Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,597Chief of Staff
    Still 2 pairs in there this afternoon when I collected mine from being altered. The staff are very good in that branch, I concur! -{ -{

Did they have a 34/32 in ? If you noticed...?
    YNWA 97
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Still 2 pairs in there this afternoon when I collected mine from being altered. The staff are very good in that branch, I concur! -{ -{

Ooh, you slim so-and-so! No, I don't think they did, however as I'm usually a 36", I tend to ignore anything less than this size and as Tyrwhitt are normally small fitting, I tend to look more at 38". A call to the store would prove either way though and the trouser in question is right next to the phone. Try also the outlet at Cheshire Oaks.
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
    Sir Miles wrote:

Ooh, you slim so-and-so! No, I don't think they did, however as I'm usually a 36", I tend to ignore anything less than this size and as Tyrwhitt are normally small fitting, I tend to look more at 38". A call to the store would prove either way though and the trouser in question is right next to the phone. Try also the outlet at Cheshire Oaks.

Slim ? I wish :))

But thanks for the advice -{
    YNWA 97
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Was it ever confirmed that the Morocco linen jacket actually did have a ticket pocket ? I watched it again.. I swear I did not see a ticket pocket.. ( I may getting blind in my years ) Really good view of the jacket when he hands over his Walther..
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I watched the film again and the BC linen blend jacket definitely did NOT have the third "ticket" pocket, and it definitely DID have two slant front pockets, just as David and Matt S. had previously noted. In all my searching, I've only found one linen blend jacket with these specs, and it was a plaid check jacket.

This jacket is proving to be rarer than the Dior Homme.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • LqLq Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Happy New Year to all you bond brothers out there if you haven't already seen it check out the new Royalefilm Jackets coming soon by Daniel love.
    the mr white jacket looks like it will be a big hit
  • SAS Prince Malko LingeSAS Prince Malko Linge U.S.APosts: 16MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    Lq wrote:
    Happy New Year to all you bond brothers out there if you haven't already seen it check out the new Royalefilm Jackets coming soon by Daniel love.
    the mr white jacket looks like it will be a big hit

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016! YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, LIVE LIKE BOND!!!
    "SEMPER OCCULTUS"

shooter.gif
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Yesterday I received the grey slim fit GAP chinos that Mantis has been wearing in his Spectre Morocco outfit videos. They looked good. Unfortunately the pair I got has a defective zipper, so back it goes. For the best really, since they are $10 cheaper today than when I ordered them a couple weeks ago. I've decided to get both the 34 and 36 inseams and keep whichever works best with boots.
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    Which pants are those?? The gap chinos.

Also, I had a question. The bond character has obviously always been very stylishly dressed of course. But have the previous bond's articles of clothing always been outrageously out of reach expensive?
    Were the jackets that Connery wore in the 60's the equivalent to the $2000-$5000 jackets that they put the new bond in? Or were they a little more... Attainable to the average person. Curiosity.
    edited January 2016
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent

Also, I had a question. The bond character has obviously always been very stylishly dressed of course. But have the previous bond's articles of clothing always been outrageously out of reach expensive?
    Were the jackets that Connery wore in the 60's the equivalent to the $2000-$5000 jackets that they put the new bond in? Or were they a little more... Attainable to the average person. Curiosity.

This is actually a very interesting question. As far as Connery's clothes are concerned, he primarily wore suit's, which were almost, if not exclusively, all Anthony Sinclair (to the best of my knowledge). I am not familiar with the history of Anthony Sinclair, so I don't know what kind of prices or status the suites held back then. The brand name of much of Connery's casual wear is unknown and ,therefore, difficult to determine how expensive it was for its time period. Again, with some known brands like Fred Perry and Jantzen, we would have to know their price tag for the time period. I know Brosnan wore Church's shoes, and I know those were expensive. Bond wore Rolex often, but I don't know the history of Rolex well enough to say if they cost a lot of money back in the 60's. When Roger Moore was wearing Seiko, I tremember someone on here saying they were a luxury brand, but I could be wrong about that. Of course, the Turnbull and Asser shirts were worn often and by multiple Bonds. Dalton wore quite a bit of casual outfits, but much of the brand names are unknown. Anyway, Matt S could probably formulate a much better answer to this question, but I figured I would give a crack at it. My guess is that most of Bonds clothes were expensive for their time. Well, that's my useless bit of information for the day :))
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

This is actually a very interesting question. As far as Connery's clothes are concerned, he primarily wore suit's, which were almost, if not exclusively, all Anthony Sinclair (to the best of my knowledge). I am not familiar with the history of Anthony Sinclair, so I don't know what kind of prices or status the suites held back then. The brand name of much of Connery's casual wear is unknown and ,therefore, difficult to determine how expensive it was for its time period. Again, with some known brands like Fred Perry and Jantzen, we would have to know their price tag for the time period. I know Brosnan wore Church's shoes, and I know those were expensive. Bond wore Rolex often, but I don't know the history of Rolex well enough to say if they cost a lot of money back in the 60's. When Roger Moore was wearing Seiko, I tremember someone on here saying they were a luxury brand, but I could be wrong about that. Of course, the Turnbull and Asser shirts were worn often and by multiple Bonds. Dalton wore quite a bit of casual outfits, but much of the brand names are unknown. Anyway, Matt S could probably formulate a much better answer to this question, but I figured I would give a crack at it. My guess is that most of Bonds clothes were expensive for their time. Well, that's my useless bit of information for the day :))

Sean Connery's Anthony Sinclair suits today would cost what off-Savile Row bespoke tailors would charge, around £3,000. A GQ article from 1966 stated Sinclair charged $215 for a two-piece suit, which when adjusted for inflation would cost about a third of what the equivalent would cost today. If the Turnbull & Asser shirts were the Sea Island cotton variety that Fleming specified, they would also cost about the same as a Tom Ford shirt. The workmanship in Tom Ford's clothes, however, is better than on any English bespoke clothing I've seen.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • GomersGomers Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Yesterday I received the grey slim fit GAP chinos that Mantis has been wearing in his Spectre Morocco outfit videos. They looked good. Unfortunately the pair I got has a defective zipper, so back it goes. For the best really, since they are $10 cheaper today than when I ordered them a couple weeks ago. I've decided to get both the 34 and 36 inseams and keep whichever works best with boots.

I tried the GAP chinos the other day in Manchester, nice trouser but expected a slimmer fit, might be worth anyone in the UK trying Next's £20 chino when they start to appear in the next couple of months. I have a couple of pairs of the regular fit and they are a tad slimmer fitting than the GAP pair, Next also do a pukka slim fit too which are a lot more close cut.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Need to ge the skinny not the slim
    The Mantis wrote:
    Need to ge the skinny not the slim

While I called it slim, they are listed as skinny. In fit they aren't nearly as skinny as some (**cough** Uniqlo**cough**). No need to size up. I could carry my phone and a slim wallet no problem. My only concern is whether the leg opening on the longer inseam will be adequate for my chukkas or Kentons. A pity the zipper was broken, although that may work out in my favor in the end.
  • LeflerjLeflerj Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Budget Spectre outfit (just missing a blouson):
    -Aldo boots
    -Uniqlo polo
    -Banana Republic chinos
    vog6JO.jpg
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Leflerj wrote:
    -Aldo boots
    -Uniqlo polo
    -Banana Republic chinos
    vog6JO.jpg

Looks great man! I've got the Aldo's too, and they really do the trick. {[]
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Leflerj wrote:
    -Aldo boots
    -Uniqlo polo
    -Banana Republic chinos
    vog6JO.jpg

Which chinos are those?
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • LeflerjLeflerj Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    Leflerj wrote:
    -Aldo boots
    -Uniqlo polo
    -Banana Republic chinos
    vog6JO.jpg

Which chinos are those?

They are the Aiden chinos; I picked them up at the Banana Republic factory store for $20 a few weeks ago.
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Charles Tyrwhitt Manchester have restocked with the pseudo-poster trousers. Your size included Sir Miles.
    IMG_5251.jpg
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
    Sir Miles wrote:

Charles Tyrwhitt Manchester have restocked with the pseudo-poster trousers. Your size included Sir Miles.
    IMG_5251.jpg

Thanks for the info - and picture -{

Was hoping that I wouldn't have to raid my piggy bank again though :# :D
    YNWA 97
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Size USA 11 Jcrew Boots for sale £200 plus shipping

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Here are some more detailed pictures of the Brunelli Cucinelli Jacket code number MH4157BR6 C1011. Are we absolutely sure that the BC contact has the right jacket, as Craig and David both stated that they thought that the pockets were slanted?:

Brunello%20Cucinelli%20Suit%20viii_zpsjgrgbmxv.jpg

Brunello%20Cucinelli%20Suit%20vii_zps8a7mwale.jpg

Brunello%20Cucinelli%20Suit%20iv_zpsopwlrpue.jpg

Brunello%20Cucinelli%20Suit%20vi_zps0rm25tig.jpg

Brunello%20Cucinelli%20Suit%20iii_zpsrm3huvre.jpg

Brunello%20Cucinelli%20Suit%20v_zpshqqpvlms.jpg

Brunello%20Cucinelli%20Suit%20ii_zpshatlzwlf.jpg

Brunello%20Cucinelli%20Suit%20i_zpsrndmzduc.jpg

Missed this when it came up on eBay just before Christmas. If it was grabbed by an AJBer who might want to part with it, please let me know by PM or email.

Cheers then,

Blair
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    In a nutshell several members here have told me to take the BC reps codes with a "bucket" of salt

The film version did have slanted pockets and no ticket pocket either
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    That jacket has peaked lapels whereas the one in the movie has notched lapels
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Here are some more detailed pictures of the Brunelli Cucinelli Jacket code number MH4157BR6 C1011. Are we absolutely sure that the BC contact has the right jacket, as Craig and David both stated that they thought that the pockets were slanted?:

Missed this when it came up on eBay just before Christmas. If it was grabbed by an AJBer who might want to part with it, please let me know by PM or email.

Cheers then,

Blair

I have the same jacket as above (not full suit) with peak lapels and dark blue lining (SA lining is khaki/ beige). The only thing that I believe is correct is the fabric in this jacket with colour code C1011 ( not selling it by the way!). I actually have another BC jacket bought early on, before any high definition pictures, which actually has the slanted pockets and correct lining, and notched lapels (!!!) BUT the wrong fabric (beige with a feint herringbone pattern). I will eventually post some pics of jacket with c1011 colour code, when I collect the knitted tie from my US friend in a couple of weeks (the Neiman Marcus inverted colour version - brown on rust rather than vice verse, which I believe Skippy found correct version in Harrods before Christmas) together with BC trousers and Crew boots.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Im absolutely certain the coded are incorrect...if that helps!
    I don't suppose you could post the SKU/product code for the herringbone jacket? Maybe we could combine the codes to give us the correct SA jacket- or some kind of mutant Brunellobeast....

Cheers then,

Blair

I have the same jacket as above (not full suit) with peak lapels and dark blue lining (SA lining is khaki/ beige). The only thing that I believe is correct is the fabric in this jacket with colour code C1011 ( not selling it by the way!). I actually have another BC jacket bought early on, before any high definition pictures, which actually has the slanted pockets and correct lining, and notched lapels (!!!) BUT the wrong fabric (beige with a feint herringbone pattern). I will eventually post some pics of jacket with c1011 colour code, when I collect the knitted tie from my US friend in a couple of weeks (the Neiman Marcus inverted colour version - brown on rust rather than vice verse, which I believe Skippy found correct version in Harrods before Christmas) together with BC trousers and Crew boots.