Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Yeah I wondered that but no sign yet
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    Skippy wrote:
    Heads up for those interested... J Crew are offering their Abingdon weekender bag again in the SA khaki colour:

https://www.jcrew.com/uk/mens_category/accessories/bags/PRD~F1471/F1471.jsp?Nbrd=J&Nloc=en_GB&Nrpp=48&Npge=1&Ntrm=adbingdon&isSaleItem=false&color_name=DEEP%20OLIVE&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row0

If they are carrying the bag again, I wonder if they will re-issue the boots in Sahara colour again...? :p

It's a beautiful bag. I bought one in the Olive colour off ebay a few months ago for just $150 CDN. I don't think it's worth the $400 it would cost me now to buy one in the SA colour. That's a lot of money for a canvas bag, even one as well made as this.

I'll wait until they start showing up on ebay again.

As for the boots I purchased a pair, again off ebay, in the Sahara colour for $150 US. Would be nice for those that missed out on them the last time to get them now. Hint, hint to J.Crew.

EDIT: Just checked the Canadian J.Crew site and they are offering it for $259 CDN! Might get one now on pre-order.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    also curious about the gun cases that M had inside the J Crew bag...
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    This morning I had the pleasure of speaking with Michele Malenotti, the CEO of Matchless for nearly 30 minutes. As you all know, Michele had posted a response to my review vlog of the Matchless Craig Blouson last week. We connected via email soon after and had agreed we should chat by phone.
    I will just highlight some of the conversation because our intention is to have a vlog soon (and perhaps a Skype interview) that shares much of the shared passion amongst Michele and I around the customer experience and Bond specifically.
    The subjects covered:
    • My vlog and his appreciation of it
    • How it felt for him to watch and hear about the customer experience issues
    • The production issues
    • The story of how they acquired the job of making the Craig blouson
    • The discussion of accuracy and changes
    • Sales
    • E-commerce partners and EX-partners
    • The importance of the personal customer touches
    • New venues in countries
    • His passion to get better and win the loyalty of the customer
    I don’t have the typing capability nor the time to detail the entire conversation but rest assured I will be doing a video (easier for me to recount it talking to a camera) in an upcoming vlog…soon. I will say this…as usual there is nothing like talking to a person to establish understanding and to help each other empathize with viewpoints…I believe this will be an engaging start to some interesting discussions….

Michele_Malenotti.jpg

David

I'd be really keen to hear more detail about your conversation with the Matchless CEO in a video, do you have any plans for it any time soon?

Daniel
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    They are launching their spring line but after the dust settles he is doubt a video skype interview with me that will become a vlog.
  • StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Wasn't quite sure if this was mention in this thread or elsewhere but I just got the Dior alternative from Next (a/w 15) in the clearance for £29, whopping £56 off in one chop. Great value at that price. In the clearance section "Coats and Jackets". Very happy with mine so thanks to whoever mentioned it and uploaded those selfies {[] .

Managed to find it on the Russian site so here's a real picture (Next UK still shows it with buttons? No idea.)
    363-040s2.jpg
    Russian site for details etc
    http://rus.nextdirect.com/en/g413256s1
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Congrats on the jacket, Stirling. {[]

It's not listed on the US site, which doesn't even have a clearance section at all. Too bad, since I have a $20 promo code.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    Question - the anthracite three-piece of the final scene IS a Tom Ford suit, through not in the TF Spectre buy book AFAIK. Has any eagle-eyed fellow ajb'er ID'd the black tie worn with it? It's definitely not the same as Rome.

And I won't ask about the watch, seeing as we're awaiting confirmation on that one.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
    The final suit is in the buy book and was on display in TF London / Harrods etc

The tie and the bow tie has not been confirmed to my knowledge
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    I stand corrected. It's not in the capsule collection at their website though.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Matt does another great review of that suit. The tie is not identified but there's a decent picture and he suggests it has a panama weave

http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/anthracite-damier-three-piece-suit-in-spectre/
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    Matt does another great review of that suit. The tie is not identified but there's a decent picture and he suggests it has a panama weave

http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/anthracite-damier-three-piece-suit-in-spectre/

Panama weave is my best guess, though it could be a twill weave (horizontal ribs because ties are made on the bias)
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • LeflerjLeflerj Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    Stirling wrote:
    Wasn't quite sure if this was mention in this thread or elsewhere but I just got the Dior alternative from Next (a/w 15) in the clearance for £29, whopping £56 off in one chop. Great value at that price. In the clearance section "Coats and Jackets". Very happy with mine so thanks to whoever mentioned it and uploaded those selfies {[] .

Managed to find it on the Russian site so here's a real picture (Next UK still shows it with buttons? No idea.)
    363-040s2.jpg

I have a size Medium that I am selling; I've only worn it maybe 10 times. It's still in great shape - contact me if interested. I'm in the US and asking $75 w/shipping included OBO.

http://postimg.cc/image/xq9q6y98p/
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Pm sent
    Leflerj wrote:
    Stirling wrote:

363-040s2.jpg

I have a size Medium that I am selling; I've only worn it maybe 10 times. It's still in great shape - contact me if interested. I'm in the US and asking $75 w/shipping included OBO.

http://postimg.cc/image/xq9q6y98p/
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    Hey guys,
    Can anyone recommend a good pretreatment product for the various suede shoes and jackets we've been collecting?
    pr3id.jpg
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Hey guys,
    Can anyone recommend a good pretreatment product for the various suede shoes and jackets we've been collecting?
    5voypwkcx

This is what I've always used for suede and leather. Just make sure to spray it in in a well ventilated area. And yes, the smell on the clothing goes away after a few days...

image.jpg
    Hey guys,

The Saphir Super Invulner Waterproofing Spray is a great product.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Get the Tarrago Nano spray protector. It is amazing! URL below is a link to a shoe store that sells as well as a video demonstration of its effectiveness. You can get it many places online.

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoe-care/nano-protector-1570.html
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Oh that's funny... An Aussie asks what best to protect his dungas and you suggest a Kiwi product.....

That's gotta hurt.....

:))

Hey guys,
    5voypwkcx

This is what I've always used for suede and leather. Just make sure to spray it in in a well ventilated area. And yes, the smell on the clothing goes away after a few days...

image.jpg
    Just received email from Matchless with two new colours of the Matchless Blouson - the dark Nabuk wet looks nice

Ironically they show a nice close up of DC wearing his matchless with the "JV hooks" which never made the versions that Matchless sell to the public
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Ahaha As a matter of fact Kiwi products are reasonably popular here in Aus, I personally use their shoeshine all the time.

Cheers guys for your suggestions. -{
    ke02eww wrote:
    Oh that's funny... An Aussie asks what best to protect his dungas and you suggest a Kiwi product.....

That's gotta hurt.....

:))

Hey guys,
    5voypwkcx

image.jpg
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Screen_Shot_2016_02_14_at_4_56_24_PM.jpg

It looks like Magic Johnson is a Bond fan, here he is on Jimmy Fallon in the full Rome funeral outfit :007)
    SenorJon21 wrote:

It looks like Magic Johnson is a Bond fan, here he is on Jimmy Fallon in the full Rome funeral outfit :007)

Very nice! Either he is a Bond fan or whoever dresses him is.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    SenorJon21 wrote:

He also owns the Rome funeral coat as well
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    hey guys,
    I hate asking questions that have (possibly) been asked/answered before so i tried sifting through the previous 250 pages (i got to 30 before i broke down and am now posting) i was kinda following along at the time of posting, then trailed off.

anyway, i really liked the Tom Ford sunglasses from the rome funeral. (surprisingly! not my typical style) i was very surprised to learn that the film used glasses were the red havana. so i just recently bought the Tom Ford Snowdon TF237 52N. they really seem to look pretty different from the film version. i can see the frames appearing darker on film but the lenses really get me. the lenses are such a light, opaque brown, one can see right through to my eyes with no problem at all. are these really the screen used glasses? i remember reading someone mentioning they had put darker frames into the tortoise shell lenses. that almost seems believable.

i'm just very surprised how they appear in actuality compared to how they looked on film. i tried to do my homework to get the accurate pair but something still seems off... wasn't sure there if there was something i'm missing.

-Steve

i can try and get some pictures if need be, as well
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Steve, have a look at this link of the screen used TF sunglasses being auctioned now (Hey, you might even want to bid!)

https://onlineonly.christies.com/s/james-bond-spectre-the-online-sale/tom-ford-snowdon-sunglasses-worn-by-daniel-craig-as-james-bond-24/25148

If you click on the second picture and then hover your cursor over the left arm of the sunglasses in the picture, you can see all the codes printed on them to confirm the model, colourway, etc.
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    that you very much, skippy. some peace of mind there... everything is spot on in the color codes and anything. even still, the lenses seem a little darker in the auction ones. it could just be me. tomorrow, in some daylight, i'll have to get some pictures of my snowdons.
    thanks for your help!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Keep in mind too that in the film you're not seeing reality accurately represented. They could have gone in there and crushed the blacks on those sunglasses, darkened JUST the lenses, who knows what else. Color correction lies!
  • Strummer77Strummer77 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi Steve,

I had something similar when I bought a pair last year, with the lenses being brown and very see-through, even more so in the sunlight where they appeared almost orange-y.
    I tried another pair to see if any different, and although the codes were exactly the same (TF237 52N) the lenses were more grey/green and much darker (couldn't see eyes through). Very strange, and suggests there may be some variation even with the same code (some online shops I think do have the description as grey or green if that may make a difference).
    Seeming to remember them being more brown in colour in the film (could be wrong, although may have been the case and just appear darker with grading, etc), I ummed and ahhed between the two, although eventually kept the darker (grey/green) ones for the very reason you say.

Not sure if that helps, but just thought Id let you know I'd spotted the same thing.

Good luck with it.