Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    I am sure this has been said already but interesting to see they went with the Dior jacket instead of that original TF jacket David had put up a picture of. Man that was so long ago!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I think the acme is navy as well, and had a navy one in hand but returned it as I was not 100% it was the SA one. It had a band near the edge, whereas this one doesn't seem to.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Worn the boot out and about today, very comfortable.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • LindajewellLindajewell Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Lol yeah. I found a complete collection of Spectre. :D
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Thankfully Bicester Village is about 4 hours drive away. If it was navy id be in the car.

Me too but its a 2/3 hour drive for me. :#
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Has anyone identified the white trousers that Seydoux is wearing in the desert yet? Went to see the film again with my wife on Saturday before it leaves the IMAX forever. Mrs C-H rather likes them! As they'll doubtless be a lot less expensive than Monica Bellucci's black dress, I rather like them too!
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Has anyone identified the white trousers that Seydoux is wearing in the desert yet? Went to see the film again with my wife on Saturday before it leaves the IMAX forever. Mrs C-H rather likes them! As they'll doubtless be a lot less expensive than Monica Bellucci's black dress, I rather like them too!

do you know anything about MB's dress?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"

do you know anything about MB's dress?

Unfortunately not - however, as it's got what looks like Chantilly lace liberally smothered all over the back and is presumably structured to keep Ms Bellucci in place at the front (no sign of any bra), I'd wager it's either custom made by the wardrobe department, or is a bespoke piece by someone like Dior. Either way, Monica Bellucci never dresses in cheap stuff, so the Seydoux white pants will be far more reasonable.
    Just stumbled across this article though:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-04/every-single-expensive-thing-in-james-bond-s-spectre-explained

There's obviously a few mistakes there, most notably the sea green dress worn by Seydoux, which Jany Temime says was custom made for her. Although I suppose Ghost could then have asked if they could do a run of the dress afterwards perhaps?

No word on Ms Bellucci's wardrobe still.
  • GomersGomers Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Stefan wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg

They look great Stefan, what is the colour description for these as I can only find boulder (grey) on the J Crew website.

*Edit - Oh, are these the Aldo boots ? Look great, need to get me a pair of those :)
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Look great mate , mine on their way and Aldo have credited my £20 back as I forgot the discount code.
    restored my faith in customer service {[] {[]
    Stefan wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    I know that we all watch Bond movies with a grain of salt (or at least most of us do...and all of us should!) and many of us have questioned someone on a civil service salary wearing TF suits and USD900 polos, but I think the Mr White jacket is one of the worst wardrobe decisions that has been made in years from a purely practical perspective. It's a beautiful jacket that would look lovely sitting on a pavement café drinking an espresso, but would anyone heading out on a mission to the middle of nowhere in Austria in mid-winter really wear a woollen Dior jacket? If you want something expensive and upmarket, then Moncler or Canada Goose or whatever, but it really should be something GoreTex (or waxed or something), down-filled and genuinely warm. Not something taken straight from a runway show. Nice item, but I believe even more ridiculous than the old safari suits!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    I know that we all watch Bond movies with a grain of salt (or at least most of us do...and all of us should!) and many of us have questioned someone on a civil service salary wearing TF suits and USD900 polos, but I think the Mr White jacket is one of the worst wardrobe decisions that has been made in years from a purely practical perspective. It's a beautiful jacket that would look lovely sitting on a pavement café drinking an espresso, but would anyone heading out on a mission to the middle of nowhere in Austria in mid-winter really wear a woollen Dior jacket? If you want something expensive and upmarket, then Moncler or Canada Goose or whatever, but it really should be something GoreTex (or waxed or something), down-filled and genuinely warm. Not something taken straight from a runway show. Nice item, but I believe even more ridiculous than the old safari suits!

Especially when your means of transport is an open boat across an alpine lake!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    Precisely!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    Out of curiosity, what is the next Spectre related item you plan on purchasing? I'm not thinking so much of dream fodder items like the Dior Homme jacket (God bless you if that really is your next planned purchase).

I am curious to know what is really next on your list. Maybe something you're saving up for.

Mine is the N.Peal cable roll neck.

Probably followed by the blue linen Morocco shirt if it is identified.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Blue shirt and Barrett trousers but thats looking unlikely
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    anyone found an alternative belt to go with the morrocan outfit ?
    Jany never makes it easy X-(
    007 reporting for duty
    +1
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Blue shirt and Barrett trousers but thats looking unlikely
    007 reporting for duty
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    can anybody of you imagine Bond walking up to Mr.White with this?
    image.jpg
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Mine is the N.Peal mock turtleneck in Lapis Blue.

To go with Dan Love's Solden jacket coming soon...
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Out of curiosity, what is the next Spectre related item you plan on purchasing? I'm not thinking so much of dream fodder items like the Dior Homme jacket (God bless you if that really is your next planned purchase).

I am curious to know what is really next on your list. Maybe something you're saving up for.

Light brown linen jacket. Not so worried about getting the exact sport coat, but I really like that look and it is definitely practical for the climate where I live.
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015

Keeping a bond supplier theme and keeping cost down: what better than Dents!

http://www.dents.co.uk/shop/mens-belts/8-4056-plaited-leather-belt/

At £35 will not break the bank. There are other plaited belt options as well - though none quite match the BC belt.

belt.jpg
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

Especially when your means of transport is an open boat across an alpine lake!

I guess when you have a character that is wearing $6000 to $8000 suits on field missions, the grain of salt is already more of a block; those aren't exactly practical either. Since many people thought the Dior jacket looked cool and it's become something of a holy grail for collectors, I'd say the wardrobe department did their job well. Same with the Matchless jacket: suede in the heat of Morocco?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I think we are supposed to just think what he is wearing on screen looks cool (nothing more or less - especially price lol)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    Danner boots (very challenging to source here in the UK) and Npeal cable turtle neck
    Cheverian wrote:

• SkippySkippy Posts: 448MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I think we are supposed to just think what he is wearing on screen looks cool (nothing more or less - especially price lol)

Agreed. The Morocco outfit looks great, but a suede jacket makes no sense, especially when Lea is dressed in a sleeveless summer dress ?:)

As for the Austria outfit, the Dior jacket does at least have a quilted lining, so coupled with the heavy gauge cashmere roll neck it's not the worst choice. But quite frankly the DC Solden press photo call outfit with CG jacket and those brown Danners looked a pretty cool (or rather warm) and more practical outfit.

As for those tight cut suits, surely if reality was not suspended, Bond would be splitting the trousers in every fight to show off his Sunspel clad arse to the world :))
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015

Keeping a bond supplier theme and keeping cost down: what better than Dents!

http://www.dents.co.uk/shop/mens-belts/8-4056-plaited-leather-belt/

At £35 will not break the bank. There are other plaited belt options as well - though none quite match the BC belt.

belt.jpg

I've been lookng for a decent belt as well and here's a couple I've found. One very expensive and one reasonable (which I'm going to get).

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Top one is Ralph Lauren (£65) and the bottom one is BC (£370).
    Looking for the puppytooth trousers to go with NPeal and jacket to go with BC chinos!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    As for those tight cut suits, surely if reality was not suspended, Bond would be splitting the trousers in every fight to show off his Sunspel clad arse to the world :))

Lea Seydoux said that he split the trousers of his blue suit in Morocco. :))

There's really nothing good about the poor fit of his suits. If they really wanted to show off Craig's figure, the suits would follow the contours of his body. I don't understand the point of having the shape of the suit fight against the shape of Craig's body.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 448MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

There's really nothing good about the poor fit of his suits. If they really wanted to show off Craig's figure, the suits would follow the contours of his body. I don't understand the point of having the shape of the suit fight against the shape of Craig's body.

Yet conversely, Lea's clothes could have been tighter and I would happily fight against the shape of her body :D
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

Yet conversely, Lea's clothes could have been tighter and I would happily fight against the shape of her body :D

Lea's clothes could have been tighter, but I definitely would not want them to fight against the shape of her body. If they're fighting with her body, they're not fully showing off the shape of her body.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits