Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• brokepennybrokepenny Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Don't get excited, I was at J Crew today (Regent St) and they denied all knowledge of having the boot in stock in the Sahara colour. I mentioned that a fellow member had purchased a pair only yesterday, to which the charming sales assistant replied, "we still don't have them". They do advertise it in Navy Blue on their Web site but, I was told by their staff that it's no longer available in Sahara. ?:) ?:)
    nickp wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

I would guess what your seeing there is the internal heel cup printing through the broken-in suede, in the same way the uncapped toe suede has collapsed from its new rounded state.

I own a pair of the JCrew Kenton (also not in sahara colour but bolder, which is the grey version) i am sure that these boots were used in the movie ,,, they are well worn and maybe they used a but of coloured spray on them as well ... like they did for the james purcell trainers (madagasca scene of CR) were the red marks were painted black ... (also there is a scene with a JCrew holdall ABINGDON bag at the safe house scene ... ).

anyway, the JCrew boots are great. I own Church and C&J and the value for money, plus the comfort ... i am really impressed, these boot are amazing ,,,,

i also wear them with grey scotch & soda chinos ,,, and a blue shirt ,,, for the "kind off" marocco look ,,, not 100% SA but, totally works for me. I would have spendt 300 USD on the BC chinos ,,,, but not 700 USD ,,, and I am kind of glad the Matchless jacket is sold out in M ,,, so i am not tempted :))

Hi all, just left J Crew on Regents Street, they have plenty of Kentons in Sahara in stock ! I tried UK 10 and UK 9 and they have others. The shop assistant said that they know they are from the film, as they helped out the costume designer when she came into the store. How true that is I can't verify but we will hopefully know soon through Blair's contact with Jany.

So anyone from the UK head to London.

PS just picked up my JV, great fit, great customer service and a great jacket. Far more practical than the Matchless for the UK climate in my opinion.

Cheers

Nick P
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Jigen wrote:
    Thank you for the heads up buddy! I've just purchased a pair, UK size 10.5, from the Regent street store. Great boots, very comfortable. I'll wear them with the Matchless (which I promised myself not to buy, but couldn't resist in the end), a frugal All Saints version of the grey chinos and a Sunspel polo shirt.
    I've also seen a pair of Kentons, US size 11, on eBay, for whoever might be interested (I'm not the seller btw): http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/111821907201

Hi all, just left J Crew on Regents Street, they have plenty of Kentons in Sahara in stock ! I tried UK 10 and UK 9 and they have others. The shop assistant said that they know they are from the film, as they helped out the costume designer when she came into the store. How true that is I can't verify but we will hopefully know soon through Blair's contact with Jany.

PS just picked up my JV, great fit, great customer service and a great jacket. Far more practical than the Matchless for the UK climate in my opinion.

Cheers

Nick P

Hey mate, were you in the Regent St store at lunch time today? I was in there purchasing some (non Bond related) chinos, and there was someone trying on the Kenton Saharas.
    And when I was paying one of the staff was on the phone to someone enquiring about the Kentons and she was talking about the rush they had yesterday! :))

Bond effect in motion!
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    I actually called the store yesterday and asked them to hold them for me until today. They are the Kenton plain toe, Sahara colour. I've been told they are sold out now
    brokepenny wrote:
    Don't get excited, I was at J Crew today (Regent St) and they denied all knowledge of having the boot in stock in the Sahara colour. I mentioned that a fellow member had purchased a pair only yesterday, to which the charming sales assistant replied, "we still don't have them". They do advertise it in Navy Blue on their Web site but, I was told by their staff that it's no longer available in Sahara. ?:) ?:)
    nickp wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

I own a pair of the JCrew Kenton (also not in sahara colour but bolder, which is the grey version) i am sure that these boots were used in the movie ,,, they are well worn and maybe they used a but of coloured spray on them as well ... like they did for the james purcell trainers (madagasca scene of CR) were the red marks were painted black ... (also there is a scene with a JCrew holdall ABINGDON bag at the safe house scene ... ).

anyway, the JCrew boots are great. I own Church and C&J and the value for money, plus the comfort ... i am really impressed, these boot are amazing ,,,,

i also wear them with grey scotch & soda chinos ,,, and a blue shirt ,,, for the "kind off" marocco look ,,, not 100% SA but, totally works for me. I would have spendt 300 USD on the BC chinos ,,,, but not 700 USD ,,, and I am kind of glad the Matchless jacket is sold out in M ,,, so i am not tempted :))

Cheers

Nick P
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    Hi!
    No, I was there around 2pm...the staff didn't seem to know much about the boots, but the girl I spoke to, over the phone, yesterday said they had become popular all of a sudden. She had to call me back cause somebody was trying on the actual pair I then bought today...I bet they got a bunch of phone calls from ajb members...
    kadd wrote:
    Jigen wrote:
    Thank you for the heads up buddy! I've just purchased a pair, UK size 10.5, from the Regent street store. Great boots, very comfortable. I'll wear them with the Matchless (which I promised myself not to buy, but couldn't resist in the end), a frugal All Saints version of the grey chinos and a Sunspel polo shirt.
    I've also seen a pair of Kentons, US size 11, on eBay, for whoever might be interested (I'm not the seller btw): http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/111821907201

Cheers

Nick P

Hey mate, were you in the Regent St store at lunch time today? I was in there purchasing some (non Bond related) chinos, and there was someone trying on the Kenton Saharas.
    And when I was paying one of the staff was on the phone to someone enquiring about the Kentons and she was talking about the rush they had yesterday! :))

Bond effect in motion!
  • brokepennybrokepenny Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Indeed. I was there at 10am this morning (on my way to work) and they looked at me as if I was mad.

Oh well, I quite like the stone colour so may well pick these up.
    kadd wrote:
    Jigen wrote:

Cheers

Nick P

Bond effect in motion!
    When I was eavesdropping I thought I heard something about them taking down contact details for people interested, for a reorder from the US or maybe a rerelease? I may have misheard though
    brokepenny wrote:
    Indeed. I was there at 10am this morning (on my way to work) and they looked at me as if I was mad.

Oh well, I quite like the stone colour so may well pick these up.
    kadd wrote:
    Jigen wrote:

Cheers

Nick P

Bond effect in motion!
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 525MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    Jigen wrote:

Cheers

Nick P

Bond effect in motion!

It was probably me!!! I bought a size 9 UK this lunchtime (I am normally size 8 but they seemed to fit ok). I think they only had one size left in 11. I spoke to sales assistant about the bond connection. She said these boots have been around for years and on sale since this June so they were clearing the last few and she thought it would be a while before they are released again.
    sunny01 wrote:
    kadd wrote:
    Jigen wrote:

Cheers

Nick P

Bond effect in motion!

It was probably me!!! I bought a size 9 UK this lunchtime (I am normally size 8 but they seemed to fit ok). I think they only had one size left in 11. I spoke to sales assistant about the bond connection. She said these boots have been around for years and on sale since this June so they were clearing the last few and she thought it would be a while before they are released again.

Well congrats on your purchase! If you noticed an Asian guy in a suit and tie hovering around you at that couch area, that was me eyeing out the Kentons.

While they are not the boots for me, I was interested to see them in the flesh and was curious if it was an AJB member trying them on! :p
    kadd wrote:
    sunny01 wrote:
    kadd wrote:

Bond effect in motion!

Well congrats on your purchase! If you noticed an Asian guy in a suit and tie hovering around you at that couch area, that was me eyeing out the Kentons.

While they are not the boots for me, I was interested to see them in the flesh and was curious if it was an AJB member trying them on! :p

Thanks v much....to be honest i was not sure on the colour as they seem very pale and i am used to more church ryder colour boots but the offer was just too good at 50% off so I took the chance. I wonder how many of us have been in that store as undercover AJBers!!
    nickp wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

I would guess what your seeing there is the internal heel cup printing through the broken-in suede, in the same way the uncapped toe suede has collapsed from its new rounded state.

Cheers

Nick P

Hi Nick just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on J Crew...you are a true gent! Much appreciated.
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    PointfiveO wrote:
    Aldo have a promo on starting today, just got the boots for £75 inc delivery (£20 discount)

Good fine OP.

This is truly a great find. But no delivery to Germany. They sell Aldo through a third-party website which doesn't have the Meggiano. :(
    Think I'll have to stick with my Clarks desert boots for now.

Just ordered a pair to Denmark by using a UK shipping address through forward2me.com - have no experiences with them yet but they'll ship to Germany :-)
  • nickpnickp UK, Surrey Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    nickp wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

Cheers

Nick P

Hi Nick just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on J Crew...you are a true gent! Much appreciated.

Hi, not a problem, that's what this site is all about, glad you got them. I gave them a miss as don't like the red sole but they are very very comfortable.

Cheers Nick p
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    I'm confused I spoke to jcrew regents St and guy told me no Sahara colours only bolder colour.
    Not had Sahara colour for ages and none available in the UK :s
    But confirmed they were wore in spectre :)
    007 reporting for duty
  • McCoyMcCoy Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    kadd wrote:
    sunny01 wrote:

Thanks v much....to be honest i was not sure on the colour as they seem very pale and i am used to more church ryder colour boots but the offer was just too good at 50% off so I took the chance. I wonder how many of us have been in that store as undercover AJBers!!

See that couch that Kadd was hovering around...that was me, operating undercover. Everyone in the shop was so focused on the boots section, they didn't notice me in my couch disguise. B-) Still didn't manage to get to the bottom of the "now you see 'em, now you don't" Sahara Kentons though. All I got for my trouble were some discarded laces and a sore back. :s
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:
    DBS wrote:
    David,

I have to say that these BC trousers run a bit large - perhaps a full size. I ordered these same trousers in a size 48 (which is my size in the Acne Wall Streets and in TF trousers), but these are quite a bit roomier in the waist and all the way through the legs. I have a pair of 46 on the way, so hopefully those will fit better. I'll post pics of them, along with another pair I ordered, which should be the same style/color M067DF1050 C1581 (believed to be the screen-used info from BC) that was posted earlier and available via Harrods.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    The Mantis wrote:
    Is the waist size pretty true to size?

I've ordered a pair through YOOX, got last pair of 38" waist. Will post when they arrive. If not a good fit then they'll come on here before I ship them back :p

Trousers arrived today, which is excellent considering I only ordered them on Tuesday evening around 8.00pm! That's what I call first class service.
    They are a nice (if expensive) soft feel, pair of chinos which are a slim fit in the legs but a good fit around the waist. I need to get them shortened considerably as they are about a 38" leg :)
    Will probably wear them with my Rider III's, need to look for a compatable jacket and tie now.
    Went to local Odeon IMAX and watched Spectre last night, excellent and enjoyed it; but probably spent too much time checking out the outfits :p Need to watch it again and enjoy the film for the story.
  • KMHPaladinKMHPaladin Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    I spoke to sales assistant about the bond connection. She said these boots have been around for years and on sale since this June so they were clearing the last few and she thought it would be a while before they are released again.
    I got the same idea looking around the web - some people were getting crazy deals on the boot ($60-80) 9 or 10 months ago. Given the movie connection I'd be surprised if they didn't re-stock them at some point.
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Last week when I was in the NYC 5th Avenue store they had them.
    Any UK guys have any alternatives for the jcrew sahara ?
    Looks like I'm never gonna find em , thought we solved it
    007 reporting for duty
  • sumner89sumner89 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    Any UK guys have any alternatives for the jcrew sahara ?
    Looks like I'm never gonna find em , thought we solved it

The ones from Aldo a bit further up in the thread are proving pretty popular at the moment, with me included, just ordered a pair.
  • nickpnickp UK, Surrey Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    I'm confused I spoke to jcrew regents St and guy told me no Sahara colours only bolder colour.

Chris hi, I can confirm that they did have a number of the Sahara in stock on Wednesday this week but I assume they have now sold out. The guy I spoke to was one of the senior guys in the branch and seemed to know far more than some of the other staff. I must admit I was shocked when he said they had stock, as I thought that these were sold out a long time ago.

Happily AJB members seem to have benefited.

Cheers

Nick p
    Okay thanks nick , they are the lucky ones.
    I phoned this afternoon so was naturally surprised perhaps I was speaking to a numpty.
    Oh well
    007 reporting for duty
    Thanks buddy , most appreciated
    007 reporting for duty
  • nickcharlesnickcharles Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    Found a more budget friendly version of the Sanders chukkas

GBX style 130802

s-l1600.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    I managed to snag a size US 12 of the Kentons BNIB off of eBay. I am tracking the package which is en route to me. I'll let you know what I think, and if they don't work I will offer them up here.

Not totally surprised to hear from others that some J Crews still have a stock of them. In store stock amounts are often not available to other stores or dot coms. Clearance items are even more difficult to keep track of. Not every chains inventory control matches Nordstrom.

The Aldos look like a good alternative, though, and much easier to find.
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    IanT wrote:
    PointfiveO wrote:
    Aldo have a promo on starting today, just got the boots for £75 inc delivery (£20 discount)

Good fine OP.

Just bought a pair myself. Aldo will love us.

Doesn't Bond wear a pair like this too...

GODEFROID_97_RG_324.jpg

Found in Aldo's formal boots

Just bought the black double monk straps too.

Be quick, the offer ends this weekend.
  • LynchLynch Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    Lynch wrote:
    Being a fashion newb, as well as wanting to take good care of the cashmere, how are people wearing their N.Peal Spectre Mock Turtleneck sweaters?

Does anyone wear a base layer under it? Also, is there a recommended way to care for the material?

Wearing an under layer would probably negate the benefits of wearing comfortable, breathable cashmere.

Trick is to wearing it sparingly, but not wash after every wear. Allow to air for at least 30 minutes before packing away if wearing again without washing. Hand wash with an N Peal recommend detergent. Dry flat on a towel, reshaping it when damp as necessary and no un-natural heat sources.

Repeat and enjoy :D

Thank you for the advice!

I'm very wary of wearing nice cashmere; I've never bought such a plush and great feeling one before.

For some reason, N.Peal didn't include a free bottle of their detergent, so I will probably have to buy one, even if the shipping will be very expensive from UK to Canada.

Regardless, good tips, I appreciate it, thanks!
  • Bond H. BondBond H. Bond Cal USAPosts: 36MI6 Agent

I'm having the same problem in the U.S. However I think I like the Boulder/stone color more than the tan Sahara. Especially with the brick colored sole. I just need to see the boots in person and try them on too. I'm not planning on recreating the desert outfit but I do want to wear the boat outfit on many occasions this winter.
    The name is Bond, Hydrogen Bond....
    just to clarify the confusion - Jcrew regents street have the following stock of -
    pacer suede boots in sahara colour
    kenton boots in bolder colour (grey)
    hope that helps
    007 reporting for duty
    thanks meesta , just ordered the aldo boots £95 free shipping
    due in 23rd November must be a big seller from ajbeers
    Thought if i can't get the originals , go for the alternative instead of paying £230 for pacer boots in sahara which are alternatives anyway.
    makes sense to me , now where can I can those BC chino alternatives from ?
    The watch and TF gear has skinted me
    007 reporting for duty