Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• ashwinsuresh1ashwinsuresh1 Los Angeles, CA, United StatesPosts: 104MI6 Agent
    Here's me with the TF dinner jacket on -{ Wearing with a TF shirt, bowtie and O'Connor pants. TF patent oxfords not pictured. Happy with the purchase although this'll be lucky to be worn once a year lol. Much more likely to use the Solden jacket.

image.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    anyone have any clue who makes this jacket DC is wearing?
    vlcsnap_2015_10_30_22h07m36s788_zpsvrog6wvi.jpg

Smart*ss answer: something that doesn't go with the rest of his outfit and is meant to be worn by a man more your age, Harris.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Yes it is the same. Charcoal wool but navy ftont

I think the price will prove to be good value given how frequently i wear it and how good it looks on

M
    Thanks for the advice 007JBDCMWR. Had a scroll through some of the other threads and it does look great from the photos. I'm sold. Now off to sell a kidney.

Its a sh.....d of money. But if you wear something 20 times that costs £200, and you wear this 150 times, its the same cost £ per wear.

Its so usable thats entirely possible! Well thats how I convinced myself

And then add on how you feel - bargain 8-)

Can't really argue there, Mark, (well, yes, I could :D) but I'm less likely to care if my supernatural snags on something than a Tom Ford. That, and I'm in California so I'll never get 150 wears out of any winter clothing. I have winter boots over 20 years old that look almost brand new.
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

Maybe a Members Only jacket? Reminds me of those
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

Smart*ss answer: something that doesn't go with the rest of his outfit and is meant to be worn by a man more your age, Harris.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Thanks for the advice 007JBDCMWR. Had a scroll through some of the other threads and it does look great from the photos. I'm sold. Now off to sell a kidney.

Its a sh.....d of money. But if you wear something 20 times that costs £200, and you wear this 150 times, its the same cost £ per wear.

Can't really argue there, Mark, (well, yes, I could :D) but I'm less likely to care if my supernatural snags on something than a Tom Ford. That, and I'm in California so I'll never get 150 wears out of any winter clothing. I have winter boots over 20 years old that look almost brand new.

:)) :)) :))
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • DoctorHollidayDoctorHolliday Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

Maybe a Members Only jacket? Reminds me of those

Looks like a Belstaff H or K racer to me
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Belstaff

Nice job!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

Just read the description and sizing of the jacket. The dimensions in inches can't be accurate. The chest of the 56 is only 21.3 inches? My size large JV racer must translate as a 58 to Belstaff. True to size my.... :))

Still, excellent ID DoctorHolliday. -{
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

Just read the description and sizing of the jacket. The dimensions in inches can't be accurate. The chest of the 56 is only 21.3 inches? My size large JV racer must translate as a 58 to Belstaff. True to size my.... :))

Belstaffs run slim. Similar to Moncler in my exp
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    hthomas wrote:

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Steve, I have the SN too, but have worn it so much it persuaded me to buy the TF. I love it...

Wear that mid layer stuff a lot in NE UK.... Even in mid summer B-)

Is it worth gbp1450, nope, but itx what you pay if you want one. Might buy Dans rep too for the pub or get the SN tailored shorter...

• GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Never buy clothes only because James Bond wears them. You need to like what you purchase as if Bond didn't wear it. If you wouldn't buy anything like it if Bond didn't wear it, it isn't a worthwhile purchase. Bond (Connery's) taught me how to dress, but I realise that everything Bond wears is not for me. We need to be true to ourselves first, before Bond.

{[] I completely agree.

+1 sage advice :007)
  • FierceFierce Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    GaryD_007 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Never buy clothes only because James Bond wears them. You need to like what you purchase as if Bond didn't wear it. If you wouldn't buy anything like it if Bond didn't wear it, it isn't a worthwhile purchase. Bond (Connery's) taught me how to dress, but I realise that everything Bond wears is not for me. We need to be true to ourselves first, before Bond.

{[] I completely agree.

+1 sage advice :007)

+2 After a number of quality control issues with Church's and Ryder and fit issues with C&J, John Smedley and Barbour, I have decided to be inspired by rather than dogmatically follow Bond's "choices".
  • valkyrionvalkyrion Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    +3
    i only shop bond's wardrobe if something is according to my preferences.
    i bought a billy reid peacoat,riviera polo shirt and some john smedley's bobby's and so far i am extremely happy with my purchases.
    my aim now is dan's rep from solden jacket as i cant afford tom ford's prices which i would love to wear.
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Saw the Spectre collection in Tom Ford Manhattan today, very impressive. They only had one of the Moncler style jacket whatever it's called, in my size too, but didn't try it on. They did however have an utterly gorgeous leather jacket for $4500 or so ! Must admit I thoroughly enjoyed my trip there and I was treated with utter respect despite reading the contrary on here sometimes. Didn't see Daniel Craig through !
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Don't get me wrong ,I like my Camberlys ,but I needed a new pair of shoes for my sons wedding ,and as I had a new suit made
    (funeral in Rome suit) the Camberlys were the obvious choice. It was a toss up of a cheaper shoe, ie something from Russel and Bromley,and getting the Islays also or just going the whole hog and get the Camberlys , But saying that ive had a lot of people admire my Camberlys and quite rightly so. :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Matt S wrote:

I only wear my Bond clothes in a SA way. For instance, I won't wear my Barbour with any other clothing other than my half SA, half frugal pieces that complete the SA outfit. Not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with wearing Bond clothes in whatever way you want. Whatever makes you happy, if you ask me. I don't mind putting an entire outfit together with frugal or non frugal clothes (that arn't completely SA) to get a SA look though. I know what you mean though. I have no problem adjusting my outfit to fit, like with Brosnan outfits that were way too big on him, I replicate the look but with a tailored fit. For me, Bond clothing is all about the vibe I get from wearing the clothes. I don't collect any other movie clothing, it's all Bond for me. I just like that feeling of being James Bond, of the way my world transforms into a fantasy world when I have a complete outfit on. I also feel most comfortable in Bond outfits because they feel safe, it's like armour for me. I grew up very poor though, so that might have something to do with it. I'm pretty sure there are some deep psychological issues there that a forum won't be enough to cure :))
    But, whatever :)) It's all in good fun for me.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    Here's me with the TF dinner jacket on -{ Wearing with a TF shirt, bowtie and O'Connor pants. TF patent oxfords not pictured. Happy with the purchase although this'll be lucky to be worn once a year lol. Much more likely to use the Solden jacket.

image.jpg

Looks fantastic man! I'm super jealous. Congratulations sir.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
  • mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

Members only? :))
  • mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent

image.jpg

+1
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    mrgatsby wrote:

image.jpg

+1

Yep, definitely a great sharp look you have going on there ashwinsuresh1 :007) Money well spent, congrats -{
  • DoctorHollidayDoctorHolliday Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

I just got in a 56 Belstaff H Racer the other day. I am 6'5" and 255 pounds and usually a 44/46 in suiting. I can wear the jacket and zip it up with a tee shirt or something on underneath but the arms and shoulders pull a lot with movement. Will be returning and trying to source a 58 I think.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    My Halloween costume tonight as I give out candy to kids...naturally!

image.jpg
    Just looking at pics in the Blood Sweat Bond book

As much as I want the jcrew kentons to be in Spectre, the Morocco boots dont have the brick sole from the pics (unless altered by costume) :(

• DCMDCM Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

image.jpg

Great! :) Happy Halloween!

Instagram: Classy Tourist

• MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Agreed on the comments above regarding wearing clothes from the Bond films because they suit you... Just today I wore my Barbour to my daughters game.. with jeans and a dark brown chamois shirt.. I'd feel silly only wearing it with cords and the NPeal sweater.. Like I was in costume etc.. It was an expensive jacket (for me).. Just like my Menlo, JV racer or my BR pea coat.. I'm going to get my money's worth out of them.. They rotate in and out of daily wear when possible.. but I'm not constrained by having to be screen accurate if I am going to wear them.. In the end they're just jackets with a cool link to the film line.. But I'm not Bond.. and not on film.. Just a guy at my kid's game :)
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

image.jpg

That's cool. Where did you manage to get it ?
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

As much as I want the jcrew kentons to be in Spectre, the Morocco boots dont have the brick sole from the pics (unless altered by costume) :(

Just back from film: have to agree re boots and its not just sand and dust covering the soles, definitely no reddish colour. I suspect trousers are also the same with Brunello Cucinelli blazer and Matchless Jacket, just the variation of light causing the varying tones.
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Has anyone identified Monica Bellucci's dress, the one which Bond slips her out of so stylishly, yet? Mrs C-H suspected Ted Baker, and really likes it, but we can't see anything like it on the TB website.
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Has anyone identified Monica Bellucci's dress, the one which Bond slips her out of so stylishly, yet? Mrs C-H suspected Ted Baker, and really likes it, but we can't see anything like it on the TB website.

Imagine its something more high end if worn by MB!!

Would like to know also since I have already bought my other half two dresses from the movie!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Just back from film: have to agree re boots and its not just sand and dust covering the soles, definitely no reddish colour.

Canoe2 was suggesting the possibility of the Kenton's not being the correct boot, due to the lack of a red sole, right before the movie was released. He was thinking it might be some sort of white label deal between JCrew and another company. This theory seems to have some support considering what you guys are saying. Do we have any good pics?
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    ajd_007 wrote:
    What are peoples thoughts on this suit? As I believe this is the one from the PTS.

TF_MENS_BOND_LOOK_5.jpg

I loved the suit in the PTS. I have an almost identical one by Pierre Cardin from about ten years ago so the trousers don't fit me any more. I'd love it to go to a good home. If anyone is interested please PM or email me. Size wise, it's UK inches. Jacket is 38 reg. Trousers 32 short.