Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    How would someone describe these ties as? Twill silk ties?
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 366MI6 Agent
    FYI - I called J crew and they had some of the boots left. I got a size 11, not sure which other sizes they had.
    Does anyone have a good picture of the Rome tie?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Matt B wrote:
    FYI - I called J crew and they had some of the boots left. I got a size 11, not sure which other sizes they had.

Did you call a specific store or national customer support?
    I called the national 1800 number. They are showing as sold out online but there are still some left and only $99! Final sale.
    Matt B wrote:
    I called the national 1800 number. They are showing as sold out online but there are still some left and only $99! Final sale.

image.jpg
    Matt B wrote:
    Matt B wrote:

image.jpg

just called. None left
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    How would someone describe these ties as? Twill silk ties?

These look like Ottoman silk, which is a plain weave with horizontal ribs. Ties are cut on the bias (diagonally), so when you see diagonal lines on a tie that means they're actually straight. Twill ties have ribs that are anything other than 45 degrees (depending on the angle of the twill). An tie with a 45-degree twill will have horizontal or vertical ribs.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    My God, man! Charge your battery. :))
    hthomas wrote:
    Matt B wrote:
    Matt B wrote:

image.jpg

just called. None left
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
    yes my phone actually just died after my last post..very Bond to hang on until the mission is done!
    Sorry the boots are all gone already.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

this is definitely the Matchless jacket. Colour, collar and linings are identical.
    this means it'll have some screentime and is to be seen in at least two different scenes.
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    So if recent comments are to be believed and this is the end of the Craig era, do you think its the end of TF dressing Bond as well?
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    So if recent comments are to be believed and this is the end of the Craig era, do you think its the end of TF dressing Bond as well?

don't think it's the end of DC, but I thought about it yesterday: now that a jacket is probably from Cucinello(?), maybe this means they're losening the TF connection a bit.
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Had this for a bit but never had time to upload a pic.

The Esquire shoot jacket that DC has been wearing around airports :)

Must thank Simon (Sruzgar) who was the first to ID it

Rick%20Owens.jpeg
    Instagram - bondclothes007

I read somewhere that Tom Ford will not do Bond after Craig leaves.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Nice jacket P -{

How does it stand up against your other jackets?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Rick%20Owens.jpeg

Alright Paul, the important questions is, "Does it fit?" Those arms look really long.

It certainly looks different on the floor than it does in the wild. How does it actually look in person?
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Nice jacket Welshie -{ Pics with it on?
    Matt S wrote:

Hooray! 8-)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Matt S wrote:

This is the first time that I hope that Craig really decides to leave. Just for that reason!

In all honestly I am the first person that is guilty to buy overprices James Bond related crap!
    But Mr. Ford's attitude (he makes Mike Jeffries appear to be an amicable person)
    ce48mike-jeffries-ceo-abercrombie-fitch-e1418139028904-1940x1093.jpg

together with his ridiculous pricing and the silly cut of the QoS suits makes this part of collectiong absolutely uninteresting to me and everything is just going over the top!

The last step of canceling already paid preorders says a lot about a company and the people in charge.
    The fact that most of the stuff are simply ripoffs from other traditional clothing items does not make it any better

Bond would never buy his wardrobe from a US designer with this kind of flashy attitude and I sincerely hope that Bond returns to his roots - that is Saville Row and nothing else.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    welshboy78 wrote:

Rick%20Owens.jpeg

very nice! did Simon post what jacket it was on here? I can't seem to find it.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Ive got some quick selfies on phone that I will upload. The ribbed cuff is very long, I think it is supposed to be like this and covers up to hand as seen on DC, I guess technically you could fold over
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Rick%20Owens.jpeg

very nice! did Simon post what jacket it was on here? I can't seem to find it.

Beautiful jacket. I posted a link on p. 152 of this thread. Rick Owens makes the jacket. http://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/rick-owens-band-collar-jacket-item-11132599.aspx?storeid=9453&ffref=lp_pic_11_17_
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    and the silly cut of the QoS suits

Do you mean Skyfall? I haven't heard much criticism in the way of the QoS suit cuts.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    no I mean QoS. Short suit trousers etc.
    I find everything TF too "sharp".

Look at Connery's suits. They fitted phantastically but you had the feeling that his suits where "normal" and not fresh out from the press.
    And you have the feeling that Connery could wear those on a long plane flight and that they'd still look great.

With Craig's TF stuff - it's so sharp and edgy that it's obvious that he's getting a new trouser for almost every take.
    I can almost sense the smell of a brand new suit right out of the store when I see his TF stuff.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

This is the first time that I hope that Craig really decides to leave. Just for that reason!

In all honestly I am the first person that is guilty to buy overprices James Bond related crap!
    But Mr. Ford's attitude (he makes Mike Jeffries appear to be an amicable person)
    ce48mike-jeffries-ceo-abercrombie-fitch-e1418139028904-1940x1093.jpg

together with his ridiculous pricing and the silly cut of the QoS suits makes this part of collectiong absolutely uninteresting to me and everything is just going over the top!

The last step of canceling already paid says a lot about a company and the people in charge.
    The fact that most of the stuff are simply ripoffs from other traditional clothing items does not make it any better

Bond would never buy his wardrobe from a US designer with this kind of flashy attitude and I sincerely hope that Bond returns to his roots - that is Saville Row and nothing else.

What do you think is silly about the cut of the QOS suits? The cut of the SF suits is silly, and to a lesser extent the Spectre suits. But the QOS suits look better than Craig's Brioni suits in CR.

The problem with Bond returning to his roots on (just off) Savile Row is that Bond would also need to return to his roots as a spy and not an action hero. Proper tailors can't handle the number of suits required for Bond. There have been action movies recently that used proper tailors, like Kingsman and The Man from UNCLE, but those films didn't have the kind of stuntwork Bond has had since GE.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Clearly don't have the income to plunge into collecting the TF items... But with these reports of the TF pricing shenanigans I'm happy to buy the stuff from the members here instead (Royale film wear or Magnoli etc)..
    For those looking for a good alternative to Tom Ford suits, may I suggest Hackett. I have about 10 of his suits and they fit me like a glove off the rack and come with side adjusters and working cuffs. I'm not sure about the quality of the newer stuff but the ones I have are British made and hold up great ( I wear suits to work daily).
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Matt B wrote:
    For those looking for a good alternative to Tom Ford suits, may I suggest Hackett. I have about 10 of his suits and they fit me like a glove off the rack and come with side adjusters and working cuffs. I'm not sure about the quality of the newer stuff but the ones I have are British made and hold up great ( I wear suits to work daily).
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also only wear Turnbull and Asser shirts with my suits, they age wonderfully. I think the literary Bond would have discovered early in his life what he liked, bought the best and then worn it daily like a uniform and only replaced things when they were in shreds!
    Brands like Globetrotter, N Peal, Crockett and Jones is what would he would chose..still though, being a collector and fan the Tom Ford stuff is always so tempting..:)
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Matt B wrote:
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hackett have a bit too much influence from their overlords LVMH these days for this Englishman's taste. And I say that as someone with a wardrobe chocked full of their suits probably from the same era you've purchased yours in :#

As for SC's suits, THE Anthony Sinclair always said you should be able to take a well tailored suit, screw it up in a ball and sleep on it, then have it fall back into shape and wear it without any loss of smartness in appearance.
    Skippy wrote:
    As for SC's suits, THE Anthony Sinclair always said you should be able to take a well tailored suit, screw it up in a ball and sleep on it, then have it fall back into shape and wear it without any loss of smartness in appearance.

Unfortunately, that's not usually true with most suits made today, even with very well-made suits. They don't use the same heavier cloths today that they did then (even Anthony Sinclair's "lightweight" suits weren't as light as the typical Super suits today) and most tailors, except for a few on Savile Row, don't use as heavy canvas as they used to.