Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Just looking at pics in the Blood Sweat Bond book

As much as I want the jcrew kentons to be in Spectre, the Morocco boots dont have the brick sole from the pics (unless altered by costume) :(

Just back from film: have to agree re boots and its not just sand and dust covering the soles, definitely no reddish colour.

Canoe2 was suggesting the possibility of the Kenton's not being the correct boot, due to the lack of a red sole, right before the movie was released. He was thinking it might be some sort of white label deal between JCrew and another company. This theory seems to have some support considering what you guys are saying. Do we have any good pics?

Will try to pull some decent ones when home
    Just sitting down for 2nd Spectre viewing
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Watched v carefully and Jcrew Kentons red sole on view as Bond climbs steps... But looks to be desert boots after that with BC jacket outfit
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Has anyone found anything more out about the day of the dead costume- been looking but no luck at all
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Thomo wrote:
    Has anyone found anything more out about the day of the dead costume- been looking but no luck at all
    looks like a black suit with bones painted on.
    Thomo wrote:

But not been able to find anything like it - not close enough anyway, was wondering if anyone had any better luck
    Thomo wrote:
    Thomo wrote:

But not been able to find anything like it - not close enough anyway, was wondering if anyone had any better luck
    probably because you have to buy a black suit, shirt and tie and paint the bones on yourself.
    Think that may be pretty difficult?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    That'll be the easy bit. Finding good matches for the hat, mask and frock coat will be the hard part.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    edited November 2015
    Asp9mm wrote:
    That'll be the easy bit. Finding good matches for the hat, mask and frock coat will be the hard part.

Not for me I'm afraid - be nice to find one able to purchase
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Thomo wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

I'm guessing that is was made by a costumer for the film and isn't something that can be purchased. Unless Magnoli can recreate it.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 367MI6 Agent
    Matchless jacket only $1100 at Selfridges. All sizes look to be available.
    http://www.selfridges.com/US/en/cat/matchless-bond-suede-jacket_319-3003384-113159SCARLET/?previewAttribute=Natural
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Matt B wrote:

Nice to see a more consistent price for US buyers. However, those pictures really don't help to sell the jacket. It looks bland and does not go with the jeans. I know it's just the Selfridges' pictures since member pics were much better.

For members here who have the jacket, what do you think about it now that you've seen the screen used version in action? Do the differences (matchless badge, lack of collar hooks) matter to you?
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Matt B wrote:

Nice to see a more consistent price for US buyers. However, those pictures really don't help to sell the jacket. It looks bland and does not go with the jeans. I know it's just the Selfridges' pictures since member pics were much better.

For members here who have the jacket, what do you think about it now that you've seen the screen used version in action? Do the differences (matchless badge, lack of collar hooks) matter to you?

I do not own it; however, the differences from the screen used one bother me but not to the point of not wanting it anymore. In my opinion, these are small things and don't detract from the entire jacket.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Sorry if this has been answered already, I couldn't find anything...but has the tie in the last scene been identified?

The one Bond wears with the TF check suit.
  • DCMDCM Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    I've just received a parcel from Selfridges and boy am I happy that I ordered "S". Thanks again for your help!

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Instagram: Classy Tourist

• JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    This talk about Bond's Day of the Dead costume has made me think. Sam Mendes has said Live and Let Die is an influence, and Bond's costume is quite similar to Baron Samedi's outfit:

http://screenmusings.org/movie/dvd/Live-and-Let-Die/pages/Live-and-Let-Die-671.htm

Coincidence?
    Don't know if this has been posted here yet but its a pic of Craig in the TF polo. Looks like i'll be hitting forearms twice as hard now because his are huge.

dcs.jpg
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    Thomo wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

I bought this, it's pretty cheap but looks the part. They also sell the hat, the mask however I've yet to find.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C6U4MD8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Thomo wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

I bought this, it's pretty cheap but looks the part. They also sell the hat, the mask however I've yet to find.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C6U4MD8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I recommend sizing down to get the correct SA fit

:p
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    DCM wrote:
    I've just received a parcel from Selfridges and boy am I happy that I ordered "S". Thanks again for your help!

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Congrats DCM :007)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • SShurSShur Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Call me crazy but i think i may have found the pants from the poster. Ordered a pair cause i thought they were cool looking joggers and when i opened they package, they looked absolutely nothing like the website photo but did look very similar to the poster sweats. More of a cloth in person than the website shows (website makes it look plasticky) and when on person and slightly stretched have that small check pattern from the poster. I'm not going to say i know they're the same, but they very well may be.

http://www.kennethcole.com/men/clothing/pants-and-shorts/skinny-fit-knit-jogger-MMF5BKP02.html?dwvar_MMF5BKP02_color=001&dwvar_MMF5BKP02_size=10985#q=joggers&start=11
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    DCM wrote:

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Looking good -{
    YNWA 97
  • sostophersostopher Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    SShur wrote:
    Call me crazy but i think i may have found the pants from the poster. Ordered a pair cause i thought they were cool looking joggers and when i opened they package, they looked absolutely nothing like the website photo but did look very similar to the poster sweats. More of a cloth in person than the website shows (website makes it look plasticky) and when on person and slightly stretched have that small check pattern from the poster. I'm not going to say i know they're the same, but they very well may be.

http://www.kennethcole.com/men/clothing/pants-and-shorts/skinny-fit-knit-jogger-MMF5BKP02.html?dwvar_MMF5BKP02_color=001&dwvar_MMF5BKP02_size=10985#q=joggers&start=11

You're crazy without posting an image :P
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    Having seen the movie, I think the casual outfits that look the best are the Morocco matchless jacket+either blue polo or light blue shirt and the Solden one. Not a fan of the Mr white outfit after all, despite liking the jacket when it was first revealed. What are your thoughts? What casual outfit do you think work best?
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    My favourite outfits and those that I think work best are the Moroccan Matchless jacket with navy polo, the Moroccan desert suit, the Moroccan navy suit and the John Varvatos jacket and NPeal black turtle neck (although I'm not at all keen on the sanders boots with that outfit/colour scheme).
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    I'm a big fan of the chinos and polo shirt look that seems to be a common thread throughout the films. Have to say though, I did think the TF polo looked a little short in the body.
    i also think the matchless jacket/TF polo outfit was the best, Craig looked great in it. the John Varvatos jacket London look was probably my least favorite casual outfit.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    ...the John Varvatos jacket and NPeal black turtle neck (although I'm not at all keen on the sanders boots with that outfit/colour scheme).

+1 a pair of proper chukka boots would work far better :007)
    canoe2 wrote:
    Thomo wrote:

I recommend sizing down to get the correct SA fit

:p

I saw that one yes, it's close but not quite there but very good.
  • McCoyMcCoy Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    I've just discovered this online deal on the Danner black mountain boots. 60% off. Seems too good to be true: price is £79.99, or US$120.61, the pair, with 108 units in stock... Anyone have any insights on ordering from this site?

http://www.stran.co.uk/danner-mountain-light-ii-black-boots-item-code13385119-p-498.html