Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    I agree. There is a clear image of the strap I posted which shows it is smooth leather and not embossed or gator. Granted the strap could have been changed. Plus this watch does seem less than 42mm in size, at least to my eyes. I am leaning this is not an Omega at all.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    I am leaning this is not an Omega at all.

I can't imagine Omega would stand for that, but this is strong possibility.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I tend to agree with Matt, Im more of the opinion. Its a vintage Omega, in keeping with the db5 and the driving gloves feel, after all they did dress bond as a gangster for the Rome funeral scenes, so why not? If it is vintage watch it would have been re-strapped.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    I think there's a very good chance that it's a vintage Omega - possibly even one from Daniel Craig's personal collection.
  • PrimeopticsPrimeoptics Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    *Edited....
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    With the amount Omega pump into the Bond franchise I would be VERY surprised if it was something other on Bond / Daniel Craigs wrist.

Since becoming an Omega ambassador I dont think Daniel Craig has even been seen in public with anything but Omega, even though we all know he is a giant Rolex fan and used to wear many diff Rolex out and about all the time. Now he appears to wear both modern and vintage Omega
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Edited

Advertising your website?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Edited

Advertising your website?

It's a very subtle promotion though, you must admit :s
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I say that's not cricket, :#
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Spec-tacular ;)
    So old Optimus, became an optician ? Good for him :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) :))
  • esk1020esk1020 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Stefan wrote:
    The Aldo boot is in and it's 99.9% accurate. It's crazy how much they look alike.The color is shade darker, the thread on the sole is different, and the Aldo boot is tiny bit taller, but that could be because they sent the wrong size of boot. Change the lace with a 57 inch flat tan lace and you are good to go. The fit not so narrow when compared to the Kenton, so order your normal shoe size. All the details are there, it's even made in China like the Jcrew Kenton.

Here are quick pictures,
    The Kenton is on the left
    image.jpg
    The Kenton is on the right
    image.jpg
    The Kenton is on the right
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow great review - I have Kenton's too, also wrong colour (Boulder instead of Sahara) but I have ordered Aldos today, too. Looking forward to get them ...

where did you get the laces from?
    I too got the Aldos as an alternative to the Kentons. I really like them, but as mentioned the laces are dark brown in contrast to the shoes. I was unable to find any laces that matched the shoes in any stores. I ordered a few off of ebay and finally found one I think works. They are at http://www.ebay.com/itm/371504569090. I ordered the desert beige first and they were too light. I then ordered the light brown/tan laces and they are a pretty good match. I ordered them in 3mm width, but I think 5mm would work too.I also ordered the 150cm length and they are plenty long. Hope this helps.

IMG_1558.jpg
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Nice info guys! I stand corrected!
    Last rat standing.
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    esk1020 wrote:
    I too got the Aldos as an alternative to the Kentons. I really like them, but as mentioned the laces are dark brown in contrast to the shoes. I was unable to find any laces that matched the shoes in any stores. I ordered a few off of ebay and finally found one I think works. They are at http://www.ebay.com/itm/371504569090. I ordered the desert beige first and they were too light. I then ordered the light brown/tan laces and they are a pretty good match. I ordered them in 3mm width, but I think 5mm would work too.I also ordered the 150cm length and they are plenty long. Hope this helps.

They look OK in your pics but I bought these and they looked way off to me, anyone else found anything for the Aldos?
  • GomersGomers Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    genericguy wrote:
    esk1020 wrote:

They look OK in your pics but I bought these and they looked way off to me, anyone else found anything for the Aldos?

Seconded, I've had a couple of pairs of laces now, both ended up to light so still looking. Would love to hear of anybody else's suggestions too.
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Gomers wrote:
    genericguy wrote:
    esk1020 wrote:

Seconded, I've had a couple of pairs of laces now, both ended up to light so still looking. Would love to hear of anybody else's suggestions too.

Yup, I'm right there with you guys. The laces are either too light or too dark. Honestly, the laces that esk1020 got are the best I've seen in terms of color, but they are still not close enough for my crazy SA mind, and the Kenton laces are not waxed. We might need to get into color dyeing to get it just right. I have some lighter color laces that I might try dyeing, as I'm running out of options.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    How about these on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J11MUJS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Anyone got a decent pic of the Kenton laces?
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • GomersGomers Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Dufus wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J11MUJS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

If my Aldos are anything to go by, they will be too light. They're similar to the first set I bought off the bay, too much contrast with the colour of the boot.

What we need is for Stefan to advise where he got his Aldo replacement laces from, they look a good match in his photos, however they may be some colour variations with the boots themselves.

Can't face having to dye laces, too lazy 8-)
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Gomers wrote:
    Dufus wrote:

If my Aldos are anything to go by, they will be too light. They're similar to the first set I bought off the bay, too much contrast with the colour of the boot.

What we need is for Stefan to advise where he got his Aldo replacement laces from, they look a good match in his photos, however they may be some colour variations with the boots themselves.

Working on the basis he only has one Kenton boot in each photo, I'm guessing the laces he uses in the Aldo boots are from the other Kenton
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    Gomers wrote:
    Dufus wrote:

Working on the basis he only has one Kenton boot in each photo, I'm guessing the laces he uses in the Aldo boots are from the other Kenton

That's exactly what I was thinking.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    CAMPER laces look great, in tan beige ... they are a little bit to light but still look very good and close to originals ... i bought a pack and when i came home there was one one instead of a pair ... 140cm fits best. now i have to wait until i come back to the store ... not soon with Camper i mean the Spanish shoe brand but he way.
    re the 3rd watch ... i saw an omega clasp. 99.9%
    Friedl41 wrote:
    As in a deployment clasp? Could it have been an omega buckle by any chance?
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Was yesterday in London and had the opportunity to vist Harrods, Selfridges an TF at Sloane Street. All 3 independently told me all the SA stuff will be soon available again in all sizes (eg. Navy Polo, Sölden jacket, etc.)

Selfridges website has the navy polo back in stock in most sizes

http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/tom-ford-short-sleeved-knitted-polo-shirt_416-3002347-TFKC32BHD94/?previewAttribute=Blue
  • Strummer77Strummer77 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Have never got around to posting, but have really enjoyed keeping up with the AJB-ers these last few years, and having followed all the handy tips and intrepid digging, felt I should put something back, and whilst nothing overly groundbreaking (think the Dior Best Kept Secret Award is safe for now), for anyone still looking at alternatives for the Morocco belt, have found a good option from Lee (don’t think it’s been mentioned before, but apologies if it has):

http://uk.lee.com/product/braided-belt/LF095024#

Obviously not exact (braided to the end, different buckle), but the braiding and colour look pretty close (its a much nicer/darker brown than it shows on the site), and is a really nice belt. And a bargain to boot in the sale.

Hope it helps anyone on the lookout, and look forward to more secrets being unearthed (roll on the Blu-Ray) - is there anything left? - and as always, the next instalment from The Mantis!
  • esk1020esk1020 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    I am sure this has probably been answered already somewhere in this thread, but I am interested in ordering the Spectre mock turtleneck sweater from N Peal. I watched David's video on it and I am just curious if someone can confirm I should get a size large as my chest size is just above 42. The size guide on the N Peal site says Large is for 42-44, but I wasn't sure if that would make it too loose.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    esk1020 wrote:
    I am sure this has probably been answered already somewhere in this thread, but I am interested in ordering the Spectre mock turtleneck sweater from N Peal. I watched David's video on it and I am just curious if someone can confirm I should get a size large as my chest size is just above 42. The size guide on the N Peal site says Large is for 42-44, but I wasn't sure if that would make it too loose.

I also take a 42 and went with a size large as the mock is designed to be more fitted. It's perfect for me.

By contrast I take a medium in the N.Peal Skyfall sweater which runs smaller. Also perfect.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:
    As in a deployment clasp? Could it have been an omega buckle by any chance?

sorry, yes a omega buckle not a clasp.
    Yes that pretty much confirms it's a vintage piece I think