one in the same, I just can't pull the trigger on this one, on the off chance that they arn't the SA boots. The other part of me wants to take the plunge though... Decisions, decisions.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    Amazing detective work!! What a bummer that these are sold out! This is my favorite look so far! Interestingly enough J Crew also on the past carried the Saunders Chukka boot but it's sold out.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    In the newest GQ cover with Craig and Belluci, Craig is wearing a brunello cucinelli suit and dress shirt.
  • DoctorDoctor ItalyPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    From J CREW

Hello,
    I hope you're having a wonderful day! I really appreciate your patience while my team looked into the boots that Daniel Craig is wearing in the picture you provided. Unfortunately, we have no record of working with any costume designers on the movie Spectre. I truly apologize that I wasn't able to assist further - please let me know if you have any other questions!

...we must continue our searching!!!

Matt B wrote:

Do we have confirmation that this is the SA boot?

As far as I know we do not have complete confirmation that these boots are screen accurate. As I follow, the JCrew boots are assumed to be the boots that Craig is seen wearing in his own personal life in airport arrival photos. It is being assumed that the boots he wears in the airport are the same ones he wore in the movie in the Morocco scenes because he was seen wearing them after returning from Morocco filming (or something like that within the timeline), and there appears to be dust on the airport boots.

Here are the comparison pictures people used to identify the boots as possibly being the JCrew under discussion:

Morocco Boots:
    Screenshot_9.jpg

Airport boots with the JCrew that can still be found in multiple sizes (Photo from Mantis)
    Screenshot_17.jpg

Assumed correct color of JCrew "Airport/Morrocco" boot
    Screenshot_16.jpg

Given the rave reviews of the JCrew boots, I would love for them to be it, especially if we can get a reissue, as the price is very reasonable. However, I just wanted to create a post about how we got to this point so everyone can make their own decision on this boot. The idea of having a dedicated thread for each outfit, or maybe even each piece of clothing, has been brought up. I, for one, think this is a great idea, to avoid confusion due to the large volume of information in this one thread alone. If I missed anything regarding identifying this boot, please add it to the list, as this is my favorite outfit in the movie, and I cant wait to put it together, but don't have a lot of funds to purchase pieces before they are confirmed. -{
    Orbis Non Sufficit
  • DoctorDoctor ItalyPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    Update from Neil Barret

Contacted marketing team in Milan yesterday!
    None of Neil Barret are in SPECTRE...the post on twittrer regards a leather jacket that Mr Craig wore in his private life

Hope to be helpfull for all
    Orbis Non Sufficit
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Doctor wrote:
    From J CREW

Hello,
    I hope you're having a wonderful day! I really appreciate your patience while my team looked into the boots that Daniel Craig is wearing in the picture you provided. Unfortunately, we have no record of working with any costume designers on the movie Spectre. I truly apologize that I wasn't able to assist further - please let me know if you have any other questions!

...we must continue our searching!!!

Nowhere in J Crew's reply do they state the boots are not the Kentons, just that the company did not work with the Spectre costume designer. You're jumping to conclusions. The production company could have merely purchased pairs to use, just like EON purchased 30 JV suede racer jackets for the film. John Varvatos had no idea their jacket was going to be in the film until fans brought it to their attention.

Photographic comparisons prove pretty well that Daniel Craig wears the Kentons in his personal life. Whether they are also the "Morocco Boots" is open to debate since we only have one blurry picture to examine. We may have to wait until the release of the film to know for sure.
  • sostophersostopher Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    Sizing question for those who have the JV jacket.

I wear the Barbour in M, Billy Reid in S. What size JV should I order (once there's stock) here to get the desired look? (38 chest, 6' 1" if it helps)

Thanks to anyone who can provide insight!
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    sostopher wrote:
    Sizing question for those who have the JV jacket.

I wear the Barbour in M, Billy Reid in S. What size JV should I order (once there's stock) here to get the desired look? (38 chest, 6' 1" if it helps)

Thanks to anyone who can provide insight!

Hope this helps. I wear the Barbour in L, Billy Reid in M and have the JV in M for a fitted look. I have a 40-41 chest and am 6'

I've posted a pic of me in the JV if you look at post 2,490 of this thread...
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/757175/#p757175
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Here's another ID to add to the the Ghost Dress outfit DiamonDust Sterling Silver Drop Hexagon Style Earrings Made with Swarovski Zirconia (£199 on David Deyong website, you can get 5% off with code BONDLIFESTYLE5).

earrings.jpg

Now only need the shoe ID...
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Remmert007 wrote:
    Here's another ID to add to the the Ghost Dress outfit DiamonDust Sterling Silver Drop Hexagon Style Earrings Made with Swarovski Zirconia (£199 on David Deyong website, you can get 5% off with code BONDLIFESTYLE5).

earrings.jpg

Now only need the shoe ID...

hmm 5% not working for my country for some strange reason

They would look good with my Matchless jacket :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007