Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Yes that pretty much confirms it's a vintage piece I think

the thorn (if this is the correct term) when into the opening of the Omega symbol
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

the thorn (if this is the correct term) when into the opening of the Omega symbol
    Yes that's right, there a really clear still of it over on the "Bonds watch in spectre" thread. Its the sub dial and no pushers that's really throwing us all I think.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Yes that's right, there a really clear still of it over on the "Bonds watch in spectre" thread. Its the sub dial and no pushers that's really throwing us all I think.

soon we will be told to move this topic to the watch thread ,,, but one more thing, it is definitely a small watch .. 36mm ... and it has a large second hand which is at 12 o'clock position like with a chrono ... are there vintage omegas with pushers on the left side, like some vintage Heuers....

just checked the watch thread ... where this should be and the mystery has been solved i believe ... at least it looks like it
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

soon we will be told to move this topic to the watch thread ,,, but one more thing, it is definitely a small watch .. 36mm ... and it has a large second hand which is at 12 o'clock position like with a chrono ... are there vintage omegas with pushers on the left side, like some vintage Heuers....

just checked the watch thread ... where this should be and the mystery has been solved i believe ... at least it looks like it
    To my knowledge there are no vintage omegas with pushers on the left, I could be wrong tho, I think its a pretty close call with the watch on the other thread.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Full re-stock of the John Varvatos Suede Racer Jacket on their website. ALL sizes available at the moment.

https://www.johnvarvatos.com/suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html?dwvar_L855R1L-Y668_color=405#start=1

I guess like the Billy Reid Skyfall peacoat, this one is going to run and run...
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Screen_Shot_2016_01_22_at_5_27_18_PM.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    Full re-stock of the John Varvatos Suede Racer Jacket on their website. ALL sizes available at the moment.

https://www.johnvarvatos.com/suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html?dwvar_L855R1L-Y668_color=405#start=1

I guess like the Billy Reid Skyfall peacoat, this one is going to run and run...

At least it gives everyone a chance to get one if they haven't already.
    And while we are talking about it...

Full re-stock of the Agnelle James gloves from the Solden scene on their website also. ALL sizes available, although the three largest sizes are all showing low stock warnings.

http://www.agnelle.com/boutique/en/home/136-james.html#/taille-3

Get them while its hot ...well it is in the UK anyway! :D
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    Skippy wrote:
    And while we are talking about it...

Full re-stock of the Agnelle James gloves from the Solden scene on their website also. ALL sizes available, although the three largest sizes are all showing low stock warnings.

http://www.agnelle.com/boutique/en/home/136-james.html#/taille-3

Get them while its hot ...well it is in the UK anyway! :D

How warm are these anyway? Bond uses them in heavy snow, I have a pair of Dents with wool lining and once the temperature drops below -10 my hands are freezing so I can't imagine these are any better then that? I see they have aplaga lining so I guess they must be warmer?
    @MrZ - Haven't had a chance to try mine out yet, as the weather in the UK is quite mild for winter and it was the same over on the east coast USA when I was there for the holiday season. Basically no where near as cold as you guys routinely get in Poland!

I would suggest they are OK as an apres-ski type smart glove, but not for serious cold weather or hard work.

Despite my initial reservations about the square quilted design, I have to say I love the fit, quality and short cuff, which works well with all us big-assed dive watch wearing Bond wannabes
    :D
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Came across these danner look alike and thought I'd share. The name of the boot seems as though it was directly inspired by spectre.

http://thursdayboots.com/products/black-commander-alpine-hiker

Screen_Shot_2016_01_25_at_12_09_09_PM.jpg
  • Eddy007Eddy007 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Being someone who is not a huge fan of TF clothing especially in 007 movies, I have to stay that I really reallloved Spectre Windsor model dinner suit. It is one of the best references I really liked in the film, the costume designer Jany has worked brilliantly with TF to design a classic James Bond white tux to pay tribute to two legendary 007 actors especially Sean Connery!!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Eddy007 wrote:
    Being someone who is not a huge fan of TF clothing especially in 007 movies, I have to stay that I really reallloved Spectre Windsor model dinner suit. It is one of the best references I really liked in the film, the costume designer Jany has worked brilliantly with TF to design a classic james bond white tux to pay tribute to two legendary 007 actors especially Sean Connery!!

Welcome Eddy007! Do you work for JBSuits . com?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Eddy007 wrote:
    Being someone who is not a huge fan of TF clothing especially in 007 movies, I have to stay that I really reallloved Spectre Windsor model dinner suit. It is one of the best references I really liked in the film, the costume designer Jany has worked brilliantly with TF to design a classic james bond white tux to pay tribute to two legendary 007 actors especially Sean Connery!!

Subtle!
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Wonder if we'll ever hear from Eddy007 again...unless there's another product he feels 'compelled' to promote.
    I'm guessing it's Alex Edward under a new name.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,515Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    I'm guessing it's Alex Edward under a new name.

Totally different IP address...but that doesn't really prove anything either way...I'll remove the link regardless.... -{
    YNWA 97
  • esk1020esk1020 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know if Bond wears the Tom Ford "Crombie" coat over his suit jacket? I was also wondering this about the overcoat from Skyfall. I'm just curious as to whether it is common to size up with these so it can fit over a suit jacket or if it is better to just wear it without a coat over it and get my typical suit jacket size.
    esk1020 wrote:
    Does anyone know if Bond wears the Tom Ford "Crombie" coat over his suit jacket? I was also wondering this about the overcoat from Skyfall. I'm just curious as to whether it is common to size up with these so it can fit over a suit jacket or if it is better to just wear it without a coat over it and get my typical suit jacket size.

Yes, he wears it over the grey herringbone track stripe suit. Overcoats are sized to be worn over a suit of the same size.
  • esk1020esk1020 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    esk1020 wrote:

Yes, he wears it over the grey herringbone track stripe suit. Overcoats are sized to be worn over a suit of the same size.

Thanks. That is what I thought. I jsut noticed when I was going to order one from Anthony Sinclair that it said to size up if intended to wear over a suit coat. That would put it at a size 44 and I didn't know if that would look too baggy as DCs looks very slim as if worn on its own.
    esk1020 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    esk1020 wrote:

Thanks. That is what I thought. I jsut noticed when I was going to order one from Anthony Sinclair that it said to size up if intended to wear over a suit coat. That would put it at a size 44 and I didn't know if that would look too baggy as DCs looks very slim as if worn on its own.

For a fit like Craig's you probably wouldn't want to size up. It's not always consistent how things are sized. A size 40 suit jacket can have anywhere from a 40" chest to a 44" chest. A size 40 overcoat will typically have from a 42" chest on the slim side to a 46" chest or maybe a little more. I have to measure my overcoat to see what it actually measures. My size 40 overcoats fit over my size 40 suits, though now I wear 38 suits with my old 40 overcoats. The 40 overcoats have a larger fit on me now, but they're by no means too large.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    Orlebar Brown just released today the Morton Classic and Morton Tailored. I believe this shirt is the SA one we see in Spectre under the Craig Blouson.

http://www.orlebarbrown.com/men/shirts/morton-classic/butterfly-blue

http://www.orlebarbrown.com/men/shirts/morton-tailored/butterfly-blue
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Orlebar Brown just released today the Morton Classic and Morton Tailored. I believe this shirt is the SA one we see in Spectre under the Craig Blouson.

As these pieces are new to the OB collection, they would not have been available to the wardrobe team on the film in late 2014. It's likely that the correct shirt is already in our hands - being either the Morton, Gibson, or Malone from last season.

Still, they are nice shirts!

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    DBS wrote:

As these pieces are new to the OB collection, they would not have been available to the wardrobe team on the film in late 2014. It's likely that the correct shirt is already in our hands - being either the Morton, Gibson, or Malone from last season.

Kind regards,
    Craig

I realize they are new, however one they are calling "Classic", which to me means it's been offered for sale before and now it's back and to me they look identical to the shirt on screen.

The others talked about here previously are similar but the buttons don't stand out as much as they should.

Consider it a reissue of the one used in the film.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

I realize they are new, however one they are calling "Classic", which to me means it's been offered for sale before and now it's back.

"Classic" in this case means classic fit.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent

I realize they are new, however one they are calling "Classic", which to me means it's been offered for sale before and now it's back and to me they look identical to the shirt on screen.

The others talked about here previously are similar but the buttons don't stand out as much as they should.

Consider it a reissue of the one used in the film.

I think "classic" in this context refers to the cut/style of the shirt - sort of like calling it a 'regular fit' versus 'slim' or 'tailored' rather than meaning it's been around for ages.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yes, but it is a re-issue of the older Morton shirt, with two different fits, yes....and now that I have seen and own the HD version, I do agree the Morton is most likely it...
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Regarding the remake of the BC belt that I mentioned early December, I have an update.

My belt is almost finished, I will have pictures soon.
    Turns out that due to the high amount of handmade elements and special equipment needed to craft each belt, the price per belt will be closer to £150 than what I was originally quoted.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Regarding the remake of the BC belt that I mentioned early December, I have an update.

My belt is almost finished, I will have pictures soon.
    Turns out that due to the high amount of handmade elements and special equipment needed to craft each belt, the price per belt will be closer to £150 than what I was originally quoted.

Look forward to the pics!!! -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Heads up for those interested... J Crew are offering their Abingdon weekender bag again in the SA khaki colour:

https://www.jcrew.com/uk/mens_category/accessories/bags/PRD~F1471/F1471.jsp?Nbrd=J&Nloc=en_GB&Nrpp=48&Npge=1&Ntrm=adbingdon&isSaleItem=false&color_name=DEEP%20OLIVE&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row0

If they are carrying the bag again, I wonder if they will re-issue the boots in Sahara colour again...? :p