Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    it features in Man from UNCLE and of course a McQueen classic
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    I have already a dark navy which I wear quite a lot. I think in man from uncle it is a G4 ... I like the open sleeves and the less baggy cut of the g9 better. Which is like the QOS Harrington.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    I have already a dark navy which I wear quite a lot. I think in man from uncle it is a G4 ... I like the open sleeves and the less baggy cut of the g9 better. Which is like the QOS Harrington.

The G9 has the knitted cuffs and hem. The G4 has the open cuffs and hem and is more of a slim cut:
    http://www.baracuta.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-WPBAWO-EU-Site/default/Icons-Detail?cgid=br_G4_CO

The G4:
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=30482564

The G9:
    baracuta-g9-slimfit-coats.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    I know some people are saying the chinos in the Morocco scenes are grey, but I'm pretty sure they're a khaki colour. The colour code someone posted here that they got from Brunello Cucinelli for the chinos with the Brunello Cucinelli jacket was khaki, and the chinos with the Matchless jacket look the same. They don't look grey in the film or in the behind-the-scenes book. Grey chinos don't look so great with the colour of either jacket. And I honestly think chinos look pretty awful in grey. No offense to those who like them.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    The one I had did not have knot or elastic cuffs - cant remember which one it was now. Also came in a modern fit.
    Sorry. Yes. G4 Harrington like QOS and not G9 like men from UNCLE
    Matt S wrote:
    I know some people are saying the chinos in the Morocco scenes are grey, but I'm pretty sure they're a khaki colour. The colour code someone posted here that they got from Brunello Cucinelli for the chinos with the Brunello Cucinelli jacket was khaki, and the chinos with the Matchless jacket look the same. They don't look grey in the film or in the behind-the-scenes book. Grey chinos don't look so great with the colour of either jacket. And I honestly think chinos look pretty awful in grey. No offense to those who like them.

They are kind of inbetween the two colours for me (I have a few pairs).
    A view pairs of the BC chinos?
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    The few pairs of BC trousers that have passed through my hands have all been slightly different in color. But this is only noticeable when they're side-by-side. If I had only one pair at a time, I would have said they're the same. But they've ranged from a brownish taupe to a beige khaki. None have been just brown or grey. As Paul said, they're a unique mix of in-between colors. Same goes for the BC linen blend jacket. It looks like a beige khaki color in person but photographs more brown.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Wow, the Matchless CEO is a real piece of work :o
    I have to tell you that Matchless is not responsable for our e-commerce. The website and the store is run by a third party company @diana_corp so please forward all your comments to them.

So that absolves Matchless of all responsibility then? Wake up fella, if it were not for web-sales your jackets would still be in the warehouse.
    I love the jacket and personally I made the one for Daniel Craig.

I doubt this very much.
    The Craig blouson is now one of the Matchless iconic piece and will stay forever in our collection.

Either he is trying to say that the original screen used jacket worn by DC is in their companies private collection - doubtful again.
    Or... he's saying the jacket was sooooooo successful as product, they are going to keep turning them out to milk the market for as long as possible; which seems to be the case when their website has all sizes available.

So how does that work with a 700 piece Limited Edition? ?:)
    ...the design is made with a top costume designer in the world.

That your company ripped off. Bravo 8-)
    In term of style is the best moment of the movie!

No, that was the blue checked suit in the PTS. IMHO anyway :D
    If anyone is unhappy about the amazing Craig Blouson, please send them back asap we have 3000 people in our waiting list

Why don't they order from your displayed website stock then? :p
    Why you buy 9 jackets all togheter!

Does it matter? I'm guessing he considers 1-in-9 jackets being faulty as good Quality Control :s
    So I believe in the costumer experience, but not when people tried to damage the companies....

Translated into the correct Queen's English = "The customer is always right, unless we don't like what they have to say and then its 'Up yours matey'."
    Then when the value of my company will be the same of Apple 120 bln I will thank you again and remeber your honest review. All the best, MM

How fabulously delusional. Apple is a tech company dumb-ass and globally just about anyone capable of independent thought has or seeks to own a mobile phone of some description. However, not everyone seeks to own an high-priced leather jacket. Clearly he's priority, as written there in black and white, is make as much money as possible and everything else be damned.

Can anyone confirm, is this guy one of those plum brother's wreaking that other once reasonable British brand, Belstaff?
    Hes a playboy aint he!???
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Perhaps best for CRB to chime in on what the Malenotti brothers did to Belstaff, morphing it from the maker of great motorcycle jackets and bags that were iconic and are still sought after into a fashion brand that has...well...hmmmm. :#

Patiently awaiting Malenotti's next instagram post where he blames it all on Google Translate.
    Honestly, most of his response doesn't bother me that much. He's arrogant for sure, but he also grew a company that's become pretty successful in a relatively short amount of time. That's not easy, as we all probably know. And as Matt S said, some of the tone can be written off as second language problems. He does give his phone number and email, he seems sincerely proud of the work he did, and his response is personal, so I have to give him credit for those things.

What grates me a little is the whole "I'm Michele Malenotti, CEO of Matchless, and when it comes to customer service problems, the buck stops somewhere way down the supply chain" attitude.

In the end, he made a good product that captured the imagination of his target market, but they screwed up on the promise of great customer service and delivery. Seriously, just man up and own the responsibility: apologize for the problems, promise to do better and then make sure it doesn't happen again. Aligning your name with your brand means 100% commitment, through good weather AND bad.
  • MajorBoothroydMajorBoothroyd A World Without WantPosts: 81MI6 Agent
    I think I'll call you C!
    "Never let them see you bleed."
    canoe2 wrote:
    In the end, he made a good product

Who - John Varvatos? Ok joking aside - but after seeing those neck collar hooks on the SA version in SPECTRE I'm not surprised they dropped it on the retail version as it was a step too far and a bit obvious they designed bugger all

Im guessing the 9 jacket purchase thing refers to Ross who actually bought a load for us AJBers due to crazy fluctuations in the Matchless prices. Well I can tell you one thing - there was more then one flawed jacket. I had two - one had a flaw down the back and the one I kept was dirty around the badge area - in a nutshell it was too much hassle to send them back to Italy

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE someone to call him out on the design and show comparison pics between the JV and SA. I know its not his fault as EON would have said "here you are copy this in tan etc" but it would sure be funny to hear what he says about the "design process". After all he made it :))

Those Star Wars jackets are terrible and the nowhere near SA
    edited December 2015
    welshboy78 wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:
    In the end, he made a good product

Who - John Varvatos? Ok joking aside - but after seeing those neck collar hooks on the SA version in SPECTRE I'm not surprised they dropped it on the retail version as it was a step too far and a bit obvious they designed bugger all

Im guessing the 9 jacket purchase thing refers to Ross who actually bought a load for us AJBers due to crazy fluctuations in the Matchless prices. Well I can tell you one thing - there was more then one flawed jacket. I had two - one had a flaw down the back and the one I kept was dirty around the badge area - in a nutshell it was too much hassle to send them back to Italy

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE someone to call him out on the design and show comparison pics between the JV and SA. I know its not his fault as EON would have said "here you are copy this in tan etc" but it would sure be funny to hear what he says about the "design process". After all he made it :))

Those Star Wars jackets are terrible and the nowhere near SA

Point taken, but I did say, "good" not "great". Chose that word on purpose :D

I guess when we have Tom Ford being randomly "inspired" by the work of other designers, then charging the prices he does for his "original" pieces, and then delivering a customer experience that was as bad as/even worse than Matchless (as Mantis notes in this vlog), I find it a little difficult to be too upset with this guy's attitude about his product. He's a fashion designer, but he also likes to spout off about being CEO, so like I said, he should be prepared to take responsibility for the whole customer experience, good and bad, which he obviously doesn't. And that includes the 9 jackets one customer bought; who cares about the reason? Every one of them should have been perfect.

Haven't seen the Matchless Star Wars collection, but the last time I wanted to dress exactly like Han Solo, I was 10. Not sure who they're planning to sell those to, unless the cosplayers at ComicCon have a lot more money now :)

Edit: I take it back; the Han Solo jacket has a place for my cigars!
    DBS wrote:
    The few pairs of BC trousers that have passed through my hands have all been slightly different in color. But this is only noticeable when they're side-by-side. If I had only one pair at a time, I would have said they're the same. But they've ranged from a brownish taupe to a beige khaki. None have been just brown or grey. As Paul said, they're a unique mix of in-between colors. Same goes for the BC linen blend jacket. It looks like a beige khaki color in person but photographs more brown.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Thanks for the info. Are these all the same chino model and colour, and the colour is just inconsistent? If that's the case, I'd say the inconsistency has charm.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    I guess when we have Tom Ford being randomly "inspired" by the work of other designers, then charging the prices he does for his "original" pieces, and then delivering a customer experience that was as bad as/even worse than Matchless (as Mantis notes in this vlog), I find it a little difficult to be too upset with this guy's attitude about his product. He's a fashion designer, but he also likes to spout off about being CEO, so like I said, he should be prepared to take responsibility for the whole customer experience, good and bad, which he obviously doesn't. And that includes the 9 jackets one customer bought; who cares about the reason? Every one of them should have been perfect.

I agree with you, sure Matchless dropped the ball with their customer service delivery, but how is that any worse than Tom Ford who shamelessly inflated the prices and reneged on agreed prices with customers?! Watching David's vlog they seem to have gotten off with a slapped wrist compared to Matchless...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    While we are ranting about customer service, try this for size...

Thought I would buy myself the Canada Goose Lodge Hoody DC wore for the SPECTRE press call, so went online to Snow&Rock here in the UK and ordered a Medium which was showing in stock.

S&R immediately took the money from my account and sent a confirmation email. And then I waited. And waited. 7 days pass, so I sent an email asking what's happening. Finally hear back from the manager of their Kensington store, "Sorry, we don't have the stock you ordered and we'll refund you".

So OK, they offered for sale on their website stuff they hadn't actually got in stock; OK, they charged me straight away, rather than on dispatch of the item ordered; OK, I had to chase them to find out what was going on. But what happened next is what ensured I will NEVER, EVER buy from Snow&Rock...

11 days later I still have no refund. So I ring them, speak to some clueless sorts in the Kensington store and get fobbed off that they will get the manager to call me back when he's next in. Not happy with that, I call S&R customer services - oh joy - 17th in the caller queue and 23 minutes of 'call waiting' later, they finally agree to refund my money they should never have taken in the first place and finally a further 2 days later I have my money back.

And that was my FIRST and LAST customer experience with Snow&Rock. Avoid them at your leisure guys X-(
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Perhaps best for CRB to chime in on what the Malenotti brothers did to Belstaff

I really can't be bothered. I just checked this thread for first time in days. Made me laugh at least. Do none of his critics understand he is running a business and the venting a of a small group of bond fans is beyond trivial to Matchless' brand. It's all a bit embarrassing actually.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    It's not embarassing at all. We as customers pay some good money and in return get shabby service. complaints follow. what's embarassing at that?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    CRB wrote:
    ...the venting a of a small group of bond fans is beyond trivial to Matchless' brand. It's all a bit embarrassing actually.

Wow, so let me get this right, mugging off your customer base at every turn is perfectly acceptable??
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    CRB wrote:
    Perhaps best for CRB to chime in on what the Malenotti brothers did to Belstaff

I really can't be bothered. I just checked this thread for first time in days. Made me laugh at least. Do none of his critics understand he is running a business and the venting a of a small group of bond fans is beyond trivial to Matchless' brand. It's all a bit embarrassing actually.

Not sure what you mean by this....but the fact is he did respond. I have not commented on his response other than to say "interesting" because I think he did a very good job of saying it all...

That being said, I do agree with you that no other comment or color need be added. His response was posted for informational purposes and as part of the interesting journey we are all on...

Now back to trivial discussion....
    Probably easiest to start a customer service thread into which everyone can pour vitriol on Matchless, Tom Ford and JV. There's plenty of it.

Back on track - I tried on the Craig blouson in nubuck leather last night. Was very nice, and a better fit than the suede. It was a very dark Navy.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:

Interesting perspective. Many of us "run" businesses and none of our customers are "trivial"
    I also expected that right now we represent a greater percentage of his overall sales than you probably imagine. What is actually embarrassing is his response.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:

Thought I would buy myself the Canada Goose Lodge Hoody DC wore for the SPECTRE press call, so went online to Snow&Rock here in the UK and ordered a Medium which was showing in stock.

S&R immediately took the money from my account and sent a confirmation email. And then I waited. And waited. 7 days pass, so I sent an email asking what's happening. Finally hear back from the manager of their Kensington store, "Sorry, we don't have the stock you ordered and we'll refund you".

So OK, they offered for sale on their website stuff they hadn't actually got in stock; OK, they charged me straight away, rather than on dispatch of the item ordered; OK, I had to chase them to find out what was going on. But what happened next is what ensured I will NEVER, EVER buy from Snow&Rock...

11 days later I still have no refund. So I ring them, speak to some clueless sorts in the Kensington store and get fobbed off that they will get the manager to call me back when he's next in. Not happy with that, I call S&R customer services - oh joy - 17th in the caller queue and 23 minutes of 'call waiting' later, they finally agree to refund my money they should never have taken in the first place and finally a further 2 days later I have my money back.

And that was my FIRST and LAST customer experience with Snow&Rock. Avoid them at your leisure guys X-(

Funny I did the exact same thing but with Revolve and bought same Canada Goose then got the below the day after they confirmed and took my money (but should be buyer protected via PayPal fortunately):

Please be informed that we may take an additional 1-3 days to locate and ship your item. In the off chance we are not able to locate your item, we will notify you and cancel the item from your order.

So naturally I am awaiting an email 4 days later I have yet to see or a refund
    So standby for the round of phoning to begin

It really should not be this tough for those who just want a decent service i.e the customer

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    I've heard that some high-end companies employ a strategy to treat the customers poorly to make them think the company is better than they are, and then the customer will want to purchase from them because they will think so highly of the company because they think low of themselves. That method works for people like CRB, no offence intended to CRB.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

Funny I did the exact same thing but with Revolve and bought same Canada Goose then got the below the day after they confirmed and took my money (but should be buyer protected via PayPal fortunately):

Please be informed that we may take an additional 1-3 days to locate and ship your item. In the off chance we are not able to locate your item, we will notify you and cancel the item from your order.

So naturally I am awaiting an email 4 days later I have yet to see or a refund
    So standby for the round of phoning to begin

It really should not be this tough for those who just want a decent service i.e the customer

Cheers :007)

P.S I wonder how they would feel if I charged them interest on my funds X-(
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • SAS Prince Malko LingeSAS Prince Malko Linge U.S.APosts: 16MI6 Agent
    So far for me the Best Customer service I got was from N.PEAL.
    Fantastic Peoples :)
    Matt S wrote:
    I've heard that some high-end companies employ a strategy to treat the customers poorly to make them think the company is better than they are, and then the customer will want to purchase from them because they will think so highly of the company because they think low of themselves. That method works for people like CRB, no offence intended to CRB.

To avoid polluting this thread any further and keeping it for the clothing discussion, I've answered here:
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/797806/#p797806