Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    If you're looking for budget alternative chinos then try

https://www.tailorstore.co.uk/

You can design your own and pick your fabric. I haven't tried it yet as I've just skinted myself buying shoes from Aldo!
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,120MI6 Agent
    thanks meesta , just ordered the aldo boots £95 free shipping
    due in 23rd November must be a big seller from ajbeers
    Thought if i can't get the originals , go for the alternative instead of paying £230 for pacer boots in sahara which are alternatives anyway.
    makes sense to me , now where can I can those BC chino alternatives from ?
    The watch and TF gear has skinted me

Ummm.... You DID use the £20 off discount code, didn't you.... B-)
    I looked at these boots in store yesterday. They look REALLY well made for the money. But I will be ordering online using the discount.
  • brokepennybrokepenny Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    I tend to wear a t-shirt vest with a some elastine in it so it fits tightly. It's then not really noticeable under the mock turtle jumper. H&M do some cheap ones in black that do the job perfectly. Otherwise it will be a trip to the dry cleaners every time you wear it.
    Lynch wrote:
    Skippy wrote:
    Lynch wrote:
    Being a fashion newb, as well as wanting to take good care of the cashmere, how are people wearing their N.Peal Spectre Mock Turtleneck sweaters?

Does anyone wear a base layer under it? Also, is there a recommended way to care for the material?

Wearing an under layer would probably negate the benefits of wearing comfortable, breathable cashmere.

Trick is to wearing it sparingly, but not wash after every wear. Allow to air for at least 30 minutes before packing away if wearing again without washing. Hand wash with an N Peal recommend detergent. Dry flat on a towel, reshaping it when damp as necessary and no un-natural heat sources.

Repeat and enjoy :D

Thank you for the advice!

I'm very wary of wearing nice cashmere; I've never bought such a plush and great feeling one before.

For some reason, N.Peal didn't include a free bottle of their detergent, so I will probably have to buy one, even if the shipping will be very expensive from UK to Canada.

Regardless, good tips, I appreciate it, thanks!
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,330MI6 Agent
    Oh Chris, did you not see the discount code? They may have alternatively given you a first time 15% discount. Only £15-20, but very little helps!

Blair
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    Thought if i can't get the originals , go for the alternative instead of paying £230 for pacer boots in sahara which are alternatives anyway.

I looked at these boots in store yesterday. They look REALLY well made for the money. But I will be ordering online using the discount.
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    Don't dry clean it too often, or you'll kill it. Suits once per year, unless you've soiled them somehow.

Bond clearly doesn't dry clean, and just wears new only!
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Just received my Orlebar Brown shirt (Marlone, Sky)

OB_box.jpg

OB_shirt.jpg

what do you think?
    one more - I wear M ... like in Barbour, Levis etc. I am 6ft (183cm) with 82kg

OB_shirt_2.jpg
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. I think the Malone is a closer match than the Morton. I saw the Morton up close yesterday and think there is too much of a weave pattern compared to what I remember seeing in the movie. But without clear pics of the movie it is hard to tell for sure.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    what's the status now with the information from the costume designer?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    PointfiveO wrote:
    Aldo have a promo on starting today, just got the boots for £75 inc delivery (£20 discount)

Good fine OP.

This is truly a great find. But no delivery to Germany. They sell Aldo through a third-party website which doesn't have the Meggiano. :(
    Think I'll have to stick with my Clarks desert boots for now.

Just ordered a pair to Denmark by using a UK shipping address through forward2me.com - have no experiences with them yet but they'll ship to Germany :-)

great tip, i just did the same ,,, let's see if they arrive ... i love to compare the boots to my Kenton (Boulder colour) ... the Aldo ones look great and I wonder how they compare.
    kadd wrote:
    Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. I think the Malone is a closer match than the Morton. I saw the Morton up close yesterday and think there is too much of a weave pattern compared to what I remember seeing in the movie. But without clear pics of the movie it is hard to tell for sure.

thanks - i also think the bottons are closer to the movie shirt ... same colour as the shirt ...
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    I've got a question on the N.Peal jumpers. How fitted are they are i'm not sure what size to order as it looks like i'm between a M/L? Also how much do they give after they have been worn?

Thanks
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    ajd_007 wrote:
    I've got a question on the N.Peal jumpers. How fitted are they are i'm not sure what size to order as it looks like i'm between a M/L? Also how much do they give after they have been worn?

Thanks

Depends which jumper

E.g the poster jumper is very fitted so I sized up. The grey Mr White jumper I took same size as my Skyfall one
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    So these two would be L/XL

Turtle Neck Sweater NPG-300 - Lapis Blue
    Turtle Neck Sweater NPG-300 - Charcoal Grey

The last one would be a L

Turtle Neck Sweater NPG-299B - Fumo Grey

As I'm roughtly around a 42/43~ chest.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Beileve that is exactly what I have done (im 43 chest)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    in a word bollocks I missed that , may have to phone , thanks
    Oh Chris, did you not see the discount code? They may have alternatively given you a first time 15% discount. Only £15-20, but very little helps!

Blair
    UNCLE27 wrote:

007 reporting for duty
    welshboy78 wrote:

Excellent, Thank you. I'm going to pop down to their store I think next week, as its going to be easier to do that rather than order online. Mind you ill probably end up ordering it online anyway over the weekend. :))

How much do these jumpers stretch? As I know I wish I got a 50 in the QoS cadigan due to its stretched alittle.

All this Spectre clothes lark is costing a bloody fortune. :))
  • brokepennybrokepenny Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Tell me about it. I now have the Danners and Canada Goose from the publicity shoot, Sunspel, N Peal and desperately trying to talk myself out of splashing out on the Omega Seamaster. :# :#
    ajd_007 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Excellent, Thank you. I'm going to pop down to their store I think next week, as its going to be easier to do that rather than order online. Mind you ill probably end up ordering it online anyway over the weekend. :))

How much do these jumpers stretch? As I know I wish I got a 50 in the QoS cadigan due to its stretched alittle.

All this Spectre clothes lark is costing a bloody fortune. :))
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    ajd_007 wrote:
    So these two would be L/XL

Turtle Neck Sweater NPG-300 - Lapis Blue
    Turtle Neck Sweater NPG-300 - Charcoal Grey

The last one would be a L

Turtle Neck Sweater NPG-299B - Fumo Grey

As I'm roughtly around a 42/43~ chest.

Disagree, I bought a M and added 5cm to the arms. 41 chest and 181 tall. Perfect mtm SA fit
    Thats the mock turtle btw
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Just to add, givevthem a buzz and chat measurements thru with them. Dead helpful. Made mine in 3 weeks at no extra cost :)
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    brokepenny wrote:
    I tend to wear a t-shirt vest with a some elastine in it so it fits tightly. It's then not really noticeable under the mock turtle jumper. H&M do some cheap ones in black that do the job perfectly. Otherwise it will be a trip to the dry cleaners every time you wear it.
    Lynch wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

Wearing an under layer would probably negate the benefits of wearing comfortable, breathable cashmere.

Trick is to wearing it sparingly, but not wash after every wear. Allow to air for at least 30 minutes before packing away if wearing again without washing. Hand wash with an N Peal recommend detergent. Dry flat on a towel, reshaping it when damp as necessary and no un-natural heat sources.

Repeat and enjoy :D

Thank you for the advice!

I'm very wary of wearing nice cashmere; I've never bought such a plush and great feeling one before.

For some reason, N.Peal didn't include a free bottle of their detergent, so I will probably have to buy one, even if the shipping will be very expensive from UK to Canada.

Regardless, good tips, I appreciate it, thanks!

Only problem with that is, cashmere will 'breath' body heat / sweat through it, where as a cotton T-shirt will trap and hold sweat, which defeats the benefit of wearing cashmere in the first place.

And dry cleaning!?! :o NO, NO, NO! Nasty chemicals and have you actually seen the way your clothing gets treated in a dry cleaners?? Dumped in big piles with other clothing, your cashmere jumper jumbled up with harsher fabrics and items with buttons or other metal fixings to catch on :s
    Don't do it. Even suits shouldn't go to a dry cleaners - find a tailor who can offer a 'sponge and press' service, far kinder to your fabric. Even then you should only need to do that once a year.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    The Aldo boot is in and it's 99.9% accurate. It's crazy how much they look alike.The color is shade darker, the thread on the sole is different, and the Aldo boot is tiny bit taller, but that could be because they sent the wrong size of boot. Change the lace with a 57 inch flat tan lace and you are good to go. The fit not so narrow when compared to the Kenton, so order your normal shoe size. All the details are there, it's even made in China like the Jcrew Kenton.

Here are quick pictures,
    The Kenton is on the left
    image.jpg
    The Kenton is on the right
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Very useful comparison. Good work Stefan
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Happy to help.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    So is the Aldo Blake stitching while the Kenton is a Goodyear welt?

Nice comparison pics. Very informative. Good to know there may be an alternative if the Kenton doesn't work out.
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Excellent find!
    Stefan wrote:
    The Aldo boot is in and it's 99.9% accurate. It's crazy how much they look alike.The color is shade darker, the thread on the sole is different, and the Aldo boot is tiny bit taller, but that could be because they sent the wrong size of boot. Change the lace with a 57 inch flat tan lace and you are good to go. The fit not so narrow when compared to the Kenton, so order your normal shoe size. All the details are there, it's even made in China like the Jcrew Kenton.

Here are quick pictures,

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
    Stefan wrote:

Here are quick pictures,
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow great review - I have Kenton's too, also wrong colour (Boulder instead of Sahara) but I have ordered Aldos today, too. Looking forward to get them ...

where did you get the laces from?
  • DKLADKLA Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:

Here are quick pictures,
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you and very useful. Don't like the "made in China" part. I actually make a point to not buy "made in China". Is N Peal made in China? I was just looking to pick up one of the sweaters.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    DKLA wrote:
    Is N Peal made in China? I was just looking to pick up one of the sweaters.

Errr, seriously?? Their a British company and have been since they were founded in London in 1936. And their cashmere comes from Mongolia - the non Chinese, independent republic.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Fantastic comparison! Thank you!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond