Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    950 for a f** king Poloshirt???

Really??

And don't honor preorders for US 625?

Mr. Ford must not stop laughing about people still willing to hand over him their cash!

You are right that is mental. It would need to be made of gold and hand stitched at a minimum!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Cant you order from Europe, cheaper and VAT free
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    genericguy wrote:
    Can't see a thread for the Solden jacket, Woodhouse have a decent Boss budget version for just under £100 using code Flash25
    Bosssolden.jpg

http://www.woodhouseclothing.com/en-gb/boss-pizzoli-black-sweat-jacket-aw1550295552402.html

Great find. Aaaaaaand already sold out. When I checked an hour ago, there was only XL left. Was this the case in the first place or does one mention on AJB really have that kind of an impact? ?:)
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Just came back from TF London and collected the ties

The ties are quite classical in a twill pattern, unlike Skyfall which had patterned ties these are more plainer, contrary to rumours there are 5 ties:

Black Patterned tie (Rome);
    Dark Navy tie (PTS or meeting Obenhauser in Morocco);
    Navy Blue tie (PTS or meeting Obenhauser in Morocco);
    Indigo/Purple tie (don't know where this features), and
    Grey Charcoal (MI6 / Bond's flat in London).

Please find the pics below, apologies for the poor quality, enjoy:

DSC_0132.jpg
    DSC_0131.jpg
    DSC_0133.jpg
    DSC_0137.jpg
    DSC_0135.jpg
    DSC_0136.jpg
    DSC_0139.jpg
    DSC_0138.jpg

In terms of costs, TF London honoured the pre order price for those who paid a deposit for the ties, although the ties have gone up from £140 to £155
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    welshboy78 wrote:
    was the price hike only for the blouson and polo? and what was their reason for jacking up the price?

Error in original price

That is corporate band-aiding excuses, but I think the truth is a bit more nefarious...as in demand generated price increases...
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Where'd you get the tie?

I really want to know what suit this is...
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    genericguy wrote:
    Can't see a thread for the Solden jacket, Woodhouse have a decent Boss budget version for just under £100 using code Flash25
    Bosssolden.jpg

http://www.woodhouseclothing.com/en-gb/boss-pizzoli-black-sweat-jacket-aw1550295552402.html

Great find. Aaaaaaand already sold out. When I checked an hour ago, there was only XL left. Was this the case in the first place or does one mention on AJB really have that kind of an impact? ?:)

I ordered mine at about 6ish and the large had sold out but XL and XXL was left. I got an XL, though they advise it's a 42 chest so probably fits more like a large.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:

The ties are quite classical in a twill pattern, unlike Skyfall which had patterned ties these are more plainer...

You're not kidding! Although nice (and I'm very envious 006) these really are the plainest Bond ties - except for the black one there seems to be a complete absence of pattern. I wonder where Jany Temime is going with this?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I received a message earlier from John Guidry at TF, and he was extremely apologetic. He really tried to get the pre-order price for all of us, but it was the greedy corporate a***holes that wouldn't budge. So while I don't blame John in the least as he was simply the middle man, I am infuriated over this situation and have canceled my order with TF.

While I'm often quick to throw my money at a Bond-related clothing item or prop, I refuse to be taken advantage of in this manner. It shows a complete lack of respect, professionalism, and ethics; and I won't give my money to that kind of organization no matter what they're selling.

And now I can look forward to a hefty refund which will allow me to search out the next few items on the Spectre list.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • PointfiveOPointfiveO Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    This is what John Guidry said in his email to me:

"Unfortunately their (sic) was a mistake in the production communication of the Bond nylon jacket and the company has increased the price of it. The jacket was originally $1690 and its now $2590. The polos were $620 and now they're $960. Even more unfortunate the decision to honor the price for everyone who has already pre-ordered the jacket was taken out of my hands. The company has notified me that in order to sell the jacket and polo we have to sell them at the corrected increased price. I am deeply sorry for this and I completely understand if you no longer want the items that you have reserved. Please let me know how you wish to proceed and I will act accordingly.

These prices are insane, $1600 for a nylon wool and down jacket is bad enough, copied from another brands design and then to up it to $2500 due to production communication error, guys how much do you think it actually costs to do a run of jackets like this what margin is TF operating on!

I had to pass on it due to the original cost, I was quoted €1690 in september just too expensive for me so picked up a moncler for £350.

Hope you get it sorted and TF do the right thing for their customers.
  • PointfiveOPointfiveO Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Noticed tonight that the JV website has been updated, now states that the bond jacket will be restocked in Nov, said October earlier today!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I will say the manager of the London store is sympathetic to the situation and he is trying to be creative with solutions...if you have been horn-swaggled by the US boutiques but are still set on getting a piece or two I would call Dario...
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Thanks, David. A call is due in the morning. And a refund is due Stateside. Bunch of clueless, desultory Muppets....
  • mglover92mglover92 Posts: 38MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Havnt been here for a while. Looks like I missed alot. Did anyone find the Mr. White jacket? And I guess Tom Ford is scamming people now?

Real bummer. I thought the brand was better than that. $950 for a polo, no thanks. 2500 for a jacket that moncler produced for half price? No thanks.

Hopefully Tom Ford releases some form of statement for this garbage or finds a way to satisfy its customers, although I dont see that happening.

Not to be a douche but I kind of thought the jacket was a little overrated anyways. The matchless jacket, the JV jacket, and the Mr. White jacket (once identified) looks so much better. I love those outfits.

I was going to ask about the black trousers in the poster but looks like they are from Tom Ford and I wouldnt even bother hearing the price.
  • Coldheart96Coldheart96 Florida , USAPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    I received a message earlier from John Guidry at TF, and he was extremely apologetic. He really tried to get the pre-order price for all of us, but it was the greedy corporate a***holes that wouldn't budge. So while I don't blame John in the least as he was simply the middle man, I am infuriated over this situation and have canceled my order with TF.

While I'm often quick to throw my money at a Bond-related clothing item or prop, I refuse to be taken advantage of in this manner. It shows a complete lack of respect, professionalism, and ethics; and I won't give my money to that kind of organization no matter what they're selling.

And now I can look forward to a hefty refund which will allow me to search out the next few items on the Spectre list.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Received the same message from John. I cancelled the order. Was hoping to wear it when I go skiing in Solden in December. Time to go to plan B. Must....Find....Mr.....White....Jacket....
    Bond: "Who would spend $1 million to kill me?"
    M: "Jealous husbands. Outraged chefs. Humiliated tailors. The list is endless!"
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 421MI6 Agent
    We're ready to start pre-production on a Spectre Polo Shirt if anyone can get us specs on the TF one. Similarly, we're going to start on our version of the Solden Jacket here shortly.

Anyone want to pre-order either of these can e-mail us... but final price not guaranteed. :v

Too soon? 8-)
    Tony, if you can offer these in standard sizing (S, M, L... or 46, 48, 50...), I'm in!

I've been pinched by your MTM ordering several times and received poorly-fitting items, but if you can do off-the-rack sizes, I'd definitely be in line to order them.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Coldheart96Coldheart96 Florida , USAPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    We're ready to start pre-production on a Spectre Polo Shirt if anyone can get us specs on the TF one. Similarly, we're going to start on our version of the Solden Jacket here shortly.

Anyone want to pre-order either of these can e-mail us... but final price not guaranteed. :v

Too soon? 8-)

Indy, thanks for the laugh. My day just got a little better. :)
    Bond: "Who would spend $1 million to kill me?"
    M: "Jealous husbands. Outraged chefs. Humiliated tailors. The list is endless!"
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    I've had an email from Varvatos and they confirm categorically that the pre order jackets are about to be shipped to the London store and will be with them towards the end of the month.

I was concerned as I wanted to watch the movie on opening night wearing the full outfit. Still holding out and hoping this will still happen but with the email received today from Varvatos , I feel it's likely I'm still on for my jacket to arrive in time for the movie release -{
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 369MI6 Agent

Too soon? 8-)

Ha ha ha ha!!!!! :))
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:

The ties are quite classical in a twill pattern, unlike Skyfall which had patterned ties these are more plainer, contrary to rumours there are 5 ties:

Grey Charcoal (MI6 / Bond's flat in London)...
    In terms of costs, TF London honoured the pre order price for those who paid a deposit for the ties, although the ties have gone up from £140 to £155

Beautiful tie collection! I have to correct you on the weave, the plain ties are either a repp or ottoman weave. Because ties are cut on the bias (diagonal), horizontal ribs will look diagonal. On a twill weave tie, the ribs are vertical or horizontal.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 421MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Tony, if you can offer these in standard sizing (S, M, L... or 46, 48, 50...), I'm in!

Yes, these polos would be made in standard sizing, like our Henleys and (coming soon) Spectre Turtleneck.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    I think for this film I will be dressing in the style of.... Rather than in the actual I would rather save my sheckles. At these TF prices I will stick with the SM300 and get close replicas to get the look at least the watch will last longer! Put simply I would rather pay 5k for a watch than half than for a piece of clothing JB or not but I guess there are some who would pay both good luck to them.

Personally I will just collect some choice pieces from other brands over the next few years who are showing more support like NPeal, JV and are showing a little more respect to their customer base etc. If a brand chooses to forget most of us are just your average Joe then so be it - I am sure they will come up on eBay over the next 10 years I am in no rush.

But I do feel this is why no franchise should be allowed to capitalise this much off the back of Bond (if I was within the Bond franchise I would be having a word or sourcing my tailor elsewhere). It does appear they are just taking advantage of the JB connection. After this I would be more than happy if TF was dropped for the next film and Bond wearing a decent Savile Row suit and genuine articles like the Moncler not in effect rip offs I think they need a reality check.

Put simply - disgusted from London but it's not going to spoil my premier night :007)

Cheers :(
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Any chance you are going to make the Morroco Jacket as well? The Matchless Craig Blouson
    DBS wrote:

Yes, these polos would be made in standard sizing, like our Henleys and (coming soon) Spectre Turtleneck.
    edited October 2015
    006 wrote:

DSC_0132.jpg

If I had to guess from the pics posted in the TF thread of the various TF suits, the ties are, from L to R:

Black on Black tie (TFJB02-A) - Rome scenes
    Ink tie (TFJB01-C) - worn with Navy Sharkskin suit in Oberhauser scene
    Blue tie (TFJB01-D) - PTS tie
    Navy tie (TFJB01-B) - Q Lab tie
    Grey tie (TFJB01-A) - London Whitehall & JB's flat

It's possible that the Ink tie is worn with the Navy sharkskin suit AND the Q Lab herringbone track-stripe suit, leaving the Navy tie to be worn with the as-of-yet-unseen Dark grey small-check O'Connor suit (possibly for the finale scene?) Just my thoughts.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • ssiddi2ssiddi2 Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    these TF Bond items will sell out fast and not necessarily to Bond fans. i think it was daniel craig that wanted to use tom ford as the designer in quantum of solace so its not like tom ford was jumping through hoops to replace brioni. when you're charging over $1000 for a pair of pants and people are still buying it, you tend to have most of the leverage against your customer base.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    006 wrote:

DSC_0132.jpg

If I had to guess from the pics posted in the TF thread of the various TF suits, the ties are, from L to R:

Black on Black tie (TFJB02-A) - Rome scenes
    Ink tie (TFJB01-C) - worn with Navy Sharkskin suit in Oberhauser scene
    Blue tie (TFJB01-D) - PTS tie
    Navy tie (TFJB01-B) - Q Lab tie
    Grey tie (TFJB01-A) - London Whitehall & JB's flat

It's possible that the Ink tie is worn with the Navy sharkskin suit AND the Q Lab herringbone track-stripe suit, leaving the Navy tie to be worn with the as-of-yet-unseen Dark grey small-check O'Connor suit (possibly for the finale scene?) Just my thoughts.

Kind regards,
    Craig

I think the ink blue tie is worn both with the navy sharkskin suit in Oberhauser's HQ and with the grey suit in Q's lab, and the navy tie—not the lighter blue tie—is the one worn with the blue prince of wales suit in Mexico. The Mexico tie has more of the indigo hue that the navy tie has. The blue tie, if we actually see it in the film, may be worn with the unseen dark grey damier suit (if that suit ends up in the film).
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    I think the ink blue tie is worn both with the navy sharkskin suit in Oberhauser's HQ and with the grey suit in Q's lab, and the navy tie—not the lighter blue tie—is the one worn with the blue prince of wales suit in Mexico. The Mexico tie has more of the indigo hue that the navy tie has. The blue tie, if we actually see it in the film, may be worn with the unseen dark grey damier suit (if that suit ends up in the film).

I think we're on the same page, Matt. I, too, thought the Navy tie was the PTS tie, but there are a few pics where it looks a bit brighter than navy, and perhaps distressed by the wardrobe department to mimic the post-building collapse dust and debris. But your points make sense. And if the tie worn with the grey Q Lab suit scenes is the same as in the Omega ad below (which I have to assume it is), then the Ink tie is definitely the one.

2qjymw8.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I have to ask, does anyone who purchases all these Bond ties from the various films actually ever wear any of them? But for Mantis wearing a TF bow tie with a TF tux to some events I can't recall anyone actually posting about wearing one for anything other than a quick photo.

I will join the chorus of those outraged by Tom Ford's corporate decision to fleece the Bond fans by failing to honor pre-sale pricing. There was offer and acceptance. They are failing to live up to their end of a contract.

While I don't purchase TF clothing I was going to purchase the Snowdons, but not now. I can't give even a little support to that company. As for the Henrys, they just copy the Ray Ban Clubmaster, some of which are still made in Italy and readily available for a fraction of the price.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Maybe complain on instagram / twitter etc in numbers where the public read and it hurts their rep. Maybe someone higher up will take note!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007