Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Bond H. BondBond H. Bond Cal USAPosts: 36MI6 Agent
    DKLA wrote:
    Thank you and very useful. Don't like the "made in China" part. I actually make a point to not buy "made in China". Is N Peal made in China? I was just looking to pick up one of the sweaters.

I agree with this because for the prices listed on N.Peal products, I equate this to poor business management. I wont pay full price for anything Made In China.

Anyone know where the mock neck is actually made?
    The name is Bond, Hydrogen Bond....
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    We know the cashmere is from Outer Mongolia but where are the sweater actually made? I asked in the shop in Burlington arcade and they told me the sweaters were made in Mongolia but I don't think
    So'
    I don't own a n peal sweater dose it say where they are made?

Skippy wrote:
    DKLA wrote:
    Is N Peal made in China? I was just looking to pick up one of the sweaters.

Errr, seriously?? Their a British company and have been since they were founded in London in 1936. And their cashmere comes from Mongolia - the non Chinese, independent republic.
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    We know the cashmere is from Outer Mongolia but where are the sweater actually made? I asked in the shop in Burlington arcade and they told me the sweaters were made in Mongolia but I don't think
    So'

You can read up on that a bit here : http://www.npeal.com/journal/n-peal-cashmere-origins/

Sounds as though they are quite hands on with the entire process.. but there is a comments section.. possibly best place to ask..
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    The Aldo boot is in and it's 99.9% accurate. It's crazy how much they look alike.The color is shade darker, the thread on the sole is different, and the Aldo boot is tiny bit taller, but that could be because they sent the wrong size of boot. Change the lace with a 57 inch flat tan lace and you are good to go. The fit not so narrow when compared to the Kenton, so order your normal shoe size. All the details are there, it's even made in China like the Jcrew Kenton.

Here are quick pictures,
    The Kenton is on the left
    image.jpg
    The Kenton is on the right
    image.jpg
    The Kenton is on the right
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Fantastic comparison. I've got both on the way too. I was gonna do a comparison exactly like this when they arrived, but looks like someone beat me to the punch :)) Are both boots the same size? Oh, and are we certain the Aldo's are not the screen accurate pair? :s I never thought there would be two boots of this style that look so much alike. Makes one wonder what else is out there considering we don't have a confirmation from the costume designer yet. A lot of things pint towards the Kenton's, but I'm just saying.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    So'

You can read up on that a bit here : http://www.npeal.com/journal/n-peal-cashmere-origins/

Sounds as though they are quite hands on with the entire process.. but there is a comments section.. possibly best place to ask..

Well that all sounds very impressive indeed
    And MADE IN MONGOLIA too
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,120MI6 Agent
    I bought the Aldo boots in store today. Really excellent well-made boots and great value for £75 (sorry Chris).
    The sales girl mentioned that the discount was only valid for 4 days and today was at least day 2. So if you're hesitating, commit now!!
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    I bought the Aldo's as well, and for spending over $100 (listed price as $140), I received $50 off. Wearing them now. Thanks for all the help and information. {[]
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Oh, and are we certain the Aldo's are not the screen accurate pair? :s

Don't open up that can of worms! :))

Yes, we do have visual confirmation that they are not the Aldo boots. If you look close at the soles of the pair DC is wearing at the airport, you can see the same horizontal tread pattern that the Kentons have across the ball of the foot.

Kenton%20Detail%20B.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
    brought the aldos since i was able to get it down to $100 USD pretax. I had to add a $11 clearance item (leather bracelet) to bring the total to $150 and use the coupon. otherwise it would be $25 off $140.

If i do wind up buying kentons i think ill get the stone color which is also very nice.

Tip for visa users: check to see if you can get a $15 credit for using visa checkout. I was able to sign up and get the credit so im getting the boots for $95 after tax. Not as great as the real thing but i think ill live with the savings....especially after the danners and the JV jacket. :(
  • BasildonBasildon Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    sunny01 wrote:
    timiblade wrote:
    Matchless_Craig_Jacket_13.jpg

Matchless_Craig_Jacket_14.jpg

Damn that is nice!! I may have to send the JV back which I just ordered.

Can't find it on their website....where did you see it?

I found it here: http://www.lineafashion.com/store/mens-matchless-jackets/matchless-craig-men-s-limited-edition-blouson-navy-13660.html
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:

Yes, we do have visual confirmation that they are not the Aldo boots. If you look close at the soles of the pair DC is wearing at the airport, you can see the same horizontal tread pattern that the Kentons have across the ball of the foot.

Kenton%20Detail%20B.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig

:)) :)) :)) :)) I think part of me opened up that can of worms because I knew you would have a picture in your back pocket that would prove it! I am not disappointed. Too good man. I've never even seen this picture. Were you at the airport when he arrived and asked DC to lift his foot because you knew one of us would question it!? :)) :)) only you DBS, only you. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • LynchLynch Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Any word on the JV USA Suede Racer coming back in stock? I'm looking for a Medium size.

I know there was a recent restock, but looking at the site, it also says "Restocking in Mid November" so I'm wondering if anyone knows if that has happened yet.

It seems like a really nice jacket, probably the best one out of the whole film, le meilleur rapport qualite prix.
    Lynch wrote:
    Any word on the JV USA Suede Racer coming back in stock? I'm looking for a Medium size.

I know there was a recent restock, but looking at the site, it also says "Restocking in Mid November" so I'm wondering if anyone knows if that has happened yet.

It seems like a really nice jacket, probably the best one out of the whole film, le meilleur rapport qualite prix.

It did not say anything about mid november before the last restock. I believe it said "Will be restocked in November" but that was for the Nov 5 batch.
    you could try calling a store or two to see if they have any extras on hand from this latest restocking.

I agree that its probably the best out of the whole film. I love this jacket myself. I think it was the best outfit of the movie because its so subtle.
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 372MI6 Agent
    Not to make this political, but to our French members, my heart is broken for your loss, and know that your friends in America are praying for you and we've got your back.
    "Liberté, égalité, fraternité".
    Matt B wrote:
    Not to make this political, but to our French members, my heart is broken for your loss, and know that your friends in America are praying for you and we've got your back.
    "Liberté, égalité, fraternité".

My thoughts and prayers to the victims of this horrendous event. Please stay safe.
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    DBS wrote:

Kenton%20Detail%20B.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig

Strange, my Kenton plain-toe boots have a different pattern ... only because mine are in Boulder (Grey) ... strange ... i got them via JCrew.com ... same model, different versions? not only the colour of the boot?

see:

Kenton_soles.jpg

Kenton_Boulder.jpg

Kenton_Boulder.jpg
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Orlebar Brown Morton II linen shirt below: despite OB's suggestion that this is the blue linen shirt with Matchless jacket, judging by fact Malone is now sold out (in Medium), people are going with Malone. My Morton II arrived yesterday and pics show woven effect others have talked about - really nice shirt, but is it the one.... Based on the pictures below, its still possibly Morton, but wished I ordered Malone as well as may be a better bet (or perhaps last season Gibson in sky as suggested earlier which seems to have similar weave effect to Morton). The still from film does not have the same tone as Morton to my eye - could be filters of course, however perhaps a closer match with bottom still from film! So now do I keep or return - whats the verdict? If anyone sees the film again this weekend - watch carefully!

Screen_Shot_2015_11_14_at_09_23_46.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg
    IMG_5189.jpg
    IMG_5188.jpg
    Matchless_Morocco_2_R_jpg_original.jpg

For those interested in measurements:

Medium: Chest (flat) 21in; across shoulder 17.5 in; arm 26 in; back 29.5in
    Large: Chest 22in; shoulder 18;arm 26.5; back 30
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Waiting patiently for my Aldos to arrive. I'm dead chuffed that they're so similar to the Kentons. £75 well spent.
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    So Brunello Cucinelli Trousers for comparison, but photo still looks different from how they look to the naked eye! According to earlier post BC identified Harrods version as correct version.

IMG_5206.jpg

To the naked eye if you saw all these trousers in a pile in a shop, you would assume they were the same colour. Looked at very closely they are all very marginally different from one another - even the same colour code (C1581) shows a small variation between (harrods 100% cotton and the Yoox 97% cotton/elastaine), but the picture makes this difference look way more significant than it is to the eye. The two pairs on left (C1581) are much closer in colour to one another than the Dove Grey (but despite attempts on photos to show this it fails!)... But frankly very hard to tell any difference at all when you see them all together!

Size 48 has 34 inch waist (so more like a normal European 50!)
    Size 54 has 38 inch waist (Harrods -100% cotton)(I will be sending this back to Harrods)

Inside legs are 35/36inch - so for most of us that means they need finishing or rolling up DC style

I will post some pictures later with BC jacket with C1011 colour code (correct colour, but peak lapels, rather than notch style)

Another photo attempt - again natural light, but its raining, same order as above!

IMG_5212_copy.jpg
    Orlebar Brown Morton II linen shirt below: despite OB's suggestion that this is the blue linen shirt with Matchless jacket, judging by fact Malone is now sold out (in Medium), people are going with Malone. My Morton II arrived yesterday and pics show woven effect others have talked about - really nice shirt, but is it the one.... Based on the pictures below, its still possibly Morton, but wished I ordered Malone as well as may be a better bet (or perhaps last season Gibson in sky as suggested earlier which seems to have similar weave effect to Morton). The still from film does not have the same tone as Morton to my eye - could be filters of course!So now do I keep or return - whats the verdict? If anyone sees the film again this weekend - watch carefully!

Screen_Shot_2015_11_14_at_09_23_46.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg
    IMG_5189.jpg
    IMG_5188.jpg

i would keep it, it is a great looking shirt ... also i belive that the Malone is closer to the movie ,,,, also it could be a totally different brand/shirt ... i am glad i ordered mine ,,, now summer should come back so i can wear it ,,, and gee the linen wrinkles quick ,,, only to try it on and it is already wrinkled ,,,, :))

For those interested in measurements:

Medium: Chest (flat) 21in; across shoulder 17.5 in; arm 26 in; back 29.5in
    Large: Chest 22in; shoulder 18;arm 26.5; back 30
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Strange, my Kenton plain-toe boots have a different pattern ... only because mine are in Boulder (Grey) ... strange ... i got them via JCrew.com ... same model, different versions? not only the colour of the boot?

see:

Kenton_soles.jpg

Kenton_Boulder.jpg

Kenton_Boulder.jpg

Yes, J Crew changed the sole for the current model Kenton boots. It was mentioned up thread, somewhere. The color of the Boulder isn't bad in person. I may get a pair if they go on sale.
    Thanks I must have missed that ... yes Boulder does not look bad at all, and I have to say ... super comfortable boots.

Friedl41 wrote:

see:

Kenton_Boulder.jpg

Yes, J Crew changed the sole for the current model Kenton boots. It was mentioned up thread, somewhere. The color of the Boulder isn't bad in person. I may get a pair if they go on sale.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Not sure how many of you wear your SA clothes out in the wild (hopefully all of you) but today I put the TF bouson and NPEAL mock to the test in 36 degree temps and wind....performed like champs! I have to say this TF blouson is getting some pretty daily wear...

TF_in_the_wild_027.jpg

TF_in_the_wild_029.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Wore my TF blouson out today for first time! -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Im still looking for something Ive yet to like , I think Spectre is the worst Craig Bond film (for me) on stuff to buy .When you think of say QOS ,the iconic clothing in that film ,cardigan ,Chukkas,sunspell polo ,white Levis, zip blouson ,I could go on ,but there is nothing ive seen in Spectre that even rattles me cage ,(thank Christ for that says my wife ) 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    I personally think the Morocco outfit (featuring the Matchless blouson) is brilliant! Not too keen on the others but will likely purchase bits and pieces and not entire outfits.
    Im still looking for something Ive yet to like , I think Spectre is the worst Craig Bond film (for me) on stuff to buy .When you think of say QOS ,the iconic clothing in that film ,cardigan ,Chukkas,sunspell polo ,white Levis, zip blouson ,I could go on ,but there is nothing ive seen in Spectre that even rattles me cage ,(thank Christ for that says my wife ) 8-)
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Wore my TF blouson out today for first time! -{

Wear mine everywhetr, apart from feeding William B-), going to prove to be good value £ per wear! And is an amazing piece of gear too
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • LynchLynch Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Just wondering on a few things, hopefully some of you more fortunate enough to acquire these pieces can share your thoughts:

Matchless vs JV
    Matchless recently came out with a Navy version of the jacket as well. I fit very snug (when zipped up) in JV's medium, so I envision that Matchless would be maybe too-snug for me, but quality wise, of the two, is there something that makes one significantly above the other? I realize that JV's zippers aren't that great from trying on a few in person.

TF Blousson vs the SuperNatural budget alternative:

I know quality, there is no comparison, but fit and proportions wise, are these similar in any way? I'd love to pick up a TF but alas, by the time my wallet is ready, it would be long gone.

Just patiently waiting for the JV to restock, but would love to hear some thoughts. Regardless, I love seeing everyone's photos of the jackets; looks great all around. Cheers
  • tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Lynch wrote:
    Just wondering on a few things, hopefully some of you more fortunate enough to acquire these pieces can share your thoughts:

Matchless vs JV
    Matchless recently came out with a Navy version of the jacket as well. I fit very snug (when zipped up) in JV's medium, so I envision that Matchless would be maybe too-snug for me, but quality wise, of the two, is there something that makes one significantly above the other? I realize that JV's zippers aren't that great from trying on a few in person.

TF Blousson vs the SuperNatural budget alternative:

I know quality, there is no comparison, but fit and proportions wise, are these similar in any way? I'd love to pick up a TF but alas, by the time my wallet is ready, it would be long gone.

Just patiently waiting for the JV to restock, but would love to hear some thoughts. Regardless, I love seeing everyone's photos of the jackets; looks great all around. Cheers

Navy version looks a bit boring.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I found the matchless slightly bigger then JV size wise

Navy verison is for sale on Linea i believe
    Instagram - bondclothes007