Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    So far for me the Best Customer service I got was from N.PEAL.
    Fantastic Peoples :)

Yes, agreed. Just today I visited their Burlington Arcade store and had a very pleasant experience.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I run my own small business and I value every single one of my customers and try to treat them all with the very best service that I can.

Having good CS is important for all companies in order to retain customers and to preserve brand loyalty no matter their size or their level of prestige.

Arguing that a company is so posh or "better" than their customers that they can afford to treat their customers like crap is a ridiculous argument. After hearing how Matchless and TF have treated customers lately, I have less than zero intention of ever buying even one of their products ever.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    So far for me the Best Customer service I got was from N.PEAL.
    Fantastic Peoples :)

Yes, agreed. Just today I visited their Burlington Arcade store and had a very pleasant experience.

I have to agree I was there last week (plus JV) and they said I looked very much like James Bond (must have been the whistle I was wearing very akin to the office scene post Mexico). Needless to say they were buttering me up (that never hurts and we all like a compliment or two) but I did not walk out empty handed!! So it worked, Very nice experience and pleasant on the eye too!

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    Skippy wrote:
    While we are ranting about customer service, try this for size...

Thought I would buy myself the Canada Goose Lodge Hoody DC wore for the SPECTRE press call, so went online to Snow&Rock here in the UK and ordered a Medium which was showing in stock.

S&R immediately took the money from my account and sent a confirmation email. And then I waited. And waited. 7 days pass, so I sent an email asking what's happening. Finally hear back from the manager of their Kensington store, "Sorry, we don't have the stock you ordered and we'll refund you".

So OK, they offered for sale on their website stuff they hadn't actually got in stock; OK, they charged me straight away, rather than on dispatch of the item ordered; OK, I had to chase them to find out what was going on. But what happened next is what ensured I will NEVER, EVER buy from Snow&Rock...

11 days later I still have no refund. So I ring them, speak to some clueless sorts in the Kensington store and get fobbed off that they will get the manager to call me back when he's next in. Not happy with that, I call S&R customer services - oh joy - 17th in the caller queue and 23 minutes of 'call waiting' later, they finally agree to refund my money they should never have taken in the first place and finally a further 2 days later I have my money back.

And that was my FIRST and LAST customer experience with Snow&Rock. Avoid them at your leisure guys X-(

Funny I did the exact same thing but with Revolve and bought same Canada Goose then got the below the day after they confirmed and took my money (but should be buyer protected via PayPal fortunately):

Please be informed that we may take an additional 1-3 days to locate and ship your item. In the off chance we are not able to locate your item, we will notify you and cancel the item from your order.

So naturally I am awaiting an email 4 days later I have yet to see or a refund
    So standby for the round of phoning to begin

It really should not be this tough for those who just want a decent service i.e the customer

P.S I wonder how they would feel if I charged them interest on my funds X-(

Yeah, you can see that might be an angle with some companies. Take order, take money, cancel order, hold onto money for a couple of weeks - then multiply that by X number of customers and their own interest rate must get fed quite well X-(
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    DBS wrote:
    The few pairs of BC trousers that have passed through my hands have all been slightly different in color. But this is only noticeable when they're side-by-side. If I had only one pair at a time, I would have said they're the same. But they've ranged from a brownish taupe to a beige khaki. None have been just brown or grey. As Paul said, they're a unique mix of in-between colors. Same goes for the BC linen blend jacket. It looks like a beige khaki color in person but photographs more brown.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Thanks for the info. Are these all the same chino model and colour, and the colour is just inconsistent? If that's the case, I'd say the inconsistency has charm.

Matt,
    To answer your question, the BC chinos have different style numbers but the same color codes. From my gatherings, the different style numbers refer to either the 100% cotton version or the cotton-elastane version. Also, the cut might be slightly different between the two (one a slim fit and the other a slightly more relaxed fit, but still slim). All of the other details remain the same (buttons, pockets, zip, etc).

I do like the idea of inconsistencies, especially when you factor in the BC factory is in this medieval town in Italy where all of the design, fabrication, and production work is done.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    DBS wrote:
    The few pairs of BC trousers that have passed through my hands have all been slightly different in color. But this is only noticeable when they're side-by-side. If I had only one pair at a time, I would have said they're the same. But they've ranged from a brownish taupe to a beige khaki. None have been just brown or grey. As Paul said, they're a unique mix of in-between colors. Same goes for the BC linen blend jacket. It looks like a beige khaki color in person but photographs more brown.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Thanks for the info. Are these all the same chino model and colour, and the colour is just inconsistent? If that's the case, I'd say the inconsistency has charm.

Matt,
    To answer your question, the BC chinos have different style numbers but the same color codes. From my gatherings, the different style numbers refer to either the 100% cotton version or the cotton-elastane version. Also, the cut might be slightly different between the two (one a slim fit and the other a slightly more relaxed fit, but still slim). All of the other details remain the same (buttons, pockets, zip, etc).

I do like the idea of inconsistencies, especially when you factor in the BC factory is in this medieval town in Italy where all of the design, fabrication, and production work is done.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Okay, I got it now. Thanks for the info!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    For anyone interested, I'll be making a trip to the Dior outlet in Bicester soon. So on the off chance they have a version of the Mr White jacket, I'm happy to look and purchase on behalf of anyone looking for one (I'm not looking for one myself).
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Not wanting to harp on about MM's comments or the pros / cons of the Craig blouson, but....
    Despite the fact the CEO thinks he has a waiting list, Country Attire have all sizes reduced to £690, and if you register you can take a further 10% off that!

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Can't find the original post, but just wanted to shout out a 'thank you' to the person that posted about the J Crew Keaton boots going on sale {[]

For the sale price I can well live with them being the non-SA Boulder colour. Would say that despite comments suggesting these were a narrow fit and having little fat wide feet myself (to go with my diddy hands!!), the width is actually true to size.

They will get plenty of use come the Spring and hopefully maybe next season J Crew will re-release the Sahara colour again :)
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    I have the Kentons in Boulder and find them true to size and the Aldo in Sahara a tiny bit slimmer for my wife feet but now that they are broken in, they are fine too. The Kentons did fit perfectly right out of the box. Would buy another pair if re-released in Sahara.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 525MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Not wanting to harp on about MM's comments or the pros / cons of the Craig blouson, but....
    Despite the fact the CEO thinks he has a waiting list, Country Attire have all sizes reduced to £690, and if you register you can take a further 10% off that!

M
    Thanks for the heads up I tried to bag a size M but the website was awful. I placed my order and it disappeared out of my bag!!! Damn! Now out of stock.
  • Ch3ckersCh3ckers Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    For anyone interested, I'll be making a trip to the Dior outlet in Bicester soon. So on the off chance they have a version of the Mr White jacket, I'm happy to look and purchase on behalf of anyone looking for one (I'm not looking for one myself).

I wear a size 48-50. I live in US, would you be willing to ship?
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Just to clarify, I don't own one. But if I see one I shall PM you on here, then happy to buy it for you and ship it of course.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Skippy, 100% wear the clothes the film had such great wardrobe and im with everyone else gutted they never completed this trilogy but if you read some of the leaked sony emails you get an understanding about how inept some sony execs are which led to that.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    Can't find the original post, but just wanted to shout out a 'thank you' to the person that posted about the J Crew Keaton boots going on sale {[]

For the sale price I can well live with them being the non-SA Boulder colour. Would say that despite comments suggesting these were a narrow fit and having little fat wide feet myself (to go with my diddy hands!!), the width is actually true to size.

They will get plenty of use come the Spring and hopefully maybe next season J Crew will re-release the Sahara colour again :)

That may have been me, if it was, you're welcome!
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    A passable alternative to the Brunello Cucinelli Morocco jacket (at least in my opinion it is.....)

Chester Barrie linen chambray single breasted jacket (2 button not 3 and no ticket pocket but at the price it feels like a very nice quality jacket and looks good in the flesh.....). I may get it altered to shorten the overall length/tail to make it a little more contemporary.............

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Chester+Barrie+Linen+Chambray+single+breasted+Jacket/199794304,default,pd.html
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    David discusses a very serious condition afflicting Bond fans: Post Spectre Syndrome or P.S.S. A public service message around the cure for P.S.S. takes on the form of our traditional Bond Holiday Gift Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DCzHNreMi0&feature=youtu.be
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Skippy, 100% wear the clothes the film had such great wardrobe and im with everyone else gutted they never completed this trilogy but if you read some of the leaked sony emails you get an understanding about how inept some sony execs are which led to that.

Simon, I think you meant to post this in the GWTDT thread?

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/798070/#p798070
    JMac88 wrote:
    sruzgar wrote:

Simon, I think you meant to post this in the GWTDT thread?

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/798070/#p798070

Seen and noted none the less :) Glad to hear I'm not the only one afflicted with a penchant for mimic'ing DC's wardrobe :D

Although I have just been pondering those UK7 Nike Sneaker Boots on the eBay thread and despite being new & exactly my size, I think I need to accept I am 20 years too old to be wearing footwear like that these days :))
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    I bought a BLK DNM sweatshirt jacket with zippered sleeves to complement the black JV zip through. That is 20 years too young for me. :))

C'mon buy the sneakerboots. It's winter. You can always replace the blue laces with something "age appropriate."
  • DoctorDoctor ItalyPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    Doctor wrote:
    ...a really GREAT thanks to Mr. David Zaritsky for great Job in video

AWESOME DAVID!!!!
    Orbis Non Sufficit
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    David discusses a very serious condition afflicting Bond fans: Post Spectre Syndrome or P.S.S. A public service message around the cure for P.S.S. takes on the form of our traditional Bond Holiday Gift Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DCzHNreMi0&feature=youtu.be

David nice piece I found myself suffering PSS recently so much so I went to go see the film again and pre ordered the film on iTunes as well.

Still only another 3 years or so until the next one!

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    I bought a BLK DNM sweatshirt jacket with zippered sleeves to complement the black JV zip through. That is 20 years too young for me. :))

C'mon buy the sneakerboots. It's winter. You can always replace the blue laces with something "age appropriate."

Took the plunge on the Nikes........only a year or two off DC's age (although not a multi millionaire movie star) so will see if I can pull them off.......Suspect my wife will be more :o
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Dufus wrote:

Took the plunge on the Nikes........only a year or two off DC's age (although not a multi millionaire movie star) so will see if I can pull them off.......Suspect my wife will be more :o

Which on did you get? Which colour? Bamboo? Like DC wore in Solden? I have them too and I am DC age. 2 month younger.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    This morning I had the pleasure of speaking with Michele Malenotti, the CEO of Matchless for nearly 30 minutes. As you all know, Michele had posted a response to my review vlog of the Matchless Craig Blouson last week. We connected via email soon after and had agreed we should chat by phone.
    I will just highlight some of the conversation because our intention is to have a vlog soon (and perhaps a Skype interview) that shares much of the shared passion amongst Michele and I around the customer experience and Bond specifically.
    The subjects covered:
    • My vlog and his appreciation of it
    • How it felt for him to watch and hear about the customer experience issues
    • The production issues
    • The story of how they acquired the job of making the Craig blouson
    • The discussion of accuracy and changes
    • Sales
    • E-commerce partners and EX-partners
    • The importance of the personal customer touches
    • New venues in countries
    • His passion to get better and win the loyalty of the customer
    I don’t have the typing capability nor the time to detail the entire conversation but rest assured I will be doing a video (easier for me to recount it talking to a camera) in an upcoming vlog…soon. I will say this…as usual there is nothing like talking to a person to establish understanding and to help each other empathize with viewpoints…I believe this will be an engaging start to some interesting discussions….

Michele_Malenotti.jpg
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to it. Cheers {[]
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    I'm looking forward to this. Congrats on the scoop!
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Fantastic David! This is very cool indeed. Glad to see your taking the time to communicate with him and get the whole story. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • DKLADKLA Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Well done DZ!
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Both Orlebar Brown shirts below now in the sale - the Malone and Morton in Sphere (not the new season Morton II)

http://www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/sale/mens-sale/morton-sale/sphere-blue

http://www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/sale/mens-sale/malone-sale/sky

DBS wrote:
    I received my OB Malone shirt in Sky, and since I currently own the previous season's Morton shirt in Sphere, I decided to do a side-by-side comparison.

OB%20Malone-Morton%20Compare%202R.jpg

OB%20Malone-Morton%20Compare%203R.jpg

OB%20Malone-Morton%20Compare%201R.jpg

And finally a little comparison shot (with the help of Photoshop) alongside one of the only still images we have of the screen shirt (Malone is on the left, Morton is on the right) -

Matchless%20Morocco%20OB%20Compare%201.jpg

In my opinion, there still isn't enough evidence to say, for certain, that it's either shirt. What we really need is some hi-res images from the train sequence since we don't have confirmation from Jany or anyone in the Wardrobe department. But I think these two are the likeliest candidates.

Kind regards,
    Craig