Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Just here to throw a spanner in the works, I'm pretty sure there's a line of stitching on these boots.

D5Ef41T.png

wah0IRu.jpg

Just to illustrate the style, something like this
    0000036269_77367_09.jpg?201308191800

May just be a mirage though.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    A SPECTRE cast interview just popped up on AOL. If you have a strong stomach and can continue watching despite the ridiculously banal interviewer and his awful questions, you'll see DC possibly wearing a blue (the blue ?) linen shirt which, judging by DCs penchant for wearing screen clothes in real life, may be the one we are looking at.

Credit to DC, if someone kept calling me Daniel KREG, I would have had a sense of humour failure.

http://www.aol.com/build/519221854/

image.jpg
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Ha, I do find it funny how everyone was praising JV when the jacket first came out then slagging Matchless off saying 'Not as good as JV customer service'. Now look at how it all comes out in the wash ...
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Stirling wrote:
    Just here to throw a spanner in the works, I'm pretty sure there's a line of stitching on these boots.

D5Ef41T.png

wah0IRu.jpg

I would guess what your seeing there is the internal heel cup printing through the broken-in suede, in the same way the uncapped toe suede has collapsed from its new rounded state.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    Ha, I do find it funny how everyone was praising JV when the jacket first came out then slagging Matchless off saying 'Not as good as JV customer service'. Now look at how it all comes out in the wash ...

Little unfair given everyone moaned about Matchless for the same thing. Granted their recent online sales went a bit wrong by not judging their demand correctly.

But JV put an out of production jacket back into production because Bond fans asked for it; offered it for the same price instead of upping it to gouge more money out of those fans; offered a screen accurate version; and when it was originally identified as the jacket, hunted around their stocks and stockists globally to match customers with correct sized jackets still at a sale price.

Additionally if you sign up for their emails you get a 15% voucher off your first purchase and recently they chucked out a £100 off voucher to customers.

Still want to point and mock with scorn??

I don't work for JV, btw.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    CRB wrote:

Little unfair given everyone moaned about Matchless for the same thing. Granted their recent online sales went a bit wrong by not judging their demand correctly.

But JV put an out of production jacket back into production because Bond fans asked for it; offered it for the same price instead of upping it to gouge more money out of those fans; offered a screen accurate version; and when it was originally identified as the jacket, hunted around their stocks and stockists globally to match customers with correct sized jackets still at a sale price.

Additionally if you sign up for their emails you get a 15% voucher off your first purchase and recently they chucked out a £100 off voucher to customers.

Agree. JV have just shipped mine, 15% off, free postage and no hidden duties, tax or bank fees...

Once here will have either a M or L up for grabs...

Matchless were fine by me too. Just that their marketing machine etc works in a totally diff way. As said before, the choice is yours, buy one or dont!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • sostophersostopher Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    CRB wrote:

I concur. Their CS reps have always been professional and friendly in the midst of probably a lot of rabid Bond fans hounding them over it. They didn't HAVE to re-release it, but they did.

Sure, it could've gone better but I think people need to be thankful it happened at all.

Maybe people got used to being able to buy it well after the film is out and not worry about stock? (In the case of Billy Reid and Barbour).
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    Stirling wrote:

D5Ef41T.png

wah0IRu.jpg

I would guess what your seeing there is the internal heel cup printing through the broken-in suede, in the same way the uncapped toe suede has collapsed from its new rounded state.

I own a pair of the JCrew Kenton (also not in sahara colour but bolder, which is the grey version) i am sure that these boots were used in the movie ,,, they are well worn and maybe they used a but of coloured spray on them as well ... like they did for the james purcell trainers (madagasca scene of CR) were the red marks were painted black ... (also there is a scene with a JCrew holdall ABINGDON bag at the safe house scene ... ).

anyway, the JCrew boots are great. I own Church and C&J and the value for money, plus the comfort ... i am really impressed, these boot are amazing ,,,,

i also wear them with grey scotch & soda chinos ,,, and a blue shirt ,,, for the "kind off" marocco look ,,, not 100% SA but, totally works for me. I would have spendt 300 USD on the BC chinos ,,,, but not 700 USD ,,, and I am kind of glad the Matchless jacket is sold out in M ,,, so i am not tempted :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    The BC chinos linked from YOOX yesterday were around $300 (I paid £200 for a pair)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Noticed the JV page updated, it'll be restocked mid November again. {[]

It would seem they are trying to guage interest for the next batch
    This style will be available in mid-November. Please email customercare@johnvarvatos.com to be notified.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Gents, been in close touch with OB's Thomas Tregelles, their Marketing Manager who has discussed all this with his overall team...BTW, OB is watching this thread with great interest and the good news is they have reached out directly to the costume folks that worked on the film in an official capacity! Also, make note of his comment that the shirt has been available for about a year...

Hi David,

I have spoken to the design guys, and they have shown me the fabric swatch for the Morton II Sky. I have tried to scan it in, and took a photo in the aim of showing you the true colour - compared to the website, the match is a lot closer than first thought. See attached. http://www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/men/shirts/morton-ii/sky

So the official line is were not 100% sure, we are trying to speak with the producers to get confirmation. However, you now have all the information I can give at this point! Its relatively new to the website, but we have had it in the business for a year – so PR companies could have had it for a while.

Look forward to your AJB post ;)

Tom
    So, the Matchless Craig blouson is now available in Navy ...
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    So, the Matchless Craig blouson is now available in Navy ...

Any pics?? Cant see it
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Not very good at doing it on phone, can do when get home
  • timibladetimiblade Posts: 157MI6 Agent
    Matchless_Craig_Jacket_13.jpg

Matchless_Craig_Jacket_14.jpg
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    timiblade wrote:

Damn that is nice!! I may have to send the JV back which I just ordered.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    timiblade wrote:

Damn that is nice!! I may have to send the JV back which I just ordered.

Can't find it on their website....where did you see it?
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 367MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Gents, been in close touch with OB's Thomas Tregelles, their Marketing Manager who has discussed all this with his overall team...BTW, OB is watching this thread with great interest and the good news is they have reached out directly to the costume folks that worked on the film in an official capacity! Also, make note of his comment that the shirt has been available for about a year...

Hi David,

I have spoken to the design guys, and they have shown me the fabric swatch for the Morton II Sky. I have tried to scan it in, and took a photo in the aim of showing you the true colour - compared to the website, the match is a lot closer than first thought. See attached. http://www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/men/shirts/morton-ii/sky

So the official line is were not 100% sure, we are trying to speak with the producers to get confirmation. However, you now have all the information I can give at this point! Its relatively new to the website, but we have had it in the business for a year – so PR companies could have had it for a while.

Look forward to your AJB post ;)

Tom

Yup, I have the same info. For once I'm actually ahead of Bond in buying something :D
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:
    A SPECTRE cast interview just popped up on AOL. If you have a strong stomach and can continue watching despite the ridiculously banal interviewer and his awful questions, you'll see DC possibly wearing a blue (the blue ?) linen shirt which, judging by DCs penchant for wearing screen clothes in real life, may be the one we are looking at.

Credit to DC, if someone kept calling me Daniel KREG, I would have had a sense of humour failure.

image.jpg

It seems as though most American people say Kreg when they mean Craig. Listen to Mantis' videos ;)
  • nickpnickp UK, Surrey Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Skippy wrote:
    Stirling wrote:

D5Ef41T.png

wah0IRu.jpg

I own a pair of the JCrew Kenton (also not in sahara colour but bolder, which is the grey version) i am sure that these boots were used in the movie ,,, they are well worn and maybe they used a but of coloured spray on them as well ... like they did for the james purcell trainers (madagasca scene of CR) were the red marks were painted black ... (also there is a scene with a JCrew holdall ABINGDON bag at the safe house scene ... ).

anyway, the JCrew boots are great. I own Church and C&J and the value for money, plus the comfort ... i am really impressed, these boot are amazing ,,,,

i also wear them with grey scotch & soda chinos ,,, and a blue shirt ,,, for the "kind off" marocco look ,,, not 100% SA but, totally works for me. I would have spendt 300 USD on the BC chinos ,,,, but not 700 USD ,,, and I am kind of glad the Matchless jacket is sold out in M ,,, so i am not tempted :))

Hi all, just left J Crew on Regents Street, they have plenty of Kentons in Sahara in stock ! I tried UK 10 and UK 9 and they have others. The shop assistant said that they know they are from the film, as they helped out the costume designer when she came into the store. How true that is I can't verify but we will hopefully know soon through Blair's contact with Jany.

So anyone from the UK head to London.

PS just picked up my JV, great fit, great customer service and a great jacket. Far more practical than the Matchless for the UK climate in my opinion.

Cheers

Nick P
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:

image.jpg

I'm amazed at how much work Monica Bellucc has put into promoting the film compared to how little work she put into the film
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    nickp wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

Hi all, just left J Crew on Regents Street, they have plenty of Kentons in Sahara in stock ! I tried UK 10 and UK 9 and they have others. The shop assistant said that they know they are from the film, as they helped out the costume designer when she came into the store. How true that is I can't verify but we will hopefully know soon through Blair's contact with Jany.

PS just picked up my JV, great fit, great customer service and a great jacket. Far more practical than the Matchless for the UK climate in my opinion.

Cheers

Nick P

Was in there on Monday and never thought of asking!! Now I am soon to be owner of a pair of Kenton Sahara's as they are on there way to me. So huge thanks for the message! They do not have much stock left : US sizes 8.5, 10,11 (1 pair), 11.5 - so if you ring the Regent Street shop you will get great service. Oh and the cost - £124 they are on sale!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    The BC chinos linked from YOOX yesterday were around $300 (I paid £200 for a pair)

yes, i saw ... but not in my size .. i am 48/50 and they had only 56 left or else i would have ordered, too. I was too slow. :#
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    nickp wrote:

You lucky Londoners. Nothing at all to be found online, and in Germany J. Crew doesn't even have stores.... :(
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • DKLADKLA Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    BTW, as you run around and look for these shirts and pants, take a few minutes to break and watch this video of our visit to N.PEAL in London and a discussion of all things Bond...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x7ekhTlDwg

Well done again David!
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:

image.jpg

To me, this blue shirt looks different than the one worn in Spectre with the Matchless. There is no visible chambray texture. This shirt looks more like a cotton dress shirt with contrasting buttons.

It’s interesting to me that the fine folks over at OB are suspecting the shirt is the Morton II. The Sky color looks nothing like what we allegedly see on screen. Yes I’m aware of the Digital Intermediate process of Post-Production which can drastically change what we see on screen, but their shirt is very green when you compare it to the Sky color seen in the Malone shirt. I know in David’s conversation with Tom at OB, he mentions a discrepancy between the swatch of fabric and what we see on their website. But that is a big discrepancy. Surprised that OB’s QC didn’t catch that. I’ll be very interested to see what the actual Morton II in Sky really looks like.

Another thing I noticed with OB is that different seasons means slight tweaks to their recurring pieces. For instance, their current offering of the Morton shirt on their site has buttons that match the fabric, while the shirts available online from OB stockists show a Morton with contrasting buttons, presumably the previous season’s release.

Friedl41 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

yes, i saw ... but not in my size .. i am 48/50 and they had only 56 left or else i would have ordered, too. I was too slow. :#

Likewise for me as well. Only massive sizes available on sale. I had to jump on the trousers when they were still full price to get them in the size I thought I needed, which ended up being a 30US/46IT. After I ordered, that size option wasn’t even visible on the page.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Does anyone OWN the Morton 2 in Sky and perhaps can share unfiltered pics?
    The Mantis wrote:
    Does anyone OWN the Morton 2 in Sky and perhaps can share unfiltered pics?

David,to me it looks more like the Malone Sky shirt, have a look on OB.
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I have just ordered the Malone Sky (since I like it, not due to the possible Bond connection). Can post pics when I receive it in a couple of days.
    edited November 2015
    I have just ordered the Malone Sky (since I like it, not due to the possible Bond connection). Can post pics when I receive it in a couple of days.

Was just thinking of doing the same for the same reason ... Spectre or not, it looks like a great shirt.

Order placed, too. -{