Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    I'll add my two cents on the OB shirt as I believe it IS one of their linen shirts worn with the Matchless jacket on the train. The details seem to match up. There is definitely a linen texture/pattern visible on the shirt and the shorter collar length seems to match. But the buttons look slightly darker than the shirt material. There are currently two OB shirts that match these characteristics - the Gibson and the Morton.

The Gibson appears to be a previous season's piece as it's currently on sale at some clothing sites and not appearing on OB's site. The Morton appears to be the current season's shirt and is readily available online. The difference between these shirts is a subtle stripe-pattern and a left chest pocket on the Gibson, while the Morton has no pocket and just a linen texture. If we could see under the Matchless as to whether there is a pocket, we would know which shirt it is.

Shirts with chest pockets tend to be more "casual," so perhaps it is the Gibson. I know that usually applies for dress shirts and perhaps not linen (as linen would automatically be more casual anyway), but maybe Matt S. can weigh in on that. Given that the Gibson is also from a previous season, it may make sense that this is the shirt given that the wardrobe would have purchased the shirt 12 months ago or more. If the Morton was only just released, it is most likely not the shirt. Again, this info is just my two cents.

big_startfilmru1307484_R1.jpg

Matchless%20Morocco%202R.jpg

OB%20Compare%201R.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
    David,

I have to say that these BC trousers run a bit large - perhaps a full size. I ordered these same trousers in a size 48 (which is my size in the Acne Wall Streets and in TF trousers), but these are quite a bit roomier in the waist and all the way through the legs. I have a pair of 46 on the way, so hopefully those will fit better. I'll post pics of them, along with another pair I ordered, which should be the same style/color M067DF1050 C1581 (believed to be the screen-used info from BC) that was posted earlier and available via Harrods.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    The Mantis wrote:
    Is the waist size pretty true to size?
    Tintin wrote:
    Hi guys, I just got my Brunello Cucinelli trousers.
    It is not the from BC suggested version (M067DF1050 C1581) of 100% cotton. The pant has a 3% amount of elastane.
    It may also have a minimal tighter cut. Otherwise, all the other details and the color code (C1581) are the same.

brunellocucine3a5xlqwg2n.jpg

When I consider that I'm much taller than Daniel Craig, I think it matches very well the screen used fit.

brunellocucine0lyp8dkfqw.jpg

I ordered the trouser at YOOX and I'm happy with whose service and the purchase. Not to mention at the price, although I think € 250 are not a bargain for a simple chino.

http://www.yoox.com/de/36670550CX/item#sts=orders80&cod10=36670550CX&sizeId=
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Want to sell me your 48s?
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Thanks Craig for that mock up. Very good chance it is a OB shirt!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    I'll add my two cents on the OB shirt as I believe it IS one of their linen shirts worn with the Matchless jacket on the train. The details seem to match up. There is definitely a linen texture/pattern visible on the shirt and the shorter collar length seems to match. But the buttons look slightly darker than the shirt material. There are currently two OB shirts that match these characteristics - the Gibson and the Morton.

The Gibson appears to be a previous season's piece as it's currently on sale at some clothing sites and not appearing on OB's site. The Morton appears to be the current season's shirt and is readily available online. The difference between these shirts is a subtle stripe-pattern and a left chest pocket on the Gibson, while the Morton has no pocket and just a linen texture. If we could see under the Matchless as to whether there is a pocket, we would know which shirt it is.

Shirts with chest pockets tend to be more "casual," so perhaps it is the Gibson. I know that usually applies for dress shirts and perhaps not linen (as linen would automatically be more casual anyway), but maybe Matt S. can weigh in on that. Given that the Gibson is also from a previous season, it may make sense that this is the shirt given that the wardrobe would have purchased the shirt 12 months ago or more. If the Morton was only just released, it is most likely not the shirt. Again, this info is just my two cents.

big_startfilmru1307484_R1.jpg

Matchless%20Morocco%202R.jpg

OB%20Compare%201R.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig

I'm no expert on this by any means, but doesn't the Gibson colar look too short so that it could fold up again?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 368MI6 Agent
    For what it's worth, I have probably owned 20 pair of Cucinelli pants and shorts over the years and 250 Euros is a great deal ( retail is about $750), they are super comfortable and the fabric is beautiful..but, they are not very hard-wearing / durable and are really best for "occasion wear". The chinos come in regular fit and slim fit. The regular fit is always a bit baggy (compared to other Italian brands) in the seat but perfect in the leg as they are perfectly tapered. The slim fit looks great on talk skinny people but it is really is slim so if you are an athlete they will be too tight for your legs. This pant is the regular fit and I highly recommend it!
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    regarding the OB linen shirts.. that Gibson appears to be too greyish blue / muted.. whereas the screen shirt appeared to be a more vibrant sky color like the Morton.. but agreed on the issue of the Morton being a more recent release.. :#
    I'm no expert on this by any means, but doesn't the Gibson colar look too short so that it could fold up again?

I thought that as well, until I saw this pic (this is the Gibson shirt but with white buttons) -

gibson_linen_shirt.jpg

With the top button undone, it seems to relax the collar a bit, so I think the collar is the same as on the Morton.
    MFisher wrote:
    regarding the OB linen shirts.. that Gibson appears to be too greyish blue / muted.. whereas the screen shirt appeared to be a more vibrant sky color like the Morton.. but agreed on the issue of the Morton being a more recent release.. :#

It's hard to tell what the true color is from these various online retailers. I don't really trust the colors as each site produces their own photographs. It seems to look different on every site, just like we've seen with the JV Racer, etc. We're looking into when the Morton was added to OB's collection. If it's a recent addition, it's highly unlikely it's the shirt as wardrobe would have sourced it long ago (I believe the Morocco scenes were filmed in April, but those train shots may have been done earlier - most likely on stage at Pinewood).

The question regarding the Morton (if it turns out to be the shirt) is which color scheme is it, as there are several different colors and buttons. OB's current offering on their site has buttons that appear to match the fabric color, while sites like Selfridges has one with darker buttons. To me, the buttons look darker on the shirt in the film, but that may also be due to the lighting. I'd need to watch it again and pay close attention to that scene. What do others think?

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    David,

I have to say that these BC trousers run a bit large - perhaps a full size. I ordered these same trousers in a size 48 (which is my size in the Acne Wall Streets and in TF trousers), but these are quite a bit roomier in the waist and all the way through the legs. I have a pair of 46 on the way, so hopefully those will fit better. I'll post pics of them, along with another pair I ordered, which should be the same style/color M067DF1050 C1581 (believed to be the screen-used info from BC) that was posted earlier and available via Harrods.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    The Mantis wrote:
    Tintin wrote:
    It is not the from BC suggested version (M067DF1050 C1581) of 100% cotton. The pant has a 3% amount of elastane.
    It may also have a minimal tighter cut. Otherwise, all the other details and the color code (C1581) are the same.

When I consider that I'm much taller than Daniel Craig, I think it matches very well the screen used fit.

I ordered the trouser at YOOX and I'm happy with whose service and the purchase. Not to mention at the price, although I think € 250 are not a bargain for a simple chino.

I've ordered a pair through YOOX, got last pair of 38" waist. Will post when they arrive. If not a good fit then they'll come on here before I ship them back :p
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Orlebar Brown appear to have become a fairly big brand since Skyfall. I remember my first purchase (Skyfall shorts) and I was dealing personally with the founder however I have lost his email / name.

Anybody got his contact and approached him with these train pictures for his thoughts (rather then the usual rep who doesn't careless)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    David,

Kind regards,
    Craig
    The Mantis wrote:
    Tintin wrote:

If anyone has a pair of these in it50, and going to return them, please pm me instead!
    Cheers
    Mark
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Orlebar Brown appear to have become a fairly big brand since Skyfall. I remember my first purchase (Skyfall shorts) and I was dealing personally with the founder however I have lost his email / name.

Anybody got his contact and approached him with these train pictures for his thoughts (rather then the usual rep who doesn't careless)

In fairness the girls in the uk office are really on it and very helpful?

edited November 2015
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Are they investigating? I simply thought I read they did not know anything

PS - when I said the "usual rep who didn't care less" I didn't specifically mean OB! Just reps in general who are clearly dont care to follow things up
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    TheExit148 wrote:

The more I look at the boots, the less I believe they are the J.Crew Kentons. The shape of the sole and the heel don't match.

I know DC wore them IRL from those airport pics, but I don't think they are the same boots used in the film.
    Looking at the pictures in the DK Behind the Scenes of Spectre book, they are 100% the J Crew Kentons. You can see the red sole in a couple of the shots.

I was sceptical on the JCrews when they were touted at the start, but there are comparison pics on here which show they are dead on. The thing your are seeing with the toe on the ones worn on screen it typical toe softening of desert boots, as they tend not to have a internal toe cap supporting the suede outer.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Are they investigating? I simply thought I read they did not know anything

PS - when I said the "usual rep who didn't care less" I didn't specifically mean OB! Just reps in general who are clearly dont care to follow things up

Havent asked Natslie but will tomoro

No worries, know how dismissive so many are. Natalie personally located and posted me an Amalfi a while back. Sure she will do some digging for us...

Re CW's TF's heres a good shot?
    DSC_0558.jpg

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I think I've figured out the ties for each scene:

Blue tie (medium blue): with the blue Prince of Wales check suit in Mexico
    Grey tie: with grey herringbone track stripe suit and crombie coat at Whitehall and Bond's flat
    Navy tie (indigo-blue): with grey herringbone track stripe suit and crombie coat at Q's lab getting the Smart Blood
    Black-on-black tie: with black three-piece suit and bridge coat in Rome
    Rust knitted tie: with brown sports coat in Morocco
    Ink tie (darkest navy): with blue sharkskin suit meeting Obenhauser at his lair in Morocco

When comparing the three blue ties in stills side-by-side this is what I saw in comparison to the colours of the ties side-by-side. After seeing the film twice, I couldn't tell which tie was paired with the damier check three-piece suit at the end. Does anyone have a picture of Craig in that suit?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I also could not figure out the end scene tie, it was so dark in Qs workshop it looked black
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I also could not figure out the end scene tie, it was so dark in Qs workshop it looked black

It looked black in the DB5 as well..
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    In the final scene, when Bond gets in the car and you get a quick close up, I'm sure I saw horizontal lines on the tie. As opposed to angled lines like the other ties already identified.
    kadd wrote:
    In the final scene, when Bond gets in the car and you get a quick close up, I'm sure I saw horizontal lines on the tie. As opposed to angled lines like the other ties already identified.

Hmm come to think of it I remember thinking something similar on my last viewing!! The mrs wants to see it on Thursday so will take another look
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Tintin wrote:

The overlayed section looks completely different. Screen worn are pointed shaped stitched whereas the J Crew version are squarer shaped.

I also doubt the ground dust would cover the red colour of the soles completely as people believe it would. Screen worn soles do not appear to be two tone in colour at all to me.
    Gents, there are conversations with production and OB...still haven't determined which OB it is and we may not find out for sure from sources other than maybe OB iding it. I am dealing with thomas, senior director of OB and he is on the case.
    Cool. Good to hear that David
    BTW, as you run around and look for these shirts and pants, take a few minutes to break and watch this video of our visit to N.PEAL in London and a discussion of all things Bond...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x7ekhTlDwg
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    This is the shot from the Spectre Behind the Scenes book. It's the best I could get (sorry for phone pic). You can see the red sole.

http://imgur.com/xMxnoKt Link here, and image below (is blown up too much, see link for better pic)

xMxnoKt.jpg?2
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Craig can be seen here wearing the Crockett and Jones Northcote's in China.
    Beijing_World_Record_zpsy1dgg81q.jpg

Screen_Shot_2015_11_10_at_8_25_09_PM.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:

The overlayed section looks completely different. Screen worn are pointed shaped stitched whereas the J Crew version are squarer shaped.

I also doubt the ground dust would cover the red colour of the soles completely as people believe it would. Screen worn soles do not appear to be two tone in colour at all to me.

I think it is just a trick of the light - not a great mark up, but if you look closely you can see the line of the lace hold panel, and it is much squarer than it appears on first glance.
    IMG_0142.jpg
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:

The eyelet tab looks pointed in that screen shot, but if you really zoom in you see it is just a trick of the light and it does actilually have the exact shape of the Kenton. The red sole (or lack thereof) was also an issue for me, but I think the combination of dust and especially the camera filters used goes a long way to explaining why it looks so pale.
    canoe2 wrote:
    Tintin wrote:

The eyelet tab looks pointed in that screen shot, but if you really zoom in you see it is just a trick of the light and it does actilually have the exact shape of the Kenton. The red sole (or lack thereof) was also an issue for me, but I think the combination of dust and especially the camera filters used goes a long way to explaining why it looks so pale.

There are some heavy filters throughout Spectre. Everything looks so much warmer in Morocco. It's not good for identifying clothes, but it gives a nice atmosphere to the film.