Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    Feeling a bit gutted ,having forked out the best part of £500.00 on a pair of Camberlys , only to see or not see as the case may be ,you can hardly see them in the Funeral in Rome scenes :#

I would not lose sleep over it. Too me, the double monk strapped boot is the most interesting bit of footwear in the whole Spectre line up from CJ, every other shoe is more or less a cap toe or plain toe shoes. Nothing really stands out. At the end of the day you have a Bond boot that looks amazing from the movie. So what if it does have a lot of screen time? Congrats dude on owning a piece of British boot making history as well as a unique bit of James Bond wardrobe.

I agree. These are very unique boots, and beautiful boots. Bond's footwear is never heavily featured in the films anyway.

Never buy clothes only because James Bond wears them. You need to like what you purchase as if Bond didn't wear it. If you wouldn't buy anything like it if Bond didn't wear it, it isn't a worthwhile purchase. Bond (Connery's) taught me how to dress, but I realise that everything Bond wears is not for me. We need to be true to ourselves first, before Bond.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    DCM wrote:
    Hi,

I have question with respect to the sizing of the Matchless Blouson. I personally own the N.Peal sweaters (Skyfall sweater in XS, the Spectre turtle neck and cable roll sweater both in S) and also wear the Billy Read coat in small. The only time I had to get a medium so far was with the Barbour To Ki To Sports Jacket - Due to the uncommon high placement of the armholes, I simply wasn't able to wear the jacket comfortably.

My question is what size you would recommend to me with the Matchless Blouson? Is their anything to consider like with the Barbour To Ki To armholes? Something special about the fit (slim/regular etc.)

Thank you very much for your help!

I wear a M in the Barbour, and also wear a medium in the BR pea coat. With the Matchless, I also got the medium. It's def a slimmer fit, but not as snug as the Barbour, esp in the shoulders. For reference, I have a 40" chest and a 32" waist. I find the M in the Matchless to be well fitted without being constricted. Hope this helps a little.
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    ExpatJB wrote:
    Thanks Martini. I'm lucky that I fit Ralph Lauren black label and Carolina Herrera (which this suit is) very well off the rack.

I think I might fit it quite well OTR, but simply can't afford it, nor have a job where a suit is necessary :(
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • DCMDCM Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    rebenton wrote:

I wear a M in the Barbour, and also wear a medium in the BR pea coat. With the Matchless, I also got the medium. It's def a slimmer fit, but not as snug as the Barbour, esp in the shoulders. For reference, I have a 40" chest and a 32" waist. I find the M in the Matchless to be well fitted without being constricted. Hope this helps a little.

Thank you, rebenton. Yes, it helps.

Since a small Barbour feels comfortable to me - except for the armholes - and the BR (also S) has still room for another "sweatshirt layer", I almost think S is best for me. A little while ago, Craig posted some pictures of a S (post 3931) which made me think that the cut of the Matchless Blouson would be rather tight on the hips.

Would be great to hear further opinions. Thank you.

Instagram: Classy Tourist

• martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    Feeling a bit gutted ,having forked out the best part of £500.00 on a pair of Camberlys , only to see or not see as the case may be ,you can hardly see them in the Funeral in Rome scenes :#

I'll buy them off you for a tenner.

Seriously, as Matt S said, be inspired for sure, but don't worry so much about what is visible in a film or not. I'm the reverse; I am less likely to purchase something if it has such heavy product placement that the general public are going to associate it with James Bond.
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,120MI6 Agent
    It's interesting that some of the items people got excited about here aren't seen or noticed in the film. Such as the JB cufflinks or Danner Boot Grips. Even if you know where to look in the film, you can't spot these items!
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    It's interesting that some of the items people got excited about here aren't seen or noticed in the film. Such as the JB cufflinks or Danner Boot Grips. Even if you know where to look in the film, you can't spot these items!

I think the boot grips were only ever seen on DC in-between shooting. There were never any pics of him with them in costume
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    It sounds like a small is best
    DCM wrote:
    rebenton wrote:

Thank you, rebenton. Yes, it helps.

Since a small Barbour feels comfortable to me - except for the armholes - and the BR (also S) has still room for another "sweatshirt layer", I almost think S is best for me. A little while ago, Craig posted some pictures of a S (post 3931) which made me think that the cut of the Matchless Blouson would be rather tight on the hips.

Would be great to hear further opinions. Thank you.
    The Mantis wrote:

Thank you, David.

I really hope it becomes available again.

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent

Don't worry be happy - you are in an exclusive club 'as worn by JB' and those in the know will know :007)

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    DCM wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Thank you, David.

DCM are you in the UK? Selfridges London had a small when I was there on Saturday
    Thank you very much, kadd.

No, I live in Germany, but I since it's one of the last chances to get my hands on the Craig Blouson, I'll order it. :-) Thanks again.

• HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    DCM wrote:
    Thank you very much, kadd.

No, I live in Germany, but I since it's one of the last chances to get my hands on the Craig Blouson, I'll order it. :-) Thanks again.

if you can go to munich, they have some, too.
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    edited October 2015
    Thank you, HatThrowingHenchman.

That's interesting, but I already placed my order at Selfridges. For the case that something goes wrong, would tell me the name of the store (I live in Stuttgart ca. 200 kilometres away from Munich)? Thank you!

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Never buy clothes only because James Bond wears them. You need to like what you purchase as if Bond didn't wear it. If you wouldn't buy anything like it if Bond didn't wear it, it isn't a worthwhile purchase. Bond (Connery's) taught me how to dress, but I realise that everything Bond wears is not for me. We need to be true to ourselves first, before Bond.

{[] I completely agree.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 525MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    DCM wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Thank you, David.

DCM are you in the UK? Selfridges London had a small when I was there on Saturday

Hi I pooped into selfrdiges the other day and the staff there had no idea what i was talking about when i asked and then even showed them a picture of the matchless jacket!! Can you tell me where they were? Thanks!!
    sunny01 wrote:
    kadd wrote:
    DCM wrote:

Thank you, David.

Hi I pooped into selfrdiges the other day and the staff there had no idea what i was talking about when i asked and then even showed them a picture of the matchless jacket!! Can you tell me where they were? Thanks!!

I hope that's a spelling mistake! Otherwise anybody going into Selfridges, that smell is due to Sunny! :D

Just kidding. So it was in the casual section of the Menswear floor. Right next to Ted Baker, there was just one rail of Matchless jackets. This had the Craig blouson and a few leather pieces.

Hope this helps!
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    DCM wrote:
    Thank you, HatThrowingHenchman.

That's interesting, but I already placed my order at Selfridges. For the case that something goes wrong, would tell me the name of the store (I live in Stuttgart ca. 200 kilometres away from Munich)? Thank you!

The name is Hirmer at the Stachus :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Hirmer at the Stachus

Danke. ;)

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 525MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    sunny01 wrote:
    kadd wrote:

I hope that's a spelling mistake! Otherwise anybody going into Selfridges, that smell is due to Sunny! :D

Just kidding. So it was in the casual section of the Menswear floor. Right next to Ted Baker, there was just one rail of Matchless jackets. This had the Craig blouson and a few leather pieces.

Hope this helps!

Thanks dude ...well spotted and very funny....yep i crapped all over the place once they could not tell me where the jacket was!! I had to give them some feedback on the level of customer service!! :))
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone, just wanted to confirm that the Tom Ford Solden jacket on sale in Selfridges is the SA in Spectre. Selfridges have the colour listed as charcoal whereas TF website definitely shows the navy and grey colours. Also for those that have it, is it a good buy?
    Cheers.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Its interesting that a lot of posters on here said that the Solden blouson was incredibly rare and were flying off the shelf but when I went to Harrods and Selfridges they had quite a lot of them.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    After saying I wasn't going to buy the Matchless blouson, I am now (of course) having second thoughts. I've scrolled through the posts in this thread to get feedback about sizing. But I thought I might as well ask outright. I'm a 42 in US jackets, but with fairly broad shoulders and big biceps. Is anyone else that size? What did you get? The larges seem to be gone, so I can't buy two and return the one that doesn't fit. But extra-larges are still available.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone, just wanted to confirm that the Tom Ford Solden jacket on sale in Selfridges is the SA in Spectre. Selfridges have the colour listed as charcoal whereas TF website definitely shows the navy and grey colours. Also for those that have it, is it a good buy?
    Cheers.

Yes it is the same. Charcoal wool but navy ftont

I think the price will prove to be good value given how frequently i wear it and how good it looks on

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Cheverian wrote:
    After saying I wasn't going to buy the Matchless blouson, I am now (of course) having second thoughts. I've scrolled through the posts in this thread to get feedback about sizing. But I thought I might as well ask outright. I'm a 42 in US jackets, but with fairly broad shoulders and big biceps. Is anyone else that size? What did you get? The larges seem to be gone, so I can't buy two and return the one that doesn't fit. But extra-larges are still available.

I am 6ft, athletic and a 41 in TF and had both l and xl... Opted to keep the l as just a better SA fit for me

• ashwinsuresh1ashwinsuresh1 Los Angeles, CA, United StatesPosts: 104MI6 Agent
    Its interesting that a lot of posters on here said that the Solden blouson was incredibly rare and were flying off the shelf but when I went to Harrods and Selfridges they had quite a lot of them.
    It was supposed to be but I heard another production run was done to accommodate the sheer demand.
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Cheers.

I think the price will prove to be good value given how frequently i wear it and how good it looks on

M
    Thanks for the advice 007JBDCMWR. Had a scroll through some of the other threads and it does look great from the photos. I'm sold. Now off to sell a kidney.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Cheers.

M
    Thanks for the advice 007JBDCMWR. Had a scroll through some of the other threads and it does look great from the photos. I'm sold. Now off to sell a kidney.

Its a sh.....d of money. But if you wear something 20 times that costs £200, and you wear this 150 times, its the same cost £ per wear.

Its so usable thats entirely possible! Well thats how I convinced myself

And then add on how you feel - bargain 8-)

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,155MI6 Agent
    ^I like you're thinking.. {[]
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    anyone have any clue who makes this jacket DC is wearing?
    vlcsnap_2015_10_30_22h07m36s788_zpsvrog6wvi.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond